• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Official Titans of Smash (ToS) Crew Thread** We Never Died

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
Yo Mexi I'm type hurt by the last thing you said about past members, like I understand that I left the crew kinda suddenly but I honestly like you guys. I've always thought of you guys friends before crew mates, I kinda said more to GOTM today. But I concern myself with ToS and I want you guys to do well with or without me.

You know everytime I see you I always have love for Mexi, I hope that me leaving doesn't change that when I see you on saturday man, it would hurt honestly.

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
Yo Mexi I'm type hurt by the last thing you said about past members, like I understand that I left the crew kinda suddenly but I honestly like you guys. I've always thought of you guys friends before crew mates, I kinda said more to GOTM today. But I concern myself with ToS and I want you guys to do well with or without me.

You know everytime I see you I always have love for Mexi, I hope that me leaving doesn't change that when I see you on saturday man, it would hurt honestly.
i didnt mean it like i hate u guys for leaving. i meant it like we dont have to pursue u guys, or try to persuade u guys everytime we see u guys to rejoin our crew. itll get annoying if everyone always asked u to rejoin our crew everytime they saw u, so thats y i said **** it let them do wat they want. i also wanted to let u no (and that includes toushi and shakugan) that if u ever decide to rejoin us, then we will accept u guys wit open arms.

ill always have love for those who are in or were in the crew. i always asked GOTM "is yayo gonna be there" cuz u were one of the first ppl i was cool wit when i first started goin to drexel for smash. there is no need to fret, nothin will change btwn us.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'd like to bump this thread to let everyone know that vex kasrani has joined the crew! i also added some more pictures to the front page, so everyone now atleast has a character picture. if you dont have a real picture next to you yet and u want one, just say so here and give me a link to a pic of u.

GOTM

Smash Champion
umm, yeah so...at spoc4 scar wants to do crews.

its like $2.50 a person if we do 4 people, and 2 bucks a pop if we have 5 people.

whos plannin on goin? its mad cheap to do crews so like...i think we're most likely gonna have me, chibo, mexi, tensai, gomen-ne, wingzero, talwind, and aztecking show up.

we can choose the 4-5 people once we're there.

also, out of the people planning on going, whos up for doing crews?

edit: i think vex and xzax r coming too, my bad...i wanna play you vex!!! ;)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
hmmm... crew tourney eh?

heres what i suggest the roster be:

if Triad goes:
Triad
GOTM
Mexi
Aztec
Tensai

if Triad doesnt go
Chibo
Mexi
GOTM
Tensai
Aztec

we could also enter twice if we wanted to, and have another team split off like:
Talwind
Gomen-Ne
Vex
Wing Zero
Xzax

(or sub me in team 2 somewhere if triad goes)
or somethin else, w/e lol

GOTM

Smash Champion
ha, i wonder if they would allow 2 teams if we had enough ppl, lolz.

i doubt it, but that would be kind of funny

the two rosters you talked about based on if triad goes or not are exactly the ones i was thinking too.

team two should be like

chibo
vex
wind
wingzero
gomen-ne

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
There is also no reason to deny that.

A crew in a tourney setting is a group of people a number that is set by the tourney.

In this case 4 or 5.

The fact that there are 2 group of peoples entering in crews that are from the same crew is irrelevant.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea iv seen tourneys before where tsa entered as 2 groups which is why i thought of the idea.

as for team b though, i was thinking the same but vex and wind is a lil repetitive with 2 falcos. then again, they play very differ falcos, and talwinds pikachu is as good as his falco. it got 3 stocks off scar when mitri had 4 stocks at the last practice crew battle lolz.

(whenever i say mitri, i mean wind lol, its a habit of mine)

i doubt we'l have 10 full people going, especially since as of now triad is not going, meaning il be team a, and there would be room for vex mitri and xzax in team b

GOTM

Smash Champion
What i dont get into the crew battle GOTM? >.> w/e
.....this is exactly what we didnt want to happen when we started the rankings :ohwell:

if we're not doing rankings (which no one liked, including me), your gonna have to trust us to pick the right people for the job

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
ok if it were up to me i would pick MEXI, MEXI, MEXI, and MEXI. j/k

but really i would say MEXI, GOTM, Tensai, and Vex. those four would be our best chance wit 5 stock each.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Xzax, I wouldn't worry too much about it, okay? Not everyone can be in every crew battle. Just keep playing hard, and you'll end up in one. It's about all you can do. *thumbs up* Keep your head up, okay?

Ame- "So that's it? What a guy.....this is gonna be tough!"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
well if aztec king and triad dont show, then it should be this:

team a:
chibo
gotm
mexi
tensai
vex

team b:
wind
wingzero
xzax
gomen

however if wing zero doesnt come, then theres not enough people for a team b. but its not that important if we dont have a team b.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Just do crews of 4. I know that you want to be in the A group pal, but sometimes a good leader has to make sacrifices for the greater good of the group.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im not just trying to put me in group a, i was suggesting so as i think its a good idea as gotm suggests we do the same lineup i said. i had put myself in group b originally if triad was going but since he isnt, it makes sense for me to be in group a.

GOTM

Smash Champion
i am neutral on this, because i can see it going either way depending on what i see with the other crews in terms of who they are using. samus is just real situational....weird character

how bout people just vote or something...seeing as like triad wont even be there...and he would be the tie breaker

edit: the bad thing about samus is...she really cant **** in crews. she can BEAT people, but she cant destroy stocks.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
a lot of playing in crews is camping to conserve your stocks while diminishing your opponents, which is obviously seen as ppl play differ when in crew battles - more campy, which is something samus can do effectively with just spamming shield wavedashes and ftilts and so on, nabbing the kill with well placed sex kicks when the opponent messes up or edgeguarding. ya know, playing like a real samus lolz, something iv actually been doing lately.

GOTM

Smash Champion
this is true....but...samus cant gimp, or **** stocks whilst taking barely any %

i.e. falcon going **** on like 3 stocks in a row while only taking like 30%, or fox shinespiking someone a few times, or falco 0-deathing someone, **** like that.

yeah its good to play campy when your down, but to get up, campy usually doesnt work, you have to ****

perfect example of why jiano is AMAZING in crews, lol, also G-REEEEGGG, haha.

edit: which is exactly why samus is situational....im neutral on this...everyone else decide, might be a good idea, might not

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
this is true....but...samus cant gimp, or **** stocks whilst taking barely any %
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your out of your mind >_<.

Treble gimps me/eggm/reik at like 20% on any given stage with samus LIKE REAL RIDICULOUS.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
a lot of playing in crews is camping to conserve your stocks while diminishing your opponents, which is obviously seen as ppl play differ when in crew battles - more campy, which is something samus can do effectively with just spamming shield wavedashes and ftilts and so on, nabbing the kill with well placed sex kicks when the opponent messes up or edgeguarding. ya know, playing like a real samus lolz, something iv actually been doing lately.
thats true, but if you run into a good sheik or marth, alot of those options disappear, lolz. but even though i can use marth to some degree, im still going samus in crews, MORE POWA TO THE SAMUS PLAYAZ!!!:laugh:

Scar

#HarveyDent
Regardless of how awful Samus is, my point is that if it's between having 40% of your crew participating vs 80%, it's a pretty simple decision. Do crews of 4 people. I mean, I want a nice turnout for crews so clearly I'm biased but whatever.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well it should also be about having fun.

So I'm with scar, all of you guys should participate in crews and if there are say like 9 people then make a crew of 5 and one with 4 etc etc

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
oh now i see what scar means, if its between two teams of 4 or one of 5 and no second one. this originally wasnt an issue as i thought aztec and wing were coming

heres my thoughts on that, i definitely want as much people as possible to crew battle, but in this sort of situation essentially being the last melee crew battle (and our only official one) we really need to put together the best group possible to have the best performance, then worry about a group b if we have extra people. might as well make one good showing in a melee crew battle eh? lol

i talked to triad and he suggests we go with mexi gotm tensai vex over mexi gotm chibo tensai vex, which puts us right down the middle. now if our original top 5 was gonna be mexi gotm chibo tensai aztec, and aztec cant make it, shouldnt we just then move up vex or go with 4 without him? i think all 5 works well as we cover more matchups and we have a better chance at finding a counterpick on the fly. i think the addition of a whole other person is more valuable than giving the 4 an extra stock, as something might happen like one person killing themselves or a falco getting gimped due to recovery problems.

in the 5 possible person setup were talkin, there would be 3 fast fallers, fox falco and falcon (falcon obviously not as much as spacies, but he falls fairly fast compared to other characters). marth is pretty much down the middle of power and life expectancy (lol only term i can think of that works there), and samus can provider great life expectancy to compliment the rest of the team.

samus doesn't die easily, and can definitely gimp. if a falco (sometimes fox as well) DI's one of my downsmashes wrong (which happens often), it can lead to death from 0% as long as I get the edge guard right with a homing missile to knock em down and following up with a sex kick. as for matchups im not worried about marth but worried most about sheik and gdorf, however I really doubt we'l come across a lot of gdorfs and if we do the rest of the team can get that matchup. as for sheik, we have other counters on our 5 to counter sheik. i mean lets face it, no single character is completely ideal for crew battles as every character has a bad match up.

some characters like fox and falco do very well in crews, but can be threatened by characters like a good jiggz, ice climbers, or marth, something that samus can handle to conserve fox and falco stocks for other matchups like sheik.

i just think 5 players should always be used instead of 4 unless 2 of the characters are the same (which is why me and triad cant be in the same crew), or if the top 4 is a lot better than the 5th person (in TSA PAs case), which isnt the case with our crew as i am close to the skill of tensai, gotm, and mexi (not commentating on vex as i havnt played him)

thats my rant. lolz

btw, incase ppl are thinkng im saying all this is so i get into the crew battle, it is definitely not the case at all. im simply looking out for the best of the crew so we can make a good showing in this crew tourney.

lets just say screw it and do a rankings tourney friday night haha

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Well it should also be about having fun.

So I'm with scar, all of you guys should participate in crews and if there are say like 9 people then make a crew of 5 and one with 4 etc etc
Seriously, the entry fee for crews is $2.50 per person if there are 4 people. That's cheap as hell, you guys should enter with as many ppl as possible and just have fun.

EDIT: bleh didn't even see chibo's post because I opened this thread with a tab before he posted

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
this is exactly y chibo is a horrible leader. i new that u wanted to be the leader so bad. that is y i put the idea in scotts head that we should have a three man leadership as opposed to just chibo. gotm also makes a bad leader cuz he wants to please everybody and never decide for himself lolZ.

i say our best chances for the crew battle are Tensai (is he even goin?), Vex, GOTM, and me. but if chibo insists on being on the A-string then ill glady sacrifice my spot to join the other three members. a word of advice chibo, and im sure tensai toushi and shakugan can agree wit me, u gotta learn to put the crew first before urself and then maybe u could actually make a decent leader.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
this is exactly y chibo is a horrible leader. i new that u wanted to be the leader so bad. that is y i put the idea in scotts head that we should have a three man leadership as opposed to just chibo. gotm also makes a bad leader cuz he wants to please everybody and never decide for himself lolZ.

i say our best chances for the crew battle are Tensai (is he even goin?), Vex, GOTM, and me. but if chibo insists on being on the A-string then ill glady sacrifice my spot to join the other three members. a word of advice chibo, and im sure tensai toushi and shakugan can agree wit me, u gotta learn to put the crew first before urself and then maybe u could actually make a decent leader.
mexi is right chibo u do put ur self before the crew man. and mexi ur line up with tensai u gotm n vex is pretty good. i maybe in a different crew but that line up is good. its a 85% chance that tensai will come

Shakugan,maybe im a lion

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
btw, incase ppl are thinkng im saying all this is so i get into the crew battle, it is definitely not the case at all. im simply looking out for the best of the crew so we can make a good showing in this crew tourney.
why is everyone getting angry at me? did u even bother to read the end of my post? this is my true thoughts on it. i look out for the crew and im basing my decisions on what i think is best, and the fact you dont put your trust in me especially when your not in the hierarchy is insulting. all you do mexi is put me down making mindless accusations. i dont care if you say things like talwind or aztec are better than me or that i shouldnt be in the first group in the crew battle (cause you say this all the time), but you give no reasons to back it up. and you wanting to sacrifice yourself to go to team b only hurts the crew. its not about if we have 2 ok groups. read my post again to see why.

and shakugan, we dont need comments like that from you either.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Well i was kind of joking GOTM =] but i really want to be apart of this, and i havent been in this crew for long, but i know someone who has helped me a lot. Chibo thank you for all your help your a good leader and a great friend. Its hard being leader and if you dont think Chibo is doing good dont call him horrible, ask him to try a little harder. Idk if this has een going on for awhile but dont fight over it

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
wats wrong wit shakugan agreeing wit me huh? he is only givin his opinion. i dont see gettin mad at other ppl when they voice their opinion, althought they arent in the crew either.

i dont put u down, i put u in ur place. for some reason u think u r alot better than u are (and im sure some ppl can agree wit me). it only gets me mad that ull beat me in a friendly that im not takin seriously and then ull blow it outta proportion like u can beat me all the time. well if me droppin down o B-team is such a big hinderance for the crew, then y dont u go to the B-team cuz THAT would really be helpin the crew and give the A-team a better chance to win.

xzax - butt kissing is not allowed. lolZ

GOTM

Smash Champion
O____________O

GOTM for president.
hey, it'd be better than clinton :laugh:

but umm yea, chibo your takin mexis points a little too seriously. i mean, mexi always talks direct to people like that, which is good. try looking into what hes trying to say instead of focusing on how hes saying it

also, i know like the points u laid out for your whole post but you cant expect everyone to take it like you envisioned right off the bat. people always have counter arguments.

personally, crews r so cheap, that i say if we don't have enough for 2 crews, we just put as many people as possible into that first group. i mean...this isn't for like a huge amount of respect or anything, lol, its like the last big tourney we're all gonna be at, how bout we just all have fun.

if we do have enough people for 2 crews, then we'll work it out then. no biggie.

honestly for this kind of thing, having one extra person in that first group to me wouldn't be a big deal. if we were say puttin up money to crew battle another one crew in specific, i would think a lot more about somethin like this, but we finally have a chance for everyone to compete and have fun, so we should do exactly that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
iv never once said im better than you, i say your best in the crew, and if supposedly im better than you then that would put me at #1 in the crew which isnt the case. and you know **** right that im joking if i act like i rub it in your face after i beat you in a friendly as you do the same to me. people like me and scott always say how friendlies dont matter that much, especially after we talked to scar on the issue.

if you know what is so good for the crew, then why didnt you want to be part of the hierarchy and instead vote me gotm and triad to it. we made the rankings to avoid these disputes, everyone hated it, but this is the exact reason why. so now we create the hierarchy situation, and your completely acting against it.

im not saying im better than you, im saying were all around the same skill level, which goes back to my last big post when i talked about when crews should use 4 or 5 people when a big gap in skill is present.

edit (didnt see gotms post):
yes it should definitely be fun, but there are some times where the some things are taken a little bit more seriously as been discussed in past disputes. this isnt some friendly crew battle or something, its a paid tournament, and not only that, but the only real crew battle ToS will ever be in for melee, which makes it pretty big in my book. its finally time to show people what were made of for one single time, in which is why i think we should go all out making the best ground to compete, then worry about a group b if we happen to have extra people. afterall, we can always do friendly crew battles afterwards for fun with mixing up the teams.

its not that im taking mexis opinions too seriously, hes completely entitled to his own opinion and i respect that. if he dosnt want me in the crew battle, then he offers that opinion and thats that. its the things he said such as "chibo is a horrible leader," and things like this is why i wanted to be leader and that he created the 3 person idea just so i wasnt the sole leader.

And when he threatened to participate in the main crew battle if im in it is just showing his anger when he doesnt get his way.

Top Bottom