• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
That fSmash is exactly what I said about ZSS further up there XD At least we think the same. I was thinking about how they can redo Ness and Lucas to be truer to their games, and add Princess Kumatora and give her Lucas' specials (since, in Mother 3, she has ALL of Lucas' Brawl specials, including Starstorm).

Lucas:

uSpec: Birdcage: Like Cypher, but more horizontal range.
sSpec: PK Flash: ZSS sSpec range, unchargable, random effect on opponent (including being smashed hard)
dSpec: Shield: Gives Lucas brief Super Armor. If timed right, stuns opponent momentarily to be countered.
nSpec: PSI Counter: Like Zelda's nSpec, except faster and undamaging.
Final Smash: PK Love Omega: The screen begins exploding in a flashing pale blue light, random places. If hit by it, deals 30% and considerable knockback.

Ness:
uSpec: Teleport: Rush in one of 16 directions. Hitting an opponent stops it but deals enough knockback to stage spike. On ground, you gain speed until you slam into somebody. If you don't slam into somebody, you teleport to the edge you were facing (of the platform). More knockback but more cooldown the faster you go.
sSpec: Hypnosis: Shoots a small swirly ball forward that puts the opponent to sleep briefly.
dSpec: Paralysis: Briefly protects Ness in two sparkly balls. If the opponent touches him, they get shocked (like Zamus dSmash).
nSpec: PSI Rockin: Chargable, envelops Ness in a blue, red, and yellow sphere that can almost instant kill if charged long enough.
Final Smash: PSI Flash Omega: A swirly bright light begins enveloping the screen, and afterward, everybody gets hit by a random effect (high chance of being a 40% damage instant kill). Lasts long enough for most dodges to fail avoiding it.

<.<;; *runs*
Uhhh no. I like the concepts but some of them would be so wierd. Some of the specials like Ness sideB would be useless (think Jiggs Sing in Brawl), and downB and neutralB for Lucas would be both redundant of each other and potentially unbalancing.

If anything, change Ness' and Lucas' PK Fire to PK Rockin and PK Love respectively but act very much the same. Ness PK Rockin would pillar and trap the opponent in Rockin energy, while Lucas basically shoots out a bolt of Love at you.

That, and make Ness' PK Flash (NeutralB) better by being faster and have a bigger blast radius, and give Lucas something like PK Ground (Kumatora's move) or something else. They both can keep PK Thunder. I originally thought Ness should have PK Teleport for upB but it's too fun when you can PKT2 and kill someone at 50% or so. Just make Ness' magnet have a constant pushback effect for like 2 seconds after he does it in the air, so anyone who tries to eat Ness' recovery will be pushed back, and 'stay' there in the air so they can be hit with the PKT2 :)

Then add a 3rd Earthbound rep. Preferably a girl BTW.

n88

Smash Lord
Some basic changes they need to make:

1)Ganondorf needs a sword. There is nothing I can say that hasn't been said before.

2)Color Editor. I loved the color editor in Soulcalibur III. This wouldn't be that hard to put in the game, and it would be entertaining.

3)Costume Changes. There is a giant list of minor characters that could be represented as costume changes, like Wario's different appearances or Daisy's semi-appearance.
Some characters that could be added like this: Dry Bowser, Mr. L, Dr. Mario, Deity Link, Boshi, Shadow, Dark Samus, a lot of Pokemon.
I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of any right now. Kuma Oso mentioned Kumatora as an alternate for Lucas. I've never played those games, so I don't know.

4) Character Balance. The game needs to be tested more than Brawl was, so as to prevent another Meta Knight from happening

clockwerk

Smash Cadet
How can they make it any less competetive then brawl?
Brawl is still a competitive game, just slower then meele.
FINALLY, someone besides me on this forum believes this!!!!

Anyway, back to business.
I thought we called the name subject taboo... (SSBIV or SSB4 and I'm satisified.)
Now that I think of it, SSB IV would be nice, it being a major departure from other subtitles. They're running out of good fight words to use anyway.

And Samus would have her REAL charge shot, not this pathetic crap we get in Brawl that Sakurai calls a Neutral B.

And her charge shot would have the Ice Beam incorporated into it, with extreme knockback.

YES.

And ZSS wouldn't have a lame F-smash either.
If they're going to incorporate ice weaponry at all, they should do it in one of these ways:
  • Have the full charge shot be the ice beam and anything less powerful is just the laser
  • Have the neutral side b be a homing ice missile and the moving side b is a regular homing missile

Some basic changes they need to make:

1)Ganondorf needs a sword. There is nothing I can say that hasn't been said before.

2)Color Editor. I loved the color editor in Soulcalibur III. This wouldn't be that hard to put in the game, and it would be entertaining.

3)Costume Changes. There is a giant list of minor characters that could be represented as costume changes, like Wario's different appearances or Daisy's semi-appearance.
Some characters that could be added like this: Dry Bowser, Mr. L, Dr. Mario, Deity Link, Boshi, Shadow, Dark Samus, a lot of Pokemon.
I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of any right now. Kuma Oso mentioned Kumatora as an alternate for Lucas. I've never played those games, so I don't know.

4) Character Balance. The game needs to be tested more than Brawl was, so as to prevent another Meta Knight from happening
1. Eh, I dunno. Maybe.
2. Just have them put in more color changes.
3. This would be pretty good. However, I would leave our Dr. Mario and some pokemon.
4. Unless you're totally obsessed with the game and have only used metaknight whenever you play, something like this shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm pretty good at Brawl, but still get owned sometimes as MK.

Oh, and BTW, custom stage hazards FTW!!!!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I would prefer if they made just more nuetral stages and even bring back some from Melee(Fountain of Dreams). Turning off stage hazards would be pretty neat..........Wario Ware as a nuetral would be extremely fun.

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
I would actually like to see the game just be called SSB4 unless they find a really good name for it. Some better neutral stages would be cool. More things like Final Destination would be more tourney based fun.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would actually like to see the game just be called SSB4 unless they find a really good name for it. Some better neutral stages would be cool. More things like Final Destination would be more tourney based fun.
I'm not so sure if it should be called SSB4. If we get back the epic intro complete with SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! type shouting, we should probably keep the tradition.

Speaking of intro, I hope they actually put effort into it next time. Brawl's was a lousy AMV with only two instances where the music actually synced in with the video. Not only that, aside from some game clips which I'm fine with, it was all recycled footage from the SSE.

Hate to detract again, but I really hope they prioritize better for the next game. The multiplayer aspects should be given top priority and have a special group set aside for single player.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I've an idea:

What about SEPARATE Victory Themes for different characters?

Like let Mario keep the Mushroom Kingdom victory theme, but:

Give Luigi the opening jingle to Luigi's Mansion.

Give Bowser more metallic version of his Theme in Super Mario 64.

IDK what to give to Peach, though.
-----------------

And here's some Theme Songs for fun:
WARNING EXTREME *********** ALERT

Mario: We Are The Champions

Luigi: My Time Is Now

Peach: Best I've Ever Had

Bowser: Run To The Hills

Donkey Kong: Takin' A Ride

Diddy: Beat Is Coming

Yoshi: Dream Song

Wario: Accordion Song

Link: Mad World

Zelda/Shiek: Ave Maria

Ganondorf: Master Of Puppets

Toon Link: Shipping Up To Boston

Samus/ZSS: More Than A Felling

Pit: Stairway To Heaven

Ice Climbers: Sonata Arctica

R.O.B.: Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto

Kirby: Panda Song

Meta Knight: Silent But Deadly

King Dedede: Comfortably Numb

Olimar: Purple Haze

Fox: Rocketman

Falco: Freebird

Wolf: Wanted

Falcon: Amazing

Pikachu: Living In The Sunlight, Living In The Moonlight

Pokemon Trainer:

Lucario: Requiem For A Dream

Jigglypuff: Caramelldansen

Marth: Gimme Shelter

Ike: Enter Sandman

Ness: White & Nerdy

Lucas: Hero

MGNW: Still Alive (If you get this, free e-cookie.)

