• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Wrath`

Smash Master
How about fighting on top of a train.The train would move like in big blue by having train cars switch out.Some cars could be specilised by have cars with passengers that throw bomb-ombs at you.And others to

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
**WARNING- THIS IS A KICK A$$ IDEA AND I DON'T KNOW IF IT HAS BEEN MENTIONED YET**

You should have the option of playing on Target Test stages. Know how kickass that'd be? Sure, some chars might be at an advantage, but that's why you have the option of choosing it! It's be SO fun!

EDIT: Also, a Zora's Domain one would kick *** too
I was just thinking about the exact same thing earlier today.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
^^^Ye. In the original you could do that with AR. It ws loads of fun. but you never got to choose specifications for a match. If they let us, that would be kick ***.

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
I have noticed quite a few people on these boards said that they wanted Hyrule Castle from SSB to return and while I agree with them completely, I have a slighty different suggestion...

How about Hyrule Castle from Twilight Princess? Honestly, the game is not only the best selling game on Wii but also on Gamecube AND is heralded as better than Ocarina of Time by most so why not update a classic. The stage would take place in the castle's courtyard (as seen in the screenshot) and would be another level that takes place in real-time from day to night. I understand most of you are probably like "OMG, WE NeEd teh LeVel to Be on THe RoOF! " but really, no we don't. We already have the Fire Emblem castle confirmed to take place on the roof so let's mix things up a bit.

As for hazards, well, there wouldn't be any. I'd want a basic tournament-accepted stage with two platforms and a tall middle platform, that being the Triforce statue. As for music, I believe this track from the game would best fit the mood of SSBB if it was sped up just a little more and orchestrated. This is the track.

So yeah, that's my biggest suggestions but other levels I would love to see are:

-A Gerudo Desert Stage (Gerudo Desert from Twilight Princess)
-Saffron City Stage (I'd loved it from SSBB)
-Zonness Space Base (From Star Fox Assault)
-Big Blue Stage (Basically the same as the one from SSBM)
-Magmoor Caverns Stage (From Metroid Prime)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yo person above.If you read some off my posts you would have seen i said zonnes sea base.

You know what we need?weather conditons.Rain,snowect...
And the ability to make it light or dark out.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I would like a stage that has seismic activity, plate techtonics, & that rips apart.

Also, I would love for there to be a wrestling ring as a stage.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I would like more stages that are more basic, like Final Destination, and Battlefield, for some more serious matches, maybe about 8-10 of those. They can also include Gimmick courses, you know, the ones like Brinstar, Big Blue, Poke Floats.

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
Awesome, another person who thinks my idea for Zoness Sea Base is cool! (The wrath of Koarin)

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
Howabout a stage crossover thing like Fox's new stage PLUS Samus's gunship as a platform that cud fly in from time to time or any other ridiculous crossovers u can think of

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
they definietly need more stages with moving platforms and such, not necessarialy where the whole stage moves, but individual pieces, and not just one or two platforms like brinstar, but where almost every platform does something (maybe an entire level of moving platforms, mario bros style!)

D

Deleted member

I liked the phasing part of Pokemon Stadium in melee.

How about a Zelda themed stage? I was thinking of Koholint Island (from Link's Awakening).

Basically, the stage could either start on the beach, prairie, the mountains or wherever. The stage would eventualy lose its colour and fade to grey, then shift to another location. The music could shift as well.

After a while the stage could just fade to black and the camera pull out, to show
its all a dream in the Wind Fish's eye.

Yo Brawlin, I agree we need a lava themed stage (like Norfair Depths with Ridley causing havoc).

Devastlian

Smash Lord
How 'bout a Game and Watch style stage where it mimics other stages and switches between them complete with old NES/Tiger Electronics music for each configuration? That'd be awesome to play on.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Final Destination Aftermath or Final Destination Ground Zero

I would like more stages that are more basic, like Final Destination, and Battlefield, for some more serious matches, maybe about 8-10 of those. They can also include Gimmick courses, you know, the ones like Brinstar, Big Blue, Poke Floats.
Yeah, I definately want more stages like Final Destination & Battlefield for tournament play, but just for fun, I would like to see Final Destination Ground Zero stage with the stage splitting apart. Also, I want to see the orb at the bottom of the stage destroyed, thus the pieces floating stage falls endlessly causing a heck of a difficult time for characters to fight, let alone stay alive!!

Wrath`

Smash Master
If the orb blew up thn you could have the remaining pieces tumble in and out of the screen making it a jumping battle.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I definately want more stages like Final Destination & Battlefield for tournament play, but just for fun, I would like to see Final Destination Ground Zero stage with the stage splitting apart. Also, I want to see the orb at the bottom of the stage destroyed, thus the pieces floating stage falls endlessly causing a heck of a difficult time for characters to fight, let alone stay alive!!
That wouldn't be too bad, though I've always been more for the very straight forward stages like FD and Corneria (or whatever the spelling is). They're a good stage for testing skill alone. However, I also have fun on stages like Hyrule, Rainbow Ride, etc...

In general, I just think more stages = more fun ;p

Lightshade

Smash Ace
That wouldn't be too bad, though I've always been more for the very straight forward stages like FD and Corneria (or whatever the spelling is). They're a good stage for testing skill alone. However, I also have fun on stages like Hyrule, Rainbow Ride, etc...

In general, I just think more stages = more fun ;p
More stages would be very nice, but for serious matches I wouldn't want them to change final destination or battlefield.

Knowwuh

Smash Cadet
I hope they will put EVERY stages from ssb64... it would be gold since every stages in ssb64 were really good stages
I agree!!! It would be awesome if there were a few stages from SSBM as well...but I still want the total number of new stages to be greater than the total number of old stages!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
So this threadis basically talking about the stages confirmed, correct? It's not about thinking of new stages they could add, right? just making sure.

I like the Mario Kart stage, it looks neat!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I think all of the SSBM stages were good. For Brawl, I would like to see levels from the worlds of the new characters. Zebes in SSB would be good too

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
What do you think of a Safari Zone Stage. With pokemons in the background, sometimes a
logo will appear, like Cap. Falcon Stage, and a lot of tauros will appear and yo will have to avoid them or jump them, of course that stage needs to have time, like the vidgame. so, What do you think?

Rash

Smash Ace
There should definitley be some kind of darkness-associated stage. Either the Twilight Realm from Twilight Princess, or the Dark World from Metroid Prime 2.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
What do you think of a Safari Zone Stage. With pokemons in the background, sometimes a
logo will appear, like Cap. Falcon Stage, and a lot of tauros will appear and yo will have to avoid them or jump them, of course that stage needs to have time, like the vidgame. so, What do you think?
THAT IS THE F&*(ing BEST IDEA EVA!! woah~!

All my ideas sound crap now.. I was thinking they could have a Zoness stage from starforx 64 & starfox assault. The characters could battle atop one of the rusted decrepit cargo ships, the cargo could be destroyed much like the platforms in Pit's level & the sea creatures can randomly jump out and over the ship from any side hitting the characters aboard.

I dont know about any other stages.. except i am so totally SICK TO DEATH OF BRINSTAR... i know its a well known area of Zebes, but for gods sakes theres MILLIONS of other planets let alone areas!.. They could use norfair or... I was actually thinking the area on Tallon IV where you battle Meta Ridley for the last time would be pretty cool.. the big circle area with the glowing artifacts with dark clouds and the impact crator in the background?... it would be awesome.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I kind of thought it would be a little bit of a rip off from the f-zero stage, the mario circut stage.. and the earthbound stage, but think of how many other possibilities the safari zone has!?..

You could introduce basictly any pokemon into the area where everyones brawling.. affecting the stage in some way, using their own special abilities. Tauros stampeding accross the screen would be just one of them..

For instance it could be a scrolling screen like rainbow ride.. and you could visit caves.. or treetops of the safari zone.. having to deal with Steelix and Mankeys... there could be underwater terrain in one of the lakes where the characters movement is impeded and you have to watch out for Dragonair & Mantine swimming past.. Or maybe just a whole heap of logs that you jump accross the lakes on watching out for jumping Magikarp & Seeking

.. If you disturb the grass plains some pokemon birds could fly out and perhaps there could be ryhorns and nidorans closely resembling rocks whilst sleeping accross the stage.. and if you land one one thats.. a pokemon.. and.. isnt a rock.. it could like wake up and get all ****ty!!? How bout it guys... yeah?.. *crickits*

Sorry.,. just.. got a flood of ideas from Mestro's comment

theory contradiction

Smash Rookie
I think they definately need a Twilight Realm stage... Or maybe they could have a stage that is normal, and then have the Curtain of Twilight sometimes come over the level and change it? That might be neat. They could do something similiar for an MP2 dark world stage (although I'm not a fan of MP2's dark world). I also hope they do a level based on Zora's Domain (a big waterfall would be cool, and maybe it could tie in with petre's underwater idea) and maybe Death Mountain.

Let's see... If Captain Olimar ends up getting in, they need a Pikmin stage in the garden, where everything is HUGE (the flowers and stuff, not necesarily the layout). That would be tight. And they need a Mario Galaxy stage... That could be VERY interesting, if they had it so it was actually a planet you ran around.

Top Bottom