• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Couple of ideas:

Chars: Toon dorf, bring back mewtwo and make him what he should of been in melee an overpowered evil floaty dude not just a floaty dude that a pichu can kill i mean come on in the movie, games w/e mwetwo could blow somthing up just by looking at it!!!, maybe that giant crocodile from donkey kong the last boss of n64 dont know name not played in years, roy(he is our boy after all), knuckles,shadow would be good, walugi, maybe bring in another ice climbers character if there is one, rayman, spyro would be cool, BRING BACK DR.MARIO, krystal from starfox maybe, maybe get some bleach chars on it that would be amazing btw if you dont know wat bleach is my avatar is one of the chars.
This has to be the single worst roster I've ever read. Not only do you have ZERO understanding of Ice Climber (Only two characters are already in?!), but when you're asking for people like Rayman, Bleach, and Toon Ganondorf to come...

Well, yeah. It's safe to say you're pretty new to this. Read the Social Group roster here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6537749&postcount=14431

have absolutely every stage that has ever been on a smash game like the n64 hyrule castle or the city stage that was on melee with the ufo.

keep the same hitstun, gravity as brawl i'm srry melee fans/brawl + fans but i think its just annoying that you have hardly any chance of recovering and cant move when getting combo'ed but my thoughts so think wat ya want...
The next game needs to have a little bit more hitstun and speed. It's a fighting game without combos. That's just not right.

samiz

Smash Rookie
More metroid characters like Dark Samus or Sylux.
Have Zero Suit Samus and Samus as different characters.
Get rid of Smash Balls.
Less Pokemon.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I still question why R.O.B. wasn't on that roster...Sakurai seems to be obsessed with him, and has seen the GDC crowd love him to death, so I doubt he'll go anywhere.

Scott!

Smash Lord
More metroid characters like Dark Samus or Sylux.
Have Zero Suit Samus and Samus as different characters.
Get rid of Smash Balls.
Less Pokemon.
ZSS and Samus are pretty much separate. I mean, you have to do the whole holding R to select ZSS, but they aren't like Sheik/Zelda. But if we get rid of Smash Balls, then it would have to happen if they both return.

Also, why no more Smash Balls? Sure, they're uncompetitive, but they can be turned off. Unless you have a better idea for Final Smashes. I'm just curious as to your reasoning.

S

smash brawl player 99021

please no more megaman wanters... I wouldnt buy it if he was in it... Hopefully louie or the President from pikmin 2 or fawful? xD

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I still question why R.O.B. wasn't on that roster...Sakurai seems to be obsessed with him, and has seen the GDC crowd love him to death, so I doubt he'll go anywhere.
Well, he was the odd man out, so to speak. Out of all the retro characters, he was the one that everybody was like 'oh cool R.O.B.s in!' at first, but then failed to make the splash that the other retro's have in the past. It's not impossible that he will be in... it's just not that we're close to being 100% certain that he will be in.

IcyDeath said:
please no more megaman wanters... I wouldnt buy it if he was in it... Hopefully louie or the President from pikmin 2 or fawful? xD
Why wouldn't you buy it if Megaman was in? That's pretty **** shallow. He's is easily the most likely 3rd party character (long history with Nintendo, Creator said he wanted to see him in Smash, Popularity) and is one of three characters people were pretty much 100% certain that he would be in Brawl (the other two being Ridley and K. Rool).

As for Louie... well, we already have Olimar. Pikmin just isn't important enough for a second rep. Same goes for the President.

And Bowser Jr./Paper Mario is getting in from the Mario's series before anybody else.

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
My wishlist

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Skull Kid
Toon Link

Pokemon:
Pickachu
PT
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario

Golden Sun:
Isaac

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samuriah Goroh
Black Shadow

Fire-Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Sothe

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Retro:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Pit
Little Mac

Earthbound:
Ness
Lucas
Masked Man

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Starfox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Wario:
Wario

Pikmin:
Pikmin and Olimar

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Sin and Punishment:
Saki

3rd Party:
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Ryu
Simon Belmont

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I hope your not one of those *protesters* that won't buy the game if he/her isn't in the game or if he/her got in but someone I want didn't get in, lol. Pikmin needs to have more games to clam more characters and Fawful would be a cool character since he is important in the Mario & Luigi series.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I hope your not one of those *protesters* that won't buy the game if he/her isn't in the game or if he/her got in but someone I want didn't get in, lol. Pikmin needs to have more games to clam more characters and Fawful would be a cool character since he is important in the Mario & Luigi series.

At this point, I can see Fawful being the Dan Hibiki of Super Smash Bros.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Viper why do you put a star before and after every post?
lol, even though it's no SSB4 releated, I'll answer. The star at the end of my post represent many things, Kirby's element's are basicly star related, Witch, (the Puyo Puyo character that I have on my avatar, ending, and on my sig), strongest attacks are based on star attacks, and the color of the stars represent the sun, (gold), and the moon, (silver), my two favorite power controls, (chrono power related, to control time and space). That and I'm starting a style group when posting.

On topic: The next adventure mode I would want just about every character to have a boss from their games, I was kind of sad that I didn't see Donkey Kong's, or Kirby's bosses in Brawl.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Toad is not getting in. He has been delegated to a generic character for about 15 years now. Sorry, man. He has zero place over Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Baby Mario Bros. Toad is cool and all, but...

He's just not important enough anymore to get in. Nintendo doesn't really care about him anymore.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I feel for Vorguen though, I can't believe people would suggest WaLuigi over Toad.

I would say Bowser Jr. and leave it at that, there is way to much disagreement on all the other mario maybe's.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Poor Toad. He's lost all personality, and has been replaced by a load of generic clones running around with different colored heads. He had a chance once, or more like, if things had turned out differently, he would make it. But I doubt it'll happen now.

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
in ssbb4 woul snake be old snake and would the third party charcters would be from same company, ex. megaman and ryu

trev94

Smash Journeyman
☻Since when had Final smashs been competitive, final smashs should be used just for fun and are fun besides a lot of items are kind of cheap like curry or certian assit trophys/pokeballs.☻

♣ ♠ ♣ ♠
... thats why i dont think they should be in the game...cuz their cheap.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
... thats why i dont think they should be in the game...cuz their cheap.
If you really don't like final smashes, just turn them off. It isn't that hard. FS's aren't cheap, you have the same chance to get them as others. Final smashes are a big part of brawl and possibly ssb4

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
FS's aren't cheap, you have the same chance to get them as others.
No, I don't have the same chances. I'm an incredibly unlucky person, and Smashballs usually only come out when I'm offstage, so my opponent has a FS to finish me off - or maybe even take the next stock when I don't survive my offstage adventure.

gantrain05

Smash Master
If you really don't like final smashes, just turn them off. It isn't that hard. FS's aren't cheap, you have the same chance to get them as others. Final smashes are a big part of brawl and possibly ssb4
ok, first off, ganondorf DOES NOT have the same chance to get a FS as metaknight, ganon doesn't even have time to think about doing anything other than try to think of a way to stop being ***** by meta. faster chars always have the advantage with final smashes and items on.

justaway12

Smash Master
♠ Yes people don't have the same chance to get an FS but that is the same with all the other items since they keep popping out randomly, if you don't like them just switch them off. I quite like FSs because they are quite unique exept for the space animals... but who doesn't like landmaster? ♠

kuro06

Smash Cadet
There are times when the losing player gets the smash ball automatically..that has happen to me before even when smashballs were off.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
There are times when the losing player gets the smash ball automatically..that has happen to me before even when smashballs were off.
That's, how are they called, "Pity FS". An enemy gets them when you're like 5 or 6 stocks ahead of them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pity Final Smashes ONLY occur when the Smash Ball is turned ON. If the Smash Ball is turned OFF, it'll never happen.

The settings must've been set so that even tough no items will appear, the Smash Ball is set to ON, which is why the Pity Final Smash occurred.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I really want them to take out the stupid random tripping, why did they put that in!?!?!

Another thing I think would be great would be to make it so 2 people can grab onto 1 ledge to make edgehogging just about impossible.

I would love for them to be able to fix up online and expand on the stage builder and replay lenghts!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I really want them to take out the stupid random tripping, why did they put that in!?!?!
If you deal with annoying chain grabers, then you would want random tripping to do it's magic. I'll clam that it make's the game more realistic that people trip somtimes when you run, slide, or turn around. But since this is the gaming world, no such thing could be very good to added. But since Snake is the most "realistic" character in the game, I guess that's why tripping was added. =P

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
RANDOM tripping is bad. It's okay if it's because of ice, Flat Zone oil slick, banana peels etc. because then it's controllable.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
i did turn them off. why would i keep them on if i dont like them?

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
i did turn them off. why would i keep them on if i dont like them?
Well why do you complain about them if you don't play with them anyway?

Also, it takes several hits for metaknight to get a final smash, while ganon only needs one hit. Metaknight also has a really lousy Final smash and is easy to avoid. Ganon has a powerful one and it takes up a good amount of space. There are a few exceptions like Sonic, but sonic sucks at killing anyway so if he gets a final smash you should be able to even the numbers out pretty quickly.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yeah, there really isn't a great reason to remove FSs. If you don't like them, then leave them off. Personally, I like them, even with how little I actually have items on. But they are good for epic free-for-alls. Actually, having them as turn-off-able items is possibly better than the suggested things like the charge bar, or whatever it's called. I get the feeling that would not be able to be turned off if it were. It might, but I just worry that it wouldn't.

Edit: @ Wizzerd below me: Exactly. They are fun. They should stay in some form that ca be easily turned off, or that doesn't unbalance competitive play. *Thinks of the critical finishes in SC IV.*

§leepy God

Smash Master
Final Smashes may be unbalanced, but they make battles more epic. :p
I'll say they make the match more fun and epic. :D

Speaking of Final Smash's, I don't like Smash Ball's only match's with Zelda, Wolf, Luigi, or Wario because they can get the Smash Ball very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom