• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official **SUPER** Street Fighter 4 Thread of the much-anticipated Kas vs Sieg MM

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Oh man Balrogs Second Ultra looks TERRIBLE hahaha, my little brother is gonna be so disappointed.

I don't think the ultra's do less damage, take a look at Ryu's II Ultra and see how much damage it does, just when he gets the ultra bar up to.

Rose's Ultra... wtf, did like 2 hits then poof, I can see it more as a defense mechanism though... still pretty disappointing.

Other than that, looks like the game play hasn't changed too much so not too much to re-learn, besides MU's and more Ultra links now, that's good =P

Add me + my little brother on PSN whoever has it.

PSN: Stikee
Characters:
Me - Ryu
Stik - Balrog, Akuma.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Balrog's new ultra adds a buttload of stun meter like Makoto's supers, apparantly. So, good for pressure because then you can set up whatever combo you want.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Meh, who needs stun, by the time you stun them they're pretty much already dead haha, either that or damage scaling just ***** you anyways.

Beside, Gief is the KING OF STUN! MUAHAHAH.

unreon

Smash Ace
Hotdog I added you on PSN and you never replied :(

And I love Balrogs new ultra LOL It's just a giant one-two-three of GTFO.
Rose's one is really weird. But, I will reserve judgement until people get more playtime and realise what Capcom were trying to do with her.
GOGO Viper's electric jesus move; can't wait to use that.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Oh well we don't have our PS3 back yet as it's in repair LOL (again) We'll add you as soon as we get it back sometime this year >_>

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Those characters are hardly ever used though haha, i've never seen sakura in a tourney. Was just thinking about balrogs ultra... Looks like a close range grab ultra?

Pete278

Smash Lord
Makoto's hardly ever used in a tournament? Watch more 3S, then. :p Also, Sakura isn't used much because only a few have picked up console characters. Dogface beat Alex Valle's Ryu with his Sakura, as an example of a Sakura main.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Sakuraaaaaa.

So baaaaaaaaaaaayud.

Was talking to a friend today Scott, he thinks that Balrog's Ultra two will be better for wakeup pressure etc, which I do find actually pretty true.

And you know how much punishment Balrog gives when he gets stun lol.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Balrogs new ultra is a 720, so yeah, it's a grab. Honda also has a 720 now.

Juri and Rose (I think?) have ultras that are basically alpha/genei jin style - their normals cancel/chain into each other easier. It'll prolly be a while before we see them being put to good use though.

And yeah, fo sho sieg. At BAM, carnage was doing knockdown > sit at poke range > dash up and grab on wakeup, and it was working. Often. Imagine that with a 720.

unreon

Smash Ace
For a guy who hates SF4, iso you pay alot of attention to the game :p

I like using Saks as my funsies character because her combos look the coolest out of the entire game :D I thought Sabre beat Valle using Saks, not dogface...in fact I've never seen dogface play ever O_O

I heard Lariat FADCs into Ultra II. And also trades into Ultra II. Eff Zangief man, eff him out of this game I haaaaate him >=(

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Well Unreon I hate SF4....this is S....SF4. So I've decided to look forward to it, and indeed, will play it until such a time as it becomes obvious they didn't change the things I had problems with in SF4 and I go back to hating it/only playing for the lulz.

Speaking of which: srk FADC ultra confirmed for Dan. Aw yeah.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I'm very happy with this Ryu hate. I played him for 2 days, started playing at work and beat the crapola outta every challenger. Just didn't feel right. Didn't feel like I was earning it.

Playing as Chun Li and Blanka is far more satisfying. No projectile spam, no fadc ultra, all legit crossups. <3

On that regard, I'm loving ex legs>kikosho. No walls needed for a reliable set up to ultra. I like that.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Apparently it does like 70% off EX.Legs EX.Legs Ultra.

Also it doesn't need a wall to combo.

Yeah.

Gonna get ****ing nerfed.

Vermy

Smash Champion
He also said Blanka's ultra chip damage does that much, I hardly think he was intending to be taken seriously.

And ex legs>ex legs> kikosho doesn't look like it'd do that much. Especially if combo scaling has been altered as much as they say. Sagat's fadc tiger cannon looks like it did piss all, but by itself looked pretty legit.

Blanka's grounded ultra 2, does it hit the entire floor? Or does it have a radius like Akumas down, down, down + all punches in Third Strike?

Sieg

Smash Champion
There's no way it'd hit the entire floor, it lasts too long.

Maybe something like Viper's Seismo?

Vermy

Smash Champion
Hrm. The electricity animation covers the entire floor. Stupid hitbox looks stupid.

I'm digging the feedback about Dee Jay and Juri though, can't wait till Dudders is green lit. I wants mah j.hk>ex machine gun punch>**** <3

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Pop Quiz: You just knocked t.hawk down. He has a full super meter and ultra2.

WHAT DO YOU DO????

Vermy

Smash Champion
HADOUKEN!
TAIGA SHOOT!
*GRUNT*
SONIC BOOM!
KIKOKEN!
YOGA FIRE!

=3

Fireball spam solves all problems.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I will do what I can young padawan. Add me to msn if you wish to talk strats and share a hate for Ryu. <3

Top Bottom