• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
upstage look the thing between me and patrick(everyone it's okay) is settled so if you think that you can handle me lets settle this with a money match :chuckle: but otherwise you arent worth the time
Upstage is looking to get upstaged lol

mikey me and you 1# spot looks like i'm gonna have to poot on you :chuckle: lets hope falco's chain grab can back you up this time your snake is geting better though i have a few more tricks up my sleeve lol

also joey should have used his best at the same time i wasn't using mine neither i was using snake, fox and toon link, don worry i still play melee(not really) only for kicks though

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Brawl=Tiers are for Queers

Melee=still fun but, quit whinig about brawl noone is making anyone play

Tim/Mikey vs Jeff/Joey=Tim what were you thinking JK XD

WHY are people b****ing about my grammar(umm last time i checked i graduated)

thats about it for today

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
People want others to play Melee too because it is superior. Brawl players don't realize this or are living in denial from the truth. They'd have more fun if they played Melee and took the time to learn the ropes.

Unfortunately, winning $50 at every tournament and being high on the BARLW Power Rankings is apparently high on their to-do list on an INFERIOR GAME.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
People want others to play Melee too because it is superior. Brawl players don't realize this or are living in denial from the truth. They'd have more fun if they played Melee and took the time to learn the ropes.

Unfortunately, winning $50 at every tournament and being high on the BARLW Power Rankings is apparently high on their to-do list on an INFERIOR GAME.

look i main samus in melee i know all tricks but as i stated before, also brawl does take skill depending on what character u use idc what other people may say or think everyone picks what game they want i like both, more so brawl cause of character selction i say play melee if you want don critize a game you get beat because of a noob
if you are a TRUE gamer you would adapt and not whining

i repeat
melee=stop whining noone is forcing you too play brawl it is just MLG likes to move on sorry for you

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
No, sorry.

I am not whining about not being able to adapt and getting beaten. I'm way past that. Usually at a tourney, regardless of whether I win or lose, I'm the first guy to say, "good game" and possibly even shake their hand.

I've been trying to improve my Melee game (as well as my Brawl one lawl) over these past few months since I started playing last December. Isn't it shocking about my join date that I think Melee is better than Brawl?

Brawl character strategies:

[REMEMBER THIS IS BRAWL! SO IT'S EASY TO PULL THIS STUFF OFF!]

Falco: D-Throw CG then Dair off edge; Dash Attack to U-Smash; Kill with F-Smash usually; Spam Lasers
ROB: Spam and camp projectiles; Kill with Nair or Fsmash; Sidestep dodge and D-Smash for DMG
Dedede: Spam Waddle Dee's/Doo's and Gordo's; Spam Bair; CG; Kill with U-Tilt
Snake: F-Tilt out of shield; Kill with U-Tilt
Meta Knight: Spam everything especially Up-B and D-Smash for kills.
Game and Watch: Consistently spam Bair; Kill with all smashes but usually with D-Throw to D-Smash

I could go on but basically, Brawl is so stupidly simplified.

Also, MLG is ******** now. And so is EVO. All of them suck.

In Melee, it actually took skill to play. But in Brawl, you can literally get anyone you face down to at least one stock if you play smart consistently throughout the whole match (and campy). The gap is so small that anyone can win. But Brawl is more character dependent than Melee. It's so unbalanced.

I'm glad that, in general, the Smash community is starting to get tired of Brawl and is starting to move back to Melee.

EDIT: And V-man, what happened to Melee > Brawl in the title? :[

Duff0

Smash Ace
No, sorry.

I am not whining about not being able to adapt and getting beaten. I'm way past that. Usually at a tourney, regardless of whether I win or lose, I'm the first guy to say, "good game" and possibly even shake their hand.

I've been trying to improve my Melee game (as well as my Brawl one lawl) over these past few months since I started playing last December. Isn't it shocking about my join date that I think Melee is better than Brawl?

Brawl character strategies:

[REMEMBER THIS IS BRAWL! SO IT'S EASY TO PULL THIS STUFF OFF!]

Falco: D-Throw CG then Dair off edge; Dash Attack to U-Smash; Kill with F-Smash usually; Spam Lasers
ROB: Spam and camp projectiles; Kill with Nair or Fsmash; Sidestep dodge and D-Smash for DMG
Dedede: Spam Waddle Dee's/Doo's and Gordo's; Spam Bair; CG; Kill with U-Tilt
Snake: F-Tilt out of shield; Kill with U-Tilt
Meta Knight: Spam everything especially Up-B and aerials for kills.
Game and Watch: Consistently spam Bair; Kill with all smashes but usually with D-Throw to D-Smash

I could go on but basically, Brawl is so stupidly simplified.

Also, MLG is ******** now. And so is EVO. All of them suck.

In Melee, it actually took skill to play. But in Brawl, you can literally get anyone you face down to at least one stock if you play smart consistently throughout the whole match (and campy). The gap is so small that anyone can win. But Brawl is more character dependent than Melee. It's so unbalanced.

I'm glad that, in general, the Smash community is starting to get tired of Brawl and is starting to move back to Melee.

EDIT: And V-man, what happened to Melee > Brawl in the title? :[

I love you

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Heh.. you know what I agree.. gimme a sec

Man Kosuke, Duff0 You guys are ****ing awesome... you need to live or better yet come and visit sv so we can have like a round robin or something it'd be pretty cool... I just only wish we could get more people to understand what you explained in the above post..Have you looked at any brawl tournament results lately.. I guarantee you you'll find snake, falco, rob, meta......pretty much the only four characters you'll (MOST LIKELY) see at the top....

Don you miss the good ole days when you'd go to a tournament seeing.. idk. Taj's -MEWTWO get first place.. or like Axe's PIKACHU getting it.. or Hanki's YOUNG LINK.. or.... HugS - Samus.. or.. Germ's - LINK. or Eggz MARIO.. i mean come on...

Now it's just..........bleh

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
It's true though. Brawl is just really not a good competitive game.

Anything that removes a whole major strategy without offering anything substantial to replace it would fall under the category of crappy and make a game shallow (HINT: Brawl).

Removing combos makes the game more shallow.

Removing wavedashing and more importantly dashdancing as alternate forms of movement remove lots of possible options, making the game more shallow.

Auto sweetspotting removes the on-stage edge guard game with the exception of projectiles, making the game more shallow.

Being able to float back to the stage from anywhere because of lack of gravity, especially combined with the ability to do things after you air dodge, further weakens even the off stage edge guard game, albeit not removing it entirely, making the game more shallow.

Some might say in response that the ground game gains in importance, but that was an already existing facet, and does nothing to replace the dimensions lost. The focus has shifted and lessened the variety of options, thus making the game more shallow.

It's not a matter of whether I like it or not, or whether you like the changes. The fact, pure and objective, is that when you remove options without offering viable replacements you end up with a more shallow game, and a more shallow game is decidedly less competitive. And no, items do not count.

Melee is better.

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
well idk if you guys have noticed but Melee has run its course. MLG dropped it for Brawl.
dont get me wrong Melee is a fun great game and ill play it from time to time, but there arent going to be any more major tournaments for it anymore. now the major tournaments are for Brawl.

Snake, Falco, ROB, or Meta Knight (predictable tournament winners right?)
it really doenst matter who the person uses but more like the level of skill that person is at with a character.
example: im pretty sure there are ppl who can beat players like DSF using a character like Yoshi.

Alot of ppl say that Brawl takes no skill. Well ppl say that because they are comparing it to Melee. they are comparing how much it takes to get good between the two games. and ill admidt it Melee is harder to get good at then Brawl is. but Brawl does require skill to play.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
well idk if you guys have noticed but Melee has run its course. MLG dropped it for Brawl.
dont get me wrong Melee is a fun great game and ill play it from time to time, but there arent going to be any more major tournaments for it anymore. now the major tournaments are for Brawl.

it really doenst matter who the person uses but more like the level of skill that person is at with a character.
example: im pretty sure there are ppl who can beat players like DSF using a character like Yoshi.

Alot of ppl say that Brawl takes no skill. Well ppl say that because they are comparing it to Melee. they are comparing how much it takes to get good between the two games. and ill admidt it Melee is harder to get good at then Brawl is. but Brawl does require skill to play.
.......Falco?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Even then you don't have enough proof to back up what you are trying to say... or even prove.... You along w/many of the other people here besides myself and axe would even come to understand what it's like....something as advanced and complex that melee is.. jumps into a game of roll, dodge, attack, and block... the diversity of the game has changed to much of an extent level and to you.. and some others it is difficult to see because you haven't accomplished or been through what say Jeff has.... all the work and effort you put into melee actually mean something...

Even here in this thread i have a Brawl power rankings... and there are two main reasons why axe and myself are at the bottom.. The first Main reason.. we as ourselves and our opinions do not like brawl.. 2nd..look at it.. you guys always say i complain...and ur right.. i am.. but you don't understand why... Mike, you train for Brawl.. Carlton trains.. many of you train and play brawl learning new moves etc... Jeff and I can merely LOOK at what you do.. and with the simplicity this game offers.. can simply copy and manipulate it into our own games since the concept is so simple... Also.. there is nothing significant about it... Brawlchamp (mikey) for the time being is the #1 player in sv... and yet both Jeff and myself have the capabilities of beating his very good falco... WE don't even practice the game.. and yet can contend with the top players....(it makes no sense) there is no need to practice in brawl.. the only thing that needs practice is a players patience and approach to their opponent.. otherwise it's simply roll, smash, dodge, repeat, in a concept based on character you are fighting

As for the tier part... look at the brawl rankings we have.. Brawl champ plays a falco, deltron plays, wario, revan plays rob...ANYONE can play a metaknight......axe plays a toon link...mostly everyone on that ranking uses a repeated character someone else uses.. I simply use a Trainer, Sonic, and can rightfully claim wins.. still.... HONESTLY what is there to practice besides my approach..there is nothing to practice...since there is nothing in general to practice since nothing is advanced... well no there are advanced moves but they're not essentially difficult

the game is too repetetive snake f-tilt metaknight anything.. rob.. aerials and projectiles.. wario.........hmm well wario's fun to watch...falco..chain grab...even then.. i see eveyrone do the same thing here when they play brawl and that's roll or neutral dodge of some sort.. followed up by a smash.....it's really boring watching 7 minutes of that.. and the top 2 players here do it the most.. deltron and brawlchamp..it's really lame...

I played Mikey doing exactly that... rolling dodging.. and smashing.. or tilting w/snake.. and boohoo guess what i happend to win... and you want me to be proud of that.... there is nothing that makes me proud in brawl since at the time there is nothing challenging or competetive about it... perhaps later there will be a purpose for now....there's nothing close

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
(carlton talking) sigh i don't train i simply watch and learn yeah it's simple and it did come down to melee (was all that for not?) it does not matter what anyone says i live in the middle and all i want is melee with more characters honestly i get bored of both (not cause i get beat) because it's the same

melee-who knows more advanced moves
brawl-who can be gayer

i can maintain skill in both so i vowed to play fox in brawl and show that skill does exist in brawlbut you guys can have your melee moments but when comes down to it they both have their ups and downs just what do you want to play at the time

i love my 360 nintendo pissed me off and thats it

Super smash bros 4 ladies(gawd i wish this was true) melee mechanics with over 50 characters....sigh (then i woke up)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
amen to that carlton.....just a serious thing... i mean.. nothing against brawl.. but.. honestly.. players who are more into brawl are merely in denial.. it's is plain obvious melee is the better game and yes even melee does indeed have it's boring moments... but... brawl.. .. has more.... they're both great games.. just melee is the greater

and hell yeah man we need to play some xbox get some UT III going.. wooo..or something

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
its just iam not gonna take another beatdown like we took at one two step sitting down we got embarrassed but made up in melee but....it really didn't seemed the same sorry jeff, tim i know how it feels to beat the people you looked up to after training so hard to mean nothing

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
stilll going to play brawl and melee doesn't matter though i have unreal tournament III(which requires way more skill than both these games) but i play melee if i feel like it but until i train fox to top shape in brawl i am not going to get back into melee just yet sorry:bee:

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord

Woah Woah Woah, this guy right here is right!^ my yoshi isn't amazing, like at all, but I'm still working with him, and if the tiers tipped the scales in brawl, There are a few of us who are gonna make the comeback we can with our low and mid tiers, like for example, Lights peach in brawl is amazing, or I play yoshi, not very well, but I try my best and I can compete with carltons wario, and most of our matchs are close, brawl relys upon counter picking and decision making... Melee requires a LOT more skill to play, but even some of the old HUGE arizona melee players are completely sucked into brawl, like Forward and Taj, because thats where the money is now, so you guys can play melee for fun, but as far as anything more than friendlies melee is DEAD. Sorry Jeff and Tim..... (Don't really give a **** what the rest of you think..) its true.

-Leaf

P.S. Yea, you both had your hard work blown away... but heres another chance... Jeff your the best in the town in both games, and should be #2 in Arizona at melee, but in brawl, state wide you got wrecked on just like the rest of us... We need to be back up there... with the rest of AZ... Please don't hate me for this.

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
Woah Woah Woah, this guy right here is right!^ my yoshi isn't amazing, like at all, but I'm still working with him, and if the tiers tipped the scales in brawl, There are a few of us who are gonna make the comeback we can with our low and mid tiers, like for example, Lights peach in brawl is amazing, or I play yoshi, not very well, but I try my best and I can compete with carltons wario, and most of our matchs are close, brawl relys upon counter picking and decision making... Melee requires a LOT more skill to play, but even some of the old HUGE arizona melee players are completely sucked into brawl, like Forward and Taj, because thats where the money is now, so you guys can play melee for fun, but as far as anything more than friendlies melee is DEAD. Sorry Jeff and Tim..... (Don't really give a **** what the rest of you think..) its true.

-Leaf

P.S. Yea, you both had your hard work blown away... but heres another chance... Jeff your the best in the town in both games, and should be #2 in Arizona at melee, but in brawl, state wide you got wrecked on just like the rest of us... We need to be back up there... with the rest of AZ... Please don't hate me for this.
finally some1 who sees it my way!!
but did u just say Forward sucks in Brawl?

Duff0

Smash Ace

-Leaf

Taj played more Melee then Brawl at Random. and AZOTS

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Melee requires a LOT more skill to play, but even some of the old HUGE arizona melee players are completely sucked into brawl, like Forward and Taj, because thats where the money is now, so you guys can play melee for fun, but as far as anything more than friendlies melee is DEAD. Sorry Jeff and Tim..... (Don't really give a **** what the rest of you think..) its true.
I'll let you in on a little secret. You're one of the sources feeding your own money.
---
Hear me, everyone: Brawl will die out once the noobs die out and find that they can't win at Brawl (Which is pitiful).

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
No one hates you man... calm down... it just doesn't take very long to get at the level they are all at....Not with brawl... brawl takes very little whatsoever....unlike in melee.........there is a noticeably large skill difference...it takes, weeks, months.. to grow more advances in melee while in brawl it can take mere hours, days....there's nothing to go back and prove

if you're so determined to get good quickly..simply grab snake.. and spam his projectiles.. His A Jab's and His Forward Tilt your guaranteed to take off stocks that way.. REGARDLESS of who you are playing...

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
This is pointless noone is budging in there thoughts, the melee are trying to transform the brawlers while tthe brawlers just want to have fun
me i will play both it really doesn't matter any more cause everyone complains about brawl and melee is slowly faading away to the people who where once something

this is the way it is also KGA let me tell you somthing you use two characters that have no skill metaknight and falco so you should have no say cause you don do anything to win
tim on the other hand (who uses low tier) was able to keep up so he does have a opinion

Me i use wario but i also use fox in brawl, and in melee i use samus, and luigi so i know the difference in the games but the war will die when everyone's wii's shutdown from the lack of good games coming out lol so better save them cubes:chuckle:

U

UpStage

First yall, I wanna apologize for handling this all in an immature manner. Lol. I read what he said and just kinda went off. I should have handled it in a better manner, but eh, can't change the past really.

Second, I already said I don't play Brawl, or for that matter melee, competitively. It's a freakin video game, I have no desire to go around boasting about how good I am in a video game and all that. I play it for fun, money matches are competition, and I don't compete.

Third, Carlton, seriously all this **** that was goin down, is your fault. When we were hanging at Mikey's or whatever, had you said "**** Richard, you suck." I woulda laughed it off, and agree'd. Cause compared to you guys, who own a wii, and the game, and play it for money and all that, I do suck. But, I don't own a wii, or the game, so yea, I'm not that bad now am I? But no, you came and said it on the internet, on a place I don't use, save for now, as someone was talkin bout me.

So yea, don't start sayin I came askin for all this, because it all started on your post? Kay? I'm over it, I'm not wasting my time with you, I never planned on wasting time on you.

Just wanted to say that so I don't look like a fool who gets in stuff and don't finish it, ya know?

Well it was fun talkin to yall. Adios.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
this is the way it is also KGA let me tell you somthing you use two characters that have no skill metaknight and falco so you should have no say cause you don do anything to win
tim on the other hand (who uses low tier) was able to keep up so he does have a opinion
Hm, you know... we Melee players would call that a JOOOOOOHHHHHHNNN. Jeeze, stop johning. If you can't deal with the characters because they're "too easy to win with", get the **** out of competitive gaming, seriously. Play to win. If you're simply playing to have fun, stop *****ing about how others want to play, because others may play to win, whilst you play to have fun.

Priest_Revan

Smash Cadet
Third, Carlton, seriously all this **** that was goin down, is your fault. When we were hanging at Mikey's or whatever, had you said "**** Richard, you suck." I woulda laughed it off, and agree'd. Cause compared to you guys, who own a wii, and the game, and play it for money and all that, I do suck. But, I don't own a wii, or the game, so yea, I'm not that bad now am I? But no, you came and said it on the internet, on a place I don't use, save for now, as someone was talkin bout me.

Just wanted to say that so I don't look like a fool who gets in stuff and don't finish it, ya know?
Hahaha. In all honesty, going online to prove you're not a fool makes you actually look like one. :)

This is pointless noone is budging in there thoughts, the melee are trying to transform the brawlers while tthe brawlers just want to have fun
me i will play both it really doesn't matter any more cause everyone complains about brawl and melee is slowly faading away to the people who where once something

Do you even read your posts when you type?

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Hm, you know... we Melee players would call that a JOOOOOOHHHHHHNNN. Jeeze, stop johning. If you can't deal with the characters because they're "too easy to win with", get the **** out of competitive gaming, seriously. Play to win. If you're simply playing to have fun, stop *****ing about how others want to play, because others may play to win, whilst you play to have fun.
LOL you know nothing, i don know about you but i fight for honor i have been the business longer than you think Tai honestly i play to win but i do it with class like tim and jeff:chuckle: so um before you start shooting off at the mouth get it straight I used to play a good samus but i got bored because of the lack of tournaments then brawl came out, but i still played and if i were to start back training i could catch back up but i just have no reason to. you say if it means mindless spaming then do it.....you have no honor and deserve to be down on the ranks with the brawl noobs. SO you get the **** out of competive gaming Cause if tim and jeff can beat people down without a hitch while showing class in a unskilled game thenbeat you down in a highly skilled game i really don want to hear it

ALSO IF ANYONE CAN SAY ANYTHING THAT COULD MAKE ME TRAIN IN MELEE AGAIN DO SO AND SAY IT cause if not i will continue to play brawl

and upstage umm it kinda started both ways but like i said it's cool don't worry about it

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Well, the thing is, competitive gaming is about playing to win. If you will play a character just because it's more "honorable" than playing another one (while the latter character is entirely better and makes winning super easy) you can go ahead and do it, but you shouldn't complain about those people who don't share your mindset of playing with honor. If you can win, that's great, but if you put that much effort into a better character, chances are, you'd be winning a lot more. (In Brawl anyway)

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
well that mean i gots some training to do in both worlds

Don't quit the game cause you think you can't get better quit cause of better reasons, you have the will and potentional to be good, go for it...- wobbles

thanx wobbles

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
LOL you know nothing, i don know about you but i fight for honor i have been the business longer than you think Tai honestly i play to win but i do it with class like tim and jeff:chuckle: so um before you start shooting off at the mouth get it straight I used to play a good samus but i got bored because of the lack of tournaments then brawl came out, but i still played and if i were to start back training i could catch back up but i just have no reason to. you say if it means mindless spaming then do it.....you have no honor and deserve to be down on the ranks with the brawl noobs. SO you get the **** out of competive gaming Cause if tim and jeff can beat people down without a hitch while showing class in a unskilled game thenbeat you down in a highly skilled game i really don want to hear it

ALSO IF ANYONE CAN SAY ANYTHING THAT COULD MAKE ME TRAIN IN MELEE AGAIN DO SO AND SAY IT cause if not i will continue to play brawl

and upstage umm it kinda started both ways but like i said it's cool don't worry about it
you suck at brawl now will you play melee. JK YEAH!

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace

-Leaf

you should be ***** slapped for uttering such lies then your mom should be ***** slapped for having you. Melee is dead to noobs because they couldn't hack a game that requires more then button mashing and if I were you if show more repect to Jeff because ill *** **** your mom next time you say something this stupid

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
you should be ***** slapped for uttering such lies then your mom should be ***** slapped for having you. Melee is dead to noobs because they couldn't hack a game that requires more then button mashing and if I were you if show more repect to Jeff because ill *** **** your mom next time you say something this stupid
Are you sure your the official ******* of SV AZ Priest Revan? LOL YEAH!

Top Bottom