• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official **SUPER** Street Fighter 4 Thread of the much-anticipated Kas vs Sieg MM

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm gonna hate on your crappy character choice. You'll realise eventually, but prepare to get ****ed up.

Pete278

Smash Lord
So, anyone here going to Evo? I probably can't make it this year, but I'll definately try to next year. Also, </3 this year's game list. No MvC2? No 3S? Plus Blazblue: CT (which Dustloop has already decided is ****) instead of GGXX? I'm really hoping CT is a placeholder for CS :(

Sieg

Smash Champion
They said that if CS gets released Mid June they'd replace it with that.

CT isn't that bad, just some problems.

It's still a fun and enjoyable and competitive game.

MVC2 and SF3 are getting old. I think it's time to start moving on to newer and better things.

Pete278

Smash Lord
And yet MvC2 was still the second most hype game at last year's Evo. SF3 might've been more hype if they had put it somewhere visible, but I digress. And really, even though it may be acceptable, I think they can do better than 'isn't that bad' as one of the 6 at the world's biggest fighting game event. Plus, I'm not fond of TvC being there, since nobody knows if it'll take off or not, and having to another console at Evo will probably end up being a pain in the *** for everyone involved in that area.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Picking up Akuma as a personal challenge. I picked up Blanka because I can play aggresive and his charging means I was forced to play semi-defensively. Akuma is all about camp, bait and punish.

And his c.lp, c.lp, c.mk, light tatsumaki, shoryuken, fadc, hp shakunetsu hadouken is ****. And not as stupid broken as fadc ultras.

Also, my work is getting SSF4 cabinets in early April. Four machines, sanwa sticks and buttons confirmed. <333333

Vermy gets free games and will never leave work.

unreon

Smash Ace
I agree with Sieg.

EVO dropping the games means nothing. You know how to keep the competitive community alive and interesting?

Play the newer games, which brings in the freshmen and spices up the place. No amount of whinge will trump the fact that 8+ years for a video game gets tiring.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Evo refused to readd Alpha 3 despite some requests, since Evo 'shouldn't be making the games popular. You want them in, you make them popular.' Why, then, should they add new games that don't have a community yet? Surely if (using an example) TvC wanted to be in, the TvC community should make it popular before it gets in, rather than it being forced upon us, when it could potentially fail?

EDIT: To clarify, I like TvC, and I'm sure it deserves a chance at some point in the future, but going off precedent, it shouldn't be there.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Yeah having another console there sucks. Last year at evo i couldnt enter the MvC2 tournament because it was on DC and i only had a PS3 stick. And with MvC2 re released on PS3 and xbox it would of made it so much easier to set up and less for people to take.

Plus you look at the 2 greatest moments in EVO history. What games did they come from?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Think about it though. Because there has been games like MVC2 and SF3 in the lineup, other popular games have missed out during their golden years. Like Melty Blood. Why do you think everyone is pushing so hard to get Melty Blood in as the 7th game?

Alpha 3 was WAAAAAAAAY past it's prime when they wanted it back in. SF3 was out then. Smash was denied entry alot to EVO, and even when it got in it was still cause for debate from the other members of the community. TvC is a relatively new game, the newest of the VS. series. I mean, it's been like, 8 years since MvC2 came out? I think it deserves a chance, just like Blazblue does.

SF3 is good. But 4 is out now. And it's ALOT more popular than SF3, even if it is a bit more beginner friendly. But in saying that, does that mean that mean that the competition will be noob friendly? Hell no.

While I agree on your post Pete, I think we should give them a chance. Trust me, after like, 6 years of Smash, it starts to get a bit boring.

EDIT: Blazblue is godtier.

Vermy

Smash Champion
As much as I love 3S, it's past its prime, as is MvC2. TvC may be new, but it's simplified controls make it beginner friendly.

SF4 and TvC are much easier to get a hold of than 3S and MvC2. Accessibility + new = noobs = bigger turnout = more cash. It's not a house meet, it's business.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I think it would be something like Rampage but with giant Siegs punching/heatbutting giant holes into nearby buildings

Vermy

Smash Champion
Them's fightin' words. Diss TvC all you want, but not my luvverly Type Moon fighter!!!!!!

All you guys will get a beat down at Robocop. In every fighting game that isn't MvC2 and TvC... ^_^'

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
I think I pointed that out many pages ago...but oh well, it DOES need to be said multiple times.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, I must have missed it lol.

But yknow when you think about it after you've heard it and you're like.

"Oh yeah, it IS him"

Lol.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
So funny when someone does an ultra.

NOWHERE TO RUN, NOWHERE TO HIDE.

KAY-OH.

I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna wait for the full release.

I just know somewhere in the battle I'm gonna hear.

"THE POWER OF SCIENCE"

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
So I heard new characters aren't really that hype since the rumour list that came out X months ago seems to be 100% accurate. >.>

Also, english voices....ugh.

unreon

Smash Ace
I heard that some top player (Keno??) was telling people that Ibuki and Dudley are top-tierish, whilst Makoto is mid-high tierish.

Man, I want this game so bad.

So bad I might actually play again.

EDIT: @#$% wtf is with Dudley's new voice actor? I want that sultry sophisticated voice ****it! "Let's fight - like gentlemen!"

Pete278

Smash Lord
Oh well, as cool as it would've been to have a useful rose, he probably has enough stuff to use already with the Thunderbolt being back and not being crap this time.

Top Bottom