• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Matchup Chart v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I find spammy and campy characters to be much worse than grab-heavy chars. I may dislike playing against Marth but for some reason I hate playing against a halfway decent Pit, Link, lucario, etc... Funny because for most of them i can absorb stuff but it's like, if I don't have the lead for whatever reason and I wanna approach for some reason (trust me it does happen), it's like, AD past the projectiles, get hit by the spammy smash.

Olimar can die.

Now, with that rage out of the way, America definitely refers to USA on the boards (something I picked up ages ago).

If you look at USA vs. the world, you'll notice Ally and Zero were on the world team.

Is it odd that I have stronger links to Canada (via watching/chatting on streams) than I do to America?

Actually Pokemaster is right, commentators that converse with the stream are really awesome. Wish more commentators did that... :p

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Pretty sure I recall him saying essentially the exact same thing (ie Japan's Snakes are good but still nowhere near as good as Ally's) quite a few months ago. And I don't remember him saying anything to the contrary.
gheb meat-rode japanese snakes for years. the snake boards got frustrated pretty often.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
You're right. It was USA vs The World. We made the distinction. If we had said America, that could have been very confusing. Terms are used in context. Yes, "American" usually refers to US citizens, but when referring to regions, it's pretty common to say something like "The best MKs in America are M2K, Nairo, Ally, and Anti."

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Infractions for V115
InfractionV115

And if we decide to count players who spend an extended period of time in the US, regularly going to their tournaments, as "American", then yes, Ally is American. But so was Zero for the last ~4 months, and so was Mr. R last summer when he spent about a month travelling around the US (and one stop in Canada), and wasn't Shaya in the states for an extended period of time? If I'm remembering that correctly, then he was american for that time period as well.

I apologize if this post came out as incoherent babble that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, it's past 12am here, I'm tired, and only said it so I could justify making the comment about V115.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Alright, then that wasn't the best example.

But on the boards, i've known for years that 'America' commonly refers to USA.

Ah well.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So the 3 definitions for "America" on dictionary.reference.com are
1: United States
2: North America
3: South America

What a useless ****ing word.

Attila_

BRoomer
this word play is frustrating. everyone knew what was meant.

ally is obviously a top player, and the best snake in the world.

now move on.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
InfractionV115

And if we decide to count players who spend an extended period of time in the US, regularly going to their tournaments, as "American", then yes, Ally is American. But so was Zero for the last ~4 months, and so was Mr. R last summer when he spent about a month travelling around the US (and one stop in Canada), and wasn't Shaya in the states for an extended period of time? If I'm remembering that correctly, then he was american for that time period as well.

I apologize if this post came out as incoherent babble that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, it's past 12am here, I'm tired, and only said it so I could justify making the comment about V115.
I said "US citizen" not 'US visitor'. :p

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Productive discussion? Alright

I think Sopo beats Diddy Kong because of 9B vs ADHD.

+4 Sopo's favour.

Diddy vs ICs is even though, Nana is holding Popo back.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Wish razer didn't retire and fatal wasn't lazy(he just kinda does his own thing now). Snake doesn't have any good representation in the states anymore :(

Also falco vs snake is -1 snake imo. Frame traps snake, beats him up close, cg spike to mix up and lazers/ reflector to stop grenades... ugh he's so good. If you're playing snake in this match up and your spacing is not on point and you can't read the falco player you lose. :urg:

Ic's vs diddy is at least +1 for ics. I'd say 65-35ish in ics flavorrrr

Attila_

BRoomer
both falco and snake have really large flaws, and they both excel at exaggerating each others flaws.

falco juggles snake really well, but can't really kill snake.

snake has trouble getting in and doing damage, but edgeguards and pressures falco's recovery very well.

first stock is kinda super important here. it's probably even at first, but whoever dies first will most likely lose the match.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
i love how much you changed your tune after apex. it's hilarious.
You don't know anything about my opinions on Japan. Hardly anybody actually does.

Edit: Agreed @Sage wrt ICs vs Diddy and Attila wrt how much stock lead matter.

:059:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
After reading the sentence once or twice to attempt to derive context I have concluded that it means "with regards to" but only because I used my brain.
See if you didn't use your brain like an idiot you would know what it truly stands for; "with respect to" :awesome:
Duelist doesn't count you poophead
I was making a weiner joke you poophead

-LzR-

Smash Hero
In the Falco vs Snake discussion, has no one considered Snakes great GR chaingrab on Falco? It's actually a big deal so Falco should actually avoid FD in this MU. You can grab release Falco to the ledge where you can Dthrow them and it's a 50-50 situation. If Falco doesn't roll behind Snake, Snake can easily cover it with whatever he wants and if he rolls behind him, he can do the release all over again.

EDIT: Wow sorry there was suddenly another page so the discussion was old, I'm sure I even doublechecked that it was recent. Oh well still

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You don't know anything about my opinions on Japan. Hardly anybody actually does.

Edit: Agreed @Sage wrt ICs vs Diddy and Attila wrt how much stock lead matter.

:059:
Its amazing how little people seem to know about your thoughts and opinions despite how much you talk...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
After reading the sentence once or twice to attempt to derive context I have concluded that it means "with regards to" but only because I used my brain.
>Because people use the acronym "Wrt" all the time.

It's really interesting how 15-20 years ago, no one used acronyms/emoticons nearly as much as before. I think this generation has really become quite computer oriented as well as more digitized/modernized to the point a new language has basically been developed via texting.

In my class today, my students saw me use ") :" when I was giving them context clues (To make it more 11-12 year old appropriate English rather then use my large vocabulary words) and having them fill in an answer. I find that really interesting.

:018:

Attila_

BRoomer
In the Falco vs Snake discussion, has no one considered Snakes great GR chaingrab on Falco? It's actually a big deal so Falco should actually avoid FD in this MU. You can grab release Falco to the ledge where you can Dthrow them and it's a 50-50 situation. If Falco doesn't roll behind Snake, Snake can easily cover it with whatever he wants and if he rolls behind him, he can do the release all over again.

EDIT: Wow sorry there was suddenly another page so the discussion was old, I'm sure I even doublechecked that it was recent. Oh well still
It is quite significant, and not overly difficult to do consistently (iirc there is a 3 frame window to perform the boost grab). But it is only possible on FD, and falco shouldn't really be playing on anyway. He can't mixup his recovery there, and really gets stuck in trying to recover. His juggle game also suffers without platforms.

I suppose the extra space might help him to avoid the grab, but it'll happen eventually. Falco should stick to SV/BF/PS1.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
>Because people use the acronym "Wrt" all the time.

It's really interesting how 15-20 years ago, no one used acronyms/emoticons nearly as much as before. I think this generation has really become quite computer oriented as well as more digitized/modernized to the point a new language has basically been developed via texting.

In my class today, my students saw me use ") :" when I was giving them context clues (To make it more 11-12 year old appropriate English rather then use my large vocabulary words) and having them fill in an answer. I find that really interesting.

:018:
Yeah, i've noticed this for a while. Kids in every age learn to associate themselves with something and ours is mainly communication via the internet. I've used smiley-faces in my works occasionally and I know many teachers as well who use smileys and the like. I once even had a teacher who put the comment 'LOL' after an analysis of mine on Macbeth.

I suppose it just comes with the age.

Didn't know you're a teacher btw. That's really cool. ^_^

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Wish razer didn't retire and fatal wasn't lazy(he just kinda does his own thing now). Snake doesn't have any good representation in the states anymore :(
lolwut? Fatal is doing very well in tourneys like he always has. He won a regional last week and one in january. I have no idea where this claim is coming from xD

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I hope that the next MU chart changes the utter bull**** that is MK's +3 on Jiggs. Jiggs' Dair beats Nado, which should make the matchup no better than +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom