• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

forward

Smash Champion
if b-will has to smoke weed if he loses then you will face the true b-will and trust me it's almost as ugly as his face nah j/k brian *heart*

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
Okay. Seeing as how you guys got stuff to do on sat, i think sometime next week is better for me ( im on vacation.)and you guys. Id do it sunday but im going to a barbaque. If any one from Tucson wants to come let me know.So hit me up and let me know whuts up.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
B-Will said:
lol vectorman is cocky. He needs to play some of us Tucson players so we can put him in his place.
Do you not see the j/k right by all of the post I put. I am not cocky I just act like I am. i don talk **** or anything like SundayOwner and Mr. J. I always put the j/k sign because I have been put in my place already but there is nothing wrong with doing it is there? Especially since everyone except you know that I am kidding.
Even if I were stupid enough to talk all of the worthless **** this world has to offer, I would not because it serves no purpose but you would not understand that since you don know me. I'm not gettin mad but I am not cocky and I will play when serious when I need to play serious but otherwise, I play as if it were for fun or something.
Everybody knows how I play, how good I am already. I have vids and **** so for all I know, you could have already have me beat but I don care, since I'm not cocky like the rest of you. I just want you to think I am.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
forward said:
lol you type a book defending yourself of not being cocky then you say we want you to think you are?
Yes Forward, that's exactly what i want people to think that way people will hopefully start talking **** about me and stuff. it makes matches more fun and for the serious players that know they are better than most (such as yourself) it makes the worse player I guess you could say feel a lil better. I say things for fun, not to actually mean it. It is supposed to be funny. maybe not to the person all the time, but to me it is. :laugh:

it's supposed to be intented to make the other person laugh even though the one making the joke knows that he can't win. It's like a reverse psychology type of thing. Something said to people that are known for being the best in an intended event even though you know that they are most likely better than you are.

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
known unknowns

I dont know whos better then Forward, maybe Jesus if he was a smasher. As for Vectorman you know my peach settles for nothing less then totally domination and im not jk. :laugh:

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Turnup Tosser said:
I dont know whos better then Forward, maybe Jesus if he was a smasher. As for Vectorman you know my peach settles for nothing less then totally domination and im not jk. :laugh:
yeah that Peach of yours is pretty disgusting. Oh yeah we will be over at your house today prolly. Me and my crew so if you are ready to play, we should be there.

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
I thought you had a party to go to today. So ive already made plans for today. im free all next week so let me know.

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
Okay. were back onto to play, just had to inform a family member of my plan changes for today. Be here at 2pm to play.

C

charcoal smasher

hey sorry vectorman i cant make it today. im so worn out from drumline and stuff and beating josh morgan in budokai 3 all day yesterday.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
OMG, alot of good matches today with Turnup and Mr. J. For the first time ever, I can consistently beat Turnup's Peach. Me and Sean had a series of 5 and it went through all 5 games to determine the winner. Today though I was able to beat Sean and his Peach. Mr. J is getting closer and closer to stoping my Falco, so I will hav to up my game a lil bit. good **** with everybody though. We had many laughs and **** thanx to the asian brothers being there. It was a blast. Hope we can do stuff nex week so I can record some matches and stuff. Well until we meet again.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
TemplarPsi said:
sounds like fun, how many people play in sv?
ummmmmm, maybe about 12 people. These are the good ones or at least experienced I guess enough to play.

no rank but in my opinion

Turnup Tosser - Best in SV
Myself -Right freakin behind him 2nd/3rd
Mr J. close between us two 2nd/3rd
Blacknight/WaveMantis -can't decide who is better 4th/5th
Priest Revan/Charcoal - cant decide either 6th/7th (I have yet to see how much Charcoal has improved so he may be better than Blacknight/WaveMantis

The other smashers in the area I have not seen play but I know the people above are most likely better since we all met at the EB games tourney a while back ago.

SV is growing. Watch out, :chuckle: :chuckle:

forward

Smash Champion
12 SV players? Wow nice. Then about 12 Tucson players is that right? **** if we can get all of SV all of Tucson and all of Phoenix we'd easily have a 40 man tourney and that's not counting random local scrubs we could pick up.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
lol, well im gonna play some more smash today if sean wakes up but yeah every single match i played you Vec i could have won, dont worry the more i play you i only get better at reading all your moves

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Mr.Jaskolski said:
lol, well im gonna play some more smash today if sean wakes up but yeah every single match i played you Vec i could have won, dont worry the more i play you i only get better at reading all your moves
I know, I can tell but don worry, I have other strats that I can use that will work so if the one I am using fails, there is another I can go with.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
forward said:
12 SV players? Wow nice. Then about 12 Tucson players is that right? **** if we can get all of SV all of Tucson and all of Phoenix we'd easily have a 40 man tourney and that's not counting random local scrubs we could pick up.
The problem with our state is the competition is so spread out. For the people still under their parents rule, Tucson would be hard to get to from say Phoenix. Where it would probably be the same from Tucson here or SV here etc.

I have been thinking that maybe Labor Day weekend could be good for a tournament since everyone shouldn't be in school. It could give enough notice to maybe attract some OSS, get really organized, etc. B-Will has been expressing interest in making another Tucson tourney, but I wonder with the recent trip to Colorado that a few of our smashers made, that they could get a pull from over there. I think it would be easier to get into Phoenix for OSS but thats just speculation.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sizzle said:
The problem with our state is the competition is so spread out. For the people still under their parents rule, Tucson would be hard to get to from say Phoenix. Where it would probably be the same from Tucson here or SV here etc.

I have been thinking that maybe Labor Day weekend could be good for a tournament since everyone shouldn't be in school. It could give enough notice to maybe attract some OSS, get really organized, etc. B-Will has been expressing interest in making another Tucson tourney, but I wonder with the recent trip to Colorado that a few of our smashers made, that they could get a pull from over there. I think it would be easier to get into Phoenix for OSS but thats just speculation.
Yeah I've mentioned to colorado that they should be in the lookout for the next tourney, especially the huge one I want to host at the University of Arizona. But...yeah phoenix may be a better location possibly who knows. I think you really can't win in regard to where you host it...a lot of tucson players wouldn't show up to phoenix and vice versa. Something to think about I suppose.

forward said:
There are easily more than 12 Tucson players. We never see them all at once at a tourney though. Honestly if all the tucson players showed up, we can get 20+ right there. Next tourney I'm going to do a better job trying to set a date in which is convenient for all of them.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
yeah...this is cool. Mr.J and Vect going at it. So many smashers. Yeah. I really don't have much to say. I just wanted to post. been awhile.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
yeah actually I am trying to put up some of the brackets right now. Only problem is my computer is being gay and won't except some of the names. The program I am using is gay. Ummmmmm. IF you plan on being in it, (League play) I need 2 different tags. That you can use so my computer can recognize it. Example - VECT, VMAN, I just need two tags so the computer can work and go through.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Sorry for dub post. This sux. Most of the SV smashers are in school now. Oh well, ummmm I still need tags from those SV players who plan on being in league play. The rules I have are set and everything. It will start in October, and yes it will. So everybody plan ahead and begin to train and stuff. Hopefully, more of the SV crowd is noticed. League play is on weekends and it cost $5 dollars to get in. This is just to cover for the food and drinks, and the best part, Prizes, so save up and see you in OCtober.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Sorry for dub post. This sux. Most of the SV smashers are in school now. Oh well, ummmm I still need tags from those SV players who plan on being in league play. The rules I have are set and everything. It will start in October, and yes it will. So everybody plan ahead and begin to train and stuff. Hopefully, more of the SV crowd is noticed. League play is on weekends and it cost $5 dollars to get in. This is just to cover for the food and drinks, and the best part, Prizes, so save up and see you in OCtober.
I guess sign me and Sean up for this league play thing we'll wanna play too. And even with school starting again you can promote what your doing and hopefully get some more smashers to play, cause what there's like 2500 kids that go to school with you. Its a fact that some of these people play so make flyers or annoucements whatever it takes to expand the scene.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I guess sign me and Sean up for this league play thing we'll wanna play too. And even with school starting again you can promote what your doing and hopefully get some more smashers to play, cause what there's like 2500 kids that go to school with you. Its a fact that some of these people play so make flyers or annoucements whatever it takes to expand the scene.
I am not in school, Just most of the crew people that I play and train with are. Ummm. ok, well I will have more info on the set and crap for the rules. Now, I am in the process of getting the prizes set up and the flyers.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
:) League Play begins at the End of October/November.:)
:chuckle: Prizes that I have so far are only Nintendo related products such as:chuckle: :
- Game Boy Advance SP
- Nintendo DS
- Nintendo Gamecubes/Gamecube Controllers/Memory Cards/
- Gamecube Games - Super Smash Brothers Melee. (Need more GCN games for great selection prizes, open to suggestions)
- EB Games GiftCards for 10, 20, and 50. (and A LOT of them)
- Swap Smash stats for Prizes. Trade in smashstat value for prizes. (I will explain how smash stats work in a later post.)
- Simply pay cash for certain prizes.
-More prizes are on the way/ I am open for suggestions about prizes. Just send me a PM or post for suggestions. THX.

:p Most items will be at a 20-30% markdown meaning things value of $100 will be around $70-$80.:p

:laugh: It is a good/bad situation. The earlier it starts, the more smash to play but less prizes/people will be available. Start Later and more possibilities open up. Watch around October/November timeframe. Train, Train, Train, Train.
I will post more on ruleset later on this week.
Thanx to /LAZ Boy Furniture Galleries for teaming up with Thomas for sponsoring me to be able to do an event such as this.:laugh: (The best has YET to come.) :laugh: :chuckle:

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Dude thats to far bro, **** thats a lot of stuff how did u get these places to sponsor you?
What, are you saying that I'm broke. I am sponsored by Thomas Home Furnishings and LAZ Boy Furniture Galleries because my father is the manager of both stores and I am assistant manager of both stores at every location in SV, which is Four. The owner Bill Thomas is sponsoring me since I am doing an excellent job so since the grand opening of the Thomas Home Furnishing buildings where Atlas and Gallery Furniture used to be I was given a $2500 dollar gift/contract with them. I am only able to do this because of the owner of the company. I may be only 18, but I have a great job. All the Smash stuff that I do, I do BIG. This league stuff is no regular tourney or league thing, it is literally a LEAGUE it will last hopefully half a year and then when Brawl comes out, I hope to cintinue this. this is is the big ****. I am doing this for all of the SV smash players, not for myself. Remember look around November/October timeframe. i should have everything set up by then. Also, this is not even that big in most places. I can only do this because of the owner and since I am assistant manager. THIS WILL BE BIG so SV players be ready. More prizes on the way as well, I just need more suggestions for prizes unless the ones I have are good enough. All prizes must be cash or Nintendo related though since SSBM is Nintendo related.

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
Wow. Looks like you are really set on making things happen down here Vman. Kudos to you and all your sponsers for the league. If theres prizes to be won, im always in need of free things, so sign me and Mr.J up for sure. Allaboutpeach, me and my comrad J would love to come to NM to smash and rep AZ all up in your face but it just isnt feasible for me or him at the moment. But if you are ever gona be in the cochise county area let us know.

Top Bottom