Snake: 007 Theme

Sonic: Jordan

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
There seems to be a lot of hate for clones, but the only issue with that is the clones being treated on equal footing with the regular characters. What would be wrong with having a large legitimate roster, and then several bonus characters who are clones? You can have a 50 character roster, and then you could easily greatly increase that by adding clones. Provided the game treats them differently (you can't use them in Story Mode, they have smaller icons on the character select screen, only one trophy, no unique target tests etc.), nobody will complain, especially if there's a proper roster of 50 original movesets. Plus, it's very easy to make a clone (model + voice acting + changing move properties is all that's needed, right?), but it would still add to the variety and would be the only way some characters would ever make the roster (for example, Roy).

There are only 3 issues:
Balancing the game (which would have to be dealt with anyway)
Integrity of the roster (which wouldn't be a problem if clones are treated differently)
Fanboys getting annoyed that their favourite character was only good enough to be a clone, or that their favourite character is being dominated by a cheap clone of them (not really an issue)

In conclusion, clones are good as long as the game makes it clear that they are bonus characters/last minute additions and not legitimate parts of the roster.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I'd like for online play to be more focused. I hate playing online at the temple with items every **** round.
Also, I'd like to be able to play 1v1 online for brawl with anyone.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
There seems to be a lot of hate for clones, but the only issue with that is the clones being treated on equal footing with the regular characters. What would be wrong with having a large legitimate roster, and then several bonus characters who are clones? You can have a 50 character roster, and then you could easily greatly increase that by adding clones. Provided the game treats them differently (you can't use them in Story Mode, they have smaller icons on the character select screen, only one trophy, no unique target tests etc.), nobody will complain, especially if there's a proper roster of 50 original movesets. Plus, it's very easy to make a clone (model + voice acting + changing move properties is all that's needed, right?), but it would still add to the variety and would be the only way some characters would ever make the roster (for example, Roy).
I like that idea and as you said it would be good for Roy. Roy could be an 'alternate character' for Marth. Roy wouldn't appear as a separate icon in the character select screen, however if you choose marth maybe you should press a button and you can select Roy who'd be a clone of Marth.

But I think there shouldn't be too many "Alternate Characters" in SSB4 though. Roy should be enough. Characters like Ness/Lucas and Lucario/Mewtwo are different enough that I wouldn't call them clones of each other like Marth/Roy would be.

It'd be better that way of Roy was a super-secret alt character of Marth, so there would in essence be 4 Fire Emblem reps while the character select screen only shows 3 FE reps. Marth, Ike, and some other FE Lord from a new game. Roy would be hidden, which you'd pick him by picking Marth then pressing a botton.

With that said, Roy would be like Marth but they need to make him more casual friendly.
Make his sword everytime he swings it, it should be flaming with fire (I know this isn't canon but still it'd be cool and attract casual players). Ike should lose Eruption and have his Ragnell do the shockwave/wind like effect thing he does in his real game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've an idea:

What about SEPARATE Victory Themes for different characters?

Like let Mario keep the Mushroom Kingdom victory theme, but:

Give Luigi the opening jingle to Luigi's Mansion.

Give Bowser more metallic version of his Theme in Super Mario 64.

IDK what to give to Peach, though.
Give Peach this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVmSOscJd34

Anyway, yes to personal victory themes.

For example:

Samus: Same song as before.
Zamus: Super Metroid Ending theme
Ness: Smiles and Tears
Lucas: Love Theme
Link: Same song as before
Zelda: Zelda's Theme/Lullaby

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
They planned to give each character their own victory theme, anyway (see Meta Knight), but for whatever reason decided against it.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Everybody's victory theme seperate would have been cool >_< But I guess Sakurai didn't wanna do that much work :O
He'd do well to make the FANS happy. They buy the games, right???

So, ANOTHER idea:

I was thinking about adding ISMS to the slots, allowing characters, even if they're the same exact ones, to be completely different

Now, if you're wondering what the HELL I'm talking about, here's an example:

In Capcom Vs. SVC 2, there were 6 different types of styles to choose, from the 3-Part Super Meter of C, to the build-up Rage meter of K, and even the Half-Half Super Bar of A, variety spiced this up- an A-Type Ryu could be better than an N-Type Ryu, and so forth.

What I'm thinking is that for ALL the characters, there would be 3 types of styles:

Smash Style
Melee Styler
Brawler Style

Now, each style has their own benefits and weaknesses over the other, balancing them out:

SMASH STYLE:

The most offensive minded style, but also the most defensive-declined- you get a 5% damage increase with ALL of your attacks, but you also gain 5% more damage from attacks.

General aspects:

+Smash attacks are always at full power- AKA, they require no charge.
+Attacks cause more knockback.
+ Characters FROM the original Smash games can also retain their 64 moveset.
+*NEW*: Rage Mode- When activated by pressing A, B, & Shield at the same time, you'll go into a special state that gives your attacks 15% more damage and knockback than usual.

-Lighter than other Styles.
-Your character is lighter by a half of a level. (For instance, Bowser, a heavyweight, would become a mid-heavyewight.)
- Rage Mode also makes you more vulnerable to damage.
-Missing attacks in this Style- Side B, Up Throw, Down Throw, etc.

MELEE STYLE:

The most technical style. Along with SHFFLING and the warmly welcomed Wavedash, Melee users get their dodges, Side B, & Wall Jumps, Melee Stylists gain a whole new way to combo-

FADE CHAIN. This gives your character three afterimages that depending on the button combination you press, gives you a one through four second delay, making your afterimages copy your actions. For instance, a Mid-Faded Fox can Usmash somebody then perform a Utilt as they fall- Fox's Utilt won't hit, but the afterimage's will. Commonly lasts for about seven seconds- use this wisely!!!

+Fastest version you have.
+Most technical as well- more maneuvers than any other Style.
+Wavedash, though MUCH harder to time, grants an amazing advantage.

-Damage is 5% lower, even when fully charged.
-Fastest VERSIONS means fastest FALLERS.
-Wavedashing has been increased in difficulty to perform.

BRAWLER STYLE:

The most balanced of the two- giving equal offense, defense, and technical prowess, this is the Mario of the styles.

+Easiest to pick up.
+Crawling made USEFUL now: you're now able to ROLL into foes, dealing small damage, but knocking them down.
+ Stronger than Melee Style and hardier than Smash Style.
+Access to Final Smashes increase your power.

-Slowest-paced style.
-Least technical style.
-Doesn't offer many gimmicks the others do.
-Doesn't quite meet expectations of where the other two shine.

--------------

And on Separate Victory Themes:

Mario: *Keep As Same*
Luigi: Opening Jingle to Luigi's Mansion"
Bowser: Opening Jingle to Bowser's Theme (SM64)
Peach: Ending (SMB)

DK: *Keep As Same*
Diddy: Guitar Jingle From DK64.

Link: *Keep As Same*
Zelda: Song of Time
Ganondorf: Ganondorf's Theme (LoZ: OoT)
Toon Link: Opening Jingle to "The Great Sea"

Kirby: *Keep As Same*
Meta Knight: *Keep As Same*
King Dedede: Opening Jingle to "King Dedede's Theme"

Fox: *Keep As Same*
Falco: Mission Start (SF64)
Wolf: Opening Notes to "Star Wolf"

Pikachu: Battle Victory! (Red/Blue Version)
Pokemon Trainer: *Keep As Same*
Lucario: Beat Gym Leader! (Diamond/Pearl Version)
Jigglypuff: Jigglypuff Song (LOLZ)

Marth: *Keep As Same*
Ike: Opening notes to "Ike's Theme*

Ness: *Keep As Same*
Lucas: Battle Victory Jingle From Mother 3

Roihu

Smash Ace
It isn't Sakurai's job to work with music not original, I think.
Anyways, Pokemon Trainer should have the fanfare of a FR/LG/R/B/G/Y when you beat Green for the last time.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
DK: Old SSBM theme
Diddy: Keeps current light theme
Dedede: King Dedede theme remix
Toon Link: Wind Changed Theme
Sheik: OoT Harp Theme
Zelda: Lullaby Remix
Ganon: OoT Ganon's Castle stairs
Jigglypuff: Anime Sing remix
Lucario: Caught/Evolved theme
Wolf: Star Wolf beginning
Falco: Mission Accomplished Star Fox 64

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Diddy should have the monkey rap from DKC2 when you complete a level as him. It's not an actual rap, he pulls out shades and a speakers and jams to it real fast. Coolness.

@smashbot:

I like some of the ideas you had, but the smash version seems a bit overpowered, and the brawl version doesn't seemed to have changed at all.

I'm not sure how it would end up if two people were fighting with those differnt styles, so I can't say it's good or bad.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Diddy should have the monkey rap from DKC2 when you complete a level as him. It's not an actual rap, he pulls out shades and a speakers and jams to it real fast. Coolness.
QFT, this wins.

I like some of the ideas you had, but the smash version seems a bit overpowered,
Smash version can't wall tech, wall jump, wall cling, air dodge, spotdodge, Side Special, uThrow, dThrow, charge smashes (smashes would NOT be auto fully charged), nor magnet the edge. Attacks would have more hitstun. They can full-cancel. Their movements are slower.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I honestly have no idea why they took out individual victory themes. The reason Meta Knight kept his was either Sakurai's bias again (ooh my character is coolest; he deserves it), or the fact that he actually told everyone that Meta Knight would have a rock Kirby victory theme BEFORE taking it out, then remembered that and kept it so as not to disappoint fans.

Some series victory themes should be:

Mario - Same, maybe a bit more rock guitar in it; Mario Strikers style.

Luigi - Clip from Luigi's Mansion Opening

Peach - Ending (SMB)

Bowser - Either Bowser Bros. Ending Theme (PM: TTYD - 0: 36 - 0: 42) or a clip from Koopa's Theme (SM64)

Donkey Kong - Same, although remixed with jungle instruments, and in the proper musical key (for max. nostalgia)

Diddy Kong - Definitely his ending music from DKC2, the monkey rap (complete with singing and a victory pose w/ the boom box and shades)!

IF THEY'RE IN:

Bowser Jr. - A surf rock remix (Mario Strikers style) of the Shadow Mario theme

King K.Rool - The DKC2 Death Against K.Rool music or the King K.Rool theme (hopefully remixed to be hard rock, as in Kong in Concert)

I really hope they make every character have their own unique feel in SSB4. They need to get rid of clones once and for all (I don't mean cut them from the roster; I mean to TAKE THE TIME TO GET ORIGINAL). Independent victory themes would be amazing, although I doubt Sakurai would go through with it (maybe something like "Hmm...we thought about that good and hard, but our goal is to try to categorize each character to their respective franchise, and winning to the same victory theme is the icing that holds the cake together for the franchise, if you will *laughs*. Plus, players who are less familiar may get confused.")

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman

There are only 3 issues:
Balancing the game (which would have to be dealt with anyway)
Integrity of the roster (which wouldn't be a problem if clones are treated differently)
Fanboys getting annoyed that their favourite character was only good enough to be a clone, or that their favourite character is being dominated by a cheap clone of them (not really an issue)

In conclusion, clones are good as long as the game makes it clear that they are bonus characters/last minute additions and not legitimate parts of the roster.
"Nintendo" fans probably wouldn't care about the clone issue, they're just glad they got a character they wanted and will use them.

I think "Smash" fans would care, because there really is no point in adding something again thats already there when it could be different-- Like Toon Link. He had the potential to be so much different than standard Link with bombchus, Deku leaves, and the grapple hook.

Toon Link--
B: Arrow- Same
B>: Deku Leaf- Blows people or projectiles away and if B button is held in the air, can be used as a semi-glide like Game&Watch.
Bv: Bombchu- Mobile bomb that travels in a straight path that travels on walls and obstacles after set or thrown on the ground.
B^: Grapple Hook- Like Plasma Wire, but angled, and if it latches onto a character as Toon Link is recovering, it would have spiked them down as Toon Link got a major boost like Ice Climber's Belay. Another tether-recovery option.

Ganondorf, Lucas, and Wolf could use a bit more work.

I just have it out for Toon Link, he is the same person of the character he's copying. I think he needs the axe like Dr. Mario. Midna could have been there instead. That would have been freaking fabulous.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
>.>

Replace all of Trophies AND stickers with an in-game side game: Super Smash Bros. TCG. Aside from having "flavor text" which would basically do what Trophies do and provide info about, you can collect these and build decks to use against other players, offline and online. You also have the option of using your cards like you would stickers and build specialized "decks" that power up characters from the actual roster.

Another advantage of trading cards is that they can describe something Trophies and Stickers can't - past Nintendo events (i.g. Bowser teaming up with Mario).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
>.>

Replace all of Trophies AND stickers with an in-game side game: Super Smash Bros. TCG. Aside from having "flavor text" which would basically do what Trophies do and provide info about, you can collect these and build decks to use against other players, offline and online. You also have the option of using your cards like you would stickers and build specialized "decks" that power up characters from the actual roster.

Another advantage of trading cards is that they can describe something Trophies and Stickers can't - past Nintendo events (i.g. Bowser teaming up with Mario).
I don't think a TCG would be a good idea in the long run. Remember, they would have to include ALL of Nintendo's history and they would have to be creative in what each card does.

However, I would be fine with replacing the stickers with cards.

DURO! MONSUTAA CAADO!

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
>.>

i actually did a tcg based on smash like 3 years ago:laugh:

from the chars. u choose 3 of them, you lose when u have no cards to draw or u have no chars. left.
at the beginning og the game you draw 5 cards and the one each turn
there are 5 phases in ur turn:-draw
-main
-attack
-2nd main
-end

each char has 150hp(stamina mode) , the A attack( generally low damage) and the 4 B moves based on the effects they have in the original game. if you attacked with the same attack u used last turn u get -10hp and this damagae increases by 5hp each turn u did it again
example ICs

ICs (picture) 150hp

when ICs´hp reaches 80 hp damage done by them is halved
A:10
B: 10, if the oppoenent´s hp < 30 flip a coin if u win they cant attack the next turn
<B:20
^B:30
dB:10, if the oppoenent´s hp < 30 flip a coin if u win they cant attack the next turn

next there were the items(these are used on main phases):
-damage item: inflicts damage to one or more chars.(hammer,green shell,pokeballs,mr.saturn)
-recovery item: heals damge to your char.(food,geart container,maxim tomato)
-attack items: increases your attacks damage for that turn (super mushroom)
-defense items:decreases damage done to your char for that turn, can be used like instants in magic i.e anytime during your or the opponents turn.(poison mushroom)
-special items: gives certain status to the char targeted for 3 turns (your turn,opponent´s and finish at the end of your next turn)(starman,metalbox,freezie)
-equipment item: increases the damage of your A attack and stay equipped until char dies or you throw it(for damage)(bat,beamsword,lipstick)
- normal items: basically any item left(crates,barrels,capsules) they do damage & let you search your deck for any type of item except for normal items(or they could be chained very badly: crate>barrel>capsule>partyball>hammer>KO)

the we have moves(played like instants in magic):

-shield: can absorb up to 50 damage in that turn and dissapears at end of turn
-roll-dodge: damage done by attacks to your chars. is reduced to 0
-spot-dodge:damage done to ur char by items is reduced to 0
-air-dodge: can work like a spot dodge or roll dodge

then there were like special cards(used only in main phases):

-L+R+A+start: removes any damage from all chars,equipment,special items.
-stock #2: if u win 2 of 3 flips you can revive a char.

it was pretty funny speciallly in boring classes.

GenericTacoKid

Smash Cadet
Okay here's my big fat gamebreaking idea:

Up to six players. This would mean plenty of tweaking to stages but it would be cool to see everyone playing.

Other ideas:

Ridley
Sukapon
Krystal
Ray Mk
Bowser Jr
Tom Nook
K.Rool
Bomberman
Skull Kid
Sigurd
Ninten
Chibi Robo
Diskun
Lip
Stafy
Isaac
Balloon Fighter
DeMille
Tamagon

Dats my newcomers.
Thank you for japan only charaters How About Donobe and Hikari that would be great

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Wow you quoted someone from the 5th page of this thread, and we are already at page 619!

I think from that list, we should only choose a few characters who I think would have the most value and leave out the rest.

That means Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, K Rool, Takamaru, Sukapon, and DeMille.

Maybe Ninten as a alt costume for Ness.

Bowser jr and Skull kid maybe if Mario and Zelda both need a 5th rep, but I would have liked Geno and Vaati/Midna respectively if it were possible. However, Geno should only get in if Nintendo doesn't have to pay Square to get him in... if they do then it is a waste of money.

Good idea for that card idea. They should try to add stuff like this to expand the game more, but not focus on it too much.

Roihu

Smash Ace
People, why the hell are we forgetting Saki and Little Mac? I can understand Ltitle Mac, maybe, but Saki? He pwnz.

GenericTacoKid

Smash Cadet
Here is my prediction list:

OLD SERIES:

MARIO SERIES:
Mario (Dr. Mario Alt)
Bowser
Peach (Rosaline and Daisy alts)
Luigi
Yoshi (Birdo Alt)
Wario
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES:
Link
Toon Link (new moveset)
Zelda/Sheik
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Ganondorf

KIRBY SERIES:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

POKEMON SERIES:
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur)
Rival Trainer (Latest series starters)
Lucario (Mewtwo alt [aura is changed to darkness])
Jigglypuff

STARFOX SERIES:
Fox
Wolf
Falco
Krystal

METROID SERIES:
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus (Dark Samus Alt along with her other suits)
Ridely (Meta Ridely Alt)

DONKEY KONG SERIES:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES:
Ike
Marth (Roy alt)
A Fire Emblem character that doesn't use a sword.

METAL GEAR SOLID SERIES:
Snake

SONIC SERIES:
Sonic (Shadow Alt if he's not playable)
Hopefully Knuckles
Probably Shadow

EARTHBOUND/MOTHER SERIES:
Lucas
Ness
Claus

PIKMIN SERIES:
Captain Olimar
Louie (Different color Pikmin)

F-ZERO SERIES:
Captain Falcon (Blood Falcon Alt)
Samurai Goroh

New Series:

SIN AND PUNISHMENT:
Saki Amamiya

MEGAMAN SERIES:
Megaman

CUSTOM ROBO SERIES:
Ray MK (Newest model)

GOLDEN SUN SERIES:
Isaac

NINTENDO SERIES:
Mii (Nintendo higher-ups as alts)

RETRO:
Pit
Ice Climbers
Little Mac

WTF?
Mr. Game and Watch
R.O.B.
There wll probably be somone new in this category, but I won't bother trying to predict it.

For a fire emblem charater that dosen't use a sword miccaiah would be nice
we do need more magic users

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Magnacor said:
POKEMON SERIES:
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur)
Rival Trainer (Latest series starters)
Lucario (Mewtwo alt [aura is changed to darkness])
Jigglypuff
What is with everybody wanting 8 billion pokemon? My only other fix would be that Yoshi and Wario deserve to be categorized under their respective franchises.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i'd say add knuckle joe in as a playable character, he's way cooler than D3 anyways, and i'd also have to say no more pokemon, we have enough already, but i guess some people won't be happy unless we have all 8 billion pokemon in the game.

GenericTacoKid

Smash Cadet
The main thing that dissapointed me -

NEW BOSSES IN ADVENTURE MODE!!!

They could've taken so many bosses from othre games and made it great, but they had to make their own didn't they? Here's my list of what they should've put in:

1) Dark Matter (Kirby) - 'nuff said
2) Dyna Blade (Kirby) - Really good stuff there
3) Saturos & Menardi (Golden Sun) - Only if Isaac makes it as a playable character
4) Parasite Queen (Metroid) - NOT A STAGE! A BOSS!
5) First Boss Out of Star Fox 64 (I forget it's name) - would've been a nice intro boss 4 Fox
6) A Face (SSB) - How freaky would that be? You have the two hands, now the face!
7) Eggman (Sonic) - Even though I hate Sonic, I believe Eggman would've been a decently contributing boss to the game.
8) Skull Bowser (New SMB) - CRAZY STUFF RIGHT THERE!

Now for characters. My idea for Pokemon is instead of more Pokemon or changing PT, make another PT. PT Female! She can have Raichu, Kadabra, and Heracross. These would be the B-moves for 'em:

Raichu:
Neutral B - Thunder Wave (a Pikachu style thing, but can be charged. if charged completely, stuns opponent for a bit, like ZSS neutral B)
Side B - Quick Attack (a shorter and more powerful version of Fox's Side B, only lower to the ground, and longer distance is covered in the air, cannot be charged)
Up B - Shock Wave (fires shock waves shortly below him that makes him hover in the air a decent distance upward, around the same distance as Wolf's Up B, does damage on all sides, but spikes if you hit with the Shock Wave part)

Kadabra:
Neutral B - Light Screen (you guessed it, a reflector only as a Neutral B, and it hurts the opponent like Fox's reflector, and it's only on one side of his body, but good coverage of him. can spike)
Side B - Psywave (imagine Ivysaur's SideB only longer range and spammable)
Up B - Teleport (take a good guess)
Get this, with a Peach float.

Heracross:
Neutral B - Megahorn (a chargeable attack, decent range, like DK Side B, only less lag)
Side B - Fury Attack (like Marth's side B, only less range and better)
Up B - Aerial Ace (MK stylin, if you know what I mean. Yes, he learns it by level in D/P)
He has 3 jumps.

They switch out by Down B of course.
i belive the correct name is robotnik PINGAS!

GenericTacoKid

Smash Cadet
My REASONABLE character wishlist:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Dimentio (As he can cross dimentions, he seems to be the perfect antagonist in the story mode if they use the actual Nintendo worlds in the story)

DK
Diddy
Dixie
King K. Rool

Yoshi

Wario
Mona (Warioware needs a second representative)

Link (with Young Link as an alt.)
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf

Pikachu
Mewtwo
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Charizard (he rocks enough to be his own character)

Kirby
Metaknight
Dedede

Fox
Krystal
Wolf

Samus/Zamus
Dark Samus

Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Marth (with Roy alternate)
Lyn
Hector or Sigurd
Micaiah/Sothe tagteam (they replace Ike)(they can switch between each other)

Lucas
Ness

Pit
Mr.Game and Watch
Little Mac
Stafy
Issac
Saki
Animal Crosser

Dimentio is stretching it but that comes to 16 newcomers and 47 characters overall which I find reasonable. As long as it is balanced enough to make at the top fourth of the roster tournament viable without complete domination by 2 characters, then it is all right.

Plus I do not beleive smash should have any third party characters, especially not the rediculous amounts people place in their character lists.

a Micciah and sothe tagteam would be so much fun but Ike can stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom