• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official **SUPER** Street Fighter 4 Thread of the much-anticipated Kas vs Sieg MM

Vermy

Smash Champion
Still, those ultras all look ******. Especially Fei Long's 1 inch punch. =p
Yoga Shangri'la looks stupid.
Siberian Blizzard looks like it'll be a b*tch to land.
Metsu Shoruken looks epic.
Ken's Tatsumaki ultra looks like it'll have sick range.

Now wtf is Blanka's second ultra going to be? All he has is spinny and electricity. O_o
Unless they expand on his habit of eating people's faces..

Pete278

Smash Lord
If Shangri'la looks stupid, then Dhalsim looks stupid. You have to remember, this is a guy who turned yoga into a fighting style that lets him stretch his limbs and breathe fire, its a pretty dumb backstory. Ken's Tatsumaki is his well known SA3 (I think 3) in 3rd Strike except with fire, so you won't want to use it for its range, only for comboing because it'd be unsafe as all hell.

Blanka will probably use mighty watermelon super from Alpha 3, where he throws a watermelon at them like a boss. Best projectile, ever.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yoga Shangrila will make Dhalsim more useful though. I mean, How useful was Catastrophe? lol.

Siberian Blizzard looks easier to land than UAB lol. Too many noobs jump in these days.

Ken's Ultra is also way better than his original one.

But as Iso said, we don't know anything about comboes and hitboxes or anything atm.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Maybe as a spacing tool.

This ultra can actually be used as an attack, from the air it seems.

And considering how useful Dhalsim is in the air, I think it's alot better than the other easy to block spacing fireball.

Pete278

Smash Lord
So what if its used as a spacing tool? That's what Dhalsim is about: spacing and winning the game through attrition, not FADC > ultra.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I know that, I didn't even say FADC Ultra lol.

I'm just saying he now has an ultra that he can use in his already dominant area, the air.

I feel that this would be much more useful for him. It helps develop a different style of play for him.

Also, I might actually be scared of this ultra. Whenever I fight a Dhalsim it's not Catastrophe I'm worrying about. Why the **** would I? It's easy to block and as Balrog I have no trouble getting in on Dhalsims anyway.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Does good chip damage too. Add a teleport and an overhead and that's pretty legit.

Pete278

Smash Lord
But he's not dominant in the air, really. Its not like Seth where you can just jump back, fierce punch, repeat. Most of his spacing takes place on the ground. Plus, it looks like a command grab, which could (depending on frame data) be even easier to get out of than Catastrophe, which does pretty good chip and leave you on positive frames.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Wait.

What?

His teleport makes his aerial game one of the best in the game.

**** I bet you'll be able to teleport ultra in SSF4. The main thing you want to be doing with Dhalsim is making people jump in so you can anti air them. He plays almost exactly like Ryu or Ken, except he has the different tools.

If you want an ultra with chip damage, play Blanka.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Okay, its becoming increasingly obvious you haven't played against a good Dhalsim, so I'm going to end this argument here with **** YEAH MECHA ZANGIEF.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Regardless of how good they are there, I doubt any of them play Dhalsim like you're supposed to.

EDIT: At the above: There's nothing wrong with FADC ultra, its just not Dhalsim's game. Nor Akuma's, nor Zangief's, for instance.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Considering we have a guy up here called Sim King, no I don't believe I am playing bad Dhalsims.

We have atleast three amazing Dhalsims up here and I'm sure they'd love to show you how to play Dhalsim if you want to.

On that note, are you sure it's not you whose been playing the bad players?

Pete278

Smash Lord
As one of Arturo Sabin Sanchez' fanboys, I've watched many a Dhalsim game. I haven't played many Dhalsims, no, he's not very popular here in Perth. But I have at least 2 gig of Sabin's games that I've watched, so I have a pretty good idea of Dhalsim's playstyle against various characters.

Also, at Moose, don't patronize the RED CYCLONE. I'm sure he's a very intelligent guy once you talk to him.

unreon

Smash Ace
Okay, its becoming increasingly obvious you haven't played against a good Dhalsim
I've played Sieg and I use Dhalsim DDDDD:

Anyways, I didn't like the new costumes for Chun, Gief, and Cammy. Chun's is downright ugly and I've never seen any Chinese person who wore something like that. Gief is goofy, but I didn't exactly find it funny anyway. Kinda meh. Cammy's is uninspired - I would've loved to see some prim and proper English uniform (perhaps a flight attendant or sailor yummmmm). She just didn't bring the sexy siiiigh.

I think some of the Ultras last waaaaay the frick too long. Especially Zangief's, who I felt was more of a Elf-type move with spins and stuff. Ryu's was perfect, Bruce Lee's one-inch punch was a nice touch, and Ken's doesn't look as cinematic as the others but who cares it's Ken.

I must say though, Boxer looks absolutely pimp! I want one of the characters to wear a tux. Maybe Seth, Bison, or Vega.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Gief is goofy, but I didn't exactly find it funny anyway. Kinda meh.
Its Mecha Zangief from MvC2 redone, if you didn't get the joke.

EDIT: I also like Cammy's. Sure, the whole 'she's a female clone of Bison zomg' thing never made sense, but so did alot of stuff. Plus, I think it looks sexy. :p

Sieg

Smash Champion
Balrog is pimping it.

I like Cammy's. T_T lol.

Wait for the game to come out in arcades though otherwise it's gonna be **** lol.

unreon

Smash Ace
Yeah, I know its his alt from MvC2. That thing was a monster lol.

It still looked goofy, even for Street Fighter. Moose I actually aim for landing my ultra 50% of the time ;)

Pete278

Smash Lord
Lol arcades in Australia. Sure, you can get a machine in the bigger arcades for the bigger games (like Tekken and SF), but the games that needed the arcade scene (like GG) are already dead here. Basically, to stop me from going into a rant, the only place that needs an arcade release of it is Japan and Singapore. Australia certainly doesn't, and most of America doesn't either. SoCal and New York could need it, but the rest of the country doesn't have a big enough arcade scene.

Sieg

Smash Champion
See.

Now that's where you're wrong.

We even have BB coming out in arcades here because we have an arcade scene that IS big enough.

I'm assuming that over there you have no scene at all.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I'm not saying they shouldn't do an arcade release, I'm just saying its in no way necessary for the game.

EDIT: Wait, wait, I just realised, its not just Mecha Zangief, its Colossus, the Russian mutant who turns his body into steel from Marvel.

Sieg

Smash Champion
It is necessary for the pro scene. I know alot of people that would just continue on with the original SF4, like myself, if there was no arcade release.

Console version is ****.

Sieg

Smash Champion
You really are an idiot.

You obviously weren't at Rocky were you? To see the dead scene on the other side of the room from Smash?

You know, the bigger than Smash dead scene?

Yeah.

Sieg

Smash Champion
What, you suddenly think that the SF4 scene will just die when SSF4 comes out?

What are you, ********? You're argument is ****ing invalid. You're not even part of the scene and you're calling ****?

****ing so bad.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I am part of the Perth SF4 scene, but whatever, I'm done arguing. I forgot that swearing ****ing **** ****ity **** **** every time you say something makes it a better argument ****ing **** ****.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Done arguing because you're wrong?

Lol.

Come back when you realise how silly you were calling the scene I roll in dead.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I never said it was dead now, I said it would die after SSF4 came out. Obviously not instantly, either, as shown by the fact there's still people who play SI for some unknown reason, but it will eventually die.

Sieg

Smash Champion
The scene won't die even if they don't release SSF4 in arcades. Which they will because the ***'s only play Arcade.

Even if they didn't release it, we'd just continue to play SF4 in the arcades. I don't see how it's going to die anytime soon.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Hey kids!!!

I heard from some one who owns a few sf4 cabinets that ssf4 will be released as a software update for arcade machines.

Could be complete bs and I'm too lazy to google it but has any one else heard of this development, cos it's new to me.

Oh and pete I'll have to play you arcade some time, I'd like to see how much better you've gotten from your training lol. I'm a lot better now, but haven't really touched sf much since squat.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
at rocky, there was both the arcade and console players present
the arcade players vastly outnumbered the console players, and even after the console release of sf4, the arcades are as packed as ever

pete you seriously have 0 idea what you are talking about if you say that it will die after it comes out, more than half of the scene seriously play arcade only, no joke

big players like toxy, wei, naruga all of the big melb names only play arcade, sure they have it at home but thats only a second source

also lol perth sf4 scene

were talking about australia here, not some back water ****hole where you need a passport to come to melbourne

stay in perth please, dont come here at all, stay where you are captain smart player saying arcades dead

Top Bottom