• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersonicridley

Smash Cadet
Ridley V 2.1

Entrance: He drops from the top of the screen very fast and lands on all of his limbs then he roars and gets up.

Appearance: Like his brawl trophy. Maybe with slightly smaller wings, tail, or body if it would make him look better with the other characters. Kind of hunched over while he is standing on the ground.

Weight: Medium, about like Mario

Speed: Slow ground movement. But really fast air movement and falling speed, can glide the fastest and can start to glide almost instantly after your second jump.

Size: A little shorter than bowser, but a little longer, slightly smaller overall than bowser.

Jump: Can jump 2 times in midair flapping his wings with each jump, each jump he has is very high compared to most characters, but not as high as falco’s first jump. The total height he can reach with all of his standard jumps is greater than charizard but less than pit.

Movement: walking speed is the slowest in the game; he just tries to hobble along in this aquard stance. His dash is like charizdard’s how he just glides along; he is a little faster than charizard and flaps his wings while he dashes for an awesome effect. Can’t wall cling wall jump or crawl. Air speed is very good (about like wario). Falling speed is also high (like Falco).

ATTACKS
-Ridley generally has good range and medium knockback on all of his moves with a tad more ending lag. He attacks pretty fast but most of his attacks require precision and proper spacing to be really effective.

Glide attack: pressing attack button will make him bite and claw in front and a little below him (11%), medium speed and high knockback. Can use standard B move while gliding.

Ledge attack: below 100%: Ridley spits a fireball a little bit onto the stage and then flaps his wings and sort of flies up (5%). Above 100% he slowly pulls himself up and bites in front of him (4%)

Get up attack: he whips his tail around him while he claws around him (4%)

STANDARD ATTACKS

A: Claw Swipe with Right Claw (1%), very fast

AA: Claw Swipe with Left Claw (1%), very fast

AAA: Fast bite (3%), very fast

Dash Attack: Head butt (9%)

Utilt: swings his head up and bites above him (5%), poor knockback, medium range, fast

Ftilit: Tail Swipe, spins 360 with tail out (kind of like mewtwo’s Ftilt) (3%), good range, very fast. Low knockback

Dtilt: Swipes the ground with his claw once while ducking (6%), medium range, medium fast

SMASH ATTACKS

Fsmash: rears back then charges with shoulder and head (from metroid prime), goes forward a little ways like wolf’s F smash (26%), Ridiculously slow but ridiculous knockback

Usmash: Folds his wings up tight and then expands them quickly to both sides while facing the screen, Hitting above him and a little to the sides with one wing on each side (16%). Low knock back, but good range, medium speed

Dsmash: Does the tail spin move from metroid prime, spins around with his tail on the ground only slows down a little on each side so it looks like more like he is swiping it to both sides (17%), medium range and knock back, medium slow speed.

AIR ATTACKS

Nair: Twirls his tail around alternating from right side to left side of him. It covers most of his body and a little below and behind him, fast, long cool down, many hits (1%-12%)

Fair: Claws with one claw in front (3%) then spins around quickly and strikes in front with one talon (7%), strikes twice, fast medium speed, second hit does good knock back

Bair: folds his wings back together very hard and hits them backward while he moves slightly in the opposite direction from the force of flapping his wings backward (8%). Medium knockback and speed.

Uair: front flips and his tail hits them upwards, great range, low knock back (4%)

DAir: Coils his tail and then lets loose a mighty tail stab downward with great range and power (the move he killed so many of us with in the 2D metroid games). Very slow but insane spiking ability (14%) if hit with the tip, otherwise (5%)

GRABS

Grab: grabs in front with his claws, your average grab, kind of short range but quick.

Pummel: breaths a bit of fire on them (1%)

Up throw: chomps on them then aims his head up wards and breaths a stream of fire that pushes them out of his mouth (12%). Low knock back

Down throw: flies in a circle about the size of Metaknight’s shuttle loop then slams them into the ground, high knock back upwards (7%).

Forward throw: slams them down and claws in front of him sending them away. (8%)
Back throw: he jumps a little as he throws them under his legs and whips them away with his tail (9%).

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Standard special: Fire ball shot: shoots a fire ball with the power and range and speed depending on how long the button is held, holding B will make him close his mouth and start gathering fire that you can see partially coming out of his teeth indicating how much he has in his mouth. Just tapping the button will release a single fireball straight in front of him that travels a little faster than Ivysaur’s razor leaf that dies away at about the range of fox’s blaster (4%). Holding it longer will make the fire ball larger and it will travel slightly faster and while you are holding it you can slowly angle his head adjust the trajectory (can do this while gliding, cannot adjust glide angle while charging) maximum angle upwards and downwards of about 30 degrees. Holding it down until it charges all the way will make an extremely fast fire ball that is about as powerful as Samus’ charge shot (20%) when it is fully charged. It takes about as long as Ike’s standard B move to charge all the way. The ending lag increases with charge amount (shooting one quick one will have hardly any, while a big one will have about as much as a standard slow smash attack) Charge doesn’t release upon reaching full charge. Can’t store charge.

Side special: Pirate abduction: grabs opponent and jumps into the air. The grab as pretty short range (like melee bowser’s B>, but you will only grab them and not hit them) you can jump 2 times in mid air with them in your clutches (your horizontal air speed is reduced) while in your clutches you can bite them with A, doing a little damage ( about 2-3 %) you can then press up or down, up will make ridley do a back flip then throw them upward (very low knock back) by biting them and throwing them upwards with his jaws (5%). Ridley can’t jump again after this or use any specials. pressing Down will make ridley and the opponent rapidly spiral downwards until they hit something (can be used as a suicide move but ridley will die first) when they hit ground the opponent will fly off at 45 degrees away from ridley (set knockback, depending on height) and ridley will have fairly long cool down, but only the opponent will take damage. The damage done depends on the height dropped (3-19%). The opponents can DI downwards and drag you down depending on their current damage level. (0% and they can get all the way to the ground very fast before you can jump again, ~65% and on you will easily be able to any move you wish). If they reach the ground ridley will drop them and will have a little ending lag so the opponent can counter attack Ridley

Up special: Dragon air dash: Ridley will fold up his wings and enter a very aerodynamic stance and travel extremely fast in the direction you hold the control stick after pressing up B (like Fox’s side B only you can aim the direction).It goes about 1.5 times as far as fox’s up B. It is Very very fast but very little damage (2%) and knockback (won’t kill at 300%). After use ridley enters free fall.

Down special: Wing burst: ridley crouches down while facing the screen and stretches his wings up as high as they will go then forces them down very rapidly on each side causing two large gusts of wind on each side of him that. These gusts of wind have properties similar to water gun and F.L.U.D. only more with more distance and stun. they will push enemies and objects away but will not damage them. The gusts of wind are visible. The gusts extend about 1.1 times ridley body length to both sides and are as high as he is. There is very little lag and the start and end of the move. If the opponent is right under his wings then they will get pushed out really far (about 2.5 times as much as if they would have gotten hit by only the gust) and take some damage (4%) and flinch but the range is pretty small for this area. The gusts can stop weaker projectiles like Mario’s fire balls and shiek’s needles. If used in the air ridley will hover there for a bit.

Final Smash. Omega Ridley
a small phazon explosion engulfs ridley and he becomes Omega Ridley all of your movement speed is increased, air speed is almost ridiculous. Size increases to 1.5 times and appearance changes to look awesome and terrifying. All of your moves are very fast and have a phazon element added to them which deals continuing damage to the opponent and makes them glow blue and makes the phazon damage sound for a bit. You can now glide at any angle no matter what and you won’t slow down and fade out of the glide unless you jump again. All of your moves also have increased knock back. Ridley will not flinch at all during this but can still take damage.

TAUNTS

Up taunt: Ridley faces the screen and raises his head up ward and lets out a huge screaming roar.

Side taunt: Ridley perches on the ground and hisses and snarls while his eyes glow an intense red.

Down taunt: pulls out the container with the baby metroid and inspects it

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Um...there was no need to triple post. The move sets in the Make Your Move 4.0 thread are freaking huge and yet they are posted in one piece.

supersonicridley

Smash Cadet
And small changes for samus I hope for

Misiles fire faster
chage shot looks like it does in the metroid games and is the plasma beam. the physics of it stay the same though.

the ability to aim in any direction when you use a misile or charge shot. right after you press the button to use it you could aim her gun in one of 8 different directions.

fix the bombs!

and she can crawl. but she goes into a morphball and rolls around

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Why not? She's been in there for all 3 games until now. She's still popular in Japan. If you say that she's not popular and only in there for the nostalgia/retro factor, then please don't be a hypocrite wanting in Lip, or any other character who's still popular but not used anymore.

Jigglypuff - now that she's been in Brawl - won't go anywhere.
I blame too many Kanto Pokemon in the Brawl rouster for my guess. I don't pay attainton to Pocket Monster popularity, (that is what Japan call Pokemon right). Also, tsk tsk for bringing Lip up compare to Jigglypuff, Jigglypuff is still in the Pokemon games to compare. I just want the US to have Panel De Pon as the name and not Puzzle League, and the only way that could happen if she appears as on of a main attraction from a Nintnedo game. But that brings little hope because the NOA don't care for fariy girls.

Do you know how popular Jigglypuff is in Japan?
As my last post said, I don't know, nor do I want the numbers know, I'll find them myself.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I blame too many Kanto Pokemon in the Brawl rouster for my guess. I don't pay attainton to Pocket Monster popularity, (that is what Japan call Pokemon right). Also, tsk tsk for bringing Lip up compare to Jigglypuff, Jigglypuff is still in the Pokemon games to compare. I just want the US to have Panel De Pon as the name and not Puzzle League, and the only way that could happen if she appears as on of a main attraction from a Nintnedo game. But that brings little hope because the NOA don't care for fariy girls.
It's ok, I know you don't know the fans of her majesty so far. At first, I thought Jigglypuff was going to get kicked out of Brawl, but it made me joy to see her in Brawl and nobody has forgoten her, of course same with Ness. And I don't believe you didn't go crazy because someone mention Lip, a character that hasn't been herd in weeks in this thread and your most wanted and second favroite Nintendo character. Your boring now Viper, well at least in this thread. >.>

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
And I don't believe you didn't go crazy because someone mention Lip, a character that hasn't been herd in weeks in this thread and your most wanted and second favroite Nintendo character. Your boring now Viper, well at least in this thread. >.>
Well my bad. >.>

I'm now starting to care less and less about the next Smash Bros to the point that I rarely post here anymore. I have other game's that I like other than Smash Bros you know.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I blame too many Kanto Pokemon in the Brawl rouster for my guess.
what are you talking about, Kanto Pokemon are the OWN-LAY pokemon :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(I was kidding, I really don't care one way or the other about any pokemon that make it in or don't :) )

hey viper, have you ever played the gamecube panel de pon that only came out in japan?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
hey viper, have you ever played the gamecube panel de pon that only came out in japan?
*Looks at Sophia avatar* that I am, Nintendo Puzzle Collection Panel De Pon is my most favroite Panel De Pon so far, (even if the DS has Wifi, I like the story and the characters in Panel De Pon).

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
New Topic:
Do you think that Sheik should return to SSB4?
She sure as hell should've got the boot over Mewtwo in Brawl. More characters less transformations plz.

But in all seriousness, yes, she should come back, as should everyone in Brawl, aside from perhaps Toon Link. Mewtwo coming back would be nice, but it's not exactly likely.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
She sure as hell should've got the boot over Mewtwo in Brawl. More characters less transformations plz.

But in all seriousness, yes, she should come back, as should everyone in Brawl, aside from perhaps Toon Link. Mewtwo coming back would be nice, but it's not exactly likely.
I'm wondering if Wolf will leave or not. Considering that Krystal has quite the popularity and Starfox is not big enough for four reps, it might happen.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure krystal and wolf have the same amount of popularity. Wolf may be more popular in japan. But Krystal has even more popularity in america. I personally don't care who gets in. Wolf is a semi clone so if they do something completely different with krystal i would prefer her.

UncleSam

Smash Master

how could you say such a thing!
bring back all the old chars and add tetra/toon Zelda
It makes more sense and everybody gets what they want
they should of had a poll on the dojo, and you can create a list of the char. you want added and submit it

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Yeah, I agree. Sheik is like the Ice Climbers now- she's a Smash character.
There's really no reason to take out any character from Brawl except for Lucario, and him being cut is doubtful.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I agree. Sheik is like the Ice Climbers now- she's a Smash character.
There's really no reason to take out any character from Brawl except for Lucario, and him being cut is doubtful.
what makes u so sure Lucario is goin to stay? belive me i want him to stay. I just what to know what makes u say that.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
what makes u so sure Lucario is goin to stay? belive me i want him to stay. I just what to know what makes u say that.
Pokemon just is a big series, and it probably will end up with five reps, even if I want some other characters more. The only other Pokemon with a chance is Mewtwo. They have to put in Lucario for five reps.

He DOES have a higher chance of leaving than any other character, though.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Pokemon just is a big series, and it probably will end up with five reps, even if I want some other characters more. The only other Pokemon with a chance is Mewtwo. They have to put in Lucario for five reps.

He DOES have a higher chance of leaving than any other character, though.
Why 5? And yes, Lucario does have a higher cut rate.

Personally, I'm looking at 5 mario reps.

Mario
Luigi(Weegee alt.)
Bowser
Peach(Shadow queen Alt)
Rosalina

MAybe 5 Pokemon Reps.

pikachu
Jiggly
Mewtwo(yush)
Pokemon Trainer(female alt)
Lucario(probably not, tho)
if not Lucario, then maybe Blaziken or Gallade

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why 5? And yes, Lucario does have a higher cut rate.

Personally, I'm looking at 5 mario reps.

Mario
Luigi(Weegee alt.)
Bowser
Peach(Shadow queen Alt)
Rosalina

MAybe 5 Pokemon Reps.

pikachu
Jiggly
Mewtwo(yush)
Pokemon Trainer(female alt)
Lucario(probably not, tho)
if not Lucario, then maybe Blaziken or Gallade
I think Rosalina's best chances are as an alt. character for Peach. I think the next Mario character will either be Bowser Jr. or Fawful (who has appeared in all three Mario and Luigi games and has a fanbase).

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I think Rosalina's best chances are as an alt. character for Peach. I think the next Mario character will either be Bowser Jr. or Fawful (who has appeared in all three Mario and Luigi games and has a fanbase).
Bowser Jr deserves a spot, but Fawful? Fawful's fanbase is more of an "LOL mustard" thing then a playable thing. Fawful was a supporting character in Superstar Saga, a cameo character in Partners in Time, and will be the antagonist of Mario and Luigi RPG 3!!!. Paper Mario was the main character of Paper Mario, was the main character of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and was the main character of Super Paper Mario. Who do think deserves the spot more?

Hint:

On an unrelated note, I'm no longer a Smash n00b.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Paper Mario was the main character of Paper Mario, was the main character of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and was the main character of Super Paper Mario. Who do think deserves the spot more?
RAWK HAWK! (I kid)

I still say Bowser Jr. First. but I agree, Fawful should be a low priority at best, he just doesn't seem to have a very interesting moveset.

Character candidates should not just be from a good Nintendo franchise, but seem like a competent fighter and have some sort of moves that could provide flavor for their smash moveset.

If you look at smash characters over the games there is no hard set rule, you have popular characters, and lesser known characters from cult hits etc. Somehow thought the designers always seem to make even the most comical characters fit and look like good fighters you want to play as, everyone has different opinions, and I am not one to say which characters would make good smash candidates and which wouldn't, but I would say that you can only stretch believability of a character as a fighter so far.

Paper Mario is actually a great option that you put forth, is popular, has a lot of games and would have a killer moveset, I love the games but I'm still biased against him over other mario characters but that is only because I would like to see original characters in before there are 2 marios but he is very likely and there is no real reason he shouldn't be in.

Bowser Jr. first, everyone seems to disagree after that point :)

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
RAWK HAWK! (I kid)

I still say Bowser Jr. First. but I agree, Fawful should be a low priority at best, he just doesn't seem to have a very interesting moveset.

Character candidates should not just be from a good Nintendo franchise, but seem like a competent fighter and have some sort of moves that could provide flavor for their smash moveset.

If you look at smash characters over the games there is no hard set rule, you have popular characters, and lesser known characters from cult hits etc. Somehow thought the designers always seem to make even the most comical characters fit and look like good fighters you want to play as, everyone has different opinions, and I am not one to say which characters would make good smash candidates and which wouldn't, but I would say that you can only stretch believability of a character as a fighter so far.

Paper Mario is actually a great option that you put forth, is popular, has a lot of games and would have a killer moveset, I love the games but I'm still biased against him over other mario characters but that is only because I would like to see original characters in before there are 2 marios but he is very likely and there is no real reason he shouldn't be in.

Bowser Jr. first, everyone seems to disagree after that point :)
Bowser Jr is actually as much of a priority for me as Paper Mario. Also:

:laugh:

justaway12

Smash Master
♠ He was saying that it was possible for Paper Mario to get in and being another Mario doesn't diminish the fact....but I would perfer Bowser jr. over Paper Mario and I think Bowser jr. is more popular. ♠

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I was just thinkin it might be kinda funny to have something like Olimar's logbook from Pikmin make some kind of appearance. In Pikmin he would write down descriptions of enemies he saw, in SSB it could be something similar... Kinda like Snake's description of his enemies on his stage.

lol

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I want them to review the past three games and find out what was good about them, then implement the best of each game in to the next one. So like, the awesome power you felt when hitting someone in SSB64, the crazy combos and speed of Melee, and the amazing music and great level design of Brawl, for example. Also they should have a lot more past stages than they do. Also, I'd like them to spend a while playing and learning about the game, or perhaps release a BETA so that people can send in their opinions on the game and that way they can try to balance it a little more, to possibly avoid the blazing ends of the tier lists that we've seen in all the games so far. Anyway, here's a list of stuff I would like to see again:

- Board the platforms lol
- The dark color scheme for the menus from the first two games
- unique Target Tests for each character
- no final smashes (It was fun, but it was way to gimmicky and I thought it took away from the game)
- custom stages again, because that was the best part of the game
- no tripping please omfg, that was so annoying
- Roy and Mewtwo need to come back. Get rid of Snake lmao

and here's a list of past stages lol: (from 64)

1) Kongo Jungle 64
2) Hyrule Castle
3) Metal Mario stage
4) Mushroom Kingdom
5) Peach's Castle
6) Saffron City
7) Sector Z

From SSBM:

1) Jungle Japes
2) Fountain of Dreams
3) Green Greens
4) Onett
5) Mute City
6) Big Blue lol
7) Temple
8) Icicle Mountain
9) Poke Floats
10) Pokemon Stadium
11) Venom
12) Rainbow Cruise
13) Brinstar
14) Brinstar Depths
15) Battlefield (this was the most epic of all Battlefields)
16) Yoshi's Island
17) Yoshi's Story

from SSBB:
1) Final Destination. I don't care if they have a new one, but this one was just so awesome.
2) Delfino Plaza
3) Distant Planet
4) Glacial Peak
5) Green Hill Zone
6) Halberd
7) Luigi's Mansion
8) Mushroomy Kingdom
9) Norfair
10) Pictochat
11) Pirate Ship
12) Port Town thing
13) Rumble Falls
14) Smashville
15) The Summit
16) Warioware
17) Yoshi's Story

Well, I know 41 past stages is a stretch, but who cares, it would be amazing. Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't get this game until 2015 :(

justaway12

Smash Master
Why does everyone hate Final Smashs I quite liked it, I personally don't think it was gimmicky it was just a good way to have fun, it's not even a problem since you could have just turned it off

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
I also liked the Final Smashes. I really hope they come back in the next game. You can always get rid of them by turning off the Smash Ball. I also hope that Snkae returns in the next game, as I find his playstyle unique and his character awesome.

Two things I wish were in Brawl are the SSB64 stages like Saffron City, Mushroom Kingdom, and the original Hyrule Castle, and a wider variety of game reps in the character line up. I'm practically drooling at the idea of playing Isaac from Golden Sun and Will from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. The Elite Beat Agents would be funny as hell, if unlikely.

I also miss Board the Platforms and character unique Break the Targets levels. I always enjoyed those things and never understood why they took them out. Were they pressed for time?

Lastly, I want the full roster unlocked from the get go. If some guy or girl wants to play as Snake, they should be able to play those characters with friends or against the CPU without spending several hours with other characters first.

While this may sound lazy and like it cuts length from the game, characters are the main focus of the game, which is something that shouldn't need unlocking. Besides that, there are plenty of trophies and stickers to collect, and bonus costumes can make up for lost time just as well.

I'm sorry if my train of thought bounced around randomly there, I'm only just waking up.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I want the most robust flawless online experience. Lagless matches, leaderboards, official Nintendo held tourneys with prizes, did I mention no lag? huge online tourney options, the ability to play more modes online, voice chat, all your taunts, your name, etc. everything all game modes.

Make it the online beast it was meant to be. Smash IV Online Channel just like Mario Kart Channel etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom