• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I really dont care to much about Mario, but i'm definetly looking forward to playing as Bowser, which looks so bad a$$ btw, especially his final smash

OmegaXXII

you got that right, he will definetly be my main, others i'm also looking forward to are Ike, Fox, Zero-Suit, and of course Snake

OmegaXXII

balance a must, but also a characters movesets is also a factor that I will look into to make the most of my strategies

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
So Sakurai had said that certain moves for heavy characters will render them immovable.

Let's go through the heavy characters we already have:
Bowser
DK
Ganondorf
Mewtwo (kinda)

What moves do you think will render them immovable? I honestly can't think of any. Maybe DK and Ganondorf's uB... but that's really all I can think of. They couldn't give Bowser's uB the immovable trait, or it would just make Bowser unstoppable coming back to a ledge (though he could probably use that). I don't know... anyone have any ideas?

OmegaXXII

I'm not so sure about immolizing moves, maybe mewtwo's which btw he is not even a heavy character, in fact you could say he one of the lightest

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
I'm not so sure about immolizing moves, maybe mewtwo's which btw he is not even a heavy character, in fact you could say he one of the lightest

he is not that light. he just happens to be wispy.

his *power Ball* or whatever you want to call it does *heavy* damage. but i don't think that qualifies him as heavy.

plus, he is not even confirmed. not even rumored. or to the extent that ganondorf and sheik are rumored anyway.

mewtwo seems to move more like ness, so I doubt he is affected by this immobilization.

but definatly DK, Ganondorf, and Bowser will be. And if they consider Wario heavy.

He is fat.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
So Sakurai had said that certain moves for heavy characters will render them immovable.

Bowser
DK
Ganondorf
Mewtwo (kinda)

What moves do you think will render them immovable? I honestly can't think of any. Maybe DK and Ganondorf's uB... but that's really all I can think of. They couldn't give Bowser's uB the immovable trait, or it would just make Bowser unstoppable coming back to a ledge (though he could probably use that). I don't know... anyone have any ideas?
I think Ganon's DownB (but it'll probly change from clonage...
DK's DownB would be cool to, before he hits the ground, a good clearing move...
Bowsers DownB also!

balance a must, but also a characters movesets is also a factor that I will look into to make the most of my strategies
The movesets of course play a strategic value but I'm talking balance as in every character can match up against any other character. No "tiers" and maining becomes obcelete for elite players because you HAVE TO know everycharacter well.

Immobilizing moves might be weird yes, but he's too light in melee...

he is not that light. he just happens to be wispy.

his *power Ball* or whatever you want to call it does *heavy* damage. but i don't think that qualifies him as heavy.

plus, he is not even confirmed. not even rumored. or to the extent that ganondorf and sheik are rumored anyway.

mewtwo seems to move more like ness, so I doubt he is affected by this immobilization.

but definatly DK, Ganondorf, and Bowser will be. And if they consider Wario heavy.

He is fat.
Wario possibly yes, Mewtwo needs to be completely re made!

Banjo and Kazooie class as heavy!
Yes I beleive they're in!

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman

Bowser
DK
Ganondorf
Mewtwo (kinda)

uhh.... incase someone, or not just x-x-dyce-x-x but Ike is going to have invulnerable moves too, but i agree with you Dyce, up bs will probably be some of the main moves that are invulnerable.

except i think DKs Down B should be invulnerable for a little bit, because that would make it worth using again, haha

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i dont know if anyone has noticed this but i think it means captain falcon is confirmed?
Lots of people have noticed that, actually.

I'd go into another rant about why the icon doesn't really mean anything, but I'm too lazy and it's not really necessary. Does anyone actually even doubt Falcon's return? Thought not. The Captain still isn't confirmed (I can't believe I still have to say this) until he's up on the dojo. But he's probably in, yes.

OmegaXXII

obviously he is already gonna be in,m as for DK forward B it really does suck, it should be replaced by some other move imo

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
I'm still shooting for a projectile weapon. It could be as simple as he throws a DK barrel or he could bring back the Coconut Gun.

Eh?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Lots of people have noticed that, actually.

I'd go into another rant about why the icon doesn't really mean anything, but I'm too lazy and it's not really necessary. Does anyone actually even doubt Falcon's return? Thought not. The Captain still isn't confirmed (I can't believe I still have to say this) until he's up on the dojo. But he's probably in, yes.
Captain Falcon will make the cut, without a doubt. But I also didn't notice the lack of a Sim City icon. Good find xXmadeXx! Yay you! Does this mean anything for Animal Crossing? A game that was represented WITH an icon?

And I just realized that Dr Wright is a 3rd Party character though!

Oh, but now I just realized that he's technically a 2nd Party character from a 3rd Party company.

And yay beer!

P.S.- I was drinking! Yay!

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
as to dks forward b, you don't need to replace it just make it better. but a change of pace would be nice, so i'm open for options or his forward b should be his invulnerable move

and cf's return was pretty blatent. when i saw that Samurai Goroh had that symbol i thought he was a character before i read the text as soon as i saw it, but yeah it does make things alot more fun noticing those symbols. this game is going to rule

and x-x-dyce-x-x i had some port wine tonight, but yay for beer!

VAz Most Wanted

Smash Rookie
No lie i really want pichu falco and roy to go. they are just rip offs of Pikachu, Fox, And Marth. I think they were just in the first game to add more characters. And Ness definetley needs 2 stay. He has a built in home run bat. Stop Hatin!!

Tau

Smash Apprentice
No lie i really want pichu falco and roy to go. they are just rip offs of Pikachu, Fox, And Marth.
no no no... Roy stays, and marth goes. there's already one guy with blue hair and we dont need another. plus marth is just too girly, roy is better ^.^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Game and Watch needs to go.

He sucks.

He sucks hard.
Mewtwo, Bowser and Kirby all suck even more according to the Tier List, but that doesn't make them less awesome to play as. Infact, Sheik -probarly the best character from Melee and I don't give a **** what the Tier List says about this one- is one of the most likely characters to get removed.

G&W should return, but somehow I doubt that too... Maybe he'll come back as an Assisst Throphy, but I'll be seriously disapointed if Mewtwo isn't in Brawl...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
I'm actually not too bad with Mr G&W. A lot of my friends are surprised that I can keep up with them as their best and I'm MrG&W. The same kinda goes for my Bowser too. It doesn't matter how bad a character is said to be, it's what you do with them that makes them good.

Just look at what Taj can do with Mewtwo.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Mewtwo, Bowser and Kirby all suck even more according to the Tier List, but that doesn't make them less awesome to play as. Infact, Sheik -probarly the best character from Melee and I don't give a **** what the Tier List says about this one- is one of the most likely characters to get removed.

G&W should return, but somehow I doubt that too... Maybe he'll come back as an Assisst Throphy, but I'll be seriously disapointed if Mewtwo isn't in Brawl...
Sheik isn't quite "the best". Mewtwo's in don't woory and Kirby is highly underrated. Bowser too...the "tier list" is made by few people...people who main the "top tiered chars" lol

He sucks.

He sucks hard.
I didn';t like him as a char either but he still kick *** in battle and he should stay but he'll probably get the boot (bacon)

^^^^
I'm actually not too bad with Mr G&W. A lot of my friends are surprised that I can keep up with them as their best and I'm MrG&W. The same kinda goes for my Bowser too. It doesn't matter how bad a character is said to be, it's what you do with them that makes them good.

Just look at what Taj can do with Mewtwo.
Yeah, most people just don't try most of the characters...well they do, but they stick with the chars everyone likes, (Fox, blah blah..) cause they're the easiest to master!

G&W can totally pwn the "top tier" chars played by the "top tier" players if he's in the right hands

OmegaXXII

He sucks.

He sucks hard.
No he doesn't you n00b, one reason is aside of having an original moveset, i believe he was a well balanced character and maybe if you spent a bit more time with him you would know

as for Mewtwo, Bowser,& Kirby they definetly don't suck imo, in fact they are the most frequent characters I use so I would'nt be dissapointed if they weren't as good as I thought

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
No he doesn't you n00b, one reason is aside of having an original moveset, i believe he was a well balanced character and maybe if you spent a bit more time with him you would know

as for Mewtwo, Bowser,& Kirby they definetly don't suck imo, in fact they are the most frequent characters I use so I would'nt be dissapointed if they weren't as good as I thought

I agree. Very original move set. still he is visually...boring. but playability is fair. but his games were unpopular were they not?

that is why I don't think he will return.

and i completly agree that Kirby Mewtwo and Bowser dont suck. Just because some complaining person isnt good with them, doesnt mean they suck.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
the problem with game and watch for me is that i am colorblind so he just blends in the background easily for me, but any other character, since they are made up of more than one color, are way better for me.

but he is good, really really good actually, up b ff is quite devastating, and the bair turtle can combo into itself, just silly!

but low tier characters are way better, and yes, roy needs to stay over marth i think, but marth will make the cut if for nothing else than brawl might not have two swordsman that wield flames... but the title of the games are Fire Emblem?!??

^the game and watch games were not unpopular at all, in america they were, but the game and watch systems w/ one game on it were huge in japan, and when they came out on GBA or GB and ppl started having high scores for them it got insane, but here not so much. but i don't think he will return either way, as a cameo probably, an AT would be better though!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Wario has already taken his spot as the off-beat teleporting un-predictable fighter. It'd be cool if he did return because he is wacky and VERY underestimated. I think if they gave him more "appeal" in the way he looks (somehow) and gave him a decent stage, than he might get more respect and he will have to be dramatically altered if he were to return in Brawl...

His UpB is sweet and his bacon is hilariously good and his parachute is awesome...
The best though...is Dair!!!! THE KEY TO VICTORY!!!
I yell that everytime I use it lol
jk
Seriously though, I do...

It almost looks like Link's Dair took his key's ability though...chances of return are slim

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Why would they cut G&W? He is probably simplest character to add. He doesn't need any graphic updates, and he already has a moveset, all they have to do is simply transfer his data from melee and maybe make a few tweaks. Seriously he would be easier to add then a clone character at this point.

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
Why would they cut G&W? He is probably simplest character to add. He doesn't need any graphic updates, and he already has a moveset, all they have to do is simply transfer his data from melee and maybe make a few tweaks. Seriously he would be easier to add then a clone character at this point.
Good point.

As for mewtwo, I wouldn't care if he was replaced, but if he does, I want him to be replaced by mew. Mew was the first pokemon origonally thought up, which is why he/she is so elusive. And It'd be pretty amusing to see Mario get smacked in the face by a pink bubble.

Top Bottom