• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yes, Meek still brings in results. Although he hasn't played since Impulse, and nowadays his results are pretty much entirely against other Canadian players (hasn't travelled since Rain 1, 2 weeks after Apex 2013)
He does use MK as well but that doesn't mean he isn't still using Sonic. I know True Blue is pretty good in dubs, but I'd like to know what he's done in singles so I can get an idea of how he compares to Meek, cause so far I think Meek's Sonic is better.

Rizen

Smash Legend
How do you guys beat anyone with ganondorf? I can't even beat my baby brothers with the damn character
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPu-TlfcDhs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfLGytO5FCU&feature=player_detailpage&t=430
(see the ends)

There's a few people who I think they can use insults to avoid actual discussion. It's not so bad if I just ignore them. We had a good discussion going before the trolls popped in http://smashboards.com/threads/official-swf-tier-list-v8.335959/page-75

This thread should be shutdown still.

FourStar

Smash Ace
@Fourstar you can't just write off low tiers; that's why people lose to them. You have to know and respect all characters even the bad ones.
LOL its not the character. its the person using the character. if anyone says that a person is good or bad because of a character is wrong. yes some characters are very limited however some people can get past that and become great players by play well with the character.

for example Ganon is the lowest on the tier list. however players like Vermanubis have been able to beat great players because he is intelligent and plays very well.

People always get into their own heads about MU's and characters messing with themselves when really you just gotta play smarter and better than your opponent
:pikachu:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So... You get a good result by having a good character or by being a good player?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Trolling is spamming that everything you don't understand/agree with is stupid.
that would explain why I never get infracted

BTW on the days-old sonic discussion, meek may be attending whobo so we'll just have to wait until october to find out!

Also, if SoulPech got 3-stocked by V, he wasn't using Rollout enough.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
You never get infracted because I'm pretty lenient lol

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Pidge is the good kind of troll, she's never mean and brings the lulz anyway, and she remains at least somewhat on-topic. >_>

If I were a mod I would feel pretty bad about infracting Pidge, would probably spam warnings and never do anything about it.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I wonder what a non-MK tier list would look like

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
:rob: shouldn't beat :metaknight:, however, matchup inexperience/pressure to perform can come into play.

Yet this only seems to apply to high tier characters. This never seems to be the case with anything outside of high tiers. Which I find stupid. Thus the tier list, results and that terrible match up chart mean nothing to me.

Me vs nairo. I bet you people thought I played alright. I did nothing wrong. There was seriously nothing I could have done to make that match better or pull off a win right? Yet if it was the other way around:

- nairo played that match up so bad
- He was too aggressive
- he was off

I would hear that right away. Know what I heard right away?

- Peach cant do anything
- This guy sucks
- Why do you play this pathetic character

I also got comments like this vs you at KTAR. But this is never applied to me cause of my character people think is trash. This is only applied to high tiers. The characters that so called matter.

Did you read this?

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/fairy-fountain-research-thread-buhbye-ol-chum.218082/
STUN
Stun is when the opponent flinches. The higher their percent, the higher their stun. Other factors include the decay of Dtilt itself - the fresher it is, the more stun it gives.
Dtilt hit advantage on Pit:
10%: - 4
20%: - 2
30%: +1
40%: +3
50%: + 6
60%: + 8
70%: +10
80%: pops Pit up.
At earlier percents, Dtilt doesn't offer many advantages. It shines at 50% and later. The stun at this point gives Zelda the frame advantages to follow up accordingly.

50% here is an average amongst the overall cast. The lighter the character, the earlier the percent will be that starts to make Dtilt more effective. The opposite applies for heavier characters:

Dtilt Advantage at 50%
+4: Bowser; Donkey Kong
+5: Mario; Luigi; Yoshi; Wario; Link; Ganon; Samus; ROB; Dedede; Wolf; Lucario; Ike; Snake; Captain Falcon
+6: Peach; Diddy Kong; Zelda; Sheik; Toon Link; Ice Climbers; Pit; Olimar; Falco; Marth; Ness; Lucas; Sonic
+7: ZZS; Kirby; Meta Knight; Fox; Pikachu; G&W;
+8: Jigglypuff
Stun that is weakened due to decaying your Dtilt can be restored by damaging the opponent with a followup. This is because the opponent's percentage is increasing from followups (stun increase) whilst Dtilt is staling to provide such followups (stun decrease) - there is a balance.
I stand corrected. I apologize.

I have no idea what youre talking about now Rizen.

And just because a character is bad =/= you should mop the floor with them. A lot of bad characters have MUs where they can do just fine and even contend with better characters, the amount of control a higher tiered character should show is determined by the MU, not the placement on the Tier List, so I disagree with Dark.Pch.
Having a -4 =/= bad character, it means a bad MU. That's the point IM making. Sure, most -4's belong to bad characters, but using words like 'garbage' to describe the character or saying a character that is bad should be easy isnt true. Now a character that has a -3 or -4 in the MU, thats different, but you (and Dark.Pch) need to choose your words better.
I do not need to word anything correctly. This is what the people of the community say all the time. I for once don't go calling my main garbage. But people tend to think so and say it all the time. So I decided to play this lil game with these brain dead fools and agree. So when they struggle vs me or I win, I like to see the expression or BS excuses for said results. And just shows me how stupid they are cause they don't know anything. They don't research, they don't ask question. They judge by image and go what they hear instead of actually learning for themselves. So this should not be said to me. Tell that to the brainless morons in the community.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Whatever you call it, this kind of behavior is whats hurting the fgc right now.

I'm contacting the mods right now.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I like how I tried to make on-topic posts that went completely ignored, and the rest of my bull**** has been openly encouraged. I thoroughly blame you guys for my spamming habit.

Anyway. Since Whobo 5 is coming up (and i'll totally be there unlike most of the jerks from my region) I wonder if the tier list would change drastically were MK removed from the game. I think Peach would be a little higher as a counter to the new contender for top tier. But then again I'm so full of **** that I literally have diarrhea of the mouth. What do you guys think?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh yeah I totally forgot MK is banned at whobo; I was a bit confused for a second. Lol.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Oh yeah I totally forgot MK is banned at whobo; I was a bit confused for a second. Lol.
Xyro asked us to tell him if we wanted to see MK legal in one event, and to specify which event. 3 Canadians suggested mid tiers, but we got shut down. **** this entire website *****

Tesh

Smash Hero
Toon Link and Pit should be in there too imo.

ICs dominance in MK banned will never be fleshed out though. I think once their item game intensifies, they would have even at worst matchups only.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Ness too, he's only got a -1 against ICs iirc

also Kirby should be in bottom tier

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Come on people. ICs won't dominate with MK banned. You are only thinking so because you assume we are still going to play BF/FD/SV every game with MK gone. That is not true, with him gone we could actually play the fun stages again and ICs would no longer be solo viable.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Come on people. ICs won't dominate with MK banned. You are only thinking so because you assume we are still going to play BF/FD/SV every game with MK gone. That is not true, with him gone we could actually play the fun stages again and ICs would no longer be solo viable.
As a former Ness and Kirby co-main, nobody understands how much I miss Brinstar and Cruise (the good one, not the one we currently have).

Ghostbone

Smash Master
The can deal with ICs tier was characters who have been argued to have an advantage vs ICs.
Though they're all probably even except Peach and ROB.

And it was mostly a joke, I feel we're too late in Brawl's metagame, so that even if MK was banned, we wouldn't see any real shift in the tier list.
Though I would expect ROB to rise (substantially at that) and Falco to drop.

Eh, the only reason MK banned tournaments would tend to have larger stagelists is because most people who wanted MK banned also liked larger stagelists.
If the whole community suddenly decided to ban him, I'd say the stagelist for nationals would stay exactly the same.

Top Bottom