• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Matchup Chart v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Game skill, debate skill, game knowledge.
>Game skill is irrelevant, looking at most members of the BBR >.>
>Debating skill = agreeing with the opinions of everyone already in the BBR
>Game knowledge is also basically the same as agreeing with the opinions of matchups/character viability of everyone in the BBR.

Thor

Smash Champion
Mkay. I accept your apology. Sorry for getting overheated on a website. Not to be too philosophical (debate garbage coming up, sorry in advance) but perceptions of the universe vary enough that I'm not usually inclined to trust them (they change over time - the racism stuff might be a case in point), although I understand your frame of reference enough (I think) because I used to believe universal truths as well. I do trust logic though - that's why I wanted warrants for the matchup (thanks GT for coming around).

Alternatively, just get Esam to admit he was trolling everyone else and I'll never say MK/Pika is even again (unless I, months (probably years) from now, become a Pika boss and learn the MU inside out and conclude differently, which given the dearth of people who disagree, means it's nigh-impossible).

To clarify, don't flame for ignorance and wanting to know, flame for stupidity (refusing to know). Nick Riddle didn't do that, that's why I said he was reasonable and logical.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
>Debating skill = agreeing with the opinions of everyone already in the BBR
>Game knowledge is also basically the same as agreeing with the opinions of matchups/character viability of everyone in the BBR.
Maybe things were different back in my day, I dunno.
You might just be salty or something, so I have no idea~

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Maybe things were different back in my day, I dunno.
You might just be salty or something, so I have no idea~
I'm not salty, I just find it very questionable why some people are in the BBR.
Basically it's outdated and doesn't actually do anything for the community?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Like who? I actually, honestly, want to know. People always throw random jabs in the air like this, but never have the balls to actually name who they're talking about (talking about pretty much everyone who's said the same thing, since forever ago).

I'm not salty, I just find it very questionable why some people are in the BBR.
Basically it's outdated and doesn't actually do anything for the community?
Welp, neither does the grimer Back Room. There's not really much to be done to be honest, everyone's eagerly awaiting Smash 4 whether they admit it or not, and Smash has matured enough to be closer to the true MU chart/tier list than back when the BBR was first made. In the end, if anything, we'll just remain as a club of geeky kids who like to use MK with items.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Naming people in public would result in more flaming and other nonsense, so I wouldn't recommend it. If you have concerns, message people privately that you want to share those concerns with.

Let's get this thread back on topic.

:059:

Thor

Smash Champion
Uh, it was at Wario vs Marth, pretty sure people were discussing Leon and Gluttony - WAY outside anything I might pretend to know. If a shift is appropriate, someone suggest it.

I'll probably just go back to reading this thread now.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Naming people in public would result in more flaming and other nonsense, so I wouldn't recommend it. If you have concerns, message people privately that you want to share those concerns with.

That's what PM's and such were created for. Just saying.

Also, not everything that might seem like it'll create a flame topic, will turn into a flame topic. And to be honest, it is quite on-topic with the match-up chart, in how people's credibility is being questioned. Nothing wrong with that as far as I see. If someone mentions a BBR member who seems to be a total noob, and we know they're not, we can simply provide proof that they're not, simple as that.

I just don't want misconceptions being a reason for people to resent others.

But it's whatever. I guess it wasn't that important in the first place (not like endless rediscussion in the previous MU Chart or Tier List threads even contributed to the next ones in line, anyway, but I digress).

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm so good at this game that I'm not allowed in the BBR
I'm pretty sure the real reason you're not allowed in the BBR is because there is no way a sausage can hold a controller therefore you don't actually have first hand experience with brawl.

also wtf @ coming back to this thread and seeing people talking about racism or whatever, and i thought i was the derailing queen

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I think Thor overdoes it.

In time, he'll be worse than Dark Peach.

Wario vs Marth.
Wario mostly loses.

Let's go to Ice Climber's vs Ganon in TAS land!

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
For anyone else who is just joining us now and also didn't read more than 20 words in any post made in the last day or so, here is a summary:

Thor

Smash Champion
I was overdoing it... to prove a point... that dogmatism is bad... and then arguing that certain arguments made were dogmatic appeals to so-called "common sense" rather than logic...

WHY DOES EVERYONE RIP WHAT I SAY OUT OF CONTEXT!? AND WHY HAS POLICY DEBATE CORRUPTED ME SO!? (and I won't be worse than this Dark Peach person unless people attack things I say without logic and then expect me to agree with them - but if it persists I'll be a million times worse than this Dark Peach person and subsequently banned - but I'll burn that bridge when I get there).

Whining/vague threats aside, what do you mean by TAS land? Is it like, Ganon gets a TAS and ICs fight him (assuming that's even possible...)?

Thor

Smash Champion
Is that really relevant to a matchup chart? And if spacing is perfect, how do they hit each other? Unavoidable Frame-traps?

So then, this is a question of who best frame-traps the other?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Like who? I actually, honestly, want to know. People always throw random jabs in the air like this, but never have the balls to actually name who they're talking about (talking about pretty much everyone who's said the same thing, since forever ago).
Not going to say names, but random zelda mains who don't take the game seriously for one...

I just don't want misconceptions being a reason for people to resent others.
I don't resent anyone in the back room (at least not because they're in the back room), even if I don't think they should be there.

Also Thor, you need to lurk moar.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

I feel like you're overgeneralizing this. An appointed BBR official wouldn't let it steep that low. Instead, they'd find out why such a claim is considered against him/her, and work it out through discussion.

Might be the alcohol talking, but I have faith in the BBR to not act like complete idiots. :applejack:

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I was overdoing it... to prove a point... that dogmatism is bad... and then arguing that certain arguments made were dogmatic appeals to so-called "common sense" rather than logic...

WHY DOES EVERYONE RIP WHAT I SAY OUT OF CONTEXT!? AND WHY HAS POLICY DEBATE CORRUPTED ME SO!? (and I won't be worse than this Dark Peach person unless people attack things I say without logic and then expect me to agree with them - but if it persists I'll be a million times worse than this Dark Peach person and subsequently banned - but I'll burn that bridge when I get there).

Whining/vague threats aside, what do you mean by TAS land? Is it like, Ganon gets a TAS and ICs fight him (assuming that's even possible...)?
Dude.

Chill

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I feel like you're overgeneralizing this. An appointed BBR official wouldn't let it steep that low. Instead, they'd find out why such a claim is considered against him/her, and work it out through discussion.

Might be the alcohol talking, but I have faith in the BBR to not act like complete idiots. :applejack:
You said something positive?
You must be falling on your face.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The BBR will never be complete until the best :zerosuitsamus: is in it aka Teevee. Nick Riddle is a top 5 :zerosuitsamus:, but not as good as his idol Teevee.

:018:

Thor

Smash Champion
I have no idea what's going on anymore. And my dad hates that I play video games... my mom doesn't like it either... odds of them having actually been involved in the scene are zero (and thus the odds I'm related to this Dark Peach are equivalently zero).

By "lurk moar" (because I still don't understand how to attribute quotes) do you mean post less?
How come I've never heard of Teevee? I only know of like Salem and Nick Riddle... so far out of it :urg:.

If I want to MM people, I will instead save myself the time I'd spend losing and set fire to the money in my backyard.

SSJ4_KIRBY_YOLO_SWAG69, I WILL JUMP INSIDE MY FREEZER! (okay this last line is actually trolling)

Thor

Smash Champion
It's trolling because I'm not actually able to fit inside either of the freezers I have downstairs, and my parents would kill me if I removed enough food for me to fit. I also might just asphyxiate if I actually get the freezer shut.

Oh wait... I see what you did there.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I have no idea what's going on anymore. And my dad hates that I play video games... my mom doesn't like it either... odds of them having actually been involved in the scene are zero (and thus the odds I'm related to this Dark Peach are equivalently zero).

By "lurk moar" (because I still don't understand how to attribute quotes) do you mean post less?
How come I've never heard of Teevee? I only know of like Salem and Nick Riddle... so far out of it :urg:.

If I want to MM people, I will instead save myself the time I'd spend losing and set fire to the money in my backyard.

SSJ4_KIRBY_YOLO_SWAG69, I WILL JUMP INSIDE MY FREEZER! (okay this last line is actually trolling)
The TeeVee thing is an inside joke, don't worry.

Thor

Smash Champion
It was funnier when I posted back then now.

But, I figured I was trolling and you then trolled back by saying I could actually fit inside my freezer. I pointed out (in the striked-out text) that I couldn't do that but then realized you were just trolling back.

Also, I'd say it'd have been funnier if way back he told me he needed to arrest me, because then he's the cop and I'm the one who needs to... well... freeze.

Thanks for clarifying about Teevee. I found of vid of theirs, still gonna watch it.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
This is the worst i have ever seen this thread OR the tier list thread

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
It was funnier when I posted back then now.

But, I figured I was trolling and you then trolled back by saying I could actually fit inside my freezer. I pointed out (in the striked-out text) that I couldn't do that but then realized you were just trolling back.

Also, I'd say it'd have been funnier if way back he told me he needed to arrest me, because then he's the cop and I'm the one who needs to... well... freeze.

Thanks for clarifying about Teevee. I found of vid of theirs, still gonna watch it.
I figured you'd have caught on by now...

I guess Anthropomorphic Cat Things have a +4 MU against Norse gods :p

This is the worst i have ever seen this thread OR the tier list thread
Don't you remember the Ontario Invasion of Tier List thread V7?

Thor

Smash Champion
Eh no, it's more like most Smashers have a +4 on me in social skills and Smash. And in sense of humor (mine's truly terrible).

But in Brawl, I can barely beat this one guy's Ganondorf as Falco. (Granted, he's probably our best in state Smasher, but he doesn't main Ganondorf... not by a long shot). AS FALCO (my backup). As a start, need to get better at following up the chain meteor (like practice fastfall footstool or grabbing ledge quickly to respond or something, instead of landing on stage and seeing they've already got the edge).

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071

Thor

Smash Champion
Someone direct me to this Ontario Invasion of Tier List thread v7.

I can only pray I get the skills to falsify that currently true statement, or at least parts of it.

SO, someone inform me more about the Pikachu-Kirby matchup! Chart says it's even (I think?). I don't know much about it besides I hate facing the MN Kirby I know (he mains Kirby, won the last tournament held here, actually is top 3 for sure in Brawl here). I'm so bad at dealing with bair (besides not going into the air...). And if I can deal with the MU better I can focus on improving.

So how is this matchup supposed to look on paper? From everything I've seen/played it's just awkward all-around (although I suck so I don't give my experience much worth) - Kirby's bair seems to beat all of Pika's aerials (or does it trade with dair or nair?) Grounded tilts seem about equal, Kirby does have KO moves because of Pika's range but Pika can kill Kirby for the same reasons.

(I know this is a stretch but we want on topic right? This counts as on topic right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom