• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Matchup Chart v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Really guys, if we want to have an extraordinary match-up chart next time, we should definitively get people like him to analyse everything there is about the game.

D

Deleted member 189823

What's up with the MU ratios changing before new versions are released?

D

Deleted member 189823

If the MU ratios didn't change we wouldn't need to release a new version now would we?
Bowser is -2 with Peach and so is Falco is -2 with ICs, when they were both -1 when this new version came out. Just to point out an example.

This isn't the first time I've seen this done.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Falco has been -2 against ICs on all 3 charts. If he was, for whatever reason, initially -1 on the V3 chart but then the image got changed to show -2, then it's definitely because the -1 was a typo/error that they corrected after noticing (ie when the v3 discussions took place, Falco:ICs was left as -2 but then when making the image it was incorrectly listed as -1 so they corrected this after noticing)

I don't even remember ever seeing this be the case but I guess you're claiming Falco was originally -1 against ICs on the v3 chart. Any changes like this that occurred were almost definitely typos/errors (ie the number put on the image did not match the number agreed upon during the v3 discussions)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I will always wonder why people are so bad at punishing Falco's Illusion.
The only ones that punish it at top level are MKs because they hold Tornado, but that's about it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
People need to use those meaty moves more and phantasm won't be that much of a problem.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
People need to get better at timings.
Phantasm is ridiculously easy to anticipate and punish.

Nemy

群れ
I slowly lose faith in a player when theyre getting hit by, or not punishing, phantasm.

I will say some Falcos are good about not being TOO obvious about it though.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Phantasm isn't that easy to punish. It's just that 99% of Falcos always do it on the exact same situations and generally being stupidly predictable with it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Protip(s):
4 different variations of length that are not possible to react to individually
The keen observer may notice that phantasms are being used as a response to reading/reacting to a shield or the opponent inputting an action (such as jumping, spot dodging, etc).

In other words, unless its a situation in which you're forced into it, a good Falco is using it as a cross stage punish to your ****tness, and being **** against Falco is pretty easy when his lasers, rolls, jab and dash attack (and .the buffering of all these things between each other) are ****ing amazing.

tl;dr What espy said, you don't know what you're talking about

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
While I agree onstage phantasm is a very viable tool (when not predictable), I was mostly talking about the offstage Phantasm used for recovery. Seriously, Falco runs out of options when recoverying.
A Falco forced to be offstage should not be coming back, at least without some damage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Are you even reading your own posts? I'm seriously doubting that you are even aware of what you're saying. :applejack:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
While I agree onstage phantasm is a very viable tool (when not predictable), I was mostly talking about the offstage Phantasm used for recovery. Seriously, Falco runs out of options when recoverying.
A Falco forced to be offstage should not be coming back, at least without some damage.
even though he can mix-up between different heights, mix up if he's going for the ledge or not, mix-up the length of the phantasm
+ the fact that sometimes the falco will still have his jump, or be knocked super high, etc...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You can position yourself to cover at least some of the different lengths (unless your character has poor reach/mobility).
React to the activation height (unless you have poor reaction time). This would also cover his option to go to the ledge.
If he has his jump and you're unsure if he'll go to the ledge or the stage, you can throw a move with less than 20 frames of ending lag. (unless you don't have one, if there is any character like that).

Illusion has the Hurtbox BEFORE the Hitbox, almost any well-timed Jab or multi-hit move will beat it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No, No Grim. It's 100% punishable on reaction each and every time, regardless of your character, the stage, the varieties, and the speed at which it comes out, and everyone who says otherwise is bad.

So says kyo, the pinnacle of Falco's counter-meta. :applejack:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
But it is reactable, it is literally the only option he has offstage except for Fire Falco, which is even worse. Look for the moment he stops mid-air, that's a lot of frames he's stuck in that position.

And I already said your character can be a factor.
Varieties should not be a problem if your character has enough range.
And lol, stages stopped being a factor two years ago.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you're attempting to prepare to punish Falco's phantasm as a recovery option, you're most often leaving Falco the COMPLETE FREEDOM to just fire bird. There aren't that many (read: MK maybe) characters that can consistently cover both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom