• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaThings

Smash Rookie
That's a good point, mc-killa. What are they going to use for a name? I'm thinking something along the lines of wrangle, clash, scrimmage, or maybe scuffle. In my opinion, Brawl was a much better name than Melee.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros. 4 sounds much nicer than any others. Revolution would be next.
But seriously, anyone thought about how they'll arrange their soundtrack?

clockwerk

Smash Cadet
Pokemon is epic fail now, they ruined it after season 3.
IMO they ruined the entire pokemon franchise by making the show in the first place.

What will the new Smash Bros name be?
First there was Melee, now there is Brawl, next will be...

Battle?
Massacre?
Onslaught?
Stomping Grounds?
Fight?

I'm going to go with Fight. Super Smash Brothers Fight.
The best one would be Super Smash Bros. Riot, hands down.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Do you think the smash series will ever has as much characters as the capcom/street fighter games?
(like 70?)

Roihu

Smash Ace
Do you think the smash series will ever has as much characters as the capcom/street fighter games?
(like 70?)
Only if there are enough main, popular Nintendo/near Nintendo characters to fill the spots.

Barge

Only if there are enough main, popular Nintendo/near Nintendo characters to fill the spots.
Most likely all the underdogged sports characters (waluigi, daisy, birdo) and ingame characters like
dry bones/boo/koopa kid :O

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Good question. Considering that more series can get in, it's quite possible that can happen before getting desperate.

For example, we can get Panel de Pon, Captain Rainbow, Punch Out!, Sin and Punishment, and Golden Sun new characters.

We can also get other viable candidates from series already in like Captain Syrup, Krystal, Ridley, K. Rool, Claus, Kumatora, Tom Nook, and Bowser Jr.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
all I want is bomberman to be in ssb4. I had a perfect moveset too.I want dr.mario to return as a costume. ashley from warioware could be an AT. so could bladeknight (from kirby) because knuckle joe had a better chance of being a character than waluigi. I want waluigi to be a character.I would be happy if shadow was a character instead of knuckles.not to be pushy but I wish the blood falcon costume had better detail.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The Koopa Kids died a long time ago.
You forget Bowser died to. *Look Luigi's Mansionand, some what Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros.*

But yea, as KumaOso said, they appered in Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga as well.... unless you mean their under rep to the point their dead.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros. 4 sounds much nicer than any others. Revolution would be next.
Being the last poster on a page is so unfair...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Way back there, I noticed somebody said there's 491 Pokemon so far.

They're wrong. There's 493. (Shaymin and Arceus)

The show popularised Pokemon but, in turn, alienated gaming fans.

If all the Brawl stages are in, the very first thing to add will be "Like A Snake" (Port Town's theme on F-Zero GX).

Sonic has so much more potential for songs. Sonic 3 & Knuckles Robotnik theme, Lava Reef Act 1, S3&K Final Boss, Sonic Advance 2 Hot Crater, Sonic Adventure GUN battle theme. Please get rid of "Right There, Ride On". Worst song ever. Another for addition, although you might hate the game it's from: Sonic Riders Babylon Night.

Metroid needs the Rundas Theme in for a Sector 4 stage.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I've grown too attached to most of the stages in Brawl. Some stages like Battlefield and FD will probably be remodelized, but there are many stages that will be gone. I would really like it if all the stages were left in.
Well, not all, but many, like Halberd. And bring back stages from older games.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They can Bring Back ALL the stages, have new ones, AND have tons of songs and 50 characters! oh yeah...
That may be asking for too much. However, I would love to see a level taking all the SSB1 levels and putting them together like Castle Siege.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Also, I noticed a guy said Wario was from Warioware and not Mario... It hurt me D:
Technically, he is NOW....
Also, I really want them to take their time and listen to fans, especially the fans that aren't gonna try competitizing (That's not a word, but you get the point) the game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Technically, he is NOW....
Also, I really want them to take their time and listen to fans, especially the fans that aren't gonna try competitizing (That's not a word, but you get the point) the game.
Well, they should listen to the competitive ones as well. I hate to generalize, but I'm afraid the casual base may make some incredibly dumb suggestions.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I would hate to see Smash even more dumbed down then it is now. I hope to god they listen to fans that want it to be more competitive.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Well, they should listen to the competitive ones as well. I hate to generalize, but I'm afraid the casual base may make some incredibly dumb suggestions.
I meant take suggestions that are gonna make the game competitive. The casual gamers, or just the gamers that want it to not be a Melee 2.0 do make dumb suggestions, but so do the competitive gamers. Let's face it, though, if it were up to a competitive gamer, there wouldn't be much aside from Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, and Battlefield.
And the dumbed down level of Brawl is what I'd like it to stay as.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I meant take suggestions that are gonna make the game competitive. The casual gamers, or just the gamers that want it to not be a Melee 2.0 do make dumb suggestions, but so do the competitive gamers. Let's face it, though, if it were up to a competitive gamer, there wouldn't be much aside from Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, and Battlefield.
And the dumbed down level of Brawl is what I'd like it to stay as.
Not necessarily. Say, we can take the suggestions for stages from casual gamers and then try to give an idea of how they can be counterpick. Counterpicks are the balance of casual and competitive. Banned stages are made purely for casuals.

I would love to see Sonic Adventure's "The Ark" as a stage.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
Boo
Dry Bones
Shadow

Then I'll be satisfied. As far as names go, I'm in favor of these:

1. Super Smash Bros. Combat
2. Super Smash Bros. Riot
3. Super Smash Bros. Rumble
4. Super Stabby Death Match of People Who Fight Eachother

Barge

How can they make it any less competetive then brawl?
Brawl is still a competitive game, just slower then meele.
What are they gonna do? Make it so you can only do 1 attack a minute?

DaThings

Smash Rookie
What do you mean? What songs they're going to use, how they'll organize everything, or how they'll remix everything?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Not necessarily. Say, we can take the suggestions for stages from casual gamers and then try to give an idea of how they can be counterpick. Counterpicks are the balance of casual and competitive. Banned stages are made purely for casuals.

I would love to see Sonic Adventure's "The Ark" as a stage.
They should still have those totally ludacrous stages that in no way would ever be tourny-legal. It makes the game fun.

But there's nothing wrong with trying to make stages more fair.

Also, as for titles...

SUPER SMASH BROS.: MOSH PIT

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
How about...

Smash Bros.' Dream Land? Or... Smash Bros. and the Amazing Mirror! Smash Bros.: Nightmare in Dreamland...? No?
Smash Bros. Super Star, maybe?

Okay, I'll stop before the Sakurai hate starts again~

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
How about...

Smash Bros.' Dream Land? Or... Smash Bros. and the Amazing Mirror! Smash Bros.: Nightmare in Dreamland...? No?
Smash Bros. Super Star, maybe?

Okay, I'll stop before the Sakurai hate starts again~
Hy now, Super Star no, but all-stars might be possible.... o.0

Hehehehe.

So hmmm how does everyone feel about the SSE concept being fully and well-utilized in a completely different yet still relating to the smash bros. game?

^ If that makes sense.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That was just me being silly and naming titles of Kirby games just, instead of "Kirby" putting "Smash Bros." into it. =P

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The ONLY names I will allow (yes, I'm in charge of this now) are:

Super Smash Bros. Clash
Super Smash Bros. Donnybrook
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Beach Volleyball

So... Take your pick from those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom