• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

JPW

Smash Ace
i think some people would like change. that's why they're cuts.
And I would at least like to see a few replaced.
Just for different variety.

I just feel we could use some cuts this time round.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
I personally do not see why they should remove anyone at all, because different people like all sorts of different characters for different reasons. Personally, I like to use Roy more than Marth because he matches my style of play more, I am not too good with high sped characters, so Roy is a decent one for a guy like me.
i agree. they shouldnt take out anyone based souly on the fact that if someone is dropped like pichu or roy then there could be some chaos in the smash community. like if someone uses roy and only roy and is pretty good with him and then they just take roy out of brawl because some people dont like him then it would just screw things up for the player. they should just keep everyone (no matter how much people dont like it) in the new game. like i dont like pichu or mewtwo but im not trying to get em out of the next game and niether should anyone else with all the other clone chars or just chars u dont like.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
i agree. they shouldnt take out anyone based souly on the fact that if someone is dropped like pichu or roy then there could be some chaos in the smash community. like if someone uses roy and only roy and is pretty good with him and then they just take roy out of brawl because some people dont like him then it would just screw things up for the player. they should just keep everyone (no matter how much people dont like it) in the new game. like i dont like pichu or mewtwo but im not trying to get em out of the next game and niether should anyone else with all the other clone chars or just chars u dont like.
How do you think Kirby or Ness players liked what happened to their character in Melee? They should felt even more screwed I think...

Anyways, there will be cuts. And yeah, although it's sad for the pro's with the character, Roy is almost guaranteed to go. Still they might put some of his play style into a new added character? Ike looks a good candidate for that. Plus he could have his own moves.

Personally, I play Pichu to as a 4th character or something. And I do enjoy playing like him. However I do realise he will most likely be cut in Brawl. I still feel sorry for the Doc players though, as from all the characters who have to be cut, Doc is the most likely...

Dishoom

Smash Rookie
i dont see why doc would be cut because its not like hes a bad clone of mario.
Well, I think he's just way too much like Mario. He's just wearing a different suit and shoots pills instead of fire. His smash looks a little different too, but still, he's almost EXACTLY the same as Mario.

Orion Ray

Smash Rookie
Ill Make my own in the future in my style but not copy theirs but in a game that shows the origins of the carecters of my Kind............Odds Evens and Evods.........Evods is my new word of Feee will .....in a planet created first the gravity is hevier but the dameg is dubled but later you get the hang of it and speed is back .........ha ha ha ............only the thing is every one is born with their 2 sides good evil and neutral .......wich neutral is sometimes the best so it wuld be triplets:laugh: ............. smash nemisis meets the other sides:chuckle:

2-D

Smash Rookie
All the characters who are confirmed are the only characters returning.
Wrong... The guys who invented the game wouldn't be ******** enough to tell us who will be returning, as they might be unlockable.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think he's just way too much like Mario. He's just wearing a different suit and shoots pills instead of fire. His smash looks a little different too, but still, he's almost EXACTLY the same as Mario.
no u would be suprised how different they are. just look at the down smash. docs is way better than marios. docs cape doesnt have as good of recovery as marios. docs pills do more damage than marios fireball. docs a-combo is a little slower. and im sure theres others.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Wrong... The guys who invented the game wouldn't be ******** enough to tell us who will be returning, as they might be unlockable.
I agree, I think that they will mix a lot of the characters up. When unlocking them there will be some new and some old. I can't wait for the game to come out!!!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
... You don't actually believe he was serious, right?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
no u would be suprised how different they are. just look at the down smash. docs is way better than marios. docs cape doesnt have as good of recovery as marios. docs pills do more damage than marios fireball. docs a-combo is a little slower. and im sure theres others.
Well... Pichu would be even more diffrent. He's got a very own Up Smash.

Doc's only way of returning is becoming a costume for Mario. People are only defending Doc because in Melee he's slightly higher tiered then Mario. If Mario was just better no one would like Doc. :ohwell:

Orion Ray

Smash Rookie
Im almost done with creating a picture of my own carecters from Silverdom ..........i call it Twin smash Univers:laugh: give me until November:chuckle: :confused: :psycho: :( :) :urg: :p

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
I personally think that they shouldnt ever remove a character. Why would you remove it? If you don't like it just dont play with it! I think its stupid to single out a few characters like Game and Watch and Pichu, because I have seen people play those characters great, better then some more experienced high tier characters. Leave everyone. Dont have to make them starters, making them unlockable is fine.

Dr_Twist

Smash Lord
i agree about dr.mario hes not realloy that much of a copy he's a lot better
but i think falcos the same thing hes way better then fox hes stronger faster and BETTER:smiliegor

i also agree with grizz lee just dont use them

p.s. its my first post yay

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
i agree about dr.mario hes not realloy that much of a copy he's a lot better
but i think falcos the same thing hes way better then fox hes stronger faster and BETTER:smiliegor

i also agree with grizz lee just dont use them

p.s. its my first post yay
well falco isnt faster as moving wise but im pretty sure hes mor powerful and its a matter of opinion on who is "better" because on the "official" 2006 tier list fox and falco are the only 2 top tiers. but i'll stop there (dont wanna get off topic)

DiNK

Smash Rookie
i hope roy makes it... i hope falco does too because there some of my favorite characters... also they shuld give falcon some more moves... i find he has stale moves

VIPERleader

Smash Rookie
maybe cut:
Y. Link
Roy
Jigglypuff (i kno its a major character...just not good!)
and just make zelda and sheik seperate characters

definitely cut:
Pichu
Dr. Mario

keep falco and give new moves
keep mewtwo with more weight and attacks r fine if u kno wat ur doin

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Cut, in order of who deserves it the most:
Dr. Mario (Well duh, it's just Mario in a Dr.'s outfit. Costume menu people!)
Pichu (This speaks for itself)
Young Link (This guy isn't as bad as the first two, as with the new TP Link he can be considered a separate character from the normal Link, but I still think that my idea that all the carnations of Link should be costumes would be more practical.)
Roy (I don't really care either way as I'm not an FE fan 'cause Australian electronic stores suck at ordering in decent games, but from what I've heard he isn't overally iconic of the series unlike Ike or Sigurd.)

People who could possibly be cut by shouldn't be:
Falco (He's way to popular, he's my favorite Star Fox character and it isn't THAT hard to work up a new moveset for him.)
Ganondorf (He was already supposed to have his own moveset but didn't due to time constraints in Melee, and again he's a major character and popular.)
Ness (He could possibly be replaced by Lucus. Rather, either make Lucus seperate from Ness (though god knows how) or make Lucus a costume.)
Jigglypuff (She was supposedly getting cut in Melee for somebody, but didn't. She shouldn't, because her B down is one of the cheapest moves in the game. :p)

Characters who have a snowballs chance in hell of being cut but people say they should be cut anyway because they're ******** or something:
Mr. Game & Watch (Oh come on, he's probably Sakurai's favorite character being the retro freak he is. 'sides, they'll probably fix his weight issues so he's more popular. He's still one of Nintendo's most famous characters.)
Ice Climbers (Same reasons for Mr. G&W, but scrap the famous part. They're original and fit the kind of stuff Sakurai likes. There's no logical reason why they should get the boot.)

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
maybe cut:
Y. Link
Roy

definitely cut:
Pichu
Dr. Mario

...(o_o)...dude...don't mess wit da puff :grrr:

Tricky.

Smash Cadet
Keep ness...but make he alot better pleaseeee

Ppl that said that ness should be cut because they cant use him need to be shot

but ness should go back to his old form but keep the same speed of the pk thunder

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
maybe cut:
Y. Link
Roy

definitely cut:
Pichu
Dr. Mario

Not good? Ever hear of Rest or the Wall of Pain? Her grab moves aren't half bad either. You might want to study up a little more before you officially assume a character is bad... Jigglypuff is actually one of the Top 10 on the tier list, or something like that.

