• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
No I just meant, did it take a long time, wasnt that hard, relatively quickly, it was easy same day I tried etc. or something you had to practice.

I guess more so how hard was it if you can remember.

none of those would be very specific so i didn't find a point in saying something like that lol. Wasn't that hard I guess. Evidence being me being able to do them way back when I was a technical larva.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Is anyone planning to go to this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260625 ?

Also, Kline, I dunno if you saw, but yesterday at Pound Taj was on the livestream rocking people in friendlies for quite a while.
Someone go with HIM! Washington really needs to work on their attendance record for coming to BC tournaments :p

Especially with the huge MAY tourney coming up! YOU BETTER NOT HAVE FORGOTTEN WASHINGTON!!! BC VS WA AND BRING YOUR BEST YOU"LL STILL LOSE! HYPE!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Is anyone planning to go to this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260625 ?

Also, Kline, I dunno if you saw, but yesterday at Pound Taj was on the livestream rocking people in friendlies for quite a while.
I wont be at that tourney. Possibly the may one but that all depends on me getting a passport in time. Or that drive access pass ****.

And yea, I saw taj on the livestream. 4stocked The Irish Mafia lol.

Nice job SW and KA.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
If I end up going, which I'll need a few days to figure out for sure, I could give lifts to people.

Also, I'm a n00b at travelling this sort of distance for tourneys - do people tend to go up the day before and stay overnight, or do they just get up early and go the same day?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
If I end up going, which I'll need a few days to figure out for sure, I could give lifts to people.

Also, I'm a n00b at travelling this sort of distance for tourneys - do people tend to go up the day before and stay overnight, or do they just get up early and go the same day?
If you and your friends want to come the night before, I'm sure someone would be able to house you.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master

Omg we should totally go. Take mememe especially if Vish can't or doesn't drive.

We should also go the night before so we get a good rest before the tourney. And more fun with the Brown family!

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Wait Eggz why you heading to the Ec?

Yep so far from pound we left and went to PA and now our first real day driven we have stopped in STaunton at some of my family to prepare a little bit more for this adventure before we leave the ec

Paff

Smash Journeyman
@Toph: That'd be great. I still need to make sure I can go (work and car maintenance issues), but I'll keep you updated.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll be taking my car in to get worked on on Monday, and if it's ready in time (which it probably will), I'll be going to the tourney on the 30th.

As a side note, shouldn't there be a train line or something between Seattle and Vancouver that would be affordable to use for this sort of thing? Or do they not like trains crossing the border or something?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Alright, I'll be taking my car in to get worked on on Monday, and if it's ready in time (which it probably will), I'll be going to the tourney on the 30th.

As a side note, shouldn't there be a train line or something between Seattle and Vancouver that would be affordable to use for this sort of thing? Or do they not like trains crossing the border or something?
IDK about a train but the greyhound is affordable I think.

around 60 dollars
Noobking correct me

unityole

Smash Lord
Hey WA players, just another reminder to you guys, those who are interested for Saturday January 30th tournament, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260625 (Paff, Toph etc) there will be a smasfest on Friday night prior to the Saturday's tournament. Meta has agreed to house players from out of province/ out of states, also there will be a room full of sofas and couches for people to rest for the night, all on university grounds.

we will have 9 TVs, thus 7-8 stations go toward tournament events and few for friendlies and This is a MELEE only tournament (no brawl, no smash 64).

events included are Singles (Bo5), Doubles (Bo3), Falcon only, Low Tiers and Crews. tournament roughly starts at 11:00 am with falcon only, doubles, singles, lowtiers then crews etc.. New Directions and Maps are posted. I hope to see some of you guys there, ie Shane, Kaostar, Otto and many others.

there will also be stats, assuming the WA comes to this.
www.sfu.ca/~yjt/smash/short.htm

and also, I will be going to TP 4 to play smash 64 with Superboom, Isai and many others.

Top Bottom