• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Race to the Finish + some battles + time limit = possible good mode.

I know this has probably been brought up 1000 times, but........

We all know waluigi isn't ever going to be accepted as a REAL character in a part of the mario series..
So far he's been in all of the underlooked mario sports games. So my question to you guys is this.

Should they include Waluigi in SSB4 now?
Or wait for him to get his OWN game?
Waluigi debuted as a spin-off extra character and I have a feeling he'll stay that way forever. I think turning into an Assist Trophy was as far as he'll ever get, and he was lucky for that.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
He's part of the Wario Bros though.
Plus it'd be interesting to see Mario + Luigi VS Wario + Waluigi on a mario stage.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
He's part of the Wario Bros though.
Plus it'd be interesting to see Mario + Luigi VS Wario + Waluigi on a mario stage.
Are Wario and Waluigi really brothers?

I guess it's heavily implied. But in all reality, I don't think he'll ever be playable. His debut in Smash was as an Assist Trophy, which shows that they're pretty much unwilling to make a moveset for him. I don't see him becoming an important character in the Mario series any time soon either, so it doesn't look like his chances will get much better in the future. There's always a small possibility though.

JPW

Smash Ace
hey now that Punchout is coming to Wii and is looking to have a bright future hopefully with Nintendo again Do you reckon Little Mac could step up from the assist to a main character for the roster.

It be great to have a boxer in the next version I reckon.

Plus with the announcement of No More Heroes: Desperarte Struggle. Do you reckon there's a chance Travis could be joining the roster or will he simply end up as an assist?

I would love it if Travis could be part of the roster his grabs could be his wrestling holds and he could kick *** with that Katana. And imagine
Travis vs Falcon or Travis vs Snake. Or even Travis vs ZSS lol.

Also I have a feeling third parties will try to add a second character. Who would you go for?
I'd go Simon Belmont for Konami, Tails or Knuckles for Sega, And if Capcom decides to join this time Megaman for main and i'm thinking Ryu(but everyone has different opinions so a move like this could show favouritism) So what if there's Random Streetfighter characters becoming assist trophies. Where you see an odd one now and then. And that can be Capcom's part.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I hope there are more none ninentdo characters
Ex. Sliver The Hedgehog, Blaze The cat, Naruto, Sasuke,
Sora, Riku, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow.

1.The there should be a online ranking scale.

2. Make a item better than the smashball

3. Bring back charaters: Mewtwo, Roy, YoungLink, Dr.mario

4.Don't replace any characters.

5.And finally a storyline better than the Subspace Emmisary with characters talking or at least subtitles and all of the characters involed.

That's my wish for the smash series.

1. Yes
2. I don't really know how you could go above a Smash Ball
3. YES!
4. Um...what would be the point in having three links
5. NO TALKING Remember Bowser's voice from Sunsine? (Shivers)

Barge

DO you know how much they spent just on sonic and snake?

@alien : Tl > Young link,

clockwerk

Smash Cadet
*just some things I thought of*

A: If they're going to bring back the forsaken Melee characters, they have to totally change them and make them better than they used to be.

B: Maybe add a couple of pre-FF7 Final Fantasy Characters, cuz Nintendo is apparently putting in characters that have been on a Nintendo system at one point or another. Hey, if Hideo Kojima can do it, why can't Square Enix?

C: I think that Nintendo should actually make an effort for a story in SSB. But since there will be a ton of characters, maybe they should have a story that only involves the original 12. It wouldn't matter to me if they made the story with or w/o dialogue, though.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
clockwerk;5598690C: said:
I think that Sora should actually make an effort for a story in SSB. But since there will be a ton of characters, maybe they should have a story that only involves the original 12. It wouldn't matter to me if they made the story with or w/o dialogue, though.
Fixed, because I don't think even Nintendo wants in on that mess, and isn't that what SSE was?

Barge

If they add ANYONE from ff7, disney, or KH..
It will become a whole 'nother game itself.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I don't think F-Zero's that well known, at least certainly not more than Star Fox. Most of Capt. Falcon's popularity comes from Smash (even his made up moveset). Other than Ridley, no one really cares about those other Metroid baddies. And sure, F-Zero's cast may be large, but why would we want to add any of those? To balance some sort of "scale"? What is this "scale" based on?
No. F-Zero is among the 10 best selling franchises of Nintendo, whereas Star Fox is not. Captain Falcon is just one among the huge pile of drivers in F-Zero, and its characters are hardly known, because noone pays attention to them - but still; the F-Zero series' selling numbers outclass those of Star Fox. Even Smash with its first 2 installments outclassed Star Fox (I saw those digits before the release of Brawl).

Also, with "scale" I rather mean the popularity from a series. That better known and selling series have more reps than those who are less known.
The Top 5 are Mario-Zelda-Pokemon-DK-Metroid. You see the difference? The first three all have 4 characters (Mario even has 6, if you count Yoshi and Wario, as well), the latter two only 2 respectively only 1. And that although they're stronger selling and better known than Star Fox, Mother or Fire Emblem, but still have gotten little to no love characterwise.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
No. F-Zero is among the 10 best selling franchises of Nintendo, whereas Star Fox is not. Captain Falcon is just one among the huge pile of drivers in F-Zero, and its characters are hardly known, because noone pays attention to them - but still; the F-Zero series' selling numbers outclass those of Star Fox. Even Smash with its first 2 installments outclassed Star Fox (I saw those digits before the release of Brawl).

Also, with "scale" I rather mean the popularity from a series. That better known and selling series have more reps than those who are less known.
The Top 5 are Mario-Zelda-Pokemon-DK-Metroid. You see the difference? The first three all have 4 characters (Mario even has 6, if you count Yoshi and Wario, as well), the latter two only 2 respectively only 1. And that although they're stronger selling and better known than Star Fox, Mother or Fire Emblem, but still have gotten little to no love characterwise.
Wario is not a Mario character. He is from Warioware...

All caracters should return from Melee. They were awesome (except for young Link, Toon Link is better)

QingXin

Smash Cadet
I was thinking that since Pokemon has nearly 500 characters in its franchise, it deserves a lot of characters (sort of). Here's what I mean...

A Pokemon Trainer AND a Pokemon Rival character :p
That way, people can have TRUE Pokemon battles, and it would represent the main protagonist and the main antagonist of almost every single Pokemon title to date.

I was also maybe thinking that each trainer has 6 (count em... SIX) Pokemon to choose from before a fight, selecting three to do the actual fighting. It sounds like a stretch, but it holds true to the traditional games.

PT's Pokemon
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Cyndaquil, Croconaw, and Meganium.

PR's Pokemon
Treecko, Marshtomp, Blaziken, Chimchar, Grotle, Empoleon.

*You see what I'm doing here? Lulz.

It's a stretch, but who knows... Nintendo's done some pretty crazy things.

So along with Pikachu, Jiggs, Mewtwo/Lucario, we could have PT and PR... That's five potential reps for Pokemanzzz.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
wut ssb4 needs:
1. not to be directed by Sackuri
2. be as hardcore as melee
3. great online (voice chat/ names/ well thought out interface/ more options/)
4. at least 50 characters
5. jiggz to still be in :p
6. at least 50 stages
7. new game types
8. home run with no sheild
9. better AI (level 1-15) 15= tech sk1ll pro lololol
10. i dont care about items but they are still cool. (ya, more items)
11. longer replays/ compleatly unrestricted replay camera (for machinima)
12: no motion controls PLEASE!!

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
wut ssb4 needs:
2. be as hardcore as melee
3. great online (voice chat/ names/ well thought out interface/ more options/)
4. at least 50 characters
5. jiggz to still be in :p
6. at least 50 stages
7. new game types
8. home run with no sheild
9. better AI (level 1-15) 15= tech sk1ll pro lololol
10. i dont care about items but they are still cool. (ya, more items)
11. longer replays/ compleatly unrestricted replay camera (for machinima)
12: no motion controls PLEASE!!
I agree, except for point 1 wich is impossible.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wario is not a Mario character. He is from Warioware...
Just like Yoshi and Donkey Kong, though, he has originated as a Mario character. He is representing his own series, but he still could be counted technically as a Mario character.

On a sidenote... why the hell are people not able to spell Sakurai properly? It's not like it's a very difficult name. <_<"

What SSB4 definitely needs:
Captain Rainbow

kuro06

Smash Cadet

According to the VGchartz the F-Zero Franchise sold roughly 4-5 mill while Starfox sold almost 10 mil.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=F-zero
http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=Star+Fox

I think the series is going pretty strong despite after 64 things went pretty down hill. We already got most most of the main characters/fighters. Even though F-zero isn't the biggest selling franchise I would love to see at least Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh in the next rooster. Also, what is so special about Captain Rainbow..i've seen vidz of it and it didn't look all that amazing. Heck it sold..BADLY in japan so if it did bad there I doubt it will be released here in american, let alone being a character in the rooster.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=Captain+Rainbow

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Uhh, DK and Metroid have two characters now (although I can see why you may not count Zamus). The only reason I see that those series did not gain characters was blatant laziness. Starfox characters are the embodiment of 'clones', despite being drastically different, you can tell that there was little effort to change more than basic attacks and a few others. Mother and Fire Emblem are also much easier to program, their characters all corresponding to the PK and Sword-User types that already exist, despite being original. K.Rool and Ridley could not be clones, and would require a much more detailed moveset. Why put in so much effort when there are stickers to make, hmm?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I agree, except for point 1 wich is impossible.
well? what is impossible? please dont say hardcore, because this isnt brawl, this is a new game. they can put whatever thay want in it. so please dont rant on about hardcore on ssb4, i think if nintendo notices we want it, they MIGHT put it in. so what was it?

kuro06

Smash Cadet
He's so fabulous~

Also, your source for the selling can't be correct, because alone in Japan F-Zero GX sold over 100.000, and in both Europe and America over 250.000 each.
Hm..well it does only have Japan's sales only for some reason. Where did you get your source from?

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
well? what is impossible? please dont say hardcore, because this isnt brawl, this is a new game. they can put whatever thay want in it. so please dont rant on about hardcore on ssb4, i think if nintendo notices we want it, they MIGHT put it in. so what was it?
I ment changing Sakurai.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I was thinking that since Pokemon has nearly 500 characters in its franchise, it deserves a lot of characters (sort of). Here's what I mean...

That way, people can have TRUE Pokemon battles, and it would represent the main protagonist and the main antagonist of almost every single Pokemon title to date.

I was also maybe thinking that each trainer has 6 (count em... SIX) Pokemon to choose from before a fight, selecting three to do the actual fighting. It sounds like a stretch, but it holds true to the traditional games.
Just because the game has 500 characters, that doesn't mean it deserves 1/5 of the roster. Representation isn't based entirely upon the number of viable characters in a game, it is also based upon how popular the franchise is. Pokemon is popular, but not any more so than Mario. This amount of Pokemon representation is just obscene.

M-WUZ-H3R3 said:
lolwut?

teen-robot

Smash Cadet

PT's Pokemon
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Cyndaquil, Croconaw, and Meganium.

PR's Pokemon
Treecko, Marshtomp, Blaziken, Chimchar, Grotle, Empoleon.

*You see what I'm doing here? Lulz.

It's a stretch, but who knows... Nintendo's done some pretty crazy things.

So along with Pikachu, Jiggs, Mewtwo/Lucario, we could have PT and PR... That's five potential reps for Pokemanzzz.
6 defferent pkmns for a trainerin smash is waaaaay too much
they should just make something where you cna make your own pokemon teams(no legends ofcourse)
but it would probably take too much space on the disk

i think that IF there would be a new pokemon included it should be a new 5th gen rep
and jiggs should be replaced with meowth;)
he was planned in ssb64 instead of jiggs anyways
because he is from the original 12 ...i think it should still be possible to replace him(i hope soxD)

lucario should be replaced with an other psy pokemon
i think mewxD
he would be epic iguess
and would kinda bring back mewtwo:|

D

Deleted member

Also, ten pages back, i meant that i hated Dr. Mario and Yink. I was trying to avoid a flame war.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. lol

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
6 defferent pkmns for a trainerin smash is waaaaay too much
they should just make something where you cna make your own pokemon teams(no legends ofcourse)
but it would probably take too much space on the disk
I agree
i think that IF there would be a new pokemon included it should be a new 5th gen rep
and jiggs should be replaced with meowth;)
he was planned in ssb64 instead of jiggs anyways
because he is from the original 12 ...i think it should still be possible to replace him(i hope soxD)

lucario should be replaced with an other psy pokemon
i think mewxD
he would be epic iguess
and would kinda bring back mewtwo:|
Dedede was planned for 64 too, but was removed due time constants, or somthing.
Jiggs is way better/cuter. I preffer her than a cat.
I agree Lucario should be replaced, but not with Mew, he's better for pokeball pkmn. Mewtwo is better then mew. He's awesome.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Uhh, DK and Metroid have two characters now (although I can see why you may not count Zamus). The only reason I see that those series did not gain characters was blatant laziness. Starfox characters are the embodiment of 'clones', despite being drastically different, you can tell that there was little effort to change more than basic attacks and a few others. Mother and Fire Emblem are also much easier to program, their characters all corresponding to the PK and Sword-User types that already exist, despite being original. K.Rool and Ridley could not be clones, and would require a much more detailed moveset. Why put in so much effort when there are stickers to make, hmm?
The Starfox characters are only drastically different in appearance and personality. If you haven't noticed, all of the Starfox characters' moves are completely made up, not from any games (except maybe the blasters). That's not much to work with. The fact that they've made three characters with totally different playstyles shows that they have made an effort and it's paid off. Both Mother and both Fire Emblem characters are pretty different from each other. And why do people use stickers as a scapegoat for everything? They're tiny little recycled images. Do you really think the same people who were in charge of programming the characters had to go out of their way and take some time to program some little images?

Simply by knowing that F-Zero GX is Player's Choice in both Europe and America.
So you're basing your previous statement off of the sales of one game? Sounds kinda fishy....

Just because the game has 500 characters, that doesn't mean it deserves 1/5 of the roster. Representation isn't based entirely upon the number of viable characters in a game, it is also based upon how popular the franchise is. Pokemon is popular, but not any more so than Mario. This amount of Pokemon representation is just obscene.
Pokemon is the second-best-selling Nintendo franchise of all time. Also, Pit, Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., etc. are definitely not from popular franchises, but you can say they're exceptions.

Pokemon is epic fail now, they ruined it after season 3.
You mean the anime after Johto? Yeah....

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Stickers are not a scapegoat, they are an example of everything unnecessary that almost no one gives a crap about. All Starfox characters have little potential to use. Wolf is actually okay, seeing as his moves are only similar by description (a blaster, a rushing attack, a reflector...). Falco has much better potential for originality, such as this:

B - Feather Blade

Upon pressing B, Falco will stand on his tiptoes, straighten his entire body, and became as upright as a pole. As he stands in this pose, he will begin to spin like a spiraling spear. As long as he's spinning, he remains completely immobile. If you move the control stick while he's spinning, you can change the direction his body points in. Then, once you release B, he will launch in the given direction. As he launches forward, he draws two holographic blades and holds them to his sides, pointing forward. His body and the two holographic blades make him out to be a spinning pitchfork. This attack ends in being stunned if Falco misses an opponent. But, Falco can continue moving in mid-air (double jump, aerial attack, etc.) if he lands the strike.

Side B - Swerve Dash

Upon pressing B, Falco will float in the air and execute a quick twirl. While he is going through these frames, he can be moved in any direction in a similar fashion to a Melee air-dodge. After he expends these frames, he then dashes forward. The dash speed is a tad faster than Fox's, and it can swerve in strange ways. However, the dash doesn't cause enemies to flinch. It merely adds on damage, making it more effective as a form of recovery. After the move, Falco remains stunned until he touches the ground.

Down B - *Unchanged*

Up B: Jetpack-He puts on his jetpack with his arms spread out and spins, distance the same as Lucario's and it can curve but not as well. Does 2-4% if it grazes opponent, 15% if it gets a consecutive hit.

Final Smash: Arwing
He calls Slippy and jumps into his Arwing as it appears on the stage. It moves around the stage and you control it, use the analog stick for movement and left/right to turn. A will fire rapid fire lasers 10% in damage (low knockback), B does a barrel roll/reflector (medium knockback), and hold B to do a dashing motion 30% (high knockback). The Arwing is considerably smaller than the landmaster and is more agile. It will disappear after it overloads, you will notice this when smoke starts appearing from the tail, it will overload the more powerful attacks you use (overloads after 3 dashes) and/or a certain time has passed (30 seconds about).

That wasn't hard at all, now was it?

It would keep him fresh and original.

And yes, Mother and Fire Emblem characters are quite different, but they each fall into similar styles: PK and Sword users. K.Rool and Ridley would create entirely new types, because they would play completely differently than any existing Brawler.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I do believe you did use stickers as a scapegoat for not making the characters as original as possible, but we'll let that go. As I mentioned on some earlier page, as long as the extra stuff isn't messing anything up, it's not bad, is it?

One possible explanation for Falco's similar moveset is to keep his style from completely changing from Melee to Brawl. For veteran players, ya know.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I do believe you did use stickers as a scapegoat for not making the characters as original as possible, but we'll let that go. As I mentioned on some earlier page, as long as the extra stuff isn't messing anything up, it's not bad, is it?

One possible explanation for Falco's similar moveset is to keep his style from completely changing from Melee to Brawl. For veteran players, ya know.
I did use stickers, but I'll drop that. The team who works on stickers is completely different than the moveset making team.

I understand the fact that there are veteran Falco players, but the only things you can't do just as well with Fox in Melee are spiking, jumping higher, and shooting your blaster slower.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Star Fox has epic popularity in Japan. And Smash caters to a Japanese fanbase.

flyinfillipino, I'm here to rescue you!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I did use stickers, but I'll drop that. The team who works on stickers is completely different than the moveset making team.

I understand the fact that there are veteran Falco players, but the only things you can't do just as well with Fox in Melee are spiking, jumping higher, and shooting your blaster slower.
That's Falco for ya, everyone's favorite clone!! *wink*

You have a quote from 5150 in your sig....wow, gg.

I think.
Who are you talking about? Your sig has lots of...

Soul Calibur females in it.

Star Fox has epic popularity in Japan. And Smash caters to a Japanese fanbase.

flyinfillipino, I'm here to rescue you!
Star Fox is such a space drama. They should make an anime out of it.

THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom