• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Legality Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Well that's not very nice...

The only personal bias I'm allowing myself to argue with would be the fact I'm arguing for the stage in the first place. I like it, I saw it being potentially banned, and brought up some points for it. Otherwise I think I've showcased some pretty valid points against both the water and the klaptraps that no one has brought up a reasonable counter-argument for.

There ARE reasons for it to be seemingly banned, just not sound ones.

There is no need for personal attacks.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
G&W's sausages don't go very far. They're indeed a projectile, but they're not all that impressive and easy to deal with as long as you keep your distance (which is easy if you have your own projectile).

Doesn't Zamus's do the same?

I apologize if what I say makes no sense, but perhaps I could understand the situation better if you could show us a video on it? It would be highly beneficial since it could either prove your point, or we could find a flaw in the strategy that wasn't found before.
Zamus's dair, however, only has knockback on the very beginning of the attack, downwards, and then a second hitbox on landing. The attack only spikes at the very beginning. Also, its range of hit in the air is rather small.

T. Link's dair's hitbox is bigger and has far more knockback on it, especially since its biggest hit doesnt require it to hit land.

habaker91

Smash Apprentice
I believe you posted this on page 157:
"And Port Town Aero Dive is not Mute City. People keep comparing the two, but they are very distinct, despite their elements that seem alike. Mute City stops more often, and the flashing lights and sounds, as well as the slow cars, give more than enough warning to jump. There's also platforms to avoid the cars. And if you get hit? You won't die, unless you're at something ridiculous like 150-200 %. Port Town Aero Dive is completely different from all of this. The cars are way too fast, there is more, often than not, not enough warning, the cars KO at 50 %, and there are times where there are no platforms to avoid the cars. There are also some long times where walk-off zones are apparent, and especially when there are no platforms to avoid them."

This post acts as if the walk offs are an after thought, and the cars are the main problem.

Also, reguardless of a grabber's skill, one could break out with proper timing (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182487)
^Learn it, Master it, or get over it

I personally feel that we shouldn't allow all permanent double sided walk off stages, but a stage with one abusable transformation that is often broken up by cars?
Sounds acceptable to me

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Habaker, if you want to run a tourney with Aero Dive as a legal CP, be my guest. However, most of the rest of us will likely be running with it banned, and the majority won't care to give you an explanation. To sum up why it is bad:

- Walkoffs
- Cars that kill at very low percents
- No warnings for stage transformations (This has killed my friend many times)
- More I am probably forgetting.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
I will NEVER understand this community.

What's wrong w/ you ppl? seriously please tell me this way I can sympathize for your idiotic ideas. this is smash bros. brawl. NOT STREET FIGHTER, NOT KOF, NOT TEKKEN. its completely not a traditional fighting game, BUT we all came together and decided to make it COMPETITIVE. now why are you trying to make it into a TRADITIONAL fighting game when it CLEARLY isnt.

Stage plays a HUGE part in a ssbb match, while most traditional fighting games, stage is nothing but a different scenery and tune. how are you seriously going to allow sum stages w/ interferences but ban others? "O BECUZ THE CARS COME REALLY FAST AND I CAN'T SEE IT COMING AND STUFF". you can clearly see the cars coming in the background of Aero Dive. Although they're really small and way back their, you can see them. and that's the genius behind BRAWL. you have to play the ENVIRONMENT not just your opponent. "NO MAN THERE'S NO SKILL INVOLVED" com'on!! FOR A COMMUNITY THAT REFUSES TO BAN CHAIN GRABBING, INFINITES AND METAKNIGHT, AND YOUR TALKING ABOUT not involving skill.

this community is just way to immature, they need to MAN UP and start banning the real problem. put back stages and ban stupid chain grabs and infinites and that god for saken METAKNIGHT that just breakes the game. that character has EVERYTHING!! SPEED, INSANE PRIORITY, CANNOT EDGE GUARD HIS COME BACK, STRENGTH (contrary to popular belief, (YES METAKNIGHT IS STRONG!! DOWN SMASH AND LAUNCH. HAVE YOU SEEN THE KNOCK BACK ON THAT LAUNCH AT LOW DAMAGE??? ITS RIDICULOUS) and his ONE FLAW that this game caters to this weakness, HE DOES HAVE LOW DEFENSE. he can get killed quick. NOW brawl for sum reason, gives ridiculous DI priority to floaty characters.

I SERIOUSLY , KID YOU NOT, DID A FORWARD AIR ON A METAKNIGHT ON FD, HE HAD 150% AND HE DI'd out of it. now lets be serious, IS THAT FAIR??! the character has EVERYTHING and on top of that he can live thru a ganon forward air at 150%. now i know alot of you smartA$$' are just gonna say..pick another character.

Well lets touch on that subject a bit. I hope most of you agree that this game is mainly based around COUNTER PICKING. while in MELEE counter picking didnt give the opponent THAT MUCH advantage, in BRAWL its o so very clear. try fighting Wario vs Sonic. D3 vs DK, Ike vs Ganon. These are close to impossible matches. the skill level behind the gamer using the character w/ the disadvantage has to be ridiculously better and smarter than his opponent to overcome victory. which is a good setup for money matches, but not fair for tourney.

now lets take sum of the other characters that ppl concider to be eithre TOP/HIGH TIER in this game. SNAKE. snake has so many counterpicks. i can name like 6 of them. same thing w/ D3 and same thing w/ ROB. but why does METAKNIGHT ONLY HAVE 1? and please dont come to me w/ SNAKE AND LUCARIO. those guys arent COUNTERPICKS to metaknight. they just STAND A CHANCE, doesnt mean they're counterpick. and even then. DK isnt a counterpick, but he has a better chance than ANYONE ELSE IN THE ROSTER. this character should be banned. WHO'S W/ ME!? YAY OR NAY!?

ONE LAST NOTE: ppl keep complaining how this game is way to easy to pick up compared to melee. sure of course if your main is dk and sum noob picks up D3 and chain grabs you to death. if you allow cheap tactics that require NO SKILLS such like chain grabbing, you will never be able to tell each gamer's skill levels apart. ban these things and this game would bring in so many ppl.
WHY SHOULD CHAINGRABBING BE BANNED WHEN IT WASNT BANNED IN MELEE??
that's Easy. YOU CAN'T DI OUT OF CHAINGRABS IN BRAWL, WHILE IT WUZ STILL POSSIBLE IN MELEE.

Oracle

Smash Master
What's wrong w/ you ppl? seriously please tell me this way I can sympathize for your idiotic ideas. this is smash bros. brawl. NOT STREET FIGHTER, NOT KOF, NOT TEKKEN. its completely not a traditional fighting game, BUT we all came together and decided to make it COMPETITIVE. now why are you trying to make it into a TRADITIONAL fighting game when it CLEARLY isnt.

Stage plays a HUGE part in a ssbb match, while most traditional fighting games, stage is nothing but a different scenery and tune. how are you seriously going to allow sum stages w/ interferences but ban others? "O BECUZ THE CARS COME REALLY FAST AND I CAN'T SEE IT COMING AND STUFF". you can clearly see the cars coming in the background of Aero Dive. Although they're really small and way back their, you can see them. and that's the genius behind BRAWL. you have to play the ENVIRONMENT not just your opponent. "NO MAN THERE'S NO SKILL INVOLVED" com'on!! FOR A COMMUNITY THAT REFUSES TO BAN CHAIN GRABBING, INFINITES AND METAKNIGHT, AND YOUR TALKING ABOUT not involving skill.

this community is just way to immature, they need to MAN UP and start banning the real problem. put back stages and ban stupid chain grabs and infinites and that god for saken METAKNIGHT that just breakes the game. that character has EVERYTHING!! SPEED, INSANE PRIORITY, CANNOT EDGE GUARD HIS COME BACK, STRENGTH (contrary to popular belief, (YES METAKNIGHT IS STRONG!! DOWN SMASH AND LAUNCH. HAVE YOU SEEN THE KNOCK BACK ON THAT LAUNCH AT LOW DAMAGE??? ITS RIDICULOUS) and his ONE FLAW that this game caters to this weakness, HE DOES HAVE LOW DEFENSE. he can get killed quick. NOW brawl for sum reason, gives ridiculous DI priority to floaty characters.

I SERIOUSLY , KID YOU NOT, DID A FORWARD AIR ON A METAKNIGHT ON FD, HE HAD 150% AND HE DI'd out of it. now lets be serious, IS THAT FAIR??! the character has EVERYTHING and on top of that he can live thru a ganon forward air at 150%. now i know alot of you smartA$$' are just gonna say..pick another character.

Well lets touch on that subject a bit. I hope most of you agree that this game is mainly based around COUNTER PICKING. while in MELEE counter picking didnt give the opponent THAT MUCH advantage, in BRAWL its o so very clear. try fighting Wario vs Sonic. D3 vs DK, Ike vs Ganon. These are close to impossible matches. the skill level behind the gamer using the character w/ the disadvantage has to be ridiculously better and smarter than his opponent to overcome victory. which is a good setup for money matches, but not fair for tourney.

now lets take sum of the other characters that ppl concider to be eithre TOP/HIGH TIER in this game. SNAKE. snake has so many counterpicks. i can name like 6 of them. same thing w/ D3 and same thing w/ ROB. but why does METAKNIGHT ONLY HAVE 1? and please dont come to me w/ SNAKE AND LUCARIO. those guys arent COUNTERPICKS to metaknight. they just STAND A CHANCE, doesnt mean they're counterpick. and even then. DK isnt a counterpick, but he has a better chance than ANYONE ELSE IN THE ROSTER. this character should be banned. WHO'S W/ ME!? YAY OR NAY!?

ONE LAST NOTE: ppl keep complaining how this game is way to easy to pick up compared to melee. sure of course if your main is dk and sum noob picks up D3 and chain grabs you to death. if you allow cheap tactics that require NO SKILLS such like chain grabbing, you will never be able to tell each gamer's skill levels apart. ban these things and this game would bring in so many ppl.
WHY SHOULD CHAINGRABBING BE BANNED WHEN IT WASNT BANNED IN MELEE??
that's Easy. YOU CAN'T DI OUT OF CHAINGRABS IN BRAWL, WHILE IT WUZ STILL POSSIBLE IN MELEE.
You can't see the cars coming except for one of the transformations. Even then the reaction time is ridiculous and you could get hit into it for a low % death.
You have no argument for why the stage should be CP. The cars give an advantage to no one, but randomly can kill you at 50%.

As for the rest of your post: Chain grabs are not banned because they are a part of the game, exploitable, and therefore, require some amount of skill and have counters. No one wants to ban meta knight because he is not TEH UBER BROKEN, he is simply good. You're trying to beat him with gannon, for Christ's sake. Like chain grabbing, he has counters. No one else wants to ban him. The only reason you want to is because you are not good enough to beat him.

Tl;dr version: You suck. Don't come back unless you have some good, meaningful imput to add to the thread.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
You can't see the cars coming except for one of the transformations. Even then the reaction time is ridiculous and you could get hit into it for a low % death.
You have no argument for why the stage should be CP. The cars give an advantage to no one, but randomly can kill you at 50%.

As for the rest of your post: Chain grabs are not banned because they are a part of the game, exploitable, and therefore, require some amount of skill and have counters. No one wants to ban meta knight because he is not TEH UBER BROKEN, he is simply good. You're trying to beat him with gannon, for Christ's sake. Like chain grabbing, he has counters. No one else wants to ban him. The only reason you want to is because you are not good enough to beat him.

Tl;dr version: You suck. Don't come back unless you have some good, meaningful imput to add to the thread.
y are you serious? your probably a meta knight user. and please like half of this community believes meta knight should be banned. the only reason it hasnt taken place is becuz this community is not use to banning characters, cuz they're STUPID! like yourself. and OMG...that's the greatest reasoning i've ever heard. CHAIN GRABS ARE NOT BANNED BECUZ THEY ARE PART OF THE GAME. STAGES ARE PART OF THE GAME YET THEY'RE BANNED. YOUR A FOOL. YOU MAKE NO SENSE. YOU PROBABLY PICK META KNIGHT, AND YOU SUCK W/ HIM. MY GANON COULD WHOOP YOUR METAKNIGHT'S A$$. IF YOU PICK METAKNIGHT AND LOSE...YOU SHOULD RETIRE AS A GAMER CUZ YOU JUST SUCK!

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
i am an og at smash *****

dude yo dont know **** like rafa said u banned stages but not chaingrabs something you cant do anything about does that make sense no dude and the reason ppl didnt bann chaingrabbing in melee cause there where platforms that you can di towards the platforms and and after a certain percent you cant get chaingrabbed anymore. And like i said b4 chaingrabbbign should have been allowed in melee at all but people were dumb not to ban it i want to see someone play m2k's marth with their fox watch he plays catch by himself with u.
like i said b4 this community has been condition to allow bull**** for years that its second nature to allow broken rules for tournaments thats what ppl like metaknight as just recking cause you take out alot of stages you can do damage on.

THIS IS WES BTW

fkacyan

Smash Hero
dude yo dont know **** like rafa said u banned stages but not chaingrabs something you cant do anything about does that make sense no dude and the reason ppl didnt bann chaingrabbing in melee cause there where platforms that you can di towards the platforms and and after a certain percent you cant get chaingrabbed anymore. And like i said b4 chaingrabbbign should have been allowed in melee at all but people were dumb not to ban it i want to see someone play m2k's marth with their fox watch he plays catch by himself with u.
like i said b4 this community has been condition to allow bull**** for years that its second nature to allow broken rules for tournaments thats what ppl like metaknight as just recking cause you take out alot of stages you can do damage on.
You have ***** and killed the English language, and thus my brain.

"Don't get grabbed" is a viable piece of advice. It is possible to play the game in such a way as to avoid getting grabbed. Why? There are conditions that need to be met to get grabbed, such as being close, not doing a move / grabbing yourself, etc. However, for levels like this, there is nothing you can do that will always avoid the cars minus never being on the ground, which is impossible unless you're being juggled.

Go talk scrub talk to people who care; the stage-ban philosophy vs the infinite-ban philosophy debate isn't going to change with a post like yours, especially if it's almost impossible to read.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
i dont need to correct anything

You have ***** and killed the English language, and thus my brain.

"Don't get grabbed" is a viable piece of advice. It is possible to play the game in such a way as to avoid getting grabbed. Why? There are conditions that need to be met to get grabbed, such as being close, not doing a move / grabbing yourself, etc. However, for levels like this, there is nothing you can do that will always avoid the cars minus never being on the ground, which is impossible unless you're being juggled.

Go talk scrub talk to people who care; the stage-ban philosophy vs the infinite-ban philosophy debate isn't going to change with a post like yours, especially if it's almost impossible to read.

LIKE I SAID B4 THE PHILOSOPHY OF MOST OF THE SMASH COMMUNITY IS HORRIBLE. SECOND
IF U FOUND MY POST hard to read how did u manage to respond my post. You know what i call you a typical smash community ******** that arent that good at smash so he tries to find broken tactics posts it on youtube to get his rep up that way since he cant any other way in this game. Like i am about to say make posts that connect to the game not my grammar that you can apparently can understand dude. I hope u live very far from new york because if so and i see you in a tournament your going to get your *** rocked in brawl with my sonic.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
Actually, I'm pretty sure you get warning on the cars for all except one transformation.
its all BUT ONE. and its when you see the stage from left to right. like you dont see any track on the background cuz its faced the other way. u can notice evrything else.

Oracle

Smash Master
y are you serious? your probably a meta knight user. and please like half of this community believes meta knight should be banned. the only reason it hasnt taken place is becuz this community is not use to banning characters, cuz they're STUPID! like yourself. and OMG...that's the greatest reasoning i've ever heard. CHAIN GRABS ARE NOT BANNED BECUZ THEY ARE PART OF THE GAME. STAGES ARE PART OF THE GAME YET THEY'RE BANNED. YOUR A FOOL. YOU MAKE NO SENSE. YOU PROBABLY PICK META KNIGHT, AND YOU SUCK W/ HIM. MY GANON COULD WHOOP YOUR METAKNIGHT'S A$$. IF YOU PICK METAKNIGHT AND LOSE...YOU SHOULD RETIRE AS A GAMER CUZ YOU JUST SUCK!
No, I actually do not use meta knight. I use pretty much everyone else. No one in the competitive community wants meta knight banned. You are just an insignificant scrub who sucks too much to get over character advantages.
Chaingrabs are a technique in the game that can be abused, just like wavedashing in melee, snakedashing in brawl, whatever. They aren't banned because they do not impact the game very much UNLESS: the stages have walk-offs or walls or the character can perform a standing infinite. To deal with the first topic, we ban stages with walk offs and walls, with the second, you just have to swallow your pride and MAIN MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER!! If you main DK, then switch if you know your opponent mains DDD. Chaingrabs. are only banned to the point of stalling.
cuz they're STUPID!
That's basically the same reasoning as "I'm not crazy! EVERYONE ELSE IS CRAZY!!!"
Metaknight is not cheap enough to warrant a ban. End of story.
EDIT:
its all BUT ONE. and its when you see the stage from left to right. like you dont see any track on the background cuz its faced the other way. u can notice evrything else.
You can still get hit into the cars, or thrown, or whatever.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
LIKE I SAID B4 THE PHILOSOPHY OF MOST OF THE SMASH COMMUNITY IS HORRIBLE. SECOND
IF U FOUND MY POST hard to read how did u manage to respond my post. You know what i call you a typical smash community ******** that arent that good at smash so he tries to find broken tactics posts it on youtube to get his rep up that way since he cant any other way in this game. Like i am about to say make posts that connect to the game not my grammar that you can apparently can understand dude. I hope u live very far from new york because if so and i see you in a tournament your going to get your *** rocked in brawl with my sonic.
I spend a lot of time on the internet, so thus I can read your posts. Much more slowly than one that isn't full of grammar mistakes.

My youtube has friendlies and a funny spike. Way to go with the ad hominem route in ignoring the rest of my post.

As for the little content in your post... Your opinion of our philosophy is just that: Your opinion. If you don't like it, don't come here. Go and play matches on New Pork City with items set to Very High in a coin match; I don't really care. However, you're adding nothing to this stage discussion but hostility and the basic "i dun like dis ****" schtick that we get every other day.

Hope I see you at the NYC Weekly tomorrow. ;)

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing New Pork City and Shadow Moses Island would be banned from tournaments. Here are some good reasons.

1) New Pork City: First, the stage is really big, so it would allow camping, as well as being difficult to KO people (like Melee's Temple). Two, there are a lot of platforms the would obscure on KOing at low percentages, particularly there is one giant one with a smaller platform below (where there is a platform, which a boarded-up wooden planks where you can destroy). Also, the Chimera is a really big hazard. Despite being easily avoidable, one may be really unfortunate and ended up landing onto the Chimera (or the Chimera appears AT the person).

2)Shadow Moses: The big reason being there are two pillars that make it difficult to KO (which lead you no choice but to star KO). Although the pillars can be destroyed, stale-move negation from constantly trying to destroy the pillar will hinder KO abilities.

Oracle

Smash Master
I'm guessing New Pork City and Shadow Moses Island would be banned from tournaments. Here are some good reasons.

1) New Pork City: First, the stage is really big, so it would allow camping, as well as being difficult to KO people (like Melee's Temple). Two, there are a lot of platforms the would obscure on KOing at low percentages, particularly there is one giant one with a smaller platform below (where there is a platform, which a boarded-up wooden planks where you can destroy). Also, the Chimera is a really big hazard. Despite being easily avoidable, one may be really unfortunate and ended up landing onto the Chimera (or the Chimera appears AT the person).

2)Shadow Moses: The big reason being there are two pillars that make it difficult to KO (which lead you no choice but to star KO). Although the pillars can be destroyed, stale-move negation from constantly trying to destroy the pillar will hinder KO abilities.
Good job! But these stages have been auto-ban for a long time now. But congrats for using logic , unlike some of the people in this thread.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Wow, this thread is turning into massive fail...the only people who I can still think of that make sense here are 1 winged angel, Thiocyanide, and Erich. Then there's me.

I'll see if I can repost the stage list that we've been working on in a little bit. All I can say for now is that this thread is lacking intelligent discussion.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Can someoone plese explain the rules of counterpicking? i'm new to all the tourny rules....!
Counterpicking is done on games 2 and 3 (when applicable).

Say Player A loses against Player B in game 1.

Player A declares what stage they're fighting on.
Player B chooses their character.
Player A chooses their character.

(EDIT: and although I explained it, Dawn is right, there are more than enough guides lying around the site's various boards that can help you out with that question as well as any others you might have.)

Hmm...I wonder how many people knew who DAlegendarysamus is. It seems like Thio was the only one who did, and even then I'm not sure. That winking face is mindgames.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Hmm...I wonder how many people knew who DAlegendarysamus is. It seems like Thio was the only one who did, and even then I'm not sure. That winking face is mindgames.
I have a pretty good idea of who it is, and regardless of the purpose of the posts, they were still useless and annoying ><

habaker91

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, it appears i am part of a minority then.
But i see hannenbow as an optional CP, when it can be looped (or, so i thought, has something new come up?)
How is that even up for debate?
I think, judging by the opinions of many of you, port town cannot be made a CP, but it should at least be made optional. After all, while most of you think of the cars kill too early, there is no denying that they can be learned, predicted and dodged on a consistent basis, and i'm not the only only who believes this.

