• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo's FS would be it creating a wavy radius of psychic energy around it, with a range as large as Shadow's AT Chaos Control, f***ing up every player's control scheme. The control scheme won't simply be reversed, it'll be random. Up may be left, left may be down, A may be shield, Z may be tap jump...

The closer you are to Mewtwo when it activates this FS, the more damage you take. The damage will be instantaneous like Peach's FS, not accumulative Like Luigi's FS.

Very close to Mewtwo: 50% (control effects last 30 seconds)
Spaced from Mewtwo: 40% (control effects last 30 seconds)
Farther from Mewtwo: 35% control effects last 20 seconds)
Almost completely out of range: 15% (control effects last 10 seconds)

I call this FS "Psychokinesis".
Lol, yours is much less overkill and probably more suiting of his Psychic powers.

BUT, mine was actually used before...

What a dilemma, which one to choose...

EDIT: I didn't think of it until now, but maybe Miis should automatically have Mario's moveset until you assign them their own moves. Since Mario is the Nintendo's biggest mascot.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Very off-topic:

Shin, your sig is humorous. It made a random thought pop up in my mind. I hope someone finds it funny:

On the Oprah Winfrey Show...

Oprah: On tonight's show, under everyone's seat is a FREE...LANDMASTA!!! Yes!"

Anyway, my Mewtwo's FS would seem only half-effective on CPUs, as CPUs are always immune to altered controls. There's the black fly in that chardonnay.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Very off-topic:

Shin, your sig is humorous. It made a random thought pop up in my mind. I hope someone finds it funny:

On the Oprah Winfrey Show...

Oprah: On tonight's show, under everyone's seat is a FREE...LANDMASTA!!! Yes!"

Anyway, my Mewtwo's FS would seem only half-effective on CPUs, as CPUs are always immune to altered controls. There's the black fly in that chardonnay.
If she really gave away landmasters I would cut as many throats as it took to get a seat. And I know what you mean about the CPUs, it sucks -_-

ShinFurevindo

Smash Rookie
If she really gave away landmasters I would cut as many throats as it took to get a seat. And I know what you mean about the CPUs, it sucks -_-
WOW, uh, I would buy tickets for all the seats, then sell all except for one (for myself) on EBAY!!

And yeah, CPU's just don't get affected like humans do.

EDIT: The Landmasters, not the tickets, lol.

EDIT AGAIN: But maybe they could fix the CPU problem before the next one comes out, anyway.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Let's discuss characters that should leave. After all, there needs to be the extra space.

In my opinion, characters to be removed: Toon Link, Ness. Toon Link was a terrible idea when he could have been replaced by someone like Ridley. I find it funny how there are 3 stages for Metroid, and only one Metroid character when there were numerous other options. Either Ness or Lucas should go because the space should be used for an original character.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
How about the Japanese name? We've Had Greatest Fray Smash Brothers, Greatest Fray Smash Brothers DX, and Greatest Fray Smash Borthers X.

For 4, Greatest Fray Smash Brothers Z? IDK.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Let's discuss characters that should leave. After all, there needs to be the extra space.

In my opinion, characters to be removed: Toon Link, Ness. Toon Link was a terrible idea when he could have been replaced by someone like Ridley. I find it funny how there are 3 stages for Metroid, and only one Metroid character when there were numerous other options. Either Ness or Lucas should go because the space should be used for an original character.
What? No. Just. No. Ness will never be removed. He is apart of the original 12, and the original 12 have immunity to being removed. Everyone wanted Jigglypuff to be removed so bad, but she never went. If there is one thing Sakurai got right was that he never removed Ness for Lucas because he understood that the original 12 have a meaning to people and since they were the first, they will never go away. A lot of other things though Sakurai got wrong.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How about the Japanese name? We've Had Greatest Fray Smash Brothers, Greatest Fray Smash Brothers DX, and Greatest Fray Smash Borthers X.

For 4, Greatest Fray Smash Brothers Z? IDK.
How about GX? And then for SSB5, 5Ds.

Scott!

Smash Lord

Toon Link wasn't a terrible idea. He had pretty lame execution (i.e. that he was a clone), but he had plenty of potential. He could have had many unique moves based on the unique items in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. Unfortunately, Sakurai just made him into Young Link with some changes to his standard attacks. But if he were to have a major overhaul, he would deserve a spot as much as anyone.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I'd rather sooner see Ganondorf decloned before Toon Link. At least Toon Link is a clone of a character he's supposed to be based off. How does one figure Captain Falcon & Gaonodorf are symmetrical?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I can't quote all of the things I just read...

1. I think I like the sound of Smash Bros. GX, despite what the idea came from...

2. I think Ganondorf SHOULD just get a sword, but if they make him into a different version he might not use it. If it's TOON Ganondorf in SSB4, he gets...dare I say it...TWO swords. O:

3. Toon Link SHOULD be cut if they honestly can't make him ORIGINAL. They also need to give EVERYONE their own original final smashes.

EDIT: Shin, I also got an idea for your Mii theory.

I think characters should be divided into three weight classes (Hidden of course. Like the move decay lists). Then, depending on the size of the mii you decided to enter into smash bros., you can take his B move (for example) and turn it to any B move that belongs to a character if the same weight class. For example, a heavy-weight mii could have fire breath, spinning kong, jet hammer, and quick draw.

Just an idea. But I also think you should only be allowed ONE MII at a time in the game, and you have to decide on special moves when you make this decision to make sure you don't bring in a Mii with no moves.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I think it would be easiest to have miis be restricted to single-button mode, which should also come back.

my list of characters to leave: Toon Link, Lucario, Falco.
The latter two can be skins for Mewtwo and Fox, respectively.

Maybe it's just the way I've seen ganon played, but he seems very different from CF. He should keep his side B. Maybe give it to him for 2 of his specials or something.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think it would be easiest to have miis be restricted to single-button mode, which should also come back.

my list of characters to leave: Toon Link, Lucario, Falco.
The latter two can be skins for Mewtwo and Fox, respectively.

Maybe it's just the way I've seen ganon played, but he seems very different from CF. He should keep his side B. Maybe give it to him for 2 of his specials or something.
Two things wrong with that...

1. Falco isn't fox with feathers anymore like he was in Melee. Why would you want to turn him back to that?

2. If Mii was stuck in single-button, nobody would use him very often unless they were using single-button mode. If that happened, we would have a tier list already. Everyone but Mii at top tier, Mii at bottom. Here's why: No specials means no recovery. No projectile. No secondary shield option. He would be HORRIBLE to use in an honest to got free for all.

3. I do want single button back though. That was correct. :D

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Wolf should become an alternate costume for Fox instead. His body type is the same as Fox and he doesn't have any more moveset potential than Falco has. All they would have to do would to scale Wolf's model down and have the Wolf costumes change Fox's voice to Wolf's.

Bonus points if there are unique taunts, text that would say Fox would say Wolf when Fox has the Wolf costume on, and the announcer calls Fox in the Wolf costume Wolf.

I guess that Lucario could be an alternate costume for Mewtwo. They would have to use Lucario's moveset though, because Mewtwo's attacks in Melee were lame.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I guess that Lucario could be an alternate costume for Mewtwo. They would have to use Lucario's moveset though, because Mewtwo's attacks in Melee were lame.
That's mutiny. I don't like you anymore. I don't even know you, but I don't like you anymore just because you said so.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
we need o be able to fight in TL's crawfish outfit in Brawl 4, if he is in it. We should have varius colors of it too. Cuz wario is the only character with two outfits and varius clolors of it.

Go TL!...and PT duh.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Various outfits and characters are an overdue thing in Smash.

There are so many I can think of that can work.

majora_787

Smash Hero
we need o be able to fight in TL's crawfish outfit in Brawl 4, if he is in it. We should have varius colors of it too. Cuz wario is the only character with two outfits and varius clolors of it.

Go TL!...and PT duh.
Brawl four?? I think that's the equivelant of Smash 6. o_o

Or smash 12, if you think a brawl sequel should be every 3 games.

Count Ramsely

Smash Rookie
The thing i've been waiting for the most in Smash, was to see the Skull Kid! I mean come on! Not even a trophy of him? Thats a low blow! I dont think i've even seen a Sticker for him? I personally think he would make an awesome Assist Trophy at least and maybe bring down the moon or somethimg cool! not to mention that would be a killer Final Smash to see him float in the middle of the screen, scream out for the moon, and see this colosal moon fly from the top of the screen knocking any one it touches off the screen! >=D but as far a the over all game, i think they should hopefully put in those little advance moves like the Wave Dash and stuff. Seriously, just cause some people cant do it (including myself) doesnt mean they had to be big babies about it and just take it away from us all together! XD obviously more characters, and assist trophies and this time, make sure that none of the assist trophies are characters that would make Excellent Playable characters (I.E. Grey Fox, Samurai Goroh, the dude with the laser gun whos name escapes me and mostly...SHADOW!!! ) XD they should also add in (if they still have anything like Mii) a custom Character for your Mii! Wouldnt that be awesome to just assign other characters moves to your own Wii? I could totally see them letting you play the Wii, since it was created BY nintendo! You could have the ultimate character! =) other wise i dont see TOO many other things you could want in brawl! =D You should also not only fight bosses but should be able to play as them (other than in Boss mode) that would be cool and finally, people would be able to play as both Samus AND Ridley! or Ness and Porkey! i dont know, my ideas arent specific right now but yeah. pretty much! =D

Count Ramsely

Smash Rookie
A thing that i just realized while reading some of this was, that all the characters should have their own Unique Move sets AND their own Final Smashes! Now, personally i dont mind Clones to much, some make some sence (link, young link, toon link. Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi. Fox, falco, wolf. Pikachu, Pichu. Marth, Roy, Ike. Mewtwo, Lucario. I'm sure theres is more i'm forgetting.) but some of them were kinda weird at first (ganondorf and Falcon) so this is why it would be much cooler if they all had Different Move sets completely! Plus it would Truely give the player so much more different Styles! not to mention, if they got rid of all the Nintendo 64 versions of Zelda, why did they keep Sheik? dont get me wrong, she kicks *** and she looks really awesome in brawl, but why could they have Young link or even the Skull kid? AND I"M SO MAD THEY GOT RID OF MEWTWO!!! DX he was actually one of my top characters back in Melee. i just loved messing with people and quickly teleporting just before they were gonna hit me and or get to close to me! XD that always made them irratated! XD We sadly most likley wont see the next SSB4 until the next system comes out, so i wonder who and how some of the characters will evovle...hmmm...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
After seeing the texture changes, I hope alternate costumes never get into Smash (or become a big thing). They were so ugly and out of place. I think the latter is why Sakurai will never do it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
After seeing the texture changes, I hope alternate costumes never get into Smash (or become a big thing). They were so ugly and out of place. I think the latter is why Sakurai will never do it.
Okay, so Zombie Bowser wouldn't be a good idea. But I think Dry Bowser would be a great idea. I mean wasn't he turned into that in New Super Mario Bros.? And he was Dry Bowser in Mario Kart Wii. I think Dry Bowser would be okay.

PLUS, I would LIKE it if Omega Meta Ridley were in SSB4. I mean it would be his latest appearence.

Now that I think about it, I think that we would probably hear about SSB4 in 2010-2012. But that would just be a notice that they will be working on it for a few years. XD

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well to be fair, amatuer texture changes aren't the same as professional alt costumes. Wario's turned out well, didn't it?

EDIT: Ramsely, Ike and Lucario are not clones of anyone. =/
Ramsely?

But yeah, the amatuer texturists made an AMAZING Dry Bowser. I would love to see the real deal.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
All the texture changes were just changing the color schemes in various parts of the models. Dry Bones Bowser was one that worked real well.

My only guess as to why it has never been done is because Sakurai and co. are too lazy.

Blaze Dragon

Smash Rookie
I would liek to see Crystal, Bowser Jr. would be interesting, and probably a surprise choice for a Pokemon

majora_787

Smash Hero
I would liek to see Crystal, Bowser Jr. would be interesting, and probably a surprise choice for a Pokemon
Krystal. <_<
I read something about Rival Pokemon Trainer on the interned, it had like Graveler, Sceptile, and Scyther I think...I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom