• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Matchup Chart v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Who's the MN Kirby? I know I'm a Kirby main and all, but I suck at remembering where people live, and their real names.

Also, the MU indeed feels even. They can't gimp each other, both have good recoveries, both have good kill moves, none can chain too much on each other since they're both kinda light, Kirby can bair/jump over Pika's projectile, Pikachu won't die against Kirby's stale bair if he keeps spacing right... etc etc etc

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Someone direct me to this Ontario Invasion of Tier List thread v7.
Thread's dead due to v8. I have the link on one of my comps back at home.

I can only pray I get the skills to falsify that currently true statement, or at least parts of it.
Do you mean what I said? Trust me, we all go through some cringey stages as teenagers. I'm 24, I remember.

SO, someone inform me more about the Pikachu-Kirby matchup!
It's extremely campy and one of my least favourite matchups. I timed out a pikachu from my region at a tournament.

Nair out of shield, learn your QACs, don't let Kirby get in. I'm sure you already spam tjolt.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I read Nair Oos thinking you were talking about Kirby (not that bad of an option either.. just slow)

And Thor, we can direct you to it, all the posts got deleted, but.. Ontario rampaged through like.. 10 pages on SWF's default setting in 2 hours, we filled +10 pages.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So does Kirby. If up-angled fsmash (~120%) or dsmash (~150%) don't get you, or we cant uair you off the top, then an uthrow at ~180% from the center of FD will.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
thor is probably referring to triple R (who by the way is in all probability the 3rd best kirby in the us)
Wait 'til I get my car and apartment on january and scrape all this rust off as well, good sir! I'll be back to the scene, and I can't wait to rep Kirby (and ZSS) again!

But yes, Triple R is definitely up there. Makes sense why Thor is having problems with him, heh.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
What are Falln's results like? I've heard people say good things about him but from what I've seen of his gameplay, I'm not impressed and I'd say MikeKirby is better

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Chudat recently got 2nd at a local tuesday night tournament. He lost to Logic in set 2 of gf's.
You should watch it if you haven't already, it's funny.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby doesnt look that interesting when you watch him play. What really gets you is playing against a good Kirby player, and getting read like crazy (Kirby's only good when baiting and punishing). I guess you have to play good Kirbies to really appreciate players like falln, instead of watching their matches... At least, IMO.

Not directed at anyone, just a general statement.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
The only good and decently developed Kirby is Chu Dat.

Fact.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Kirby doesnt look that interesting when you watch him play. What really gets you is playing against a good Kirby player, and getting read like crazy (Kirby's only good when baiting and punishing). I guess you have to play good Kirbies to really appreciate players like falln, instead of watching their matches... At least, IMO.

Not directed at anyone, just a general statement.
If that's true then I guess it'd make sense cause MikeKirby impressed the **** out of me when I played him in pools at SKTAR2.

He was significantly harder for me then than Chu was when I played him at IMPULSE 2012 (friendlies/crews, not bracket), and if anything I've only improved in the year between

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
M2K thought that MK lost to Olimar, or Diddy, or Snake, or... But he was still the best MK in the US. :I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom