• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
i ain't going, i'm to far downsouth again in Olympia, and as far as syler / ppa0 / ZULU / the south goes, i'm pretty sure none of us is going, oreo an b-melo might go but i'm sure they broke and would only go if someone payed for gas / there entry fee, pretty much payed for it all, i'm not spending money i don't need to spend no more

everybody good luck at GC

MasterC

Smash Ace
@Kline - I feel like your mom is big part of your smash career. I think she deserves a shoutout for somehow being formulated in to your john for not showing up to some event. JUST SAYIN <3
for real kline, no more mom johns son!!

Come on now, you know C ain't guaranteed to be anywhere. Except the blunt circle =D.
so tru lol but jess aka banana will be here i believe and one of my roommates who is epicly less good than me, either way ppl are welcome (to play and/or stay the night) and i MIGHT have some seats available but i know for sure there are already 2 ppl riding with me on Saturday

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
**** son im in friday night if I can get a ride to gc. otherwise im staying home and rolling with teddy (unless he wants to knab me in the U district which is technically on the way.)

me saying I can't get the car wasn't me saying I can't go. ill be there, I ain't been practicing for nothing.

somebody is getting ****ed up.

Vista

Smash Journeyman
I'll be up there on sat with some Federal Way folks :)

WASHINGTON, ASSEMBLEEEEEEEEEE

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
any of u northern **** doing anything between like 12 and 5. I might wanna smash b4 I pick my mom up from work bewtween 530 and 6.

northern=north of federal way

MasterC

Smash Ace
any of u northern **** doing anything between like 12 and 5. I might wanna smash b4 I pick my mom up from work bewtween 530 and 6.

you talkin today my dude? or....?

if so, get at me man i'm done at 2:30 or so and banana's gonna be around

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I can dig it masta C. Well that only leaves a couple hours but Ill spend em with you and banana if ur tryna play for sure and not disappear somewhere when I get there or not be ready until 4 or something lol

but happy birthday my dude lol.

Edit: Imma be sleep like now cuz I been up all night but TEXT me about 2 pm. The closer to 2pm the better cuz then ill start getting ready to head down there so we can maximize the time

MasterC

Smash Ace
I can dig it masta C. Well that only leaves a couple hours but Ill spend em with you and banana if ur tryna play for sure and not disappear somewhere when I get there or not be ready until 4 or something lol

but happy birthday my dude lol.

Edit: Imma be sleep like now cuz I been up all night but TEXT me about 2 pm. The closer to 2pm the better cuz then ill start getting ready to head down there so we can maximize the time
chup, goodlookin yo ima be done in n hour and a half so i'll shoot you a text around 2 and you can head up... mayb grab me from campus on your way...? :D

Eggz

Smash Hero
sorry i couldnt get you any numbers while you were in CA, C

no one was responding to my **** =/

LOL I just kinda like pictured Kline in a suit showing his mom a powerpoint presentation and explaining a tournament's basic details in length with picture diagrams and ****

then shes like

"KLINE YOU KNOW THIS GURL GOTTA BE AT CHURCH PRAISIN JESUS"

and youre just like

:o..."yeah aight i can feel it i can feel it."

and before anyone calls me out on it; at first i only pictured the powerpoint presentation, the rest kind of just came to mind while i typed it out.
overall quite an enjoyable scenario!

Eggz

Smash Hero
Cameron 'Cyrain' Smucker
So today I found a threatening message to me from Neighborhood P. A quick quote from it... "that doesnt mean i can't follow you around and taunt you and become such a thorn in your side that i force you to physically confront me after which case i beat the **** out of you with a smile on my face" in reference to *Pound* 5.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
you talkin today my dude? or....?

if so, get at me man i'm done at 2:30 or so and banana's gonna be around
Cameron 'Cyrain' Smucker
So today I found a threatening message to me from Neighborhood P. A quick quote from it... "that doesnt mean i can't follow you around and taunt you and become such a thorn in your side that i force you to physically confront me after which case i beat the **** out of you with a smile on my face" in reference to *Pound* 5.
If P even tries to start **** with anyone I'll knee him IRL. Then I will humiliate him further by beating him in several money matches.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LOL I met a dude in hawaii who used to be good friends with P. He gave me the same analysis that everyone else in the world has given me: "yeah that dude is a ******* online but pretty tight irl."

I kinda wish I smoked out with him at Pat's House. He offered me. :x

LMAO at your last post shane

youre funny as **** ^__^

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
p housed me when i went to west coast and we've been good friends since LOL

u guys crazyyyy

toph, u need to get better vs noobs. when i say noobs i mean people around klines level. you just gotta try and remember to never try and get hit when playing with anyone. if you dont always keep that in mind and always practice it, youll forget and pick up old habits of rushing in and attacking whenever possible. keep this in mind and you wont have off days or w/e like when you played racer dude. i still dont even do it lol. its hard to get used to, especially since at first you may not be as good at it so its less appealing.

also get used to playing out of your dash dance, and master loose dash dancing (where you flick the stick and let go rather than keep your thumb on and go back on forth) its especially effective with sheik cuz it turns her ****ty dd into marths but it also helps with fox and falco. i wouldnt reccomend doing so many sh nairs assuming they are going to jump (doing them early). not worth it. dont do an full jump nairs unless your landing on a platform or your jumping at them and theyre by the ledge. do downward ftilt after bthrow near the ledge.

you have the right idea on shield pressure. something like a latish nair, shine dair or somthing else leading into dair ***** if youre behind them. a lot of the time theyll try to shine out of shield and get caught in it and you can react to it from there

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
hah that first part SW said about not getting hit is something i need to work on, i get hit by to much crap, and run into a lot of recovery attacks / but usually once i keep that SELF AWARENESS thing in mind about being conscious of wtf's going, its easy pickins from there, i usually just try to force tech skill or run in thinking my shine nairs are gonna kick ***, then i get grabbed or gimped or i get combo'd the same 4 times and end up losing a match i should've won

good advice i must say

like with my fox especially against sheik * also gonna throw my falcon in there * , it seems impossible to stay up in her grill for more than a second, or even approach her, because of that forward tilt / jab / grab / downthrow / jab reset / gay / yea u get the point, space yo shi7

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
maaan yeah >_> i definitely have the most trouble with "noob" (by that definition) falcos for some reason. moreso than any other character. i really hate fighting falco haha, unless i'm like 100% in the zone

the pressure of the moneymatch also really got to me cuz I didn't really mentally prepare myself at all. i think i got better matches recorded at the tournament

good **** @ playing not to get hit even against noobs though. i don't think i do that nearly well enough

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
unless you meant, "ah good **** at advice giving otto"
ah yeah that's what I meant LOL

I should've just said "good advice otto" i guess >.>

edit: lol, reading Connor's fb status about losing weight and seeing mango say "lets go to subway" made me suddenly deeply miss our Subway runs LMAO

edit: also, apparently they got melee running online with like, very close to 0 lag. o_O anyone wanna try that **** out with me sometime???

MasterC

Smash Ace
^fuuuuuuuuuuuk yea i'll try that sh*t out with you!!

and i HELLA lol'd at shane's vision of kline giving powerpoints xD

if ppl wanna come by tomorrow afternoon/evening get at me via text/call 253 359 6653 or banana might be there and you can text/call him too 425 931 5641

EDIT: by "tomorrow" i mean today cuz it's 3:30am lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
haha aight master c, i'll try to get around to trying it out next week and i'll let you know how to set it up. :D

so i'm thinking of using falco as a counter vs. falcon

fox falcon is like, too hard >_> and i always feel mad comfortable fighting any falcon with falco

THOUGHTS, WASHINGTON?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Go fox *****. dont be a *****. Real talk, you got this. Fox is capable of handling falcon, and ur capable of playing fox.

You dont want to be caught in a position where u are doubting your fox because u want to play falco in the MU. Its almost like throwing the first game away.

If you wanna be comfortable with both then go ahead and if fox doesnt work out then try falco game 2....but ur a contender my ***** and u gotta act like one.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Both spacies have their perks against Falcon. Just go with who you're best with. A good Falco can be mad annoying in that MU though. If you don't like it with Fox, your DI is probably bad haha.

haha aight master c, i'll try to get around to trying it out next week and i'll let you know how to set it up. :D

so i'm thinking of using falco as a counter vs. falcon

fox falcon is like, too hard >_> and i always feel mad comfortable fighting any falcon with falco

THOUGHTS, WASHINGTON?
**** falcon, i feel the same way. you get kneed in the air past 70 and youre dead no matter what.

im down to play online. wheres the thread or w/e on how to set it up?

concerning gameclucks V

everyone bring cubes + melee as well as an extra $5 for teams. we should have enough people to bring teams back by now

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
lol tight. uhhh, yeah, i thought i had the thread for it but it was just a thread showing a video of gameplay with the emulator. i'll post a link on here like sometime next week

Ciz don't get me wrong, i really wanna figure out how to fight falcon better with fox; I'm just gonna use falco in tournament for that MU for the time being.

but I really don't think DI is the reason lol. it's not getting combo'd through the air that is ****** me, nor is it getting out of techchase situations (or else using falco wouldn't do anything in particular); it's just with falco i can just put positional pressure on falcon (lasers, bairs and ****), play keepaway all day, hit solid combos and win games. with fox it seems like i have to play perfect, time my way through falcon's nair perfectly, techchase correctly all the time, etc. etc. and if you don't kill falcon at a low percent, he always survives to like 150%.

idk

oh yeah, everyone bring cubes to gameclucks

i was gonna say something about this but forgot. any of you northern whats? northern ****? ***s? northern ****?

just realized it would sensor what i said LOL is it n!gs?
well now i know its not n!gs lol. did you just type in the asterisks and not a bad word?
ngrs

toph, do you know anything about the characters "rubber banding" still when playing online? i remember people tried playing online a few years ago and the characters would sometimes move back and forth from the top to the bottom of the screen really fast.

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
ya toph i hear ya with falco being able to control the match with his laser + bairs when your fighting falcon, and i hate it when spacies nair threw me, L cancel then back air me when i'm just jumping outta shield and tryin to down air that mofo, falcons fun to play, but spacies, when they play that hit n run game, freakin annoying

MasterC

Smash Ace
i agree with everything kline said in that post directed towards you toph (too lazy to quote it but you know the one)

your fox is mad good yo and i've seen you do SOME ****! no joke, keep at it and you'll be messin wit the best falcons AS FOX (which is your ultimate goal right?)

idk if you feel that that matchup is better as falco, MESS WITH IT
THAT SAID, otto/shane would prob stay fox and i know lucky/jman wouldn't falter

BUT, that said yo, i kinda wanna feel you on switchin between fox/falco LOL just cuz they're the best chars in the game (seriously, they are) and they're definitely the most fun to play xD

EVERYONE, bring cubes and don't pu$$y out of GC tomorrow!! if you need a place to stay/practice tonight or a ride tomorrow hit me up 253 359 6653

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
just realized too, i couldn't come to this anyways, i got an 8 hour Alcohol drug an information school tomorrow

an also @ toph - u throw out so many dang up tilts after nair or jab / turnaround up tilt, that shi7 would annoy me lol

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
Ya I feel like if your maining fox/falco/sheik/marth/puff/falcon at a high level you should almost never rotate. I.E. Learn the mu so your main becomes better. I'm bringing a cube to gc, see you guys there.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
toph, do you know anything about the characters "rubber banding" still when playing online? i remember people tried playing online a few years ago and the characters would sometimes move back and forth from the top to the bottom of the screen really fast.
hmm, I didn't hear anything about that so I assume the problem is fixed...? plus I didn't see any of it in the videos that people uploaded of them playing on it. it looked pretty smooth

Top Bottom