• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo Michael

Smash Journeyman
But all Smash games to date have what you just mentioned... O_o
I mean that they should have it as online options as opposed to the timed ffa matches. Sorry if that wasn't clarified.

Something else I remember reading about in this thread was an idea of an in-game marketplace where you could spend those 9999 coins. From what I understand, you could choose an avatar (one of the characters from the roster) and you would walk across this plaza and search for what store you want to visit. I also remember the store clerks would be characters from the different Nintendo games i.e. - the clerk for the hidden stages store would be Tingle (he would sell you the map of the stage therefore unlocking it). The stores would sell unlockable alternate costumes and trophies along with other unlockables. I think that'd be an awesome idea.

DaThings

Smash Rookie
You've more than likely noticed how like 5 melee characters were taken out of Brawl. There are a few I wouldn't be surprised to see missing in the next edition. (Note: This is not a wishlist for removal)

*Lucas (Definitely)
*Olimar
*Zero-suit Samus
*Ice Climbers
*Pit
*Snake (Likely. They often refer to him as a "guest character")
*Sonic (Scary, but likely)
*Lucario
*Pokemon Trainer (?)
*Wario

I repeat, these are characters that have a good chance of being removed.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Notice that aside from Mewtwo, all the cut Melee characters were clones, which I don't doubt is a major reason for their removal. Anyway:

Lucas isn't going anywhere. He's seriously loved by the Japanese.

Olimar is pretty much the only character we have repping a 21st century series. He'll stay.

ZSS, I'm confident, will remain as is.

The Ice Climbers, if they were gonna get the boot, would've gotten it in Brawl.

The hype about Pit will definitely keep him in.

Snake and Sonic will most likely stay, as their inclusion was highly publicized for Brawl and they've consequently become heavily liked characters.

Lucario could leave us. He may very well be replaced by a 5th-generation Pokemon.

PT is too unique and too representative of Pokemon as a whole to go anywhere.

Wario... He's Wario. He deserves to stay in, for sure. Taking Wario out would be almost as bad as taking Luigi out. Well... Not quite, but still pretty ridiculous.

Given all those characters, I'm shocked we don't see R.O.B. on your list.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'd be scared if, to make Ganondorf not a clone, they removed Falcon, since he's just a racecar driver.

If anything, Mother 3 will get another representative, with the English fan translation coming out recently.

Toon Link might get the boot because they're too lazy to make him not just another Link and fans will be mad if he is.

And I honestly don't believe there will be a 5th Gen, at least I hope there won't. Mewtwo should replace Jiggs. Pikachu at least did have a half main role in the Pokemon game series. Jiggs did not.

Let's face it, the entire (save for the 3 starters) Pokemon representation is anime-based.
Pikachu: Yellow was based off Anime.
Pokemon Trainer: Uses Ash's voice.
Lucario: zomg he got a recent movie put him in
Jigglypuff: Heeey she has a funny role in the anime :D Worth nothing in the game, though.

Seriously. We need Pokemon representation fixed. Mewtwo, Kanto Trainer, Sinnoh Trainer, Darkrai.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff is one of the most popular Pokemon in Japan. That aside, she's been in since the first Smash Bros., so she's not gonna leave.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Didn't the Lucario movie come out like 3 years ago? GET FREAKING OVER IT PEOPLE! IT'S NOT RECENT!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Didn't the Mewtwo movie come out like 11 years ago? GET FREAKING OVER IT PEOPLE! IT'S NOT RECENT!

C WAT EYE DID THAR

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Mewtwo Strikes Back, A New Mewtwo, Attack of the Mewtwos... Yeah, all that jazz...

Roihu

Smash Ace
Didn't the Mewtwo movie come out like 11 years ago? GET FREAKING OVER IT PEOPLE! IT'S NOT RECENT!

C WAT EYE DID THAR
YES! EYE C WAT U DID THAR!

But Mewtwo was so badass.
Lucario is just...
Mewtwo was like the most badass villain ever.
Lucario was like cool the first time, but then... meh...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Mewtwo Strikes Back, A New Mewtwo, Attack of the Mewtwos... Yeah, all that jazz...
-The Poke Menace (JPN name for the first stateside one)
-Attack of the Clones (the first stateside one)
-Revenge of Mewtwo (JPN name for the second one)
-A New Mew (intro to the first stateside one)
-Mewtwo Strikes Back (Sequel)
-Return of the Mewtwo (Second sequel)

Just to clear things up.

anyone who doesn't c wut i did thar has got to be a moron

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
No chance. The originals aren't going anywhere. Like Sir Kibble said, this also applies to Jiggs.
Where do you come up with this? You speak like it's been said, and it hasn't.

A lot of people have been doing it and I would just like to point out, you do not know stop acting like you do. Sorry just a pet peeve and had to point this out.:p

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Where do you come up with this? You speak like it's been said, and it hasn't.

A lot of people have been doing it and I would just like to point out, you do not know stop acting like you do. Sorry just a pet peeve and had to point this out.:p
Well, there is strong evidence...Ness and Jigglypuff are still around after three games, despite many people saying they would've been cut in Brawl. But it's however you want to look at it....

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well, there is strong evidence...Ness and Jigglypuff are still around after three games, despite many people saying they would've been cut in Brawl. But it's however you want to look at it....
That's right, Ness will always be in Smash Bros....

...Until Now!111lolololol!~!11

Ah, Remember those days? :laugh:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
If Ness ever leaves Smash Bros., I will personally dispose of everyone involved in the making of the game.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
LOLOMFGBBQTACOS! Mario left Nintendo!!

Wait, um... Uh... Never mind... That...doesn't work...

I thiiiink... 10 bonus points if you get that reference. Haven't played that game in a while.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The majority of people in this thread, especially SmashBrosMike, left Nintendo!

If only that were true. . .

What? Why am I posting in here again?

I think Sakurai will of learned his lesson from Brawl with the anti competetive ness and the massive uproar caused by it, I expect SSB4 to correct most of Brawl's flaws.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
What? Why am I posting in here again?
For great justice!!

. . .

Okay, actually, I have no idea; it's just that everything sounds better if it's "for great justice!". . .

And I don't think Sakurai really cares too much that people freaked about Brawl not being "competitive enough." Maybe just me, but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to give in like that.

Cervance

Smash Rookie
SSB4 won't come out for at least half a decade. That is, until Nintendo releases the next console after the Wii. Its been like this for the beginning, so we can't expect it to come out soon, or improve Brawl at all. Melee was completely different from the original, and Brawl is different from Melee. Therefore, SSB4 will be entirely different from Brawl, and rather than fix Brawl's mistakes, it will ignore them and create more of their own. Sakurai's complete ignorance to the infinates of Melee proved this. In other words, by the time SSB4 comes out, if we do nothing, the competitive base of Smash will probably crumble under the anti-competitive nature of Nintendo.
I do, however, have a relatively simple plan already set into motion to reverse this. Many will cry fool; I assure you I am not. http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=426
There's a group I created to see how many people will support an actual REMAKE OF BRAWL. Not SSB4, but Brawl, re-released with extra content and a balanced roster. We all know Nintendo won't do this on their own, so we must band together as Smashers to literally petition Nintendo and show them exactly how many dedicated, and competitive, smashers are out there.

In short, if you've ever hoped Brawl could be more fair, have more content, less lag- at least check out my group and hear what I have to say. If we don't try, Nintendo will never change, and SSB's competitive game will, as I said before, crumble under Nintendo's competitive failure.
I can almost garuntee there will be a more broken character than Meta Knight in SSB4 if we do nothing.

Roihu

Smash Ace
SSB4 won't come out for at least half a decade. That is, until Nintendo releases the next console after the Wii. Its been like this for the beginning, so we can't expect it to come out soon, or improve Brawl at all. Melee was completely different from the original, and Brawl is different from Melee. Therefore, SSB4 will be entirely different from Brawl, and rather than fix Brawl's mistakes, it will ignore them and create more of their own. Sakurai's complete ignorance to the infinates of Melee proved this. In other words, by the time SSB4 comes out, if we do nothing, the competitive base of Smash will probably crumble under the anti-competitive nature of Nintendo.
I do, however, have a relatively simple plan already set into motion to reverse this. Many will cry fool; I assure you I am not. http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=426
There's a group I created to see how many people will support an actual REMAKE OF BRAWL. Not SSB4, but Brawl, re-released with extra content and a balanced roster. We all know Nintendo won't do this on their own, so we must band together as Smashers to literally petition Nintendo and show them exactly how many dedicated, and competitive, smashers are out there.

In short, if you've ever hoped Brawl could be more fair, have more content, less lag- at least check out my group and hear what I have to say. If we don't try, Nintendo will never change, and SSB's competitive game will, as I said before, crumble under Nintendo's competitive failure.
I can almost garuntee there will be a more broken character than Meta Knight in SSB4 if we do nothing.
That's technically an SSB4. =\
Nintendo, especially Sakurai, doesn't give a **** about what the competitive do. He can still sell nearly half a million copies without the competitors.
Competitors in Brawl are like, what? 1000 max?
Less lag wouldn't come with a remake. Less lag would come with an updated server.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, aren't you just a bucket of sunshine...

Nothing against competitives, seriously, because I know plenty of you are awesome people, but some of you really know how to throw a hissy fit, and you care too much. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun.

Seriously, though, what's all this "woe is me" business and almost undoubtedly futile attempts at getting Smash "fixed." It ain't broken. Sure, some characters are really good, and some are not so good. You will never get the game balanced, unless you give every character the same freakin' moveset. Is it so hard to just deal with it?

It's times like these I love being a casual. I'm so glad I get to like this game.

Lonestar_Phoenixxx

Smash Rookie
not sure if anyone said this, but i would like to see skull kid (majoras mask). and knuckles. and a few new standalone pokemon maybe frosslass, gallade, heracross, machamp (awesome possibilities), blaziken, and garchomp. especially the latter two.
uh...lets see...GOKU!!! HAHAA!! no...definately k.rool...uh replace diddy with conker...and instead of the assist trophy, lets have a custom robo, with different costumes making different physical effects and body types...and if pokemon trainer can have more pokemon...id like rotom...and politoed...and flygon. theres your three...lets see...your Mii would be cool...Chrono, of COURSE and, I'll do one more, because im not going to stop if i dont stop now...grey fox. need i say more?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
A lot of those characters area really, really unlikely, especially the truckload of Pokemon newcomers. Although a couple (like King K.Rool and Custom Robo) have got a good shot.

Also, please don't double post. That's what the "Edit" button is for. ;)

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
LOLOMFGBBQTACOS! Mario left Nintendo!!

Wait, um... Uh... Never mind... That...doesn't work...

I thiiiink... 10 bonus points if you get that reference. Haven't played that game in a while.
D-Do I smell a Phoenix Wright quote? Or am I just too obsessed with that game for my own good? :O

Aaanyway, you know what annoys me? People with unhealthy wishlists for Smash Bros.

not sure if anyone said this, but i would like to see skull kid (majoras mask). and knuckles. and a few new standalone pokemon maybe frosslass, gallade, heracross, machamp (awesome possibilities), blaziken, and garchomp. especially the latter two.
uh...lets see...GOKU!!! HAHAA!! no...definately k.rool...uh replace diddy with conker...and instead of the assist trophy, lets have a custom robo, with different costumes making different physical effects and body types...and if pokemon trainer can have more pokemon...id like rotom...and politoed...and flygon. theres your three...lets see...your Mii would be cool...Chrono, of COURSE and, I'll do one more, because im not going to stop if i dont stop now...grey fox. need i say more?
Skull Kid - Unlikely, considering he's not important to the series out of MM.
Knuckles - Tails first, ok?
Frosslass, Gallade, Heracross, Machamp, Blaziken, Garchomp - None of these have very much significance to the series. Like, at all. All they really have is popularity, and some of them don't even have THAT. Let's see Mewtwo, Gardevoir, or Darkra (mostly Darkrai) first.
Goku - I'll just assume this is sarcasm.
K. Rool - I can agree with this one. That's a first. XD
Conker - Rare left Nintendo. Conker was a critical failure. And comparing Diddy and Conker is about as ridiculous as comparing Mario and Otacon.
Customizable Custom Robo - This'd be interesting... I'd like to just see Ray instead, though.
Pokemon Trainer + more Pokemon - Three is enough. And I hate the idea of a second trainer, too. Let him stay unique and halfway usable, please. ^^;
Mii - I concur, though many people don't. :p
Chrono - Don't know. Honestly I don't care, either. Isn't he Square? Shouldn't something from FF get in first?
Grey Fox - Lol no. Let's keep him an AT, mmmkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom