• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
If Mewtwo were more popular due to being top tier in Melee and Falco less so due to being bottom, then Mewtwo would've been made much higher priority for Sakurai to get done over Falco. Do the math. The tiers themselves don't matter worth a rat's ***, just that they affected the opinions of the fans is what matters.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Please, please, PLEASE tell me how Mario and Link were more important to the SSE then Kirby, MK, and Dedede. Yes, it is his responsibility to represent everything properly. It's his game, he doesn't have to, but it's ridiculous to say he's not expected to.

Who would you suggest get the central roles? Your dear Pikachu?
I wasn't even talking about SSE; I meant outside of Smash. SSE was Sakurai's own idea, why did it need to reflect the overall popularity of any of the characters involved?

It's not Sakurai's responsibility to make Smash a big Nintendo history book. Smash is a fighting game using Nintendo's characters. He's added characters the way he sees fit, and it doesn't fit the Nintendo Code of Law of Representation, which is why people like you and others are still in fits.

And to answer your last question, yeah, why not? :p

10NOMEWTWOHE'SIMPORTANTS

darkserenade

Smash Ace
If Mewtwo were more popular due to being top tier in Melee and Falco less so due to being bottom, then Mewtwo would've been made much higher priority for Sakurai to get done over Falco. Do the math. The tiers themselves don't matter worth a rat's ***, just out they affected the opinions of the fans is what matters.
So, let me get this straight, a guy (Sakurai) who wants this game to be casual, will look out his window and hear Mewtwo mainers saying 'Mew 2! Mew 2! Mew 2!', and then acknowledge that Mewtwo should be finished before Falco? Also, IF Mewtwo were in, there would be 5 slots for pokemon, which would distort the selection screen.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Why is how nice the selection screen looks so **** important? As far as representation is concerned, having 3 Starfox reps is a MUCH bigger problem then having 5 Pokemon reps. Starfox only really deserves two due to having had two in Melee.

This wouldn't happen during development, it'd happen before. Falco scored high on Sakurai's polls to return thanks to his tier position. Really, are you going to be me the argument that a third Starfox characte ris more important then a fifth Pokemon one? That a clone moveset was more important then a unique one? That's hillarious. Falco got in over Mewtwo due to popularity. Had Mewtwo been more popular and Falco less so by having his tier position switched with Falco, we'd have him in Brawl over that Fox clone.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Why is how nice the selection screen looks so **** important? As far as representation is concerned, having 3 Starfox reps is a MUCH bigger problem then having 5 Pokemon reps. Starfox only really deserves two due to having had two in Melee.

This wouldn't happen during development, it'd happen before. Falco scored high on Sakurai's polls to return thanks to his tier position. Really, are you going to be me the argument that a third Starfox characte ris more important then a fifth Pokemon one? That a clone moveset was more important then a unique one? That's hillarious. Falco got in over Mewtwo due to popularity. Had Mewtwo been more popular and Falco less so by having his tier position switched with Falco, we'd have him in Brawl over that Fox clone.
Popularity...that's what matters right? Most Smash players don't give a crap about "tiers". Sakurai doesn't give a crap about tiers. Popularity lends itself to "tier postition".It just so happens that Mewtwo wasn't popular enough among most Smash players. And yes, I know that's what you're saying. But it has nothing to do with being "more important".

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
Things I would focus on in SSB4:
- More characters
- Get rid of some crappy tech stuff: IE Tripping.
- Better Story Mode: Enemies & Stages pulling in from character's games ie Samus' level's play like a metriod game...might be harder to do with things like Pokemon, though.
- Better online: No lag, more rule options, scoreboard, maybe even bigger 8 player stages.

I don't understand why people think there are "rules" for certain characters getting into the Smash series. At this point, there are no rules. Any character can "fit" into the games no matter what they are, like take Snake (3rd Party, realistic), Mr. G&W (kind of made up for smash based on the past G&W games and is 2-D) and even toon link (cel-shaded). Popularity does have some part in it, but that's not the whole thing: look at Mr.G&W and ROB.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Things I would focus on in SSB4:
- More characters
- Get rid of some crappy tech stuff: IE Tripping.
- Better Story Mode: Enemies & Stages pulling in from character's games ie Samus' level's play like a metriod game...might be harder to do with things like Pokemon, though.
- Better online: No lag, more rule options, scoreboard, maybe even bigger 8 player stages.

I don't understand why people think there are "rules" for certain characters getting into the Smash series. At this point, there are no rules. Any character can "fit" into the games no matter what they are, like take Snake (3rd Party, realistic), Mr. G&W (kind of made up for smash based on the past G&W games and is 2-D) and even toon link (cel-shaded). Popularity does have some part in it, but that's not the whole thing: look at Mr.G&W and ROB.
There are no real 'rules', but it would be sensible to not add generic characters like Dry Bones, and on. Chances of them appearing are basically none. It's basically the main protagonist, antagonist, and very important co-stars, with none of the game's ensemble. And...

NO MASTER CHIEF AND KRATOS.

For obvious reasons used as examples.

On the Mewtwo issue, I think it had a lot to do with Mewtwo's overal fleel and playability. He just sucked-- not that he wasn't a popular character. Compare his feel with someone with a higher tier and there is a big difference. If they do increase the franchise cap, I would love to see Mewtwo return with much needed buffs and different moves, and perhaps a different strategy?

I'm vouching for something like Samus/Zero Suit Samus, like an Armored Mewtwo>Normal.
Armor increases his weight making him fall faster and harder to knock around, and perhaps giving him hyper armor with some specials while normal Mewtwo's specials are stronger, but he's flies farther and is more floaty.

About the four character franchise cap-- am I alone on thinking it's going to remain four? I can't see any other game series representatives passing up Super Mario's roster either. If it does exceed four, I have a feeling that Geno will make it in next time from how much he was whored in the polls and journal mentions.

yamas11

Smash Cadet
I'm always wondering, if 3rd parties are back, would Sonic still have first priority to be in? The only reason he's truly popular for Smash Bros. is due to the rivalry between Sonic and Mario. Any other 3rd parties who should be in before Sonic?

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I'm a Sonic hater but I feel he should return on these grounds:

NO TALKING.

NO SHADOW,SILVER,AMY,CREAM,CHAO,BABYLON ROGUES OR ANY OTHER CRAPPY CHARACTERS IN ANY WAY.

TAILS, KNUCKLES, ROBOTNIK AND METAL SONIC GET SPARED.

Liked the old games but he just needs to quit.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Sonic hater but I feel he should return on these grounds:

NO TALKING.

NO SHADOW,SILVER,AMY,CREAM,CHAO,BABYLON ROGUES OR ANY OTHER CRAPPY CHARACTERS IN ANY WAY.

TAILS, KNUCKLES, ROBOTNIK AND METAL SONIC GET SPARED.

Liked the old games but he just needs to quit.
A color swap resembling Shadow, Silver, and Metal Sonic could work, but I also think he should stay. He just needs to get a few different moves, everything I do is a roll attack. Perhaps his down B could be his Flame Bounce attack and side B could be changed to his Light Dash.

GODMODE

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
There have been theory's that Master Hand and Crazy hand are just a kid playing with his Nintendo trophies. If this is true, do you think the kid will grow up and we'll see Masturb hand in the next installment?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Sonic got in Brawl at the last min, so he didn't have all those razzle dazzle moves he got in Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, (Twinkle Park theme song for the next Smash). :D

Back to why I'm here: I'm suprised I didn't hear who's going to be another good rep for Kirby. If that was said, I will say Ricky, Ribbon, or Gooey as PC idea's for Kirby. An AT idea would be Adeleine.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Sonic should be in next game.

Sonic vs Mario that should not change.

i know a definite moveset that would benefit too.

Anyways for Kirby MK may get in but who else? I am not too familiar with the genre.

For samus, we have Sylux, Trace, Spire and a few other characters. That would be a definitely good idea. Especially Spire.
BURN ****ES!

Pokemon gets enough reps.
Remove PT, remove Lucario, add mewtwo.

Remove snake. What history does he have with Nintendo other than originating from the NES?
hell Sonic had the whole Sega vs Nintendo thing so that makes sense but Snake? No.

Geno neesd in. Why? To shut everyone up.

Isaac should be in. Why? GS is arguably one of the better RPG's they have ever had.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
For samus, we have Sylux, Trace, Spire and a few other characters. That would be a definitely good idea. Especially Spire.
BURN ****ES!
I can't see those hunters getting in though. They're too impersonal-- only eligible ones I see are Dark Samus and Ridley, but he's too **** big. >:

They really need up update Samus' moves. Ice Missiles is a must. Change her Grapple Beam coming out of the back of her hand instead-- possibly speeding it up with more distance so she won't be as vulnerable, since she needs to be brought up a notch anyways.

Pokemon gets enough reps.
Remove PT, remove Lucario, add mewtwo.
I wouldn't necessarily remove PKMN Trainer. He's a three-for-one deal. Though I would like them to represent every generation of Pokemon sort of evenly. As for Lucario, for the sake of Mewtwo appearing since I am going by my idea that there won't be more than 4 characters per franchise, I would want Lucario removed for Mewtwo's return, but only if.

Remove snake. What history does he have with Nintendo other than originating from the NES?
hell Sonic had the whole Sega vs Nintendo thing so that makes sense but Snake? No.
Kojima begged Sakurai for sauce, and he was eligible, plus he's win tier. I don't think it's necessary for his removal.

Geno neesd in. Why? To shut everyone up.

Isaac should be in. Why? GS is arguably one of the better RPG's they have ever had.
**** YEAH, SEA KING!-- and word on Issac. If not Issac, perhaps Felix. Issac looks like a color swap of Ike in Brawl.

choknater said:
wow, nights haha
I know. Himshe would replace Jigglypuff in being the master of aerial combat. WALL OF PAIN WITH PARALOOPS AND MULTIPLE JUMPS WHAT!?

NjHudz

Smash Apprentice
In some place between Hyrule and Mushroom Kingdom
no!! Geno is okay, but metroid only needs ridley added, and people like PT and its a good representitive, no one likes mewtwo, snake is awesome. Issac would be pretty cool when you think about it. Then you need wolf link w/ midna, G&W needs out along with jiggly and toon link.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Kirby does not deserve four reps, and more importantly there are no important or popular characters outside of the three already in Brawl. Kirby is one of the few series perfectly represented, why fix what isn't broken?

Cutting PT? The only way he'll get cut is if they don't want to take the time to add back in 3 movesets.

On the topic of the 4 characters per series cap. . .Pokemon BEGS for 5. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and the PT are staying. A 5th gen rep will be added. Due to this 4 character cap, are we REALLY going to keep both Lucario and Mewtwo out of the game? That's utterly ridiculous. They both beg to return, and disposing of both would be a smack to the face. Pokemon needs a 5th rep more then Mario right now due to more viable characters, and it's not exactly a stretch Mario could get a 5th either. Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. are decent candidates.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
On the topic of the 4 characters per series cap. . .Pokemon BEGS for 5. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and the PT are staying. A 5th gen rep will be added. Due to this 4 character cap, are we REALLY going to keep both Lucario and Mewtwo out of the game? That's utterly ridiculous. They both beg to return, and disposing of both would be a smack to the face.
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard. We've already got five. Actually, with Lucario, we've got six Pokemon.

It doesn't matter that they're transformations--what's important is that the developers have spent the time to make six playable Pokemon. And to quote a wise man:

MasterWarlord said:
Why is how nice the selection screen looks so **** important?
...So don't try to counter with that argument. Sakurai counts transformations as separate characters (he's gone on record saying Melee has 26 characters), so why shouldn't you?

I think Pokemon's fine like it is with Pikachu, Jiggs, PT (counting as 3, whichever generation's starters they are), and one extraneous monster. Probably a 5th gen rep.

PND

Smash Champion
My dream roster:

Note: I capped the series at 5 reps MAXIMUM. 49 character plus random = 50 spaces, 10 by 5 character screen. Also, after some characters I'll have an alternate costume I'd love to see in brackets. Here we go, organized by series:

Mario:
Mario (Dr.Mario)
Luigi
Peach (Daisy)
Bowser
Paper Mario

Yoshi:
Yoshi (Boshi)

Warioware:
Wario (Classic)

DKC:
DK (DK Jr.)
Diddy
Dixie
King K.Rool (Kaptain K.Rool)

Zelda:
Link
Zelda / Sheik (Marin, although it wouldn't really work with Sheik.)
Ganondorf
Toon Link (Young Link)
Midna / Wolf Link (As much as I'd love to see them in, this is mostly just a filler spot for another Zelda character from the next main installment of the series. No, not Vaati.)

Metroid:
Samus / ZSS (Dark Samus)
Ridley (Meta Ridley)

Fire Emblem:
Marth (Princess Marth)
Ike (Roy)
Lyn

Mother:
Ness (Ninten)
Lucas (Claus)
Porky / Pokey

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PKMN Trainer (Female Trainer)
Lucario
Mewtwo

Kirby:
Kirby
Dedede
Metaknight

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal (Kat)

Other:
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Isaac (I'd prefer Felix w/ an Axe, but Isaac is far more likely)

Retro:
Ice Climbers
Pit
Little Mac (Pink jogging suit)

Retro WTF?:
G&W
R.O.B.
Captain N (Explains my choices below)

3rd Party:
Sonic (Shadow)
Snake (Big Boss / Old Snake)
Simon Belmont
Megaman

Other features I'd love to see:
No tripping
Stage for every character
Expanded stage creator
Better online.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Even if you do count the PT as 3 characters, it'd still be stuck with the same amount of characters as it had in Brawl, which would be rather unappealing.

If you go by character slots, it's been stuck with 4 since Melee, and still having 4 in SSB4 would be quite awkward. Ignoring character slots, the PT's individual Pokemon aren't treated much like individual characters compared to Shiek and ZSS. Shiek and ZSS were seperate dojo updates, PT was one big one. Shiek and ZSS can actually be played without their counterparts, while all three of PT's Pokemon must be played due to fatigue. PT's three Pokemon are considered one character much more so then the average transformation.

If you want to change the Pokemon in the PT slot, you may as well just throw the PT out. That would be removing the old Pokemon, I don't care what you say, the starters are too different to be clones of each other in most cases. If the Pokemon in PT's moveset were ever going to be anything but 1st gen, it was going to be in Brawl. They could've used PT to advertise 4th gen even more in Brawl, but they stuck with the iconic 1st gen. I'd find it strange they'd change their minds for the 5th gen.

The only case where I see PT's Pokemon changing are if there's no iconic mascot for the 5th gen, or that mascot isn't very popular and is very minor. Then Sakurai will change the PT's Pokemon to 5th gen to give a more acceptable newcomer for it, bringing back Lucario or Mewtwo for the 4th slot instead of the "5th gen rep".

But I still am -very- uncomfortable with Pokemon having four slots for three games. We'll just have to see how loud people scream for Lucario and Mewtwo.

Oh, and if we're going by the logic that Pokemon has 6 characters, then Zelda has 5 and Metroid has 2. Just FYI.

darkserenade

Smash Ace

Wake up and smell the coffee. Sakurai didn't put many people from the polls. Really, are you going to argue that Sakurai would acknowledge the polls cause he sees Mewtwo instead of Falco? That he would stop in the process of creating Falco's specials to do Mewtwo's? That's hillarious.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Wake up and smell the coffee. Sakurai didn't put many people from the polls. Really, are you going to argue that Sakurai would acknowledge the polls cause he sees Mewtwo instead of Falco? That he would stop in the process of creating Falco's specials to do Mewtwo's? That's hillarious.
If he was already doing Falco? Hell no. I'm assuming this was before he had anybody but the most notable characters in the game, probably the original eight, give or take a few, but sure as hell not Falco. If he saw Mewtwo as more popular before doing work on either of the two characters, then he'd Mewtwo as higher priority, unless he was lazy and wanted to do a clone moveset at the time. You really aren't giving much of an argument here.

Btw, your sig is epic.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Even if you do count the PT as 3 characters, it'd still be stuck with the same amount of characters as it had in Brawl, which would be rather unappealing.
But in Brawl the franchise has more characters than any other franchise. So, disappointing as it may be, it leaves other, more deserving series out in the cold.

Ignoring character slots, the PT's individual Pokemon aren't treated much like individual characters compared to Shiek and ZSS. Shiek and ZSS were seperate dojo updates, PT was one big one. Shiek and ZSS can actually be played without their counterparts, while all three of PT's Pokemon must be played due to fatigue. PT's three Pokemon are considered one character much more so then the average transformation.
I personally play Squirtle exclusively, and just deal with the fatigue. I think they should get rid of that system, because while it's true to the games, it's still an artificial limitation that forces a player to play with three wildly diverse characters, when they may or may not be any good with all three.

Even if they're considered to be one character moreso than other transformations, in this thread, where we're basically trying to guess which and how many characters get into the next game, you're shooting yourself in the foot if you don't count PT as three separate characters, because the biggest factor that impacts how many characters get in is time. And making a moveset (probably) takes the most time out of all the things the developers have to do.

And obviously, making movesets for all three of PT's Pokemon takes as long as making three regular movesets. So therefor they are three separate fighters.

If you want to change the Pokemon in the PT slot, you may as well just throw the PT out. That would be removing the old Pokemon, I don't care what you say, the starters are too different to be clones of each other in most cases. If the Pokemon in PT's moveset were ever going to be anything but 1st gen, it was going to be in Brawl.
Just forget what I said about this. For the sake of the argument, let's just say that PT's Pokemon will always be Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.

Oh, and if we're going by the logic that Pokemon has 6 characters, then Zelda has 5 and Metroid has 2. Just FYI.
Yup yup. :) Now you're catching on.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I just find it strange that he goes through all the work of adding transformations when he could be adding actual characters instead. Why not seperate the transformations to make the roster look bigger, to make it 39 slots as well as 39 movesets? For PT it'd be rather awkward, but it'd make some sense for ZSS and Shiek. PT however would be very awkward seperated, as Pokemon doesn't deserve 6 slots, much less Ivysaur as a playable character on his own or even Squirtle/Charizard.

But seeing as making PT's three Pokemon is so much work, why not just bring back Lucario and/or Mewtwo instead? They'd get more "credit" for it in that they'd actually be regognized as seperate characters. As a matter of fact, I think they're both probably more popular at this point in time then the PT, at least Lucario. Cutting PT is cutting 3 movesets, yes, but cutting PT is also 3 movesets they don't have to do, it's time they could spend bringing back 3 other characters.

I'm very iffy on Pokemon now. Pikachu and Jiggs are the only ones we can expect without a second thought, and there are two or three slots that are anyone's guess, besides of course the currently non existant 5th gen rep.

And yes, I think the implementation of fatigue was a dumb idea. The only people who care/notice about it are the competetive players though, so I sadly most likely see it coming back, assuming the PT returns.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I can't see PT being cut. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are three Pokemon that everyone knows, all three movesets are totally unique, and unless they change the actual Pokemon (which they won't), PT represents Pokemon as a videogame franchise in a nutshell. Which is more than can be said for virtually any other character in the game (G&W might be an exception).

And we were talking about separating Zelda and Sheik a couple pages back, but I don't think anything came of it. The characters aren't interchangeable. I mean, if they were going to split them apart...suddenly Sheik isn't really that interesting. She/he/it/potato was a disguise for a character in one game...so in a way it'd be like making F.L.U.D.D. or Toad a separate character...

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a matter based of opinions on how to count characters like Chairzard, ivysaur, Samus, Sheik, Squirtle, Zelda, and Zero Suit Samus. I know they all fight very differently from each other, but they all occupy the same slot as their main counterparts.

So I'd consider Pokemon having 4 still as well as the Legend of Zelda count.

Bowser Jr.? Paper Mario? I'm not all for Geno, but I think he is a lot more in demand than the other two. This idea, is of course, for the sake of expanding the character slots per franchise. (Assuming that no other franchise will exceed Super Mario)

THIS IS SERIOUS BUISNESS!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I think SSB4 should have atleast 62 characters.
You crazy, mang. :bee:

Darky Dee said:
I think it's a matter based of opinions on how to count characters like Chairzard, ivysaur, Samus, Sheik, Squirtle, Zelda, and Zero Suit Samus.
So are you. The creator of the games counts them as separate characters, so why should anybody do differently?

kr3wman

Smash Master
I think SSB4 should have atleast 62 characters.
I can see it now...

Unveiling...

Smash vs Capcom!!!

With a character roster of over 100 characters!!

Play as one of the 50+ popular Nintendo characters such as Mario, Kirby, Link or duke it out with one of the 50+ Capcom Characters like Ryu, Chun-Li or Megaman!

:)

It could happen. Tatsunoko vs Capcom showed us it could be Anything vs Capcom.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I just find it strange that he goes through all the work of adding transformations when he could be adding actual characters instead. Why not seperate the transformations to make the roster look bigger, to make it 39 slots as well as 39 movesets? For PT it'd be rather awkward, but it'd make some sense for ZSS and Shiek. PT however would be very awkward seperated, as Pokemon doesn't deserve 6 slots, much less Ivysaur as a playable character on his own or even Squirtle/Charizard.

But seeing as making PT's three Pokemon is so much work, why not just bring back Lucario and/or Mewtwo instead? They'd get more "credit" for it in that they'd actually be regognized as seperate characters. As a matter of fact, I think they're both probably more popular at this point in time then the PT, at least Lucario. Cutting PT is cutting 3 movesets, yes, but cutting PT is also 3 movesets they don't have to do, it's time they could spend bringing back 3 other characters.
To create a unique character....

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
But DBZBT3 Has like 100 chars and its for the wii.
Those characters are basically all clones of each other, with only a few (or none, in many cases) special moves to set them apart.

Also that game doesn't have to worry about balance so much, since you can tweak a character's stats at will.

@kr3wman: Or something like that. I still think it'd be awesome to have a 50-character roster that's made up of 25 Ninty characters (so yes, a lot of cutting), and 3 to 7 characters each from gaming's big companies: Capcom, Namco, SEGA, Square-Enix, Tecmo, and Konami.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
If he was already doing Falco? Hell no. I'm assuming this was before he had anybody but the most notable characters in the game, probably the original eight, give or take a few, but sure as hell not Falco. If he saw Mewtwo as more popular before doing work on either of the two characters, then he'd Mewtwo as higher priority, unless he was lazy and wanted to do a clone moveset at the time. You really aren't giving much of an argument here.

Btw, your sig is epic.
I call a cease-fire cause of that last line.:bee:
Smash vs Capcom!!!

With a character roster of over 100 characters!!

Play as one of the 50+ popular Nintendo characters such as Mario, Kirby, Link or duke it out with one of the 50+ Capcom Characters like Ryu, Chun-Li or Megaman!

It could happen. Tatsunoko vs Capcom showed us it could be Anything vs Capcom.
Nintendo isn't epic enough to agree with that, since Capcom will probably make more money in the long run (everybody knows Nintendo; noobs/children don't know what Capcom does/is.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
T@kr3wman: Or something like that. I still think it'd be awesome to have a 50-character roster that's made up of 25 Ninty characters (so yes, a lot of cutting), and 3 to 7 characters each from gaming's big companies: Capcom, Namco, SEGA, Square-Enix, Tecmo, and Konami.
**** YEAH, SEAKING!

Capcom: Megaman, Zero, Jill
Namco: Nightmare, Lloyd, KOS-MOS
SEGA: Sonic, NiGHTS
Square-Enix: Black Mage, Geno, Chrono
Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa
Konami: Snake, Simon Belmont

Not really, but one of those probable third-party newcomers would be fine with me, just not all. When I see it, I will **** bricks.

Though I don't want there to be many cuts for Nintendo characters, so I'm fine with not as many third-party guests.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Capcom: Megaman, Zero, Ryu, Viewtiful Joe
Namco: Nightmare, Lloyd, KOS-MOS
SEGA: Sonic, Tails, NiGHTS, Gunstar Heroes
Square-Enix: Black Mage, Geno, Crono, Sora
Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa, Rygar
Konami: Snake, Simon Belmont, Klonoa
Right there's 19 awesome characters. Now just trim down the 39 Brawl characters to 31, and you've got yourself a game.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Who would you put on a roster of 25 to represent Nintendo in a 50 character company crossover game? Ignore Sonic and Snake, they're getting in as non Nintendo characters.

My proposed list:

1-12: Original twelve
13: Bowser
14: Zelda/Shiek
15: Ganondorf
16: Wario
17: Diddy Kong
18: Meta Knight
19: King Dedede
20: Marth
21: Ike
22: Pokemon Trainer
23: Pit
24: Olimar
25: Falco/Wolf

smashbot226

Smash Master
Who would you put on a roster of 25 to represent Nintendo in a 50 character company crossover game? Ignore Sonic and Snake, they're getting in as non Nintendo characters.

My proposed list:

1-12: Original twelve
13: Bowser
14: Zelda/Shiek
15: Ganondorf
16: Wario
17: Diddy Kong
18: Meta Knight
19: King Dedede
20: Marth
21: Ike
22: Pokemon Trainer