And as a side note, stop changing the reason that makes it a ban.
When i first posted, you railed on the cars,
second post, you said that the cars didnt matter and it was banned b/c of walk offs (unless you were referring to mario circuit again, then my bad).
You may not agree with me, but please, if you are in the right like you believe, you shouldnt have to rely on dancing around my points to win an argument

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I think Halberd should be playable. Note, I haven't been to tournaments so don't get mad at me if I'm missing some important detail. but Ithink I know enough about the game to know what's fair and such to characters...

The halberd doesn't really give the advantage to one player specifically right? What I'm aying is, Kind Dedede doesn't have an advantage over some others because of walls, enabling him 2 easily chaingrab.. (stole example from some1 else sorry!). and yea halberd has stage hazards, but come on. They are all easily avoidable, and can implement more stradegy into your game. I don't really know what counters as a neutral stage and counter-pick stage, but I'm guessing neutral stages are pretty much the boring ones with no special effects, ex/ final destinaion and battlefield? (and don't get me wrong I love the aforementioned 'boring' stages). Counterpicks are ones with a slight twist in them?

-some1 said pkmn stadium 1 should be banned, and this is my OPINION about it:
I don't think so. if a certain character is able to get you in a jam on that stage, then learn to avoid that situation, or figure out how to get out of it. If you can't get out of it, then do your best to avoid it. You should be able to avoid getting pinned to a wall. and if you are, you have the shield roll, sidestep, and aerials to take account for. Or just don't get in that position. i think that each character/player has every right to use the stages to their advantage, as long as it isn't a glitch or something like that. It throws more stradegy into the game, which I think is good.

Once again, don't get all p.o.'d because you don't agree with me. It's my opinion, and also, i've already stated I may be wrong, because I don't have alot of experience with tournament play/rules.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
We need to stop the extra stage lists or this thread isn't going to go anywhere.

Focus on this list, guys. Discuss what you think should be changed.

Singles:
Battlefield Recommended: Random Starter
Final Destination Recommended: Random Starter
Lylat Cruise Recommended: Random Starter
Smashville Recommended: Random Starter
Yoshi's Island Brawl Recommended: Random Starter

Brinstar Recommended: Counterpick
Castle Siege Recommended: Counterpick
Delfino Plaza Recommended: Counterpick
Distant Planet Recommended: Counterpick
Frigate Orpheon Recommended: Counterpick
Green Greens Recommended: Counterpick
Halberd Recommended: Counterpick
Luigi's Mansion Recommended: Counterpick
Onett Recommended: Counterpick
PictoChat Recommended: Counterpick
Pokemon Stadium Recommended: Counterpick
Rainbow Cruise Recommended: Counterpick

Jungle Japes Recommended: Counterpick Optional: Banned

Hanenbow Recommended: Banned Optional: Counterpick
Norfair Recommended: Banned Optional: Counterpick
Pirate Ship Recommended: Banned Optional: Counterpick
Pokemon Stadium 2 Recommended: Banned Optional: Counterpick
Yoshi's Island Melee Recommended: Banned Optional: Counterpick

75 m Recommended: Banned
Big Blue Recommended: Banned
Bridge of Eldin Recommended: Banned
Corneria Recommended: Banned
Flat Zone 2 Recommended: Banned
Green Hill Zone Recommended: Banned
Rumble Falls Recommended: Banned
Mario Bros. Recommended: Banned
Mario Circuit Recommended: Banned
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 Recommended: Banned
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2 Recommended: Banned
New Pork City Recommended: Banned
Port Town Aero Dive Recommended: Banned
Shadow Moses Island Recommended: Banned
Skyworld Recommended: Banned
Spear Pillar Recommended: Banned
Summit Recommended: Banned
Temple Recommended: Banned
WarioWare, Inc. Recommended: Banned

Doubles:

Corneria Recommended: Counterpick
Norfair Recommended: Counterpick

Jungle Japes Recommended: Counterpick Optional: Banned

Mario Circuit Recommended: Banned
Guys when you come into the thread at least look around before you post. This took me less than 3 minutes to find. Just take your time, and pretend to be intelligent.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I'm also guessing Spear Pillar should be banned. Sometimes, the stage will mirror itself or flip upside down that would result in unwanted self-destructs due to the confusion when the stage mirrors and flips. Also, the legendary pokemon that appears seems to make the stage really hard.

Stacey

Smash Rookie
I really don't get why any stage should be banned... "OMFG IT HAS DEATH HAZARDS!" Okay just don't touch them. "I KEEP GETTING KNOCKED INTO THEM" You can hit your opponent into them too. "THIS STAGE MOVES!" Maybe you should follow it. "ITS TOO BIG AND CAN BE CAMPED ON EASILY" I've seen plenty of people camp effectively on Smashville, it should be banned too then. "WARIOWARE GIVES RANDOM POWER UPS!" They aren't random, you just follow the minigame's instructions. "BUT A MORE SKILLED PLAYER COULD STOP YOU FROM DOING THE GAMES" Isn't skill what you use to win on Final Destination? "WELL I DON'T LIKE THAT STAGE SO IT SHOULDEN'T BE ALLOWED" Well don't pick it and hope you don't get put on it.

Theres really no reason, no stage gives one player any unfair advantage over another.

habaker91

Smash Apprentice
I'm also guessing Spear Pillar should be banned. Sometimes, the stage will mirror itself or flip upside down that would result in unwanted self-destructs due to the confusion when the stage mirrors and flips. Also, the legendary pokemon that appears seems to make the stage really hard.
good point, would have been relevant like 150 pages ago

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I really don't get why any stage should be banned... "OMFG IT HAS DEATH HAZARDS!" Okay just don't touch them. "I KEEP GETTING KNOCKED INTO THEM" You can hit your opponent into them too. "THIS STAGE MOVES!" Maybe you should follow it. "ITS TOO BIG AND CAN BE CAMPED ON EASILY" I've seen plenty of people camp effectively on Smashville, it should be banned too then. "WARIOWARE GIVES RANDOM POWER UPS!" They aren't random, you just follow the minigame's instructions. "BUT A MORE SKILLED PLAYER COULD STOP YOU FROM DOING THE GAMES" Isn't skill what you use to win on Final Destination? "WELL I DON'T LIKE THAT STAGE SO IT SHOULDEN'T BE ALLOWED" Well don't pick it and hope you don't get put on it.

Theres really no reason, no stage gives one player any unfair advantage over another.
Please go to tourneys before you even start talking like this. -_-;;

Oracle

Smash Master
This is probably the stupidest thing ever said in this thread. You clearly know nothing about brawl.
You cant always avoid getting hit into death hazards for random, low % death, and it distracts the from the fighting to avoid the hazards.
Moving distracts from the fighting a lot, making it more of a race or who can camp at the part near the edges to stall the match.
The big stages can be camped on, but they can also be used for simply running around to stall the match, or they have a cave of life where it takes over 300% to die, and even then you can usually tech (temple)
Warioware's powerup's are random. If both people complete the game exactly the same way, then one could get invincibility, while the other gets nothing.
No.
Just... no.
Go play a dedede on shadow moses or bridge of eldin.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
I Love The New Generation Of Smash

AIGHT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE TALKING ****.

Thiocyanide LETS DO A BEST OF 5 MM MY SONIC VS YOU W.E

I JUST WANT TO BEAT UR *** THATS ALL

CAUSE TRYING TO TALK TO U GUYZ ABOUT WHAT RULES SHOULD BE IS LIKE TALKING TO A BRICK WALL SO I HOPE I DO SEE YOU AT THE WEEKLY DONT HIDE OR RUN I WILL FIND U SO TELL ME WHAT UR GOING TO BE WEARING SO I CAN SPOT U.

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
Singles:

Jungle Japes: Counterpick

Mario Circuit Recommended: Counterpick Optional: Banned

Norfair Recommended: Banned Optional: Counterpick

Corneria Recommended: Banned

My oppinions/ changes in RED

Jungel Japes: almost a neutral layout, the only problem seems to be the water/ crocs. but even hitting the crocs doesnt do to much unless at high %s, and the water actually can save you from death rather than killing you. I dont really see why the two things should be cause for ban.

Mario Curcuit: Walkoffs and car hazaards are the only problems, and while the Walkoffs could be cause for possible ban, some other stages in the counterpick section give DDD infinates (green greens) and have temp walkoffs (castle siege, Delfino) and the cars do almost no damage/ knockback.

correct me if im wrong, but im sorry for not looking back at the 100+ pages of posts to see your resonaings.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Haha, sounds good, Wes (I wasn't being sarcastic about seeing you at the weekly, though 0_o;;).

I'm wearing my baseball cap w/ a big yellow question mark on it, so look for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom