• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
K all SV players, I have about $600 left for the league,. so plz name other great prizes I can offer, otherwise, I am gonna go rambo and by all the **** that I want. Or another thing that I should do for the league.

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
Cash is the greatist prize of all. If no then maybe some Giftcards to Dillians, im in need some new gear.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
:) :) K all another small update on the league play. Like I said before league play will begin around the October/November timeframe. First off, I need some people that can help pass out flyers, this way all of SV can attend. But later on this week, or next week.:)

:chuckle: Ok though, when the league play will start, I am going to need any form of ID, I don want to do this but lets just say the company that is helping me do this does not quite trust all of you. Any ID is good as long as ................ well you're you I guess.:laugh: :p I know it's only the end of August and I am giving so much info, but this way the league can be successful and very well prepared for, this is what I am best at. Also when the league starts, it will be $10 dollars per person to get in for 2 weeks (consecutively) It will cost 10 dollars and you are covered for 2 weekends in a row. If you don attend consecutively, you will be charged another 10. (Not my idea, my companies, but it's sort of a good idea to make sure that you attend each week.(considering the cash prizes and all of the great **** I am giving away as prizes, all of you should be able to afford a measly $10 bucks, :p Oh and yeah. I am also covering how you eat and drink and even **** up (mess up) my apartment. The entry:) covers all of this, the prizes, drinks, food, and stuff, and even better prizes that I can get. :)

:) The league is point based so don't just think you can attend one weekend and come out with a $100 dollars in a week. The league is month based (meaning the top 4 players of the month) will compete for prizes. There is only a 1st place and a 2nd place, there shouldn't even be a second place, but I can afford to give more prizes so only 1st and 2nd. 3rd and 4th receive a free entry to the next league weekend.:)

All of these prizes, you can simply purchase if you want at a discount rate if you want since I can do that for you. (For example) if you want to purchase a $50 dollar EB Edge card just give me $40 dollars and you have your $50 EB Edge card. This is called a markdown rate. Basically you only pay 80% of what it is actually worth. Hopefully, this will make people keep coming back. this rate is for all prizes (except for cash obviously)

1st place can choose TWO, of any of the following, but not the same item twice.
2nd may choose any ONE of the following items.
I will also attempt to give consolation prizes so all can win, so more can keep attending. (Also I may give some prizes for simple reasons like sportsmanship or something so at least show each other respect.)

These are the FINALIZED prizes that I have decided.
- $10 EB Gift Card
- $20 EB Gift Card (Gift Cards. These prizes are unlimited, I can give as many of
these as I need to)
- $50 EB Gift Card

- $50 dollar Cash prize (Cash and Nintendo prizes These prizes are limited
because I don have too many of them)
- $100 dollar Cash prize (if this prize is chosen for 1st place, the 2nd prize must be an EB edge card of 20 or less or a Nintendo accessory. (Give others a chance for good prizes, even though I wouldn't either, but that's what the company wants.
- Game Boy Advance (SP and Regular)
- Nintendo DS - Single choice only, (only available for 1st place person or for purchase. (Not many in stock)
- Nintendo Gamecube- Single choice and purchase only for 1st and 2nd place. (Not many in stock)
- Nintendo Accessories such as GCN controllers, (just in case you break yours playing SSBM, j/k, Memory cards, and certain miscallaneous related GCN products
- Video Game SSBM (have a friend that wants it) Get it for them, or do what i do and make them buy it off you, or just need an extra copy for tourney's or parties)

I put the lower gift cards and prizes so the ones who don receive first and second can still maybe get a prize.

:laugh: Please if you have any questions, or even suggestions, I would like to hear them, just give me a call at 520-220-6645. I have not yet deciphered a way to do the point based system, but it WILL be by the end of this week.:laugh:

:) Thx again to LAZ Boy Furniture Galleries for teaming up with Thomas to help me support these events.:)

PS. When the time comes to switch out to SSBB, will discontinue the league play for a few weeks so everyone can adapt to the new game, but after I will continue with the newer series and give out Nintendo Wii related products instead. (The best has yet to come.):chuckle:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!More info on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey Forward, and B-Will, and Taj, **** anyone that lives in AZ. it would be cool if you all could make it to these league events too. Like I said before it won't start till around November but if you could come down to play when it starts it would be great. The only GREAT players around here are Turnup Tosser and Mr. J. There are others too, but they are still improving their skills. it would be cool to play some really good people especially Taj and Forward. If any of you want to come down and play when it starts it would be awesome. i will give an address as soon as I can confirm how many players will prolly be around this way, I can buy the right amount of TV's, Cubes, and FOOD. If y'all could come down though it is cool with me.

AZ = TOO MUCH TALENT

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Gimme some flyers to pass out, and whatever happened to your crew they give up or what?
I'm making better looking flyers right now with pictures and stuff. The crew that I play with, I guess you could say that they are out of commission for a lil while. Since WaveMantis is in school, so is Blacknight, and Priest Revan, and even Charcoal Smasher so all of the players that I play with are in school, so for now, I am CREWLESS. Nobody I know plays smash anymore around here since all of the ones I play with are in school and the only time that they get to play is on the weekends but even then, they don't seem to be playing as much as they used to so for now. I will be the only serious player in SV besides you and Turnup.
Don worry though I will still own both of you so you don have to worry. :laugh: j/k

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
We would but man its just to expensive to drive that far and none of us really have a realiable mode of transpotation not to mention the money it would cost to get there plus how much is the first prize maybe if it's enough we'll consider it but as right now we cant make it but hey thanks for recognize'in.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Ownage O_O I heard your Shiek was stuck in the hospital for 2 weeks cause of sword wounds. Don't make me have to come back to Arizona just to kick yer erse XD

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Fun Fact: because I go to a small school, I get to play football quite close to you guys down in SV. This past week and this coming week, I was/will be very close to you guys. We played Patagonia and will play Valley Union this week. Too bad I can't smash with you guys, but I would if I could.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yo Vec are you playing with me and Sean today?
Yeah, I am goin too, what time are you two playing around. I get off around 6 so if you and Sean are playing late tonight I would be glad to play. If you are playing right now and maybe not playing late I will have to arrange to get over there somehow.

Who else is there? I may bring some people with me.

wolverine3001

Smash Cadet
Well im lost in this, so is this thing still on for november.... Me and some friends live in coolidge but we would be able to drive up there. SO just give me a heads up on this

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Well im lost in this, so is this thing still on for november.... Me and some friends live in coolidge but we would be able to drive up there. SO just give me a heads up on this
yeah it's league play. Like a smashfest every Sat, Sunday, basically. Jus read the first post for more details.

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
Yo Vect, Bk, and Wave. Is was tight playing with you guys last sat it was mad fun. Hopefully we can do it again. I know you guys might got some beef with Mr.J over somethings ( I might too i dont hear from him soon.) And he keeps slippin we can expell him from the Co. County League of Smash. :laugh: * splashes Mr.J in face with HaterAid *:psycho:

wolverine3001

Smash Cadet
Well i really would like to do something like this. we play in coolidge, which is close to Casa Grande. and there really no one around are level. We have a group that we play with and are now looking into seeing what else is out there. haha. SO yeah. But if it come to sunday we are busy. jobs and stuff

navillus

Smash Apprentice
yeah im from coolidge too...... and i would like to know the whole deal and stuff.....def like to get some grade A ownage in some melee....

wolverine3001

Smash Cadet
oh sorry more quistion keep on popping up, so i had to ask. would we have to show up like every day. because that would be really hard for us to put are whole weekend into it

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Turnup, Vect, Blacky, mr. j...give me your honest opinion

I know i've only just started playing wit fox but tell me if he is good or not. Complete Honesty. I know i still have a lot work to do. switching between fox and mario is kind of complicated for me.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
...cool, so i guess my strat is kinda of working, I'm still practing some stuff though. compared to mario s-hop wit fox is a *****

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
is htere anyone gonna go to the NM tourney? I know zarelid and enix are gonna come and i was wanting to know if anyone else was gonna make it.

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
Fox is a good character. Just like any character it takes practice. Fox also gets juggled aka bobbled hella hard too, so you have to keep your feet on the ground when getting attacked. And i didnt even play his fox hardly mr.j you ***. If you remember i 4 stocked everyone in ffa that game BOOYA! I also wanted to say that 1st match i had with vect was sick. Ive never got 91 damage in like 10 secs like vec did to me, but Peaches D- smash on the edge is a savor everytime :]

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Ha, thats funny. I think your vects only comp down here in sv. I might be to(j/k). thanks for the tip.

Oh... and i still want to play against your peach one day.

OMG. the ranking thread got shut down. ...that sux.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Hey coolige guys let us know when you can play like on the weekends and stuff then we'll make plans. Hey if Vec or anyone wanna play smash tonight at SEans were up for it give us a call

Top Bottom