• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Official Titans of Smash (ToS) Crew Thread** We Never Died

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
until i get around to updating the front page, here were the results

mexi
triad
wind
aztec
gotm
wing
chibo
poncho
kyuu

gotm and aztec were tied for 5th, but aztec beat gotm in their set
chibo and wing tied for 6th, but wing won their set
poncho and kyuu tied for 7th, but poncho won their set

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
O_O Triad joined you guys O_O.

Cool stuff ;).

I hope to see you guys at Cot2 and of course you guys have to friendly me if you dont wanna mm me for like 1 dollar :)

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
you shakugans smash fest was great. and you guys should play rajin hes a good ganon player we can maybe let in the crew. plus he lives close to me and drives so he should be able to make events

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
until i get around to updating the front page, here were the results

mexi
triad
wind
aztec
gotm
wing
chibo
poncho
kyuu

gotm and aztec were tied for 5th, but aztec beat gotm in their set
chibo and wing tied for 6th, but wing won their set
poncho and kyuu tied for 7th, but poncho won their set

thats one hell of a ranking there shakugan is happy that everyone had fun. next time me n tensai will be there to spice things up

Shakugan,maybe im a lion

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
Letter To The Crew

Triad in the crew, O_O WHAT!!!!! That’s sick

I went to Chu’s this weekend it was a lot of fun, I met and played some of the best Smashers on the planet it was so much fun just chilling there and getting *****, hopefully I got better with the experience.

On a different note, I love you guys when the whole crew is together it’s a lot of fun. However when I came into this crew I was so happy because I thought it would give me a shot to play others in the crew, get tips learn new techniques play each other and overall get better. But to me that hasn’t been the case, I’ve hardly played anybody in the crew in a very long time, other then a couple of times I haven’t really learned anything. This among a few other things has made me feel that I need to bow out of the crew. Honestly I can’t see my lost as significant to you with an addition like Triad.

Once again you guys are great, I consider all you guys as my friends and I hope we can keep it that way. You guy have made me determined to get better at the game, for the time we have left and to jump on Brawl right away so I can kick some ***.

Your all great people keep smashing brothers, you all know my number and SN anybody can holla at me anytime they want, hopefully I’ll see you guys at the tournament and I pray they’ll be no hard feelings.

Yayo

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
Triad in the crew, O_O WHAT!!!!! That’s sick

I went to Chu’s this weekend it was a lot of fun, I met and played some of the best Smashers on the planet it was so much fun just chilling there and getting *****, hopefully I got better with the experience.

On a different note, I love you guys when the whole crew is together it’s a lot of fun. However when I came into this crew I was so happy because I thought it would give me a shot to play others in the crew, get tips learn new techniques play each other and overall get better. But to me that hasn’t been the case, I’ve hardly played anybody in the crew in a very long time, other then a couple of times I haven’t really learned anything. This among a few other things has made me feel that I need to bow out of the crew. Honestly I can’t see my lost as significant to you with an addition like Triad.

Once again you guys are great, I consider all you guys as my friends and I hope we can keep it that way. You guy have made me determined to get better at the game, for the time we have left and to jump on Brawl right away so I can kick some ***.

Your all great people keep smashing brothers, you all know my number and SN anybody can holla at me anytime they want, hopefully I’ll see you guys at the tournament and I pray they’ll be no hard feelings.

Yayo
**** it yayo i will miss you being in the crew. now besides my close friends gotm stands alone as my fav in the crew. yayo we will play at the tourni.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
true that, i wanna start working on getting everyone in the crew better. especially now that we have some better players at the top that should help lower players. we need to all get together for a smashfest and focus more on practice such as emblem lords TSA training sessions. also, triad lives like in the exact middle of all of us, so it will be easy to meet up at his place. its 45 min by train from philly, 45 min by train from AC, and less than a half hour by car from vineland.

but why leave yayo? i understand some things have been tough with the crew since its inception, but we definitely see you as a big loss. crews arent all just about skill, its also about the team of friends who have the common interest of melee to represent what their about. you feel that your loss wont be as big since we got triad, but that is not the case at all. every member is just important as the others. you say theres other reasons, and i wish i knew them, but i cant make ur decision, however i hope you reconsider.

GOTM

Smash Champion
yayo ur the man, haha.

your cool as hell this aint a loss cuz i'll see u at the g-room every day anyway, haha

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
you know what yayo makes some good points. so many people care about their rank its stupid. certain people make too big of a deal on whos better then who and its not helping anyone. it doesnt matter whos better then who nor should it even be talked about if were all just trying to get better. not once have i seen people sit down talk about strats/match ups/ or help someone else. its usualy people talking about the top 5 or the rankings in general. it's ashame the only people whos helped me in smash arnt even in our crew>_>. such as m2k,scar, even some from emblem lord. also it would be cool to see who works best in teams i personaly think gotm+ tensai would be an amazing team. i love this crew. especialy gotm and mexi (no homo). because gotm is ****in awesome and mexi is a cool falcon player

GOTM

Smash Champion
Alright guys, somethings gotta change. I feel like things have gotten weird and kind of ****ed up, so imma make a big post. If you TL;DR this, I might rip your balls off, and by might, I mean I will, and then eat them will a nice bowl of soup and some breadsticks from pizza hut.

The way this crew is run right now is dumb. I helped form this dumb way of running things, so I guess I might as well post about it. Rankings were a good idea, but you live and learn, and I have learned, they suck. What the **** are we gonna do if the rankings place 2 samus', and 2 fox's in the top 5, and we have to play 2 sheiks and 2 marths in a crew battle. This would be rare, but you get my point. We should choose our crew participants based on who we fight, and how people are performing at the time. Obviously choosing them would suck, because who would do it. There's two options.

1. We have a leader (people would vote, no voting for yourselves)
2. We have sort of a panelist thing goin on, or somethin where we vote for the people that should participate in crew battles.

I know we said we didnt want a leader but maybe we need one. I dont give a ****, I just wanna play some smash.

Also, training sessions are a good idea. Wherever we have a smashfest or w/e, lets make some sort of a schedule where we work on say teams, singles, counters, secondaries, the whole shibang. Then like we'll do some sets at the end of the night to finish it out.

I thought this post would be longer but I guess I got it out in a smaller amount of words than I thought, but I have one more thing to add.

This is directed towards the people in the crew: HAVE FUN! If you win, good, if you lose, good. Losing is better in most ways, you learn when it happens. Don't brag when you win or get all ****ty when you lose. If you win, help out, if you lose, ask them to help out. This shouldnt be a ****ing competition like Toushi said. In fact, it wasnt supposed to be, but a lot of people made it out that way. jeebus christus

amen

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
i agree with you GOTM. and the part about the crew rankings is only what ive been saying for the longest time >_>.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok some slight input from me until I get around to another monster post from the chibo

bottom line, im really dissapointed in this crew. but im not angry at everyone else, im angry at myself as well and cant help but feel somewhat responsible for some of what has been going wrong. iv taken a lot of the initiative in sort of managing the crew even though we have no defined leader. its just sort of my personality, i always try to take the lead of things because especially from plenty of experiences in my past, i feel that if i dont try to take command, nothing will get done. it puts a lot of pressure on me with the amount of work i have to do, but i always love seeing the outcome along with what everyone else has contributed. while our crew has definitely become something big since its inception, its truly leading in the wrong direction. one of the things i find completely wrong is the rankings.

i used to be such a big supporter of them, but i guess its just cause i love the tournament feel and its almost like having mini tournaments all the time. i had talked it over with most of the original members (all members present when we first made the crew), and we decided it was the most fair way to handle things. this made sense when like everyone in the crew lived within 15 minutes of each other, with the exception of gotm, but who was always in atlantic city smashing with us anyway lol. now since weve expanded to parts of vineland, pa, kind of new york, and even florida, wtf? it just doesnt work. that, along with ppl in classes, work, and what not, its impossible for everyone to all meet up at the same time. combine that with ppl being on a good day or a bad day, and theres too many factors that can make it invalid. and another thing i realized, as a crew, we obviously play each other a lot, and we know each others play styles. in crew battles, we will be facing ppl who we dont play often. while i may have an extremely tough time fighting wings luigi for some reason, in a tournament setting i can beat plenty of people that he cant, to make one example. or same thing with gotm and wind right now.

we need to talk to everyone and just decide who we need for crew battles. we need to factor things such as skill level, knowing that triad and mexi are the best, then needing certain characters like gotm's fox and tensai's marth, and a fifth could go to someone like aztec's ICs or shaku's peach. im not sure which chracter is more valuable for matchups off the top of my head, but im just throwing ideas out there. and while i may be top 5 in the crew material, 2 samuses =/= good idea for crew battling.

theres too much a focus on competition and we need to have fun. when we were all at pizza hut last night, i couldnt help but think, this is the true essence of the crew. just chilling together and having fun joking around. it was hilarious, one of the funniest times of my life. i wish more of our crew could have made it, so one day every single one of us need to make it to pizza hut (except for possibly xzax lol, our pizza hut topics of discussion sort of went rated M by the ESRB for a bit there lol).

im gonna stray away from talking about possibly needing a leader as gotm already touched on that.

i guess iv always noticed these problems a bit, but it wasnt until yayo wanted to leave that i really realized them. when we made this crew i was so hyped up thinking like oh man, were gonna do crew battles, we'l smash more, we'l get better, this is gonna be awesome, but its not like that nowadays. we need more smashfests with just getting better. playing counterpick stages, doing sets with counterpicking agaisnt ppl u normally have trouble with, possibly building a secondary, finding ur favorite stages, and so on.

well that turned out longer than i thought

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
summary for ppl like scar who are going to tl;dr my post (hint: crew members better not tl;dr my post lol)

-i dont like how the crew is going and i feel partially responsible
-we may need a leader
-no more rankings
-we need training sessions
-i hope yayo dosnt leave
-pizza hut is awesome

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
What's going on? I'm putting my input in....

Okay....I'm going to offer my input, since I know....well just about everyone in the crew. I've noticed that GOTM probably has the most leadership qualities out of everyone. It's true that GOTM is also awesome, but it takes more than being awesome to have leadership qualities. I'm honestly glad that someone picked up on my...'that's an interesting top 5' quote. I know that there's never a lack of people there for ToS, so it's not like the Tunes where it's "whoever is there plays", lol. (I'm not saying it's bad, but that's usually how it is.) They trust each other, and yes, they get together for Smashfests a lot. ToS has to be the same way. I know who would work well in a Crew Battle, but I'm not going to tell you. I want you guys to figure that out for yourselves. Talk to you other members and see what they think about matchups for other crews. Who would be a good team? Well, who plays together the most? Think about that. I've seen how different Crews work, and success is it's all about knowing yourself. Why do Tec0 and VaNz work so well together? Because they constantly play each other and know each other's weaknesses. Why did Shakugan and TenNo Tensai make a good team? It's because they play each other and know each other well.

*pause*

What I'm trying to say is that you guys are a crew made up of good players, you just have to have some kind of unity under a leader that people can agree on. To be honest....GOTM is probably the best choice, because he's always at Tournies and his skill speaks for itself. Ontop of that, he tries to work with everyone and is very understanding, seeing the strong points in everyone. I'm not saying that nobody else does it, I'm just stating an outsiders viewpoint. Also, it's good to have a rivalry in a crew as well. *stares at Shakugan and Chibo* Doing that will make both of you better, and incase your partners aren't there, you'd make another good team. *points to NJ Connection's Eggm+whoever if Reik ain't there* Shakugan....he's got the right idea with all the Smashfests he holds. Why do you think he's gotten just that much better since I've first met all of you guys? GOTM, if you played Shakugan more, you'd both probably benefit greatly from it.

*Pauses*

My vote hands down is GOTM for your leader, and yes, I do agree on the leadership thing. As far as Rankings.....while it may be good for priority sake.....like a set group of starters, substitutions should be made for any....unexpected turn of events. I've got my own take on that as well, but I'm not in the crew so I won't even say a word. *Ame bows out*

P.S.- Please understand I'm only saying this to help, I think all of you guys are awesome.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll say that the rankings happening so much is really not needed. It's unstable. And cause if it, Shakugan cant be in the crew battle. He had something planed with friends for smash. He could have not just flat left them for rankings...............for the 4th time aready. And cause of that he is out?

To me I dont find that right at all. There is no need for that. He put in his work and had his spot. Now its like it all went to waste. Cut these rankings down and not have them so soon.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
i say ive been saying that forever about the rankings but obviously people arnt as smart as I. and i vote for triad

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'll say that the rankings happening so much is really not needed. It's unstable. And cause if it, Shakugan cant be in the crew battle. He had something planed with friends for smash. He could have not just flat left them for rankings...............for the 4th time aready. And cause of that he is out?

To me I dont find that right at all. There is no need for that. He put in his work and had his spot. Now its like it all went to waste. Cut these rankings down and not have them so soon.
Ok ok, we get it, you dont have to keep talking about Shakugan. This is what I talked about with the problem in rankings, however you keep only mentioning Shakugan. The night of those rankings I didn't even want to hold them after I found out Wind and Aztec weren't there, among others. And when I tried to plan out the fourth rankings, I had no clue Shakugan was holding a smashfest, no one told me. I talked to everyone I could at the time I planned it.

i say ive been saying that forever about the rankings but obviously people arnt as smart as I. and i vote for triad
the rankings arent even the only thing u had a problem with, and it was how you went about it early on that upset most of us on the issue.

why do you vote for triad? we arent even voting for anything yet.

a leader isnt just someone based on skill level. triad joined the crew yesterday, and the crews been around for like 3 months now. sorry, but he clearly isnt fit to lead the crew at this time.

i dont want to come off as really angry, but this whole crew thing just has me depressed. i dont even know who should be leader if we have one. its clear that i do the most work out of anyone here, but then again iv really taken it upon myself and i dont know if anyone else really has had the chance to. gotm mentioned earlier that we shouldnt be able to vote ourselves for a leader if we have one, but that dosnt seem fair because if the person truly thinks they are the one for the position, why be forced to choose who you think would be second best?

however, i dont know if i would really like to be leader, so i dont know what to think. even though i've done a lot of work trying to plan out the best dates when we had rankings, trying to think of new ideas for the crew, seeking out new members, helping organize CoT tournaments, making the crew video, recording other various videos, but when something goes wrong (such as the rankings), it's my *** on the line. everyone has looked to me for when things go wrong and gotten into arguments with me over things (i dont want to mention names).

however the only person besides me that i feel is fit for the role of leader is gotm. he knows the metagame of smash more than anyone else in the crew IMO, and not only that, but he knows the community more than anyone else (with the exception of triad though since hes been around longer) since he practically lives on smashboards. he knows every event going on, and has also been an original member of the crew.

oh yea, and somewhere over the past couple posts i hit 900. yay!

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Judging from all the posts it looks like this was all my fault. Im sorry guys. I failed all of you...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Only reason I brought his name up was cause he told me about it and what happen. And I found that messed up. that was it.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
Ok ok, we get it, you dont have to keep talking about Shakugan. This is what I talked about with the problem in rankings, however you keep only mentioning Shakugan. The night of those rankings I didn't even want to hold them after I found out Wind and Aztec weren't there, among others. And when I tried to plan out the fourth rankings, I had no clue Shakugan was holding a smashfest, no one told me. I talked to everyone I could at the time I planned it.

the rankings arent even the only thing u had a problem with, and it was how you went about it early on that upset most of us on the issue.

why do you vote for triad? we arent even voting for anything yet.

a leader isnt just someone based on skill level. triad joined the crew yesterday, and the crews been around for like 3 months now. sorry, but he clearly isnt fit to lead the crew at this time.

i dont want to come off as really angry, but this whole crew thing just has me depressed. i dont even know who should be leader if we have one. its clear that i do the most work out of anyone here, but then again iv really taken it upon myself and i dont know if anyone else really has had the chance to. gotm mentioned earlier that we shouldnt be able to vote ourselves for a leader if we have one, but that dosnt seem fair because if the person truly thinks they are the one for the position, why be forced to choose who you think would be second best?

however, i dont know if i would really like to be leader, so i dont know what to think. even though i've done a lot of work trying to plan out the best dates when we had rankings, trying to think of new ideas for the crew, seeking out new members, helping organize CoT tournaments, making the crew video, recording other various videos, but when something goes wrong (such as the rankings), it's my *** on the line. everyone has looked to me for when things go wrong and gotten into arguments with me over things (i dont want to mention names).

however the only person besides me that i feel is fit for the role of leader is gotm. he knows the metagame of smash more than anyone else in the crew IMO, and not only that, but he knows the community more than anyone else (with the exception of triad though since hes been around longer) since he practically lives on smashboards. he knows every event going on, and has also been an original member of the crew.

oh yea, and somewhere over the past couple posts i hit 900. yay!
stfu chibo i know a leader isnt based on skill. if you would ***** stop underminding me so much you would see why i pick triad. he knows more about the game/community/ and ran his own crew before. hes not new to this. going out your way to tell me things i already know doesnt make you look smart at all it just pisses me off and makes you look like a huge ***. and stop acting like you played this game soo much longer then i have you start like a month or 2 before me so please get off your soap box. Triad is best for the leader job IMO you would just make a good manager. PS- this is my 200th post =]

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
what did u hear from him? i really doubt u heard the whole story
shakugan chaos: will u crew battle with ToS enough of ur members come

Dark Pch: Ya

shakugan chaos: im sry i wont be in the crew battle

Dark Pch: So I heard

Dark Pch: Why you missed the rankings?

shakugan chaos: they told me 2 days b4 we had rankings n i had a smashfest planned for that day

shakugan chaos: i couldnt leave my friends who darive an hour away to play smash for rankings

Dark Pch: I see

GOTM

Smash Champion
How is it that when a couple of us post to try and make things right, some people break out into an argument?

IMO, some people post on here just to argue, instead of state an opinion on how to move forward. Arguing won't get you guys anywhere, trust me.

Honestly, this crew has a LOT of potential. In our area right now, we are pretty much the only ones in south Jersey. We could represent an area so well, yet some of you choose to think with your egos instead of your minds.

Maybe everyone should take a breather. Tomorrow, don't go on smash boards, celebrate Martin Luther King, and then come back on here on Tuesday and post something noteworthy, please.

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
toushi ur cool and all and i mean no disrespect.but u need to calm down and stop puttin urself so high up in a pedastol. when i play the only ppl i joke to that imma "****" is GOTM and chibo cuz we like to pump each other up to have a great match. when we r done we dont go behind each others back and say "oh we lost cuz we were sandbaggin" we accept it and thats wat we all need to do wit each other. we need to help each other mentally to prevent each other from having extremely bad smash days. we need to start playin more consistently so that our off days dont vary extremely from our good days.

another thing, i thought the rankings were a good idea but i didnt agree to having so many rankings in such a short period of time. another reason y i see we should stop now is that back then when we first started playin we all pretty much had different mains but now its ridiculous wit two of the same characters. we should decide our participants based on whos there for the crew battle and i would say that the final decision should be left up to TRIAD, GOTM, and chibo since i believe in them and IMO i think they would have the best knowledge of our crews skill and our opponents skillZ.

YAYO i see no reason in u leavin but if its ur decision there is nuttin we can do. TRIAD said that we could smash at his house which wat pretty much we were missin was a consistent smash place. we could train there help each other get better and have fun which is y we originally formed this crew. on the topic of a leader i would vote for TRIAD and chibo could be the manager since he does take it upon himself to do it and most of us appreciate him for doin so.

i would also like to thank everyone who is tryin to help us but i would like to ask that ppl leave out biased comments *cough*dark pch.*cough*.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
toushi ur cool and all and i mean no disrespect.but u need to calm down and stop puttin urself so high up in a pedastol. when i play the only ppl i joke to that imma "****" is GOTM and chibo cuz we like to pump each other up to have a great match. when we r done we dont go behind each others back and say "oh we lost cuz we were sandbaggin" we accept it and thats wat we all need to do wit each other. we need to help each other mentally to prevent each other from having extremely bad smash days. we need to start playin more consistently so that our off days dont vary extremely from our good days.

another thing, i thought the rankings were a good idea but i didnt agree to having so many rankings in such a short period of time. another reason y i see we should stop now is that back then when we first started playin we all pretty much had different mains but now its ridiculous wit two of the same characters. we should decide our participants based on whos there for the crew battle and i would say that the final decision should be left up to TRIAD, GOTM, and chibo since i believe in them and IMO i think they would have the best knowledge of our crews skill and our opponents skillZ.

YAYO i see no reason in u leavin but if its ur decision there is nuttin we can do. TRIAD said that we could smash at his house which wat pretty much we were missin was a consistent smash place. we could train there help each other get better and have fun which is y we originally formed this crew. on the topic of a leader i would vote for TRIAD and chibo could be the manager since he does take it upon himself to do it and most of us appreciate him for doin so.

i would also like to thank everyone who is tryin to help us but i would like to ask that ppl leave out biased comments *cough*dark pch.*cough*.
mexi you make good points but i feel that if its not for money or tourniment theres no point in trying really so i dont. i like to have fun with the game alot and jus relax with the cool people i know who play it.i accept my loses but then again if its nt for money or i didnt pay to play i really dun care if i lose

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
i love toushi he always stays calm i was hopin u didnt take my comment the wrong way and i should have known u wouldnt. when u dont play ur best against ur crew u hurt not only urself but us as well and we also wont no wat to expect from u or no ur true abilities. ToS needs to get better together and we need to start practicing more together so we can actually start becomin a threat. and i see the point that we truly dont help each other when we play but my excuse is that basically the coolness crew and myself barely no much about the game and everyone else knows more about the game than us. the only person i was able to give advice to, and it really didnt help much, was when i first played shakugan and told him that he should FC as an edgeguard cuz ryoko always ***** me wit it at tournaments.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
i love toushi he always stays calm i was hopin u didnt take my comment the wrong way and i should have known u wouldnt. when u dont play ur best against ur crew u hurt not only urself but us as well and we also wont no wat to expect from u or no ur true abilities. ToS needs to get better together and we need to start practicing more together so we can actually start becomin a threat. and i see the point that we truly dont help each other when we play but my excuse is that basically the coolness crew and myself barely no much about the game and everyone else knows more about the game than us. the only person i was able to give advice to, and it really didnt help much, was when i first played shakugan and told him that he should FC as an edgeguard cuz ryoko always ***** me wit it at tournaments.
i see what you mean. imma pick up falco again so expect me to play super gay with him with the laser spam and reverse lasers and such. and mexi its cool man i respect your opinion. fellow falcons stick together

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
the only person i was able to give advice to, and it really didnt help much, was when i first played shakugan and told him that he should FC as an edgeguard cuz ryoko always ***** me wit it at tournaments.
Mexi what u told me that day helped me a lot i always try to use the advice that someone gives me even if its dumb. this is crew love righ there ToS has been in a lot in a short amount of time we can work this out. If we have Gotm we can do just anything

@chibo it may seem like i hate u ur just dont like u thats not true. i like everyone in the crew,[some more than others, jk jk] b4 i got to meet mexi we had a lil fight but when we got to meet in person we had no beef. the first ppl i got to meet from ToS was Gotm n zero gotm came n picked me up to take me to COT1.

i would also like to shoe love to everyone else in ToS like tensai, aztec, wind, kyuu, terrv,poncho,toushi,gomen-ne, n even triad n chibo. TOS will be a force in new jersey from this day on. n if we do get a crew leader i vote tensai n Gotm

Triad n chibo are at the bottom cuz i hate samus lol

i have love for this crew n im sad that yayo left because we saw are mistakes to late, we love u yayo

Aww shiz i almost didnt put this, SHAKUGAN,MAYBE IM A LION, RAWWAR everyone also gets a color to repersent them as for me its blood red but i use the white dress peach.

Top Bottom