• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Many people do though. :C

THOU ART MUST TRY HARDER. ;_;
I understand what you mean.

I have a lucario background on my phone/computer
I'm a sucker for martial arts.
And study egyptian mythology on my free time. Anubis being my favorite egyptian "god." (I've got a statue of him too~)
I also like cute things that have a stoic attitude~ >w>

I'll say it straight.
Anyone that mains a character that isn't top tier mains them out of character pride.
There's almost no other reason to be honest.
My heart goes out to the people that still stick with low tier mains.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well hes better than Luigi is yeah (Luigi is awful though), but overall not much better than PT, if better at all. That one is arguable.
Gonna quickly look at this from an MU perspective against each other:

Lucas against PT is weird. I don't have an awful lot of experience in the Mu but from what I have played, Lucas seems to do really well against Ivysaur, decent against charizard (if he spaces well and doesn't get grabbed) and squirtle.... squirtle probably wins but i've never personally found it impossible. If I had to put ratings to them, Ivysaur would be +1 Lucas' favour (so abusable off-stage), Charizard would be 0 (could switch depending on the situation. Lucas seems to win a bit with mid range and some close-up situations but if charizard gets a grab things begin to suck. Both can do odd things to each other off-stage) and Squirtle at -1 (his mobility and surpising range do kinda suck, we have to rely on punishes and reads from what i've found).

I'm a noob though and know nothing so... eh....

@Sunnysunny: Respect. I do martial arts too and i'm studying 18th dynasty egypt atm and I love anubis too! :D

And <3 for low tier pride heh. <3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Anyone who thinks Captain Falcon is 1st in Manliness has obviously never seen Jigglypuff
Did... did you make that video? o.O

@NR: Dang it I thought the 'fixed' statement was still in your favour! XD

I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out which regions were good/bad in America. *sigh*

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out which regions were good/bad in America. *sigh*
NJ/NY is the best, the rest of the regions are tied for last place. (Though SoCal, Texas and Florida stand out.)
Forgive me if I miss something obvious.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Did... did you make that video? o.O

@NR: Dang it I thought the 'fixed' statement was still in your favour! XD

Really Good:
NJ/NY
SoCal

Good:
Texas
Florida

Pretty Good
NE

Kinda alright:
MD/VA
Midwest

Bad:
Everywhere else

I might be forgetting some good places or overrating some places, maybe someone actually from the states would be able to help.

Also I think Canada as a whole would go in the Florida/Texas category, but for individual provinces Ontario, Quebec and Alberta would probably go with NE and then NS and BC would go with MD/VA and Midwest

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Also I think Canada as a whole would go in the Florida/Texas category, but for individual provinces Ontario, Quebec and Alberta would probably go with NE and then NS and BC would go with MD/VA and Midwest
And then there's Ally....

Player-1

Smash Legend
GA is def. better than Canada as a whole.

I'm like #4 and I beat their best player :p

edit: and I'd probably put GA/AL in between Good and Pretty good for that list

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
u shudda come 2 impulse 2 prove it

Yeah but then you got 3 stocked by someone who isn't even top 3 :p
Dude, that's so far away. The only Canadian player I'm remotely ever worried about is Ally, and even then I don't do pretty bad.
And I'm not even our best player~

GA is def. better than Canada as a whole.

I'm like #4 and I beat their best player :p

edit: and I'd probably put GA/AL in between Good and Pretty good for that list
Only if FL is higher than GA/AL.

rurounikenshin

Smash Rookie
Ok, as I think we are getting a little bit off-topic, I`d like to ask: Why is Donkey Kong so low? I mean, I am aware that he used to be higher and I really don`t get why he dropped that much (aside from noone actually using him but Will) He looks really solid to me, good combos, good grab-game, very good range, great killing power, lives more than most characters, great mindgame opportunities, etc.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Really Good:
NJ/NY
SoCal

Good:
Texas
Florida

Pretty Good
NE

Kinda alright:
MD/VA
Midwest

Bad:
Everywhere else

I might be forgetting some good places or overrating some places, maybe someone actually from the states would be able to help.

Chile (Zero) would be under NJ/NY. He beats everyone lool.

:018:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Dude, that's so far away. The only Canadian player I'm remotely ever worried about is Ally, and even then I don't do pretty bad.
And I'm not even our best player~

Only if FL is higher than GA/AL.

IDK, your best player DID get 3rd at our 11 man GA local losing a +2 MU :p

our top 5 vs your top 5 (excluding esam) I think would be pretty even, with esam you'd probably win, but I think it'd be close, but then you guys have more good players that aren't PRed than us.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Chile (Zero) would be under NJ/NY. He beats everyone lool.

:018:
If Canada (Ally) isn't up there in "really freakin' good", neither Chile (ZeRo) should.

Also, for the sake of completeness, I'd put Mexico as a whole in the "Pretty Good" category, tied with NE, maaaaaaybe slightly better. Well, there's only region that matters, Mexico City, but you get the idea.

*Cough* Guys *Cough* You seem to have forgotten about Japan.
nah, they're pretending to ignore it out of fear.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Nick, I think V could take you.

#shotsfired

this may or may not be an attempt to start another ZSS war

So do spoiler tags just not work or what?

Top Bottom