• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official **SUPER** Street Fighter 4 Thread of the much-anticipated Kas vs Sieg MM

Pete278

Smash Lord
Only reliable way to land it mid screen is from an srk fadc. Every other way is in the corner.
Actually, it juggles pretty easily from light Upper. Takes a bit of practice to get the timing down, but once you have it, cr.lk xx s.mk xx lp upper > Corkscrew Cross is a nice little bnb into ultra.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Makoto is like impossible to play online with my connection. that being said. Makoto is everythin i wanted and more. Cant play for another 3 days. Ibuki is fun might actually pick her up

AND CODY SQUEEEEE <333333333

EDIT:

Moose (PSN: Chesty_laroue)
Mains: Makoto/ Cody
Secondaries: Ibuki/chun li/ someone who i forget for now

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
T. Hawk is broken btw.
What, but you haven't even played me yet! >.>

T.hawk is fun. Still figuring out some knockdown option selects, and trying to break my already formed habit of dive overuse/approach, but hey. Funsies.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Lol. Had first EVO APAC qualifier yesterday at Animania, Colin and Hai got through for the first two spots. Second one is on today at Browns Plains. Might go, still deciding. **** was good, and the only other amazing Juri was Yang, who is up here atm chilling around. I was asking him some stuff, so that was pretty cool.

Guy seems to be the amazing character up here at the moment, I think everyone was playing new characters. There's a really good Makoto aswell, which was cool. Good stuff, got alot of practice.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Cody is ****, i hate the input for his charge punch though

BOINK! =D

Was watching the top 8 from the monthly tournament yesterday, an decent Abel got into the finals mainly due to his new ultra as people right now can't deal with it, depending on the other players state and location when it is activated it can be so incredibly op =P

PSN: TakFR
Mains: Cody/Bison
Secondaries: not sure yet

Sirias

Smash Champion
Makoto is meh now? That's lame.
I'd play Y/Juri and Guy.
But Guy seems so... annoying?
Yuri and... Iono. Who else.
And Cody looks like a fcuking ****.

unreon

Smash Ace
Sorry Iso for bailing after only 4 matches. I was studying and it was supposed to be my 20min SSF4 break lol.

that and it got super laggy in the middle, remember when I just stood there and took the T-eagle to the face?

...yeah, I was holding back the whole time T____T

(plus I quote johns for using juri/cody/dudkins for the first time evarrrr D:)

Really need to find time to put more into this **** game! Don't even know the commands for any specials or normals haha

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Pfeh, be a real man and choose gaming instead of study. :S

But yeah, my internet has a habit of being ******** sometimes. Although it's not as bad as it used to be...

Sirias

Smash Champion
And all his taunts are "earth/wind/etc weeps/cries".
That's kool.
He's 8 feet tall, but he's all save the rainforest.
And he's all emotional and stuff too, isn't he?
Yep.
Totally kool.
Totally not gay.

tibs7

Smash Champion
I've decided I'm going to take this game seriously, so I'll buy it on the wke lol ^^

tibs7

Smash Champion
Only thing I'm worried about is that there are infinites and that someone finds something that is so OP and just makes the game gay....

Tak I won't be using ken lol, I'll use that ninja chick that is supposedly technical ^^

Vermy

Smash Champion
Oh **** yeah, Tibs is getting serious at Street Fighter. Now it begins.
Change of plans Sieg, Dudley vs Balrog and Ibuki vs Juri. Think I might be dropping Chun and Blanka. Blanka's balls are sh** now. Everyone can just jab him out of it and now the Abel matchup is even worse. If Blanka does forward ball, Abel can punish with Ultra II. ON HIT. F*** you Capcom. Why do you hate Jimmy soooooooo??!??

Only thing I'm worried about is that there are infinites and that someone finds something that is so OP and just makes the game gay....
Only infinite that causes issues at the moment is Fei Long s.hp to chicken wing infinite. And it only works on Juri lol.

Tak I won't be using ken lol, I'll use that ninja chick that is supposedly technical ^^
Ibuki! <3
I'm pretty **** with her now after much training. Still haven't got the whole super jump cancel ultra thing down reliably though. So technical, so much potential for mindgames and mix ups. Command dash to retreating super jump to kunai is so good. S.Hk>super/Raida grab is lol. Air grab is amazing. Target combo to neckbreaker = <3 Ibuki for top tier.

Dudley isn't as fun as I'd have hoped. Has a hell of a lot of fun if he lands a crumple state on someone. Gets ***** by grapplers, Bison and Chun though.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Isn't it angled MP for Juri into EX drop kick Tak_? Remember seeing something like that in trials_ Pain in the *** to land atm_ Looks like i'll be chasing Vermy for all my pro Ibuki tips_ The more i play her the more i can't stop playing her_ So, many, options_ Neckbreaker is win_

Sieg

Smash Champion
It's Medium Punch to cancel into Juri's EX Dive. Only move that can air special cancel.

Vermy

Smash Champion
You can super jump cancel to ultra from s.hp. Ergo, super jump cancel to ultra from her s.lp, s.mp, s.hp target combo.

With Juri, angled jumping mp to angled jumping mp to ex pinwheel works.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Don't know if any of have heard about this_ Street Fighter Legacy short releases this Thursday_ Here is a link to the first teaser trailer_ Second is up also through their you tube account_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bObxoD-ipqM&feature=youtube_gdata

Thoughts_? Personally I feel that Ryu should have been better cast but Ken looks too good_ According to a press release pic, looks like Akuma is in there too_ :)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, basically you can cancel Ibuki's ultra out of her target combo/st.hp with a SJC like how Viper can SJC ultra off a cr.jab.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Need to find a use for Ultra 1. Looks so awesome. Tiny hit box, weak as piss if it's not the full hit, apparently it's 3 frame start up and it's not a grab. Might as well have been a counter ultra.

Any setups known? Apart from focus crumple. Will s.cl.hk to ultra 1 work? Or ex spin kick in the corner to ultra 1? Raida grab works from both, theoretically it should for ultra 1.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
AHAHAHAHAHA Bsrk that looks soooooooo bad, The Chun Li movie was already rated the worst film of 2009 (Beating Dragonball =P) pretty much all sf films have been bad apart from the animated SF2 movie, so I don't see this one being good either, only shorter >_>

Aerial MP into EX Dive Kick into ultra is a setup Vermy =)

tibs7

Smash Champion
i got sucked in :(
bought it today. now to just get an arcade stick. anyone can help with that?

tibs7

Smash Champion
ps3...........dont tell its better on 360. cbf going back

Top Bottom