Everything else seems agreeable to me... nice to see (or so it appears) that you want to keep GAW and IC. :)

ike--Luigi

Smash Rookie
well it would b great if the costumes change the type of character you are... meaning you can change to either mario or doc... and same for link and young like.... then maybe kirby and metaknight.... that would make more characters and less space to put them in... also giving a more variety and tecniques

PudgeSX

Smash Cadet
seriously, me maining falco, when your flailing aimlessly in the air trying to DI away and jiggs is just keeping you in the air with that **** uair...you just see it slowly coming... *smack *smack *smack *CRASH*

::shudders::

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
My hopeful List

(In no particualr order. . .)

Roy - At first, I was completely against Roy, him being just a clone of the more popular Marth. However, if they "Luigitize" Roy and make him his own charactor, completely revamped, then that's how I see Roy in here.

Luigi - Could be from the Sub-Con games, or maybe even Luigi's Mansion (Super-Smash?), but he will be revamped again in an attempt to make him "his own" charactor.

Peach - Super Princess Peach. Sub-Con games. I need say no more.

Bowser - He's that bad dude we ALL love to hate. Plus, he's excused by being playable in a few Mario Games, most of note the Legend of the Seven Stars.

Yoshi - Who could NOT love that egg-selent steed? Plus, I think his position in the very first original SSB comercial kind of seals him in.

DK - Was also in the commercial, and has his own series (one of the many that was jump-started with Mario's help). Though nobody really likes playing him, he just has to be in there, ya know?

Fox - Okay in my book so long as he is accurate to the Adventures storyline. All you Fox lovers will love swinging around a slightly magical stick at people :) . Though I am unsure about the safety of "the shine."

Ice Climbers - I sense a strong rebirth for the Ice Climbers not only in Brawl, but with another presence coming with the Wii as well. This is just a feeling, though, and only time will tell the truth.

Ness - Was in both Super Smashes, and though he's from a relatively mediocrely advertised RPG who is only leeching his life from Super Smash Brothers. . .uhh. . .what was I going to say? :p

Jigglypuff - There are so many times when the Song is just enough. There's just something about Jigglypuff: a cuteness that rivals even Pikachu. And denying her after BOTH Super Smashes and a mild fanbase to boot (most of which DON'T spam Rest :p , which, I think Rest should only heal at the cost of sleep, like in the real Pokemon games) would be. . .wrong. Just plain wrong.

Marth - Fire Emblem has a growing fanbase, and so does Marth. However, I DO sense a nerfing in his future, unfortunately.

There is one entity that MUST NEVER RETURN: IF NOBODY ELSE gets kicked out, then for goodness sake kick out

Falco - Not only a clone, but not even a playable charactor in the Starfox games! I HONESTLY don't see why even FOX was PUT in the original SSB anyway when he didn't HAVE any of the fancy moves he had in any of his previous games. Heck, he didn't even have most of them in his only game where he actually gets on foot for the action: Starfox Adventures. If you took Fox from the Adventures game and made him more accurate to charactor (he will still have his laser, don't worry, he just could never use his laser on Dinosaur Planet due to the unstable nature of the planet), THEN he would be more excuseable, but I hardly see it as retroactive. And while Fox is questionable, Falco's INEXCUSEABLE.

EDIT: if you didn't notice, I kinda excluded most of the clones, because I feel that a tolerance for clones will be reduced to ZERO with the coming of the ULTIMATE Smash game. I also excluded ALL of the charactors that were never even PLAYABLE before SSBM, and therefore, shouldn't have been there in the first place. The rest of the ones I removed I just felt didn't make sense.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
(In no particualr order. . .)

Roy - At first, I was completely against Roy, him being just a clone of the more popular Marth. However, if they "Luigitize" Roy and make him his own charactor, completely revamped, then that's how I see Roy in here.

Luigi - Could be from the Sub-Con games, or maybe even Luigi's Mansion (Super-Smash?), but he will be revamped again in an attempt to make him "his own" charactor.

Peach - Super Princess Peach. Sub-Con games. I need say no more.

Bowser - He's that bad dude we ALL love to hate. Plus, he's excused by being playable in a few Mario Games, most of note the Legend of the Seven Stars.

Yoshi - Who could NOT love that egg-selent steed? Plus, I think his position in the very first original SSB comercial kind of seals him in.

DK - Was also in the commercial, and has his own series (one of the many that was jump-started with Mario's help). Though nobody really likes playing him, he just has to be in there, ya know?

Fox - Okay in my book so long as he is accurate to the Adventures storyline. All you Fox lovers will love swinging around a slightly magical stick at people :) . Though I am unsure about the safety of "the shine."

Ice Climbers - I sense a strong rebirth for the Ice Climbers not only in Brawl, but with another presence coming with the Wii as well. This is just a feeling, though, and only time will tell the truth.

Ness - Was in both Super Smashes, and though he's from a relatively mediocrely advertised RPG who is only leeching his life from Super Smash Brothers. . .uhh. . .what was I going to say? :p

Jigglypuff - There are so many times when the Song is just enough. There's just something about Jigglypuff: a cuteness that rivals even Pikachu. And denying her after BOTH Super Smashes and a mild fanbase to boot (most of which DON'T spam Rest :p , which, I think Rest should only heal at the cost of sleep, like in the real Pokemon games) would be. . .wrong. Just plain wrong.

Marth - Fire Emblem has a growing fanbase, and so does Marth. However, I DO sense a nerfing in his future, unfortunately.

There is one entity that MUST NEVER RETURN: IF NOBODY ELSE gets kicked out, then for goodness sake kick out

Falco - Not only a clone, but not even a playable charactor in the Starfox games! I HONESTLY don't see why even FOX was PUT in the original SSB anyway when he didn't HAVE any of the fancy moves he had in any of his previous games. Heck, he didn't even have most of them in his only game where he actually gets on foot for the action: Starfox Adventures. If you took Fox from the Adventures game and made him more accurate to charactor (he will still have his laser, don't worry, he just could never use his laser on Dinosaur Planet due to the unstable nature of the planet), THEN he would be more excuseable, but I hardly see it as retroactive. And while Fox is questionable, Falco's INEXCUSEABLE.

EDIT: if you didn't notice, I kinda excluded most of the clones, because I feel that a tolerance for clones will be reduced to ZERO with the coming of the ULTIMATE Smash game. I also excluded ALL of the charactors that were never even PLAYABLE before SSBM, and therefore, shouldn't have been there in the first place. The rest of the ones I removed I just felt didn't make sense.
So wait a minute... are you suggesting veterans like Captain Falcon didn't belong in Smash?:mad:

Anyway, some of your points I agree with- for example, I would love to have Roy return Luigified (although he probably won't return period).

Also, I hope Luigi could be revamped enough so he is no longer "Luigified". Peach, Yoshi, DK, Bowser, and Fox are all shoo-ins as wells.

Bring back Marth? YES!!! Nerf him? No! Do we all remember what happened the last time we tried to nerf some of the gods of smash? *points at Ness and Kirby* What needs to be done is to IMPROVE upon the characters that weren't so great this time around.

I also believe that, like the rumors of Pit with Kid Icarus, there will be a re-release of Ice Climber for the Wii. Popo and Nana are simply too cute.:)

Now for some of the disagreements-

Fox will more than likely keep most of (if not all) of his current moveset. I loved Starfox Adventures, don't get me wrong- but he won't be the one to wield the staff. Krystal, on the other hand...;)

Falco- Just like Fox he WILL be returning. I can sense it. :lick: He is far too crucial to the Starfox story. He could easily be given a new moveset *coughStarfoxAssaultcough*. Your comments on not having any moves prior to SSB/SSBM? Well, Nintendo used some creativity- Just look at how awesome Fox and C. Falcon turned out!

"ZERO tolerance for clones" comment- I believe Falco and Ganondorf are ignoring you, lol. They will return either completely revamped or Luigified. Roy, Y. Link, Doc, and Pichu are probably on their way out.

I believe everyone minus Pichu, Doc, Y. Link, Roy, and POSSIBLY (her fate depending on TP) Shiek will be returning. A five person cut sounds plenty to me.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I hope they Luigitize either Marth or Roy. If they luigitize Marth, then Roy had BETTER be faster. If they Luigitize Roy, then I think I might not play him anymore.

I disagree with your removal of Falco. Think about it; they could swap him for Wolf and tinker with him a bit, but...you can't play him either. Who, then, James McCloud? Who you also don't get to play as?

If they need another member of Star Fox, you gotta go through a list of people who you don't play as. Bad logic. Besides, who would you play as? Peppy? His special move consists of sitting in a rocking chair and handing out Werthers Originals? Come on. Slippy? Who the **** wants Slippy in any more games?

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
I hope they Luigitize either Marth or Roy. If they luigitize Marth, then Roy had BETTER be faster. If they Luigitize Roy, then I think I might not play him anymore.

I disagree with your removal of Falco. Think about it; they could swap him for Wolf and tinker with him a bit, but...you can't play him either. Who, then, James McCloud? Who you also don't get to play as?

If they need another member of Star Fox, you gotta go through a list of people who you don't play as. Bad logic. Besides, who would you play as? Peppy? His special move consists of sitting in a rocking chair and handing out Werthers Originals? Come on. Slippy? Who the **** wants Slippy in any more games?
:laugh: :laugh: But seriously, I think it's safe to say Fox and Falco are like 99% confirmed for Brawl. If any more Starfox characters get in, we'll almost definitely see Wolf and Krystal. I also want General Scales, but that's just me.

Luigitize? I think you mean Luigify, but whatever.;)

Orion Ray

Smash Rookie
there shuld be like you can unlock costumes and colers .......now that would be better.........or you can custume your own:dizzy: ha he broke his eyes:laugh:

Zink

Smash Champion
I actually think that they'll give Fox an Adventures moveset and let Falco keep the retro moveset- it fits well, he's cool, and he make a good fighter.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
there shuld be like you can unlock costumes and colers .......now that would be better.........or you can custume your own:dizzy: ha he broke his eyes:laugh:
Unlockable costumes? Sure, I suppose- Doc, Pichu, Y. Link, etc.

Unlocking colors? O_O Um.... you might wanna rethink that one.

Broke his eyes? Are you referring to Goroh in my sig? DON'T mess with the Samurai! :p

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Wow, why the heck are so many people so pro Falco? I'm not exactly sure how Assult is going to work, but I think most of the stuff said is all just speculation. Fox didn't even belong in the first game, and in all honesty, I DON'T think either Adventures or Assult should have worked retroactively in the first place, really making Fox questionable and Falco inexcuseable.

Captain Falcon: why I didn't include him was because the only time he WAS playable, you're not really controlling him, but really, moreover, his car/ship-type thing. Therefore, was never really justifiable, not even retroactively!

Zelda/Shiek: never playable. Didn't even have most of the stuff she had in the game: LINK was given Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love

Ganondorf: never playable. Also, was merely given a CLONE of Captain Falcon's ALREADY made-up moveset.

The tolerance of clones being zero obviously only applies to Brawl. And being the inventor of the term, I'd like to say that "LuigiTIZE" means taking a clone and at least make some fairly noticeable effort to make them unique. It should be used as a euphamism rather than a pejorative.

And final thing, Krystal lost her staff, Fox got it, then Krystal, via the staff (using her unique magic), gave Fox the staff for his own use. The rest is history. . .sort of.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Why should only characters that you have 'physically' played as in their own games be viable? Part of the fun of the game is being able to control characters you wouldn't normally be able to. And Star Fox and F-Zero are two of Nintendo's biggest series, so they DESERVED representation.

I'm sorry, but your reasoning is stupid.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me? My reasoning is stupid? Just because my reasoning was "charactors shouldn't have been given abilities they never had in the first place?"

Not until after Adventures did Starfox deserve representation, AND NOT BY FALCO, EITHER!!!

F-Zero I never even heard of until after Melee. And that's from somebody who's played SSB64.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Excuse me? My reasoning is stupid? Just because my reasoning was "charactors shouldn't have been given abilities they never had in the first place?"
Well, going by that, we should remove at least 1/4 of the roster, if not more

Not until after Adventures did Starfox deserve representation, AND NOT BY FALCO, EITHER!!!
Starfox was a revolutionary game o the SNES and one of the most fondly remembered games on the N64, why didn't it deserve rep? Oh, by the way, in SF 64 there was a secret "on-foot" option in versus mode, so you COULD play Fox, Falco, Peppy, and Slippy in SF 64 directly

F-Zero I never even heard of until after Melee. And that's from somebody who's played SSB64.
Now that's sad. F-Zero was a launch title for the SNES, and F-Zero X came out not too long after the N64 either, at least before SSB64 anyways.

Zink

Smash Champion
Falco has probably the second biggest name representation in the SF games to date. Not only that, he's very cool. And aside from that, he's very popular. He's staying.
I think the "only previously played" thing is a bit silly. Who cares if you haven't played as CF yet? Now you can!

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Kudos to hemightbegiant, I couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

Yellow Mage, Nintendo includes characters from its most famous series... so of course people like Fox and C. Falcon were going to get in! Like Nintendo did with Zelda, Fox, and C. Falcon, they had to invent movesets for them. I personally found many of their techniques unique. Zelda's was particularly nice in creativity, invoking the powers of the goddesses Nayru, Farore, and Din... Even if Link was the one who relied on their powers in the game.

This game relies on CREATIVITY. Hence why Falco and Ganondorf will either be Luigified or completely remodeled. BTW, they're both almost definitely returning.:)

Ganondorf: never playable. Also, was merely given a CLONE of Captain Falcon's ALREADY made-up moveset.
I guess you never knew then... Ganondorf WAS intended to have an original moveset, but due to pressed time he was made into a clone of Falcon. And once again, here is a MAJOR character put into the game!

The tolerance of clones being zero obviously only applies to Brawl. And being the inventor of the term, I'd like to say that "LuigiTIZE" means taking a clone and at least make some fairly noticeable effort to make them unique. It should be used as a euphamism rather than a pejorative.
Yes, I know Brawl will not feature clones. And LuigiTIZE pretty much = LuigiFY, the more frequently used term.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Wow, Yellow Mage, shut up. Please.

Your logic IS stupid. You're saying that nobody should have moves they didn't have before?

Well, ****. Let's take out Luigi's Super Green Missile, Dr Mario's pill-tossing, Peach's Toad, Peach's umbrella, Gannon's ENTIRE MOVELIST, Ice Climber's Iceblock and Frost, Fox and Falco's laser pistol, Fire Fox/Fire Bird, and the teleport, Ness' PK Flash (Because it didn't do knockback in Earthbound), Mewtwo's teleport, Captain Falcon's Punch, Kick, and Grab...

****, while we're at it, let's just take away Zelda's entire combat abilities! No B attacks, no A attacks, she can't smash, tilt, or neutral A or B anything! Her entire movelist consists of turning into Shiek (Who, by the way, has no chain or shiryukens).

See? It's a stupid game, and anyone can play it.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Before I say anything else, MiraiGen, Dr. Mario DID chuck pills (into a jar, :p) in his game, Peach's umbrella is from Super Mario RPG, changing the effects of PK Flash doesn't mean they didn't take it out of Earthbound and I'm fairly sure Mewtwo could learn teleport in the Pokemon games.

Though I will admit that saying a character should be cut due to not being playable in their respective games is the dumbest idea since a certain somebody said items should be removed completly from the series.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Oh, that's right...In Dr. Mario he tossed them upwards into the jar.

And when did Peach use the umbrella? Are we talking when she escaped the castle to go with you?

I stand corrected on those points, but you get the idea. Just because a character never used it in the game doesn't mean that it has no place in Smash. Just look at my list, sans the corrections, and see how many people would get ****ed by the game itself.

Oh, Samus wouldn't be able to Smash, Tilt, or Neutral A. She couldn't punch or kick in the games, so she can't do it in Smash. Simple.

Top Bottom