• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

C

charcoal smasher

nope he isn't that good anymore. i would probably beat him, plus i dont think he knows how to wavedash anyway.

C

charcoal smasher

ok i might not be on until 5:30 i got drumline practice tomorrow :(

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Well this is the stupid vid I was talkin about. This was about 6 or 7 months ago. I think. Well pretty long ago. I can't believe I used to play like this and that Priest was BAD. I think it's funny. I make him look stupid. NO WD for Priest and I was a slow WD bak then.
Funny vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls90FmFeRWk :chuckle: :chuckle:

shows how much people can change in a short amount of time. You think?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
BlackKnight23 said:
too bad i don't get ***** like wave and preist so u ain't got no dirt on me chump :chuckle:
WTF :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Are you talking **** blacknight? cause if you are we need to settle this. Me...*****...HA! :laugh:

Anyway, I prbly wont b gettin back on tonight. gotta go back to work. :cry:
We should get together tommorow and play. I got the day off. :chuckle:

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
wheres the old me and you where i used to use doc huh? wait until tomarrow i will give u one to post.. and don't be like u didn't wavedash but i still u a h3ll of a fight

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Where is the vid Blacknight? Yo charcoal. I need to get some vids of me and you playing as well. I need to get some of me and you before you start school again. When can we play each other?

C

charcoal smasher

im aiming for saturday just going to beg my mom. :) who knows she might say yes.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Sizzle said:
I don't understand how you can have the fastest wavedash...they all are the same speed...
Not exactly. Wavedash has diff speeds. but the only problem is that the speed of a WD does not actually help in a match. It may, to some but generally serves no purpose. If you want to see diff speeds. On one of the links above. I am playing WaveMantis, that has many different speeds of a WD. But one is not peticularly better than the other.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
V3ctorMan said:
Not exactly. Wavedash has diff speeds. but the only problem is that the speed of a WD does not actually help in a match. It may, to some but generally serves no purpose. If you want to see diff speeds. On one of the links above. I am playing WaveMantis, that has many different speeds of a WD. But one is not peticularly better than the other.
lol judging by your vids you sure do like to wavedash.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

yeah. Perhaps a lil bit too much. It looks better than running. So I try to do it anywhere I go so I can get it down without messing up and doin airdodges.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
V3ctorMan said:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

yeah. Perhaps a lil bit too much. It looks better than running. So I try to do it anywhere I go so I can get it down without messing up and doin airdodges.
Haha dunno maybe, maybe not. looking forward to our mm. You'll be able to see how I play and maybe learn something. And yes, I'm better than I make myself out to be but I'm no forward.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I was wonderin when and how long you were gonna think I thought that you were not good but word gets around. So, Do you have any tips you wouldn't mind givin me or was the vid ok. Jus help me out a lil plz. When do you have another tourney scheduled for. do you know yet or are you still thinking of even making one.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
V3ctorMan said:
I was wonderin when and how long you were gonna think I thought that you were not good but word gets around. So, Do you have any tips you wouldn't mind givin me or was the vid ok. Jus help me out a lil plz. When do you have another tourney scheduled for. do you know yet or are you still thinking of even making one.
EDIT......

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yeah I thought so. I agree with you on the map control part. Well it's a lil difficult for me to play since I don't have any general idea of what works on who. I just know the people I play can't quite handle how I play. This is where the overused WD comes handy. I don SHFFL to much because I have not quite mastered it yet. I have the speed of it down, but time after time Falco will turn around and shoot and I have not yet to control that yet.

Thx for the tips and stuff. By the way the reason I asked for tips is because unlike most of the smash community, I did not get a GCN and SSBM on release date in 2001. I got mine about 4 months ago (beginning of May) I don have the experience like you and your crew have. That is why I am gladly taking tips so I can know what to work on. I play the same people all the time. I basically learned by watchin vids. On the advanced techniques, I did not learn any of the advanced techniques till about a month ago. I had no idea what WD and EDGEHOG and all of the advanced techniques that this game has. When I saw though I knew that I needed to practice it. I just hope I will be able to compete with your crew up there. I am not sure if this is considered a good thing, but despite the little experience that I have, I have managed to defeat everyone who is down here in SV at least once. There is one in peticular though that I cannot quite beat consistently though and that is Turnup Tosser and his PEACH. I thought sheik would be good against her and that is when my liltle experience of the game came and slapped me in the face. sheik is generally good against her but not my sheik. I can beat anybody else though down here on a constant level. Turnup right now is the only one in my way for props for best smasher in SV (that I am aware of) Hopefully I can make it up there for the next tourney so I can see how far my experience can take me and to see where I stand.

Well thx for the tips and if you and any of your crew hav tips or advice that could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it any time.

Oh yeah, by the way, Have you played Turnup Tosser or Mr. J? How did they do against you? If you've played them.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
V3ctorMan said:
Yeah I thought so. I agree with you on the map control part. Well it's a lil difficult for me to play since I don't have any general idea of what works on who. I just know the people I play can't quite handle how I play. This is where the overused WD comes handy. I don SHFFL to much because I have not quite mastered it yet. I have the speed of it down, but time after time Falco will turn around and shoot and I have not yet to control that yet.

Thx for the tips and stuff. By the way the reason I asked for tips is because unlike most of the smash community, I did not get a GCN and SSBM on release date in 2001. I got mine about 4 months ago (beginning of May) I don have the experience like you and your crew have. That is why I am gladly taking tips so I can know what to work on. I play the same people all the time. I basically learned by watchin vids. On the advanced techniques, I did not learn any of the advanced techniques till about a month ago. I had no idea what WD and EDGEHOG and all of the advanced techniques that this game has. When I saw though I knew that I needed to practice it. I just hope I will be able to compete with your crew up there. I am not sure if this is considered a good thing, but despite the little experience that I have, I have managed to defeat everyone who is down here in SV at least once. There is one in peticular though that I cannot quite beat consistently though and that is Turnup Tosser and his PEACH. I thought sheik would be good against her and that is when my liltle experience of the game came and slapped me in the face. sheik is generally good against her but not my sheik. I can beat anybody else though down here on a constant level. Turnup right now is the only one in my way for props for best smasher in SV (that I am aware of) Hopefully I can make it up there for the next tourney so I can see how far my experience can take me and to see where I stand.

Well thx for the tips and if you and any of your crew hav tips or advice that could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it any time.

Oh yeah, by the way, Have you played Turnup Tosser or Mr. J? How did they do against you? If you've played them.
Why don't you ask them?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Don't give up hope so easily Charcoal. YOu just need to practice. your only as good as you think you are. Trust me.
After that tournament in SV at EB i thought i sucked so i played like crap for weeks after that. but know i'm finally coming back out.

Oh...i don't have any beef wit u blacknight...i was just a little peeved at what you said.

...oh yeah, I may not have the fastest wavedash but i still look cool doing it. i don't think ill post that sig anymore.

k i'm done

C

charcoal smasher

yeah i need to play against real people instead of computers. oh and by the way i cant use shiek anymore. im kind of sad now :cry:

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Kind words you wrote up top vector man, long words but kind. Ive played B-Will only once and that was at the 3rd tucson tourney and it was only for 1 match. Unfortunatly me & Mr.J had to leave early before the singles tourney got under way. I remember beating B-Will the one match we had, but he seemed rushed too play a team tourney match that 3 others were waiting on him for. I got to see B-Will play a bit and he did some cool shield to waveslid to shield move to keep a fox bouncing in the air above him. I wish i could have played a decent best 2 out of 3 with you B since that is a true determination of skill. Mr.J has played B-Will more then i have but i dont recall any memorial moments. In other news though, my crib is open to all smashers - THIS SATURDAY 2:00pm - 5:00 pm - all are welcome. If any one needs more details feel free to ask.

C

charcoal smasher

Hi turnip im a friend of v3ctorman. i would like to come to your house and play some smash i would just have to deal with my mom and everything. i know i wouldn't stand a chance against your peach if you always beat v3ctorman with her but i will sure try.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Turnup Tosser said:
Hey guys. Kind words you wrote up top vector man, long words but kind. Ive played B-Will only once and that was at the 3rd tucson tourney and it was only for 1 match. Unfortunatly me & Mr.J had to leave early before the singles tourney got under way. I remember beating B-Will the one match we had, but he seemed rushed too play a team tourney match that 3 others were waiting on him for. I got to see B-Will play a bit and he did some cool shield to waveslid to shield move to keep a fox bouncing in the air above him. I wish i could have played a decent best 2 out of 3 with you B since that is a true determination of skill. Mr.J has played B-Will more then i have but i dont recall any memorial moments. In other news though, my crib is open to all smashers - THIS SATURDAY 12:00 noon - 5:00 pm - all are welcome. If any one needs more details feel free to ask.
haha yeah i wasnt really playing hard cause like you said i was rushed. next time we meet ill play hard and see what happens; maybe you'll still beat me who knows. we all need to play sometime; maybe i'll make it up there sometime. i would have even considered going up there on sat to your smashfest but parents are coming down maybe next sat.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
yeah That would be awesome if we could go to your crib on Saturday. I will bring Wavemantis, Blacknight, priest Revan, and Hopefully Charcoal (who you have not met yet. He is a fox user. That would be awesome if we all could make it. So I can **** your PEACH. j/k

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
Sounds good you guys are welcome to come play then. I havent heard from Mr.J so i dont know if he will show. If anyone from tucson has the free time ( and gas ) to come down here and play there more then welcome. Also Nogales is welcome to come but i never even hear from those fools anymore.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I can't wait till Saturday so I can **** EVERYONE who goes. Yeah i said everyone noobies. j/k (That's right, think I'm serious even though I am. he he he he he

Turnup Tosser

Smash Rookie
Hey. I had to change the times a little bit. Show up around 2:00 pm not noon like i had said. Sorry for any inconvience. but well still smash till 5:00 pm or later if you like.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
hey Turnup are you able to do your smashfest type thing on Sunday as well. We may not be able to make it since Priest's party will be on Saturday as well. You know only 1 party per year. I want to go to party cuz (it's free food and I eat the most anyway) but I want to go to smashfest cuz I will always win. j/k. FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYY. But what about Sunday as well.

We still may make it anyway but Sunday would be good tooo.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
V3ctorMan said:
hey Turnup are you able to do your smashfest type thing on Sunday as well. We may not be able to make it since Priest's party will be on Saturday as well. You know only 1 party per year. I want to go to party cuz (it's free food and I eat the most anyway) but I want to go to smashfest cuz I will always win. j/k. FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYY. But what about Sunday as well.

We still may make it anyway but Sunday would be good tooo.
lol vectorman is cocky. He needs to play some of us Tucson players so we can put him in his place.

C

charcoal smasher

ill try and make it on saturday not making any promises though. if i can i will probably need a ride though wave because i dont know where turnip lives.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
B-Will said:
lol vectorman is cocky. He needs to play some of us Tucson players so we can put him in his place.
yo he is cocky but once u get him to the last stock u will face the true vectorman and it is not a pretty sight

Top Bottom