• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
i dont see why youre so concerned about the size since youre not even making money lol
its gonna be like 10-15 people tops, and even then sitting around at one of our own houses this weekend instead of travelling doesnt sound as fun.
then ur stupid. I guess having more ppl to play isnt a bonus in any way. What was I thinking. Were prob better of just goin to smash wit juce.

and if you were asking why im concerned about the size of the group we are going in. Its probably because there have to be enough other ppl to counteract your *****assness

what time are you leaving 2morrow?

vista just beat me in two ($5) mm matches. GGs vista. Ill def take you seriously from now on.

Toph, there was only 1 GC where I didnt enter but went. I cant remember why, but I dont go unless I enter. I dont usually enter teams, but I dont go just to play friendlys.

Eggz

Smash Hero
everyone needs to stop smashing with people who dont go to tourneys
its counter productive
you just get worse
if youre going to invest time in smash, dont half *** it

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
If you're playing a bunch of people with the wrong mindset, you're likely to also play with the wrong mindset.

"For once," Kline? Name an instance where I've been wrong. I DARE YOU.
give a ***** a little credit and this ***** tried to run a marathon.

Jem.

Smash Master
I will be at tourneyplay 4 sunday as well! I don't think ill be entering melee singles though. I kind of suck at melee singles and keep barely losing to DSF which is lameee. I might enter doubles though if a good partner wants to team with me, but im definently not worth the investment there haha. jamie will be playing in melee though ill be bringing my video recorder/digital camera to the tournament :)

Vista

Smash Journeyman
Is Melee on Sunday or something? I can't enter then haha but I'll be there on Sat

Paff

Smash Journeyman
So, Toph's sick and not up for going to the Vancouver tourney tomorrow, and everyone else apparently doesn't have passports, so I'll probably not go as well. This means:
1. Someone should host something here. Especially since that Oregon trip is apparently not happening.
2. Everyone who doesn't have a passport should probably start getting passports now ( http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html ). Apparently the BC people have tournies every month or so, and it's probably possible to get a passport in time for the next one.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
thanks for the update paff.

LEts try to get some **** together for 2morrow then. Ill prob be up in the u distric tonight chillin wit masta c and stefan

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, please let me know about anything for tomorrow for sure. My phone is 503-333-0689, AIM is paff0A. Ganon Guy is interested also.

unityole

Smash Lord
hey Washington, BC need your help!

BC is planning to host smashfests bi-weekly and also monthly tournament. heres what we've got in mind. our PR update is irregular cause we are lazy as well as lack of # of tournies. generally we lack TVs and people prefer smashfests where they dont have to pay, so they dont like tournies as much except for those who truly loves smash. BC is also in a difficult position cause not many of us own a car, I think Eric (Blunted_Object10) is the only one whos doing most of the work.

you can help us by start coming to our monthly (or every month and half) tournaments (similar to gamescluck, of course different dates). I will offer those who is willing to drive up to Vancouver for tournaments 20 dollars for gas money as well as food and drinks when you're here.

I was really disapointed when Toph and Paff said they couldnt make it last Saturday due to sickness, but just by showing up would bring many more people from all over the province (ie Victoria island + Okanagon) we had about 40 meleers showed up last Saturday and 25 of them entered melee singles, and 12 teams. it was one of the bigger ones cause WA said they would come to it.

get back to us on this topic and we can talk more about tournament dates not conflicting each other and stuff like that.

sounds like our situation lol.

im getting my passport soon which will motivate eggz to get his as well. when we do well try to get zeru or vish or paff to drive us up there for each monthly. having one tourney a month sucks and i hate that we dont get to see you guys as much as we used to and wish to.

unityole

Smash Lord
sounds like our situation lol.

im getting my passport soon which will motivate eggz to get his as well. when we do well try to get zeru or vish or paff to drive us up there for each monthly. having one tourney a month sucks and i hate that we dont get to see you guys as much as we used to and wish to.
we could start this by having us traveling more often. for us no car and doing it through bus/train cost so much more, 80 to 100 per person instead of 25 per person. i think for TP4, me noobking and meta are heading down there for smash, i am actually still unsure yet but i will do mybest to get there.

if u guys can come say once a month or once every 2 months would help a lot. like i previously posted i can offer u guys free food and drinks when u guys r here, and some cash for the gas too. i am planning another tourney (melee + brawl) sometime near mid or end of march, start he passport thing? xD

unityole: yeah that was my bad being a weakling and getting sick... but we're gonna try to start coming up so don't worry. I already started hassling shane/otto/ammon to get their passports asap >.> and I'll try to bring up some UW too.

-Toph on otto's account

posting from otto's account is the best!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea, im looking to get my passport within a couple of weeks. Applying anyway.

I dont wanna miss the may tourney.

If we come up, you guys gotta try and come down more often as well.

unityole

Smash Lord
yea, im looking to get my passport within a couple of weeks. Applying anyway.

I dont wanna miss the may tourney.

If we come up, you guys gotta try and come down more often as well.
that would definitly work, i will for sure travel to WA if i can carpool with eric, if he doesnt drive i will still try to go but much unlikely to happen.

Eggz

Smash Hero
HyugaRicdeau wrote at 10:43 PM on Feb 02, 2010:
Hey, our (my and Replicate's) flight gets into Seattle at 11:57AM Saturday, and we leave at 9:50 Monday. Let me know what's up with rides/housing when you get the chance. Thanks a lot for organizing that for us. I'll send you a text so you have my number soon.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
he doesnt actually want to mm, he just wants to post something
Word bro-dad.

HyugaRicdeau wrote at 10:43 PM on Feb 02, 2010:
Hey, our (my and Replicate's) flight gets into Seattle at 11:57AM Saturday, and we leave at 9:50 Monday. Let me know what's up with rides/housing when you get the chance. Thanks a lot for organizing that for us. I'll send you a text so you have my number soon.
raaaaaape.

Top Bottom