• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Bait the dsmash! Don't do things that can be crouch cancelled into it, like jabs at low percents! Utilt at low percents **** Peach, with Fox it's a good safe kill move.

Or the easy way: Marth
-Grabs and fsmash.
-Dtilt if they try to recover low, then grab the edge and they can't recover.
-Fthrow/dthrow to dash attack or fsmash. Mix up the throws to mess up their DI.
-Go for tipper kills at 80%. Otherwise you'll have to space alllll day and kill them with the first hit of fowardB then utilt.
That's literally all you need in the match up offensively. You're already good at dashdancing.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Your new matches with Kyle just got posted Joey. The only reason you're bad at it is because you don't know when you can attack.

There were a lot of times when he missed dsmash as you were sitting there DDing and rather than running in to drillshine into grab to uthrow uair or even just running in and grabbing, you just sat there, probably because you're afraid he couild do something again.

You didn't know how to kill him at high percents as well in which utilt ***** her. Definitely bait the dsmash like Jackie said or be so patient that you force him to dash attack your shield or attack you in which then you can usually punish with whatever effective move since Fox *****.

Remember also that when you drillshine, to shine Peach all the way across the stage for maximum damage in case you don't do this :p. Run away and laser better as well. You can do it okay but that's one thing Xander definitely does better than you against Peach(laser running/camping).

You'll get it :)

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Yea the whole camping thing isn't joey's style, he plays more like tim and jeff

which they are super aggressive toward peaches and don't let them move joey needs to find the formula that hurts peaches really. I would go with Jackies suggestion cause I know you have a good marth.

I have some issues against peach with samus still cause I get D smashed ALOT

AXE 09

Smash Master
no, you guys don't understand!

the grizzly is so destructive and overwhelming that even I cannot overcome it

it's simply inescapable, pretty much auto-win for peach

AXE 09

Smash Master
don't worry, they don't understand. they haven't faught a peach that is able to use such a power yet.

but one day, they will experience the horrors of the grizzly and all of its seductive destruction

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Yea the whole camping thing isn't joey's style, he plays more like tim and jeff

which they are super aggressive toward peaches and don't let them move joey needs to find the formula that hurts peaches really. I would go with Jackies suggestion cause I know you have a good marth.

I have some issues against peach with samus still cause I get D smashed ALOT
There's some things that are forced to be universal no matter who you are. Peach is one of those things that is universal for Foxes within laser camping. It's just so good because your speed beats Peach's by a ton as Fox and you can escape from her slow attacks and all.

Joey isn't even neccesarily super aggressive, he's actually pretty DD campy, but he does definitely need to find the right formula for mixing everything in while fighting Peach. Once he gets the Peach matchup down, and apparently the Marth matchup too(lol) then he should be alright for awhile.

AXE 09

Smash Master
you don't need to laser camp with fox to beat peach

you just have to know when to attack, and when to defend. that doesn't mean camp. you CAN camp, but whenever I camp, i eventually get caught, and they'll deal more damage to me than i do to them, and i'll even get gimped many times. i usually do better if i Don't camp, but just space myself accordingly, knowing when i can attack, or when i should defend. this also includes doing fake approaches, or approaching when the opponent might think you're going to fake approach

if the peach does a grizzly though, just give up. put your controller down. you're screwed

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Xander's not good at laser camping versus good people. He'll four-stock nubs like Rusty who don't know how to face it, but he chokes when he's pressured
with my unstoppable Drephen shielding
. Laser camping really isn't necessary at all if you're technically consistent.

Top platform camping versus Peach is hella gay though >:(

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
There's some things that are forced to be universal no matter who you are. Peach is one of those things that is universal for Foxes within laser camping. It's just so good because your speed beats Peach's by a ton as Fox and you can escape from her slow attacks and all.

Joey isn't even neccesarily super aggressive, he's actually pretty DD campy, but he does definitely need to find the right formula for mixing everything in while fighting Peach. Once he gets the Peach matchup down, and apparently the Marth matchup too(lol) then he should be alright for awhile.
joey: im only campy in tourneys but generally yeah im really aggressive and i dont need help on the marth matchup i honestly like truthfully not johning didnt care about that tourney it was just so boring i didnt try on any match except for against the wobbly and when i played silly kyle i didnt try when i played tai but whatever whether you people believe what i say or not doesnt matter to me. peach is my only bad match up.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

you just have to know when to attack, and when to defend. that doesn't mean camp. you CAN camp, but whenever I camp, i eventually get caught, and they'll deal more damage to me than i do to them, and i'll even get gimped many times. i usually do better if i Don't camp, but just space myself accordingly, knowing when i can attack, or when i should defend. this also includes doing fake approaches, or approaching when the opponent might think you're going to fake approach

if the peach does a grizzly though, just give up. put your controller down. you're screwed
you are quite possibly the worst camper on the planet

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord

Like everyone else said you're just kind of bad at camping, I've seen your Fox, so aggressive haha. Sean plays much differently as Fox though.

joey: im only campy in tourneys but generally yeah im really aggressive and i dont need help on the marth matchup i honestly like truthfully not johning didnt care about that tourney it was just so boring i didnt try on any match except for against the wobbly and when i played silly kyle i didnt try when i played tai but whatever whether you people believe what i say or not doesnt matter to me. peach is my only bad match up.
I don't believe you simply because of your mood after each. You were really happy because you finally beat a Peach and when you lost to Tai and told me the look on your face told a whole different story. Say what you want though :)

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol you guys are jerks! i'm the best camper in the world =D

ok so my point is.... you don't need to camp with fox to beat peach

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
Like everyone else said you're just kind of bad at camping, I've seen your Fox, so aggressive haha. Sean plays much differently as Fox though.

I don't believe you simply because of your mood after each. You were really happy because you finally beat a Peach and when you lost to Tai and told me the look on your face told a whole different story. Say what you want though :)
i lost to tai before i beat silly kyle. the tourney was extremely boring. ive already said it was. i mean tai might have beaten me anyways but i really didnt care at the time. right now i regret it but whatever.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
whats with all these random good people now! i wish it was still just ken, isai, and bombsoldier god! hey jeff! we should poke battle! with your good game not your dinky soul silver game you just got.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait unitl I am able to play melee no one around here plays it much, its all about brawl. ****it I hate that stupid game, o wells soon I will be able to blow the dust off my controller and bring back the samus soon.

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm definately gonna start smashing again when i get ungrounded :) it was so much fun playing nicknyte and joey and timmy, why does Andy outrank me now? I didn't think he was better than me, but if he is so be it :)

Edge is Kyle.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
well we werent sure and you hadnt played in forever so yeah everyone needs to try and take my rank! seriously i need practice under pressure and ill keep rubbing it in everyones face until i get dethroned haha!

turnip tosser

Smash Rookie
pffff my sheik should be under that #1 spot cus im pretty sure all your characters got shut down by sheik last time you faced that $hit. its all good though. you know what happens when we play.....

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Sean, why have we never played each other outside of doubles matches?

Not that I'm looking to play a Peach player or anything, since I'm pretty sure everyone knows my feelings towards her.

We should play sometime though, I'll play your Peach and Sheik.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Wooooooooot, slowly but surely I will revive SV...Glad to hear your coming back Joe, I'll hopefully be able to keep you outta trouble.. =p

Umm lets see here.. uhh yeah lol

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Wow those rankings jump started these forums lol. But Joey I got BlazeBlue Let me know when you feel like playing.

-shrugs- well until I see some melee action I just will be beating up on noobs in brawl like I have been until a challenger approaches.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Tim, you might as well just put Joey's icon as pure Fox because his GNW and Falco suck ****, but his fox is mad beast, and update Elvis's icon with a huge "SUCKING" rather than actual characters.
JK <3 Elvis

Top Bottom