• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Matchup Chart v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I mean,

I've been wanting to talk about that for months. ROB vs Jiggs.

MU is Even.

Is it bad that I initially feared Moonbase Alpha when I found myself clicking on one of your links for the first time in a looong while? :ohwell:

That's a true combo? :crazy: Well, it doesn't matter. There are so many pre-requisites in place for this to actaully be a "death combo" that it doesn't really change the MU from a -3 for Jiggs at all. For one, you have to build G&W's damage up to a high enough % where DA will kill. This will probably be over 100%, factoring in DI and bucket-braking. Good luck doing this against G&W. Secondly, at death %'s, you're going to have to get in on Game past all the dtilts and bairs and nairs and smashes and upBs and what have you to land a very short-ranged grab. Third, does this combo even work? I mean, it could have just worked 'cause Wifi..... :smash:

I can't believe you're arguing a troll statement.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Excuse me if I'm cutting in on any current discussion going on here, just wanted to see if there was any idea on when to expect the v3 Matchup Chart?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
With any luck it should be within the next few months, I believe, but then again i'm not a panelist. You'll have better luck asking someone like kyo, V115, Bubbaking or Seagull Joe. =)

Also since Canada peeps are about, I wanna ask them something but it's kinda off topic and I know we're off-topic here but kinda hoping to get back on and... yeah...?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Had no idea the process was so long ._.

Ah well. I was just curious to see what MUs are getting changed. Mainly Falco's. I'd like to think they'd be improving, at least his MU with Marth. As far as the MU with Pikachu and ICs go, I'm not expecting those to change (for the better anyway).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It really shouldn't be that long, but inactivity from some few panels is seriously hurting it.
We are about 50% done, but active panels are moving actually pretty fast.
I'm pretty sure that if by the 15th-ish of april inactivity is still a problem, the project managers will take a different strategy to try to wrap it up quickly but effectively.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
It really shouldn't be that long, but inactivity from some few panels is seriously hurting it.
I'm pretty sure that if by the 15th-ish of april inactivity is still a problem, the project managers will take a different strategy to try to wrap it up quickly but effectively.
If inactivity is causing the delay, the inactive panels should have all their MUs changed to w/e the other panel wants.

eg if the DK panel is arguing for a -1 against ICs while the ICs panel is trying to get a +3 against DK, but the DK panel is inactive the MU should be defaulted to +3 for ICs because the DK side isn't providing counter arguments.

If 2 inactive panels (say, DK and Ike) both want the MU to change to +1 in their favour the MU shouldn't be changed at all because both panels aren't discussing the MU.

I think this would make things go faster than just waiting for the inactive panels to actually start participating.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Mehhh, not exactly. We've been a fairly active panel and we haven't even gotten through half of the discussions that we want to. The problem, other than inactivity, is that when one side suggests a change, the other side doesn't necessarily agree.....at all. It sounds obvious, but that's it really. :ohwell:

Edit: Shiny, that's what some panelists have suggested but the project leaders have expressly stated that they want all MU changes to be fully agreed upon and/or discussed. No shortcuts. :(

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Bubba, our panel is one of the few very active panels. Our discussions are moving well, even though sometimes the other panel takes a while to respond.
Have you seen the Luigi's discussions? Lucas'? R.O.B.?

Ishey is seriously looking for solutions...

Shiny, that's exactly why I mentioned the "effective" part.
In theory we want a chart as accurate as it can get, so simply changing unactive panels' numbers is not the best course of action...

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I can't believe you're arguing a troll statement.
Do you honestly think I took his +4 comment seriously? That's just ridiculous! What I'm talking about is this 'combo' he said he did. I'm assuming that he actually did some string of attacks like this on someone and I'm wondering if it actually works or if it was just Wifi speaking. Other than that, I'm just reinforcing that Jiggs:G&W sucks because Jiggs is a poopy character. You could actually have a legit 0-to-death combo set-up on G&W and it probably wouldn't matter. :smash:

Bubba, our panel is one of the few very active panels. Our discussions are moving well, even though sometimes the other panel takes a while to respond.
I see what you're saying, but we STILL haven't even started half of our intended discussions. :-|

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Pressure pidge, lets get some Ness MU discussion going because yaywhynot? :p

So Ness vs. Falco, interested to hear opinions on that.
Iunno, I don't main Ness anymore.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
go ahead luko
hi delta-c.o.d (call of duty)
Well I may be going to a major that has live-streaming (well definitely commentary and recording but i'm hoping it'll be live), would you guys be interested in watching at all? I could even try to get on stream and commentate! :p

There's no guarantee i'll be there, i'm 90% sure though that i'll be there at either this one (BAM) or the major in October (whatever it's called), just not sure which one I can go to. Maybe both, maybe only one. I highly doubt I won't be going to either though. :p

But anyway, that's my request I suppose; that you guys be there and support because yaycanadaandaussierelations! :p

You're not maining ness, pidge?? D: O.O

Whyyyyyyyyy? D: D: D:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Awww D that's harsh. :(

Anyway, is the Lucas panel slow? That's kinda odd but also kinda understandable. I'd consider asking if there was a sixth place I could temporarily join to help things move along if I wasn't so bad haha.

I umm, will have more experience soon-ish. :p

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Shiny Mewtwo nailed it. Ness is my best character, I'm just tired of using him.

i also don't play this game anymore rofl

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Well I may be going to a major that has live-streaming (well definitely commentary and recording but i'm hoping it'll be live), would you guys be interested in watching at all? I could even try to get on stream and commentate! :p

There's no guarantee i'll be there, i'm 90% sure though that i'll be there at either this one (BAM) or the major in October (whatever it's called), just not sure which one I can go to. Maybe both, maybe only one. I highly doubt I won't be going to either though. :p

But anyway, that's my request I suppose; that you guys be there and support because yaycanadaandaussierelations! :p
sure, il definitely be interested in watching it. hopefully they give you some stream time if that time comes. if anything just let me know when the date is and who will be streaming :v

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh umm, well if I do go to BAM it'll be on the 17th or 18th of May but there is suddenly a chance I may not be able to go. If I can't, then i'll be at the october one, which from memory I think is... the 11th/12th? :/

Can't exactly remember. :p

Sorry, I realize this is off-topic. I guess we're just.... waiting for a new chart then?

EDIT: Yeah it's 11th-13th of october, that second one. I'll give you guys a heads up which one i'm going to. Maybe with some luck I can make it to both of them! :p

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Guys, i just went to see the votes that SWF is putting on for the next tier list.
And i'm so ****ing tired of all that hate against jigglypuff.
Plus so many of her match-up could just be tweaked a little.
Like, why would some people try to bring Ike higher on the tier list when he goes even with her, who's supposed to remain bottom forever?
It's ****ing stupid.
Same goes with metaknight's match-up and ROB's.
I would even go to say Squirtle as well. I really don't know wich pokemon is effective against Jigglypuff since they're putting pkm trainer as a whole.
Would be FANTASTIC to see an individual match up of those three. Not saying that we should stick with only 1 pokemon when choosing the trainer (because that power depleting gimmick in-game would be *again* stupid), but we could at least help even the pkm trainer mains out there to develop a way of dealing with a character they're playing against.

Is what i think.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I agree that the weight of Jiggs poses a threat against Ike's attack. But he's the one who is most probable to land a WoP against him.
Leaving his Bair aside,
He's totally **** in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom