• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thought I'd mention girl characters again. Which do you think have potential? I'll put mine in. Those in red are ones that can be standalone. Blue ones are those who would fit best as alt. models. Ones in both can go either way.

Daisy
Rosalina

Captain Syrup
Mona
Ashley

Dixie Kong
Tiny Kong
Krystal
Paula
Kumatora
Lip
Palutena(Assuming that Kid Icarus Wii puts her in a more prominent role.
Sheeda
Lyn
Micaiah
Jody Summers

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Thought I'd mention girl characters again. Which do you think have potential? I'll put mine in. Those in red are ones that can be standalone. Blue ones are those who would fit best as alt. models. Ones in both can go either way.

Daisy
Rosalina

Captain Syrup
Mona
Ashley

Dixie Kong
Tiny Kong
Krystal
Paula
Kumatora
Lip
Sheeda
Lyn
Micaiah
Jody Summers
and with that,Presea and Sheena for SSB4

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
How about Dixie Kong, Krystal, & Birdo (if you consider it a girl)?
DIXIE KONG

Okay, here we go. I favor Dixie Kong for SSB Mayhem (that's just what I call the 4th installment; tell others if you agree w/ my idea!) and favored her to be in Brawl. However, she was going to be in Brawl, as all of you know as an IC-like duo w/Diddy. Sakurai said it just didn't work. W/e, they would be weird anyway. Dixie Kong, however, probably will not make it to Mayhem. King K. Rool has a LOT more popularity, unfortunately, so he would most likely make it in (and it would increase uniqueness because we already have 2 monkeys, why not add a reptile thing instead of a 3rd monkey?) before Dixie will (which she will eventually, it's just a matter of time).

KRYSTAL

She was the most popular character wanted for Brawl (under the Star Fox series) in the U.S. (in Japan it's Wolf or Leon). She will most likely make it inMayhem, and she probably will not be a clone (they already have 3; Wolf isn't really a clone but the Landmaster is a little bit clonish no matter how different it is [again I know Wolf is a heavily luigified clone he's one of my secondaries]). 4 clones/characters with the similar b moves are too much and Sakurai knows it. Besides, she has a staff to use--a never before used melee weapon by any preceding character--AND with elemental attacks as a nice little topping. Krystal WILL make it to a smash game, it's just a matter of time as well.

BIRDO

Others have stated Birdo's reasons, so there is no reason for me to provide overkill.

Ilex

Smash Ace

Daisy
Rosalina

Captain Syrup
Mona
Ashley

Dixie Kong
Tiny Kong
Krystal
Paula
Kumatora
Lip
Sheeda
Lyn
Micaiah
Jody Summers
Captain Syrup- Who is this?
Krystal- If Smash ever needs a cheap poledancing furry fetishist loving fox w***e, we'll give her a call
Paula- Mother has enough reps for the size of its franchise
Kumatora- See above.
Lip- Who?
Palutena- She'd be interesting, as long as she isn't a Zelda clone
Sheeda- Who?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
The first feature they need to do is 8 players. Yes, you know that would be badass. The possibilities are endless.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
9-volt for Brawl!

first, yes i misunderstood the naval thing. still, the air units in FE have to come down to attack. in AW, many higher flying aircrafts such as bombers and fighters can only be touched by two ground units and one naval unit.

even though i like Mona better then Ashley, and pretty much has a bigger part then Ashley, I have to admit Mona really couldn't have a good moveset. at least Ashley has witchcraft. though I think 9-volt would work out for SSB4. he could be a faster but weaker clone of Wario.

Challenger approaching, 9-volt!

9-volt: 9-volt is a genius elementary school kid in Wario Ware. He's one of Wario's friends (I bet Wario ***** him lololol) who works on his games with him. He's addicted to video games, mostly old Nintendo games but also some new Nintendo games. He also is a DJ, which he also does for fun on his spare time. In Wario Ware Twisted! (the second game) he meats someone called 18-volt, and they become best friends. 18-volt has a boombox and loves music, mostly newer music as opposed to 9-volt, but also shares a love for video games. he's also like twice the size of 9-volt even though he's in 9-volts class.

specials

side-B:

his scateboard. it would have similar affects to wario's bike, but would go faster but not as much damage. rather then doing a wheelie, he can lean his board up a little, but it won't be as high.

up-B: I'm thinking tornado would boost him up. this is kinda like Links boomerang, or maybe like the wind waker. it would twist the enemy like Wario's. for a more classic aproach, it could be a high jump with his fist up, hitting a block and getting a coin. it wouldn't twist the enemy, but it would lead them up until when he gets the coin. keep in mind that5 there won't be any more close clones, only slightly similar ones.

down-B: this will be much different from the waft. he'll take out 18-volt's boombox and you'll see sound waves around him. he may go up a little, but not as much.

neutral B: i don't know about this exactly, though I'm think it would just be like a grab except it can also go in air. it may be like a combination of diddy kongs and wario's nuetral B.

tilts

nuetral A: jabs

side A: a longer punch (like wario's)

down A: instantly takes out a record and stabs downward. pops them upward.

up A: shoots his hands in the air, holding the wii-mote and numchuck.

Smashes

Forward Smash: swings the wii tennis racket. Or the Ping-Pong looking racket in the old tennis games.

Down Smash: Kind of like Wario's down smash, except makes it look more like break dancing.

Up Smash: the bulbs on his helmet explode, sending the enemy upward.

Airs

Nair: does a skydiving looking attack like wario or DDD, except has a balloon rider bubble above him. it could also be a parachute from the game parachute on the G&W, assuming G&W isn't in SSB4. i don't think he will be.

Fair: swings the 2-D master sword.

Dair: rotates upside-down, just like wario

Bair: headbutts like wario

Misc.

toadstoal jump: bounces off with his fist above his head like the classic mario.

taunts: up taunt is a jumping jack, side taunt is swinging the wiimote like a sword, and down taunt is sitting down and playing DS.

Final Smash: I'm thinking either turning 2-D and very big. he'd be invincible, and like Wario-Man and retain his moves but they would have slightly different affects.

peNNy

Smash Cadet
NO TRIPPING.

Isaac of Golden Sun... maybe some others out of this great game...

Baby Bowser would be nice

Dante ! DANTE have to be in it.. it would be so cool =)

´nother Sonic-char?

Some more stages like Battlefield and Final Destination... without all this moving crap... horrible ;_;

a better singleplayer...

Some more chars and it would be the perfect game..

Agi

Smash Lord
first, yes i misunderstood the naval thing. still, the air units in FE have to come down to attack. in AW, many higher flying aircrafts such as bombers and fighters can only be touched by two ground units and one naval unit.

even though i like Mona better then Ashley, and pretty much has a bigger part then Ashley, I have to admit Mona really couldn't have a good moveset. at least Ashley has witchcraft. though I think 9-volt would work out for SSB4. he could be a faster but weaker clone of Wario.

Challenger approaching, 9-volt!

9-volt: 9-volt is a genius elementary school kid in Wario Ware. He's one of Wario's friends (I bet Wario ***** him lololol) who works on his games with him. He's addicted to video games, mostly old Nintendo games but also some new Nintendo games. He also is a DJ, which he also does for fun on his spare time. In Wario Ware Twisted! (the second game) he meats someone called 18-volt, and they become best friends. 18-volt has a boombox and loves music, mostly newer music as opposed to 9-volt, but also shares a love for video games. he's also like twice the size of 9-volt even though he's in 9-volts class.

specials

side-B:

his scateboard. it would have similar affects to wario's bike, but would go faster but not as much damage. rather then doing a wheelie, he can lean his board up a little, but it won't be as high.

up-B: I'm thinking tornado would boost him up. this is kinda like Links boomerang, or maybe like the wind waker. it would twist the enemy like Wario's. for a more classic aproach, it could be a high jump with his fist up, hitting a block and getting a coin. it wouldn't twist the enemy, but it would lead them up until when he gets the coin. keep in mind that5 there won't be any more close clones, only slightly similar ones.

down-B: this will be much different from the waft. he'll take out 18-volt's boombox and you'll see sound waves around him. he may go up a little, but not as much.

neutral B: i don't know about this exactly, though I'm think it would just be like a grab except it can also go in air. it may be like a combination of diddy kongs and wario's nuetral B.

tilts

nuetral A: jabs

side A: a longer punch (like wario's)

down A: instantly takes out a record and stabs downward. pops them upward.

up A: shoots his hands in the air, holding the wii-mote and numchuck.

Smashes

Forward Smash: swings the wii tennis racket. Or the Ping-Pong looking racket in the old tennis games.

Down Smash: Kind of like Wario's down smash, except makes it look more like break dancing.

Up Smash: the bulbs on his helmet explode, sending the enemy upward.

Airs

Nair: does a skydiving looking attack like wario or DDD, except has a balloon rider bubble above him. it could also be a parachute from the game parachute on the G&W, assuming G&W isn't in SSB4. i don't think he will be.

Fair: swings the 2-D master sword.

Dair: rotates upside-down, just like wario

Bair: headbutts like wario

Misc.

toadstoal jump: bounces off with his fist above his head like the classic mario.

taunts: up taunt is a jumping jack, side taunt is swinging the wiimote like a sword, and down taunt is sitting down and playing DS.

Final Smash: I'm thinking either turning 2-D and very big. he'd be invincible, and like Wario-Man and retain his moves but they would have slightly different affects.
You should submit this to the "Make your Move" thread! Also, the Final Smash reminds me of super paper mario. = ]

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Captain Maple Syrup was Wario's first antagonist in the Wario Land series and possibly Nintendo's first female "villainess" (first and second game). After a decade of absence, she's returning in Wario Land: Shake it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
darkserenade said:
P.S we're now debating about chocolate pudding and what it has contributed to the world. Chocolate pudding is awesome.Rebutal? Also, it's fun to debate with you=).
You spelled "rebuttal" wrong. I win, tapioca is way better. :lick:

Gygados said:
I'd like to see Midna & Wolf Link as a character, but I don't want Link morphing in the middle of a match like Samus unless Wolf Link is really good.
Someone else mentioned this: Wolf Link is a boring character.

Also, two more reasons not to include him--1: By the time SSB4 is out, he'll be outdated by the next Link. He's definitely not coming back, in any case. 2: Wolf Link isn't worthy of being represented again. From a pure gameplay perspective, Wolf Link was not a fun, innovative mechanic.

On to stages; SSB4 really needs to bring back Saffron City in some way are another. That was the best stage in the original in my opinion. A custom stage just doesn't cut the cheese the way the original did.
While it would be neat to have all the past stages come back, I really don't know why Saffron gets so much love.

I mean, the only thing unique about it is the Pokemon, which is redundant, as there's an item just for that.

mantlecore77 said:
This: what kind of nerfs are expected?
Snake's hitboxes are cut in half, Dedede's chain-grab is fixed, neutral A combos (G&W, Falco) don't draw in anymore, and Super Sonic is less responsive. Those are the big ones.

KumaOso said:
Daisy
Rosalina
Captain Syrup
Mona
Ashley
Dixie Kong
Tiny Kong
Krystal
Paula
Kumatora
Lip
Sheeda
Lyn
Micaiah
Jody Summers
Maybe Captain Syrup, assuming she does much of anything in Warioland Shake It. I'm all for Mona, but not Ashley. I personally can't stand any of the Rare-made Kongs (even Diddy Kong's pains me), so I won't talk about them. Krystal for the win, I think Mother's fine with 2 reps, barring Mother 3 coming stateside (not going to happen). Lip also for the win, I'm with you on the Palutena thing, Sheeda=totally. Maybe, but probably not, Lyn. And I didn't like Micaiah, and she'll be outdated by FE12's characters (Sheeda isn't as she'll be in FEDS).

Jody Summers would be horrible. Seriously.
Mr. EAD for SSB4.

Anyway, to add to this list...

Jill (Drill Dozer)
Female PT (with a different set of Pokemon, like the 5th gen starters)
Elite Beat Divas (EBA)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
Sami (Advance Wars)
Amaterasu (Okami)

Ilex said:
Krystal- If Smash ever needs a cheap poledancing furry fetishist loving fox w***e, we'll give her a call
Well then, get on it! Call her up, pronto, man.

ozz3000 said:
The first feature they need to do is 8 players. Yes, you know that would be badass. The possibilities are endless.
It would only work on huge maps, like Hyrule Temple or New Pork. That said, it would be hard to fit all the damage meters on one screen, but if you somehow had two screens...

Spire III said:
No, they're a bunch of development-resistant girls who refuse to grow the **** up. I hate them.
I have nothing to say concerning this subject.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You can just have the damage be displayed over the character's head in 8 player mode.
It's not just that though--you've gotta' put the remaining stock somewhere. Having "54%" and "M x93" above eight different Marios would be very, very cluttered and confusing.

Then there's the issue of controller slots. Technically the Wii can support up to seven, but that's only Wiimotes, not GCN controllers. Also seven is not eight.

But the DS version could pull this off wonderfully. ;)

Grunt

Smash Master
Needs moar tripping.
also, You should add "Tumbling".
Randomly while jumping, you will mess up and start falling for no reason.
because, jumping's OP, remember?
Aslo, bring back phantom hits, only 50% of the time, you whiff it. but if you're move is a projectile, then it never whiffs.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
You spelled "rebuttal" wrong. I win, tapioca is way better. :lick:

While it would be neat to have all the past stages come back, I really don't know why Saffron gets so much love.

I mean, the only thing unique about it is the Pokemon, which is redundant, as there's an item just for that.

Super Sonic is less responsive.

I personally can't stand any of the Rare-made Kongs (even Diddy Kong's pains me), so I won't talk about them. Krystal for the win, I think Mother's fine with 2 reps, barring Mother 3 coming stateside (not going to happen). Lip also for the win.

Amaterasu (Okami)
Who are you to say that Saffron City is not notable or awesome:mad:! It was the first skyscraper stage ever built. And it just plainly stated, pwned! Well then, you are one of the MANY FEW people out there who don't love Saffron City. It's just awesome (and honestly the only good [besides Pokémon Stadium 1, that one was decent] Pokémon stage in all of smash (cuz I reaaallllllly love Spear Pillar lol jk). Saffron City is just...Saffron City.

I must agree w/u however, on the subject of Super Sonic. It must be weakened and made more sluggish. Even a noob could kill an awesome smash veteran.

Krystal, Lip for the win (agreeing twice). However, u stated how u don't like Rare-made Kongs (as in Dixie, Kiddy, the others in 64) and u stated even Diddy. Now, what about Donkey Kong, isn't he Rare-made, too?

And yes! Amaterasu for the win!!!!! However, wouldn't she be a 3rd party? And isn't that 3rd party company Capcom? Yeah, as much as I want Amaterasu for Mayhem, Megaman is gunna take the Capcom spot before she does (which is bitter-sweet). And by the time the next smash game comes out, won't the Okami series become old kinda like Wolf Link (not saying Okami isn't innovative, or an awesome mechanical part of the game, etc. only basing it on time)?

PhillipthaGoober

Smash Journeyman
Needs moar tripping.
also, You should add "Tumbling".
Randomly while jumping, you will mess up and start falling for no reason.
because, jumping's OP, remember?
Aslo, bring back phantom hits, only 50% of the time, you whiff it. but if you're move is a projectile, then it never whiffs.
Don't give Sakurai any ideas

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Why are you talking about nerfing Final Smashes? Their supposed 2 be tremendously overpowered (and not for competitive play).
Oh yeah...I forgot about that sorry.:( So I'm just gunna kill all of you w/ my Peach Blossom final smash cuz it's "Tremendously overpowered".

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
No, they're a bunch of development-resistant girls who refuse to grow the **** up. I hate them.

That had no purpose. What do you have against FE? If you don't like a game, don't play it. I don't care if it was because some fangirls that we got FE. That dosen't change the fact that it's a great game..

Sounds like a plan. In the words of my younger brother, 'Fire Emblem is the same as Pokemon, only it sucks'.
Pokemon? Have you ever played FE? It's nothing like pokemon. You fight with your units but each you only get one attack per unit. It takes a brain to beat it, not just throughing a random pokeball to catch a monster and then training till you can beat the gym. FE has weapons, does pokemon? In FE if your unit dies, there gone. In pokemon, the faint. How can you even compare the 2? Zelda is more FE then pokemon >.>

darkserenade

Smash Ace
=Chief Mendez;5076198]You spelled "rebuttal" wrong. I win, tapioca is way better. :lick:
Hold it!... You forget a period after:lick:.I win!
Someone else mentioned this: Wolf Link is a boring character.

Also, two more reasons not to include him--1: By the time SSB4 is out, he'll be outdated by the next Link. He's definitely not coming back, in any case. 2: Wolf Link isn't worthy of being represented again. From a pure gameplay perspective, Wolf Link was not a fun, innovative mechanic.
I agree, Wolf Link is a bit dry, but maybe they could give Midna the main part with magic.

Saffron City was okay, but I'd rather see the Hyrule stage again.
Snake's hitboxes are cut in half, Dedede's chain-grab is fixed, neutral A combos (G&W, Falco) don't draw in anymore, and Super Sonic is less responsive. Those are the big ones.
What about buffs? Not many people debate on that one, but Yoshi and Ganondorf look really desperate, and I'm thinking Samus and Link need it, too.
Maybe Captain Syrup, assuming she does much of anything in Warioland Shake It. I'm all for Mona, but not Ashley. I personally can't stand any of the Rare-made Kongs (even Diddy Kong's pains me), so I won't talk about them. Krystal for the win, I think Mother's fine with 2 reps, barring Mother 3 coming stateside (not going to happen). Lip also for the win, I'm with you on the Palutena thing, Sheeda=totally. Maybe, but probably not, Lyn. And I didn't like Micaiah, and she'll be outdated by FE12's characters (Sheeda isn't as she'll be in FEDS).

Jody Summers would be horrible. Seriously. Bob the Builder for SSB4.
Fixed:bee:.

Jill (Drill Dozer)
Nooo.
Female PT (with a different set of Pokemon, like the 5th gen starters)
Not sure.
Elite Beat Divas (EBA)
Who's next, Darth Vader?!
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
I was definitely close.... But in all seriousness,no.
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
o_0
Sami (Advance Wars)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Captain Falcon:Yes!

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Isaac of Golden Sun
Truly, at first, I didn't like the idea of Golden Sun being affiliated with Smash Bros. at all. But now I think I have a change of mind, considering that I've looked up their legal owning rights and such...

I think that Isaac and one other Golden Sun character would fit in nicely, just like Marth & Roy (later Ike) fit into Smash Bros... I know that Golden Sun is a much, much, much, much smaller universe but it was an extremely popular Nintendo-released RPG game.

StrayakaKraiz

Smash Rookie
As far as characters go, maybe...

Isaac and Saturos from Golden Sun (Awesome game)

Another Sonic character, preferably Knux'

Lyn (I guess, not too terribly familiar with the FE series)

Megaman X and Zero (Most definitely!)

that's about it

Mechanics, moves, etc.

ducky285 had a pretty good idea, about the air grabs and the reverse smash. They would definitely make the game more interesting

For stages, I can't think of any new ones, but someone said the Hyrule Castle stage needs to come back. That's a great idea.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity, why does absolutely everyone pick X? I realize a lot of people don't like .EXE and the Battle Network games, but classic Mega is the freaking bomb!! And am I the only one who finds the X series a little distant from the other ones? Bass and Proto are in the original series, as well as Battle Network, but as far as I know, neither appears in X, but we get this random, albeit awesome, new guy named Zero. Weirdness.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
@ SirKibble:

I don't really know. I mean, Megaman and Megaman X are really not much different characters, once you look at the big picture. But they are none the less, don't get me wrong.

This is just a guess: because X looks a little more retro, or updated or cooler or whatever, and his games are more recent, people find him generally more appealing... again, this is just a personal opinion.

The Original Megaman would be good too, though.

Oh! And another thing: X has two more characters that could fit in SSB (not that this is what we're talking about, really) Zero and Sigma. In the original Megaman there wasn't a ton of side-story action heroes other than Rock himself.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Oh! And another thing: X has two more characters that could fit in SSB (not that this is what we're talking about, really) Zero and Sigma. In the original Megaman there wasn't a ton of side-story action heroes other than Rock himself.
Actually, the two I mentioned, Protoman and Bass, both had intricate backstories, and are developed more than enough to function well as their own playable character.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
any inclusion of baby mario, baby peach, baby toad, etc. would just ruin the series. toon/young link should be the closest it ever gets to that.

also different suits this time, not just different colors, they do it with pikachu, jigglypuff, and wario, why not with everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom