• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Tony_

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it, Some Zelda characters won't be returning (at least in their old Melee fashions), namley Young Link and Shiek. Think about it, both were OOT characters. The newer models reflect the Twilight Princess look, so we maybe getting more Zelda TP villains. =]

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Yeah, that's been covered.

It's pretty consensual that Y. Link won't be returning, at least not as the Y. Link from Ocarina/Majora.

Sheik, on the other hand, has a moderately good chance of coming back, since Zelda looks like she hasn't changed her moveset, of which Sheik was a part of.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Or. Or, Marth won't come back, and you'll use Ike to unlock the other FE character(s), which aren't Marth and/or Roy.

historyisold

Smash Rookie
^^^
Sheik, on the other hand, has a moderately good chance of coming back, since Zelda looks like she hasn't changed her moveset, of which Sheik was a part of.
Sorry, bud. Doesn't work that way.
Movesets can be changed/modified in the transition between games.
Sure, there's a possibilty of Sheik coming back.
However, it's not definite.

Besides, take a look at Zero-suit Samus one of the videos. She moves just like Shiek.
There's only room for so many gun-tottin' ninjas in this game, pardner.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Did I say it was a sure bet?

What I'm pointing out is that before we saw how Zelda looks and moves in Brawl, Sheik seemed like a likely dropout, but now...

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I can't believe aren't talking about Ike! (I know this a "Who's gonna return" thread but still)
For me it adds another mark to Roy grave

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
roy owns...

i wanna say i'm kinda glad to see ike, cause its a new character, actually the first in a very long time, but roy is almost certifiably gone now, which sucks.

but ike is gonna be cool i'll play him, anyone but marth, marth is a little to homo for my tastes, god please don't burn me for saying that

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Sorry, bud. Doesn't work that way.
Movesets can be changed/modified in the transition between games.
Sure, there's a possibilty of Sheik coming back.
However, it's not definite.

Besides, take a look at Zero-suit Samus one of the videos. She moves just like Shiek.
There's only room for so many gun-tottin' ninjas in this game, pardner.
You're right, it isn't definite that Sheik will return just because we've seen Zelda's fB still intact along with most of her A attacks. And movesets can be changed/modified. Luigi anyone?

BUT, I will not sit here and listen to another person talk about Zamus and say she plays just like Sheik. Zamus attacks nothing like Sheik. I dare challenge you to find ONE move from Zamus, whether it be from a trailer or from a picture, that attacks the same as Sheik.

I can't believe aren't talking about Ike! (I know this a "Who's gonna return" thread but still)
For me it adds another mark to Roy grave
Yea, Ike's going to be the powerhouse this time around. No more Roy, I'm sorry roy_owns.
(not really)
I wonder what moves Ike will have that will disctance himself from the other FE characters... Aether first off yes... but what else?

historyisold

Smash Rookie
Whoa there. I simply said that Zamus moves like Shiek.
I'm not comparing actual attacks.
I merely noted that they move in a similar fluid manner.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Whoa there. I simply said that Zamus moves like Shiek.
I'm not comparing actual attacks.
I merely noted that they move in a similar fluid manner.
Like how? I have yet to see any of their moves correspond to one another. An example if you will?

(This is me venting anger towards n00bs who think that either Zamus or Snake will be replacing Sheik)
((Not to say you're a n00b, but I like to end false speculation as soon as possible for future reference))

historyisold

Smash Rookie
Like how? I have yet to see any of their moves correspond to one another. An example if you will?
"They move" were my words. Move, as in, the verb, and not the noun.
Sheik moves quickly, so would Zamus who lost all of her heavy space armor.

The ninja character was a huge hit.
They could just be adding more, not replacing.
But there is still a chance Sheik won't return.
Just a chance.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
So to that logic, Fox and Captain Falcon are similar because they move quickly?
And Bowser and Ganondorf are similar because they move slowly?

There's more to a character than how they move. And Sheik and Zamus move totally different. Sheik gallops and runs almost horizontally to the ground. Zamus kind of jogs. Maybe it's just me... but I really don't see where you're going with this.

keybladers

Smash Rookie
i like roy but im starting to think he should go, G&W should go. and I want all of the starter characters from SSBM should make a comeback.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Well, oddly enough, all the default characters from the N64 are confirmed and none of the secrets are...

I was just look through the character files and I noticed that we don't have Mario and Link's special moves! I dunno, just found that a little odd.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I think C Falcon and Ness will be Brawl starters, I wouldn't mind if IC's, Peach and Marth ect were unlockables. 12 vets to start and 12 new comers. I'd like that.
Falcon and Ness will be starters. They were starters in Melee, along with ICs and Peach. Falcon and Peach are a shoe-in, but Ness could be replaced by Lucas like Sakurai wanted to do in Melee, and I feel the ICs were too much work and too glitchy to be kept in. Marth is the only one eligable out of your 5 to be even considered a potential unlockable. Why would he start with ICs and Peach in Melee, and then make you work for them in Brawl? Doesn't make sense.

Spellruler

Smash Rookie
You know, now that ike is confirmed, I'm starting to worry more and more that Marth will dissapear, or get replaced by another Fire Emblem character. I don't know much about FE, but when I'm looking at ike, I see that he is a replacement for Roy. Because of that, my fears are that Marth will be replaced by another character who ''plays'' the same.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
No, if anything Marth will be in it over Roy. No Fire Emblem character has ever, or will ever replace another. Marth was the main character in both FE1 and FE3. Roy was the main character in FE7, but only had a bit part, where he basically just made a cameo appearance, in FE6 as a little kid. Marth has a great chance to return since he's a fan favorite. And since this FE stage is only a "generic" stage, with no specific game theme, anyone has a chance to make the cut. This gives Marth a PHENOMINAL chance to return.

I wouldn't worry about it Spellruler. We'll get our Marth back.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
No, if anything Marth will be in it over Roy. No Fire Emblem character has ever, or will ever replace another. Marth was the main character in both FE1 and FE3. Roy was the main character in FE7, but only had a bit part, where he basically just made a cameo appearance, in FE6 as a little kid. Marth has a great chance to return since he's a fan favorite. And since this FE stage is only a "generic" stage, with no specific game theme, anyone has a chance to make the cut. This gives Marth a PHENOMINAL chance to return.

I wouldn't worry about it Spellruler. We'll get our Marth back.
Roy was the main character of FE6...

I would doubt Roy's return personally since he merely appeared in SSBM as an advertisement for FE6.

45jordan78

Smash Rookie
I think all of the original characters should come back with the exception of G&W. Then again that's just me.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I think all of the original characters should come back with the exception of G&W. Then again that's just me.
Well, as much as everyone agrees with you, Game and Watch was not a original character. Maybe you should get some more history on smash. We all want the original 12 to return(please tell me it is not 14)and what is wrong with Game and Watch?

blinkd

Smash Cadet
I really don't mind clones, i just hate falco , but its not because he is a clone

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Sheik and Ganondorf basically confirmed!

NEWS!!! - Sheik and Ganondorf pretty much confirmed for Brawl, as stated by Eiji Aonuma!

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm

GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakura working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.

Awesome news.

helterskelter

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this has been said yet but Gannondorf has been confirmed at IMDB. Or atleast his voice actor has...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928380/fullcredits#cast

Cast (in alphabetical order)
David Hayter ... Solid Snake (voice: English version)
Jennifer Hale ... Samus Aran/Zero Suit Samus (voice)
Ikue Ootani ... Pikachu (voice)
Charles Martinet ... Mario
Akio Ôtsuka ... Solid Snake (voice)
Minami Takayama ... Pit (voice)
Nobuyuki Hiyama ... Link
Takashi Nagasako ... Ganondorf (voice)
Akira Sasanuma ... Link (voice)
Jim Walker ... Fox McCloud (voice: English version)
Makiko Ômoto ... Kirby
Atsushi Kisaichi ... Meta Knight (voice)

Corax

Smash Cadet
D00d3, I wanted to strangle my little brother out of joy the moment I saw how bad ***** Peach looks in Brawl. Kek, can't wait to try float cancelling in brawl XD

Wrath`

Smash Master
You realize you have little to no proof to back that up right?
you relize that if you go back 100 pages or so,you will find that website and the fact a lot of peeps debunked it.:p

awsome update. one player mode looks to be fun, but i still wonder if we will get character specific bosses. + are thoes little dude thing going to be playible? i'll main them if they are

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
NEWS!!! - Sheik and Ganondorf pretty much confirmed for Brawl, as stated by Eiji Aonuma!
THAT'S AWESOME! TWO OF MY MAINS RETURNING!

Takashi Nagasako ... Ganondorf (voice)
This has been debunked, but now thanks to the prior statement by GI and brought to us by Super Shadic... I BELIEVE IT!

you relize that if you go back 100 pages or so,you will find that website and the fact a lot of peeps debunked it.:p

GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakura working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.

Debunk THAT.

EDIT:
Hey guys, today is Sakurai's birthday. I started a thread as a birthday card to him. Just drop in and write something will ya? It might get us on his good graces if he sees it!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2679706#post2679706

historyisold

Smash Rookie
D00d3, I wanted to strangle my little brother out of joy the moment I saw how bad ***** Peach looks in Brawl. Kek, can't wait to try float cancelling in brawl XD
I've been trying to figure out for a good ten minutes what your censored expletive of choice is.
Give me a hint or something. :p

Top Bottom