• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I think thats exactly what sakurai did. Synonyms for public fight from Thesaurus.com:
alarm, altercation, assail, attack, battle, brawl, broil, chafe, clash, combat, commotion, conflict, contest, dispute, donnybrook, feud, fracas, frazzle, frighten, melee, panic, ravel, riot, rumpus, scuffle, shred, skirmish, spat, strain, tumult, unravel

I lol'd
I think we all know what's next.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Since we're on the subject of changing movesets, I'll put mine for Ness and Lucas. Despite the moves being so incredibly useful, they don't learn any of the PSI in the game except Flash and other moves. Here's my idea on how they could work along with two movesets for one other character I'd like in:

Ness:

B: PK Flash
Same as before, but it should explode when time is up.

Side B: PK Hypnosis
Ness shoots an invisible beam from his fingers and it goes straight in his direction. Anyone hit will fall asleep. This move does not work on opponents in the air as this is too broken.

Down B: PK Paralysis
Works exactly like Zamus' Down Smash A

Up B: PK Teleport
Ness opens a worm hole underneath and disappears. Then, a worm hole opens facing the direction chosen by the player and Ness flies out of it. Anyone hit by Ness while he flies out will suffer an attack like PK Thunder 2.

Final Smash: PK Rockin' Omega
Ness makes a guitar out of PSI and starts playing either Pollyanna, Bein' Friends, Pokey Means Business, or the Hippie Battle Theme (which one doesn't matter, it's an easter egg). While playing, various shapes fly out of the guitar and hit anyone close enough.

Lucas:

B: PK Love
Shoots the attack like he does PK Fire and has the same knockback.

Side B: Salt Water Gun
Takes out a water gun that is automatically charged and shoots it for knockback and some damage. Note, the gun recharges on its own over time.

Down B: PK Counter
Lucas casts a shield upon himself and waits for an attack. Once attacked, Lucas will swing his stick and attack. If attacked with a projectile, Lucas will swing it back.

Up B: Hinawa's Pigeons
Lucas' mother brings pigeons to help him from the afterlife. These pigeons will pick Lucas up and Lucas can move side to side while rising.

Final Smash: PK Love Omega
Lucas creates a giant ball of PK Love and tosses it out in front of him. The attack can go through any stage and inflicts enough damage to kill.

Kumatora:

B: PK Freeze
Tosses a snowball size ball of PSI and tosses it at the opponent. The opponent will be frozen, but not thrown in the air.

Side B: PK Fire
Like Lucas', but is weaker and a little more spammable.

Down B: PK Ground
Punches the ground an stalagmites rise up in front of and behind of her. If the attack is in the air, the stalagmites will go higher relative to how high she is falling from.

Up B: PK Thunder
Like Ness', but can go through people two times before disappearing.

Final Smash: PK Starstorm
Instead of falling straight down, they fall down at a 45 degree angle.

This has the movesets more faithful to the original games instead of deviating. I'd have one for Claus, but I forgot what I gave him.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I like that movesets, though PK Ground sounds a bit broken, and her PK Fire should be like Ness'.
Well, PK Ground would have a limit in terms of how high the stalagmites go and there is no increase in power. I guess the PK Fire could be like Ness'. It's amazing how I came up with decent movesets for all three characters while keeping them distinct and being faithful and in a matter of minutes.

Claus' moveset would require some creativity though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Final Smash: PK Love Omega
Lucas creates a giant ball of PK Love and tosses it out in front of him. The attack can go through any stage and inflicts enough damage to kill.
Pretty ironic, don't ya think?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Well, PK Ground would have a limit in terms of how high the stalagmites go and there is no increase in power. I guess the PK Fire could be like Ness'. It's amazing how I came up with decent movesets for all three characters while keeping them distinct and being faithful and in a matter of minutes.

Claus' moveset would require some creativity though.
Yeah, I really liked those movesets.

Claus could maybe use his robotic wings for his Up-B somehow, and his gun for his B move. PK Thunder could also be implemented somehow.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
While I personally am not too fond of a Mario vs. Sonic game, I do enjoy, however, the idea of a Smash Bros spin-off. Personally, I would love to see the following:
  • Super Smash Bros. Racing, and...
  • Super Smash Bros: The Legend of Zelda
Super Smash Bros. Racing would not at all be a Mario Kart clone. Think of it as if you took the characters from Smash Bros, warped their movesets to apply to racing, and saddled them up in whatever vehicles would work for each. Rather than depending on items and powerups like in Mario Kart, you would basically be fighting the entire time while racing. Mario could shoot his fireballs, pull out the F.L.U.D.D., which would be attached to his kart, Kirby, while riding on his warpstar, could suck in others, and spit them out, also copying their special, Link, while riding Epona, could attack with his sword, bow, bombs, and gale boomerang, etc, etc. Of course, items would be implemented, but as pick-ups by smashing crates and barrels, etc, on the road.

A Super Smash Bros: Zelda edition would pleasel my weasel like no other. Strictly Zelda characters, all stages are based off of areas from the Zelda games, all items straight out of the Zelda games, everything. Even the story mode could be canonical, or just a big mash-up.

You win the thread. The racing idea is gr8. We need a samus vehicle that fires blasts and is her gunship on wheels. all chars from mario kart would hav there regular car's just souped up, it could be like battle bots or somehing in an arena. my only problen would be who/what some chars would ride, like ike, marth,lucario, pika, and i don't think MK could use the halberd so what would he use?

Zelda would be sweet 2.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, I really liked those movesets.

Claus could maybe use his robotic wings for his Up-B somehow, and his gun for his B move. PK Thunder could also be implemented somehow.
Actually, now I remember what had in mind thanks to you.

B: PK Love
Shoots PK Love from his gun. It can be charged like Zamus' paralyzer.

Side B: Lightning Strike (It's never said to be PK Thunder if I recall.)
Strikes the opponent with his sword and then a second time with a simultaneous lightning strike. Has moderate knockback.

Up B: Jetpack
Opens up his mecha wings for a recovery like Snake's.

Down B:
I can't remember.

Final Smash: Lightning Storm
Faces the screen and swings his storm to cast a lightning storm that lasts for ten second. Each bolt brings about the same damage as Pikachu's lightning bolts.

Pretty ironic, don't ya think?
Well, it is an offensive attack in the original game.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
i think that there should be alt trophies of every characters genitalia in the next game. like there's be a bowser trophy and then a "bowser's genitals" trophy. if this were the case, i'd really kill for a richard simmons character, his alt trphy would be the best!

Spire

III
BRoomer
i think that there should be alt trophies of every characters genitalia in the next game. like there's be a bowser trophy and then a "bowser's genitals" trophy. if this were the case, i'd really kill for a richard simmons character, his alt trphy would be the best!
Can we vote for a permaban?

cisco_dawg

Smash Rookie
this is what they do

what needs to happen in SSB4 is that the game be based more around the characters and not the items. what i mean is that a level one can KO you if he gets a dragoon or something. And plus, the level nines need to be made more difficult, i'm sure almost everyone who has made a post in this thread can beat level nines. also i hope they change the characters so that they aren't so CHEAP! playing as pit requires no skill! neither does playing as captain falcon! the characters need to be more balanced so that they aren't so cheap! i would also like for the characters to have different fighting styles, so that you can't just switch character to character, you actually have to try to get good with one of them.

thats all i ask for

Spire

III
BRoomer
what needs to happen in SSB4 is that the game be based more around the characters and not the items. what i mean is that a level one can KO you if he gets a dragoon or something. And plus, the level nines need to be made more difficult, i'm sure almost everyone who has made a post in this thread can beat level nines. also i hope they change the characters so that they aren't so CHEAP! playing as pit requires no skill! neither does playing as captain falcon! the characters need to be more balanced so that they aren't so cheap! i would also like for the characters to have different fighting styles, so that you can't just switch character to character, you actually have to try to get good with one of them.

thats all i ask for
If Mario and Link's fighting styles are similar, then what is it you're actually pinpointing? Because there's so much more to every single move/action that everyone has, despite the fact that every character has the same coordinate moves.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.

thats all i ask for
1. Item switch? The game heavily revolves around the characters. Numberous (and useless) threads have been made in reguards to the representation of Animal Crossing, being that there was no character. The series recieved a stage, an item, an assist trophy, lots of trophies, and a unique function on it's stage. It recieved a great representation.

2. There are no cheap characters, though there may be overpowering chars (Snake). Upon removing of a handful of advanced techniques, Brawl has promoted camping as a lead strategy towards winning. Fun? No, but useful? Yes. There are still ways to counter camping, though it has become more difficult to approach camping, especially weapon spamming (since powershielding has become practically useless).

3. Captain Falcon? Cheap? Say it ain't so! One, Captain Falcon is not in Brawl. Two, he was handed a huge, nerf from Melee. Third, as discussed in number 2, there are no cheap characters in Brawl. Fourth, tiers will always exist.

4. Please explain the last sentance, it is to vague.

Super Smash Bros. Clash peeze. =^ω^=

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
QFT

10genitalz

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Bowser jr. B moves i made up just now:

B: Paintball- fires a goop paintball in front of him the hit causes 6% then an additional 4% after the impact. The goop is sorta like poison

B>: Goop Pirhanna- launches a goop pirhanna from sms which acts like pikmin toss. It can do up to 15% damage if the one its attacked to does nothing. Up to 3 pirhannas can be thrown at the same time.

BV: Goop slick-Jr. paints the ground with goop making the ground like ice (far less traction) for everyone but him. Also does 2% every second you stand on it. But it only lasts 5 seconds

B^: Ladder- Jr. paints himself a ladder that dissapears once he reaces the top i dont know how tall it should be though....too tall and it would be broken......mabye the height of two bowsers stacked on top of each other. Oh and you can jump from the ladder at any time but cant use ^B again till you hit the ground.

FS: Paint Barrage- Jr. leaps to the top of the screen and waves his brush around. When he returns to the stage it is covered in goop and there are a couple of pirhanna's on the stage as well

Home Stage: Pirhanna park
- you go through the park riding the various rides and watch as mario battles the giant mecha-bowser in the background

Another moveset: Petey Pirhanna

B: Chomp-same as wario

B>: goop spit- spews goop in front of him

BV: Ground Pound- as seen in sms he flutters up slowly the drops to the ground

B^: Flutter: Like Pit's but with less time and less control

FS: Goop wave- spews a huge wave of goop (about his height) carrying anyone in the way off the stage. The goop disapears at the end of the stage but it weighs down anyone who is covered in it, making it harder to recover for a short time.

Home stage: Bianco hills
-a moving stage
-brought from the start of the level in sms through the little village and up the hill to the windmill where you most jump up to the top. You then fight for a while on top of the windmill untill it breaks and you fall into where you fight petey in sms.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
that would be cool
You're the only other person I've seen that is open to that. I wouldn't mind seeing him as well. I say he's deserving since he was also one of the console rivals (to an extent) for Nintendo.

I say that he and Megaman are the most deserving in terms of third party characters (I consider Geno 2 1/2 party).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
C.Olimar788 said:
And when did Microsoft and Nintendo ever directly work together?
They haven't ever developed a game or anything together, but Microsoft has published games on the DS.

Y'know, I'll just say this: Master Chief won't be in SSB4. I was just being a bit nit-picky with this whole thing, so let's just let bygones be bygones, a'ight?

It'd work, it'd just be a bit awkward, like when Spear Pillar turns upside-down. It would be a pain to kill opponents on, though.
A stage with only vertical KOs would be awesome, as would a stage with no platforms, and everyone just falls. But before I get into that, let me say this about that...

It's confusing enough having Palkia switch your controls like that. So imagine having that happen every time you move around the level--it would be even more off-putting. So I'm still not convinced.

Now then, the falling level. Every character just falls. I don't know what the actual setting would be or what--maybe the first Ridley fight in Metroid Prime 3, where you're falling down the looooong shaft? Anyway, you could jump any number of times to go "up", fastfall to descend, and you'd never be helpless, but there'd be an invisible charge-up time for recovery moves and the like.

Patinator said:
So it'd be like Smash 64? XD
Almost. We'd keep the air dodge and the fourth special, as well as the grab attack, but other than that...yeah, it'd be more along those lines.

KumaOso said:
Peach: Anger
Yells in anger while she is immersed in a large flame. She can then fight as normal but with fire around her like an all around curry effect. Pressing B has her do a ground pound that creates a shock wave that will put people in the ground.

Toon Link: Finishing Blow
See Wind Waker ending. Character is knocked off the stage instantly.

Diddy Kong: Guitar
Plays the guitar then a giant star emits from the guitar expanding across the stage.

Captain Falcon: FARUKON PAUUUUUUUUUNCH!
Essentially a super version of the original. One character is randomly targeted by the attack and dies by the attack. At the same time as the attack, an explosion the size of a smart bomb's is made.

Falco: Arwing
Shouts, "Personally, I prefer the air." and jumps into an arwing. It can remain stationary or fly around, flip, barrel roll, or shoot lasers.
As much as I hated Super Princess Peach, I think I prefer that idea to Peach Blossom. Game-Inspired Attack > Pun.

Marth already has dibs on the "insta-KO" move in the game. Besides, how would T.Link activate this? What I mean by that is, when you pressed B, would he shoot out a little triforce beam like he already does, or would it be more Ike/C.Falcon-esque, or...what?

I hate every Donkey Kong Country after the first one, which, coincidentally, are the ones wherein Diddy uses that stupid guitar, so...yeah, I (very personally) don't think so. But then, if I had my way, Diddy wouldn't even be in Brawl, so you can see how disgustingly biased I am when it comes to the monkey.

C. Falcon needs a different FS, at least. One that doesn't interrupt the match completely. But I think he should keep his Blue Falcon for it. Also, this is another insta-KO, which is pushing it in terms of fairness for Smash Bros. anyway, just with the two methods already existing (Dragoon and Critical Hit). When C.Falcon activates his new FS, a horizontal "flight path" should appear across the stage, which you have three seconds to move up and down (as a robot-tv-thing counts down 3, 2, 1, GO!), after which, C. Falcon drives across the stage, following the line you set, and anyone hit takes alot of damage and gets knocked horizontally forward, a la Sheik's Light Arrow, only not nearly as powerful, since you can actually aim this one.

The Arwing's a given. It might be a bit awkward to control it in real-time like a Landmaster though...so maybe it'd be a one-time attack or something (somehow)...

gantrain05 said:
i think we all prefer anybody over that queer *** fairy elf thing that calls himself tingle
Not I,, sir. My hat is firmly thrown in with the Tingle supporters here, for all the same reasons they've been imparting over the past few pages.

ducky285 said:
Here's a really silly and only half-serious idea

A Smash spinoff with Mario characters against Sonic characters
As previously mentioned by myself, I'll blow up the internet if Sonic Team's crimes against man are ever put in a legitimately crafted game with Nintendo characters, as suggested here. Olympic Games was a total sh*tfest by someone other than Nintendo, so I don't really give two shakes about that...but if Smash Bros., or any game like it (which I would hence love to play) includes any Sonic characters beyond Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Robotnik, and possibly Metal Sonic...the internet will explode.

Spire III said:
Super Smash Bros. Racing, and...
Super Smash Bros: The Legend of Zelda
Heh, I actually used to doodle things about a Smash Bros. Racing game back when Smash 64 had come out and after I'd played it for a while.

The idea would work, and I'd totally buy it, just as long as it was still on (multiple) 2D planes, a la Excitebike. And it should work like Excite Truck, in that whoever has the most points wins, so getting first place alone won't cinch the victory (though it will give you a big point boost). You'd get points for KO'ing characters, staying in the lead, and activating stage events and the like, and lose them for being KO'd, taking damage, and being in last place.

---

Finally, globiumz mentioned a page or two back that Samus needs a different moveset, one that reflects her actual in-game actions more (she never actually whacks anything with her arm cannon, as far as I can tell). First, I'll note that in her games, Samus isn't fighting plumbers, mice, and space-furries--she's fighting genetically altered mutants, giant aliens, and armored space pirates, not to mention the bio-feeding scourge of the galaxy, Metroids. So perhaps a good ol' thunk on the head with a arm-mounted beatstick isn't the best idea in her case.

But the moveset itself that globiumz posted is really cool, and really quite fitting...just not for Samus. This is almost exactly how I imagine Megaman working out--all his A attacks are normal shots aimed in different directions, with sliding mixed in as well, and his specials are all moves copied from various robot masters.

Phew. Okay, that's it. I'm done.:chuckle:

EDIT - Okay not really. A chief's work is never done, apparently...

KumaOso said:
You're the only other person I've seen that is open to that. I wouldn't mind seeing him as well. I say he's deserving since he was also one of the console rivals (to an extent) for Nintendo.
Crash may be deserving (though I'd beg to differ), but like Sonic before him, his reputation has taken a large turn for the worse recently, and unlike Sonic, he doesn't have an army of hypnotized 13 year olds to buy his games in lieu of actual quality compelling rational consumers to do so.

Everyone forgets Simon. *sigh*

deeds1

Smash Rookie
Are they even gonna make a another smash bros game? And if so, they would probably wait for the next game system. Why? Because they made every game on a different system.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Are they even gonna make a another smash bros game? And if so, they would probably wait for the next game system. Why? Because they made every game on a different system.
They will. Nintendo, in case you haven't heard, loves money. But yes, it will most likely be on the Wii2, or whatever.

SHAMELESS PLUG! - Go back a page and read my last post--I replied to many different things, but unluckily, the page bumped right afterwards.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As much as I hated Super Princess Peach, I think I prefer that idea to Peach Blossom. Game-Inspired Attack > Pun.
Especially when the attack is pretty funny.

Marth already has dibs on the "insta-KO" move in the game. Besides, how would T.Link activate this? What I mean by that is, when you pressed B, would he shoot out a little triforce beam like he already does, or would it be more Ike/C.Falcon-esque, or...what?
What's wrong exactly with a OHK move? If it can kill only one person per FS, I say it's balanced enough.

He would strike the opponent in front of him, parry around, and then stab them in the head killing them instantly.
I hate every Donkey Kong Country after the first one, which, coincidentally, are the ones wherein Diddy uses that stupid guitar, so...yeah, I (very personally) don't think so. But then, if I had my way, Diddy wouldn't even be in Brawl, so you can see how disgustingly biased I am when it comes to the monkey.
What do you got against chimps?
C. Falcon needs a different FS, at least. One that doesn't interrupt the match completely. But I think he should keep his Blue Falcon for it. Also, this is another insta-KO, which is pushing it in terms of fairness for Smash Bros. anyway, just with the two methods already existing (Dragoon and Critical Hit). When C.Falcon activates his new FS, a horizontal "flight path" should appear across the stage, which you have three seconds to move up and down (as a robot-tv-thing counts down 3, 2, 1, GO!), after which, C. Falcon drives across the stage, following the line you set, and anyone hit takes alot of damage and gets knocked horizontally forward, a la Sheik's Light Arrow, only not nearly as powerful, since you can actually aim this one.
Again, if the OHK move only attacks one person, I think it's more balanced. I like the idea of using the Blue Falcon differently though.

The Arwing's a given. It might be a bit awkward to control it in real-time like a Landmaster though...so maybe it'd be a one-time attack or something (somehow)...
Think of it like a slower Super Sonic that can shoot lasers and stuff.

Crash may be deserving (though I'd beg to differ), but like Sonic before him, his reputation has taken a large turn for the worse recently, and unlike Sonic, he doesn't have an army of hypnotized 13 year olds to buy his games in lieu of actual quality compelling rational consumers to do so.
Crash has furries and old fans, lol.
Everyone forgets Simon. *sigh*
I didn't forget him. I just don't have much interest in him.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
What's wrong exactly with a OHK move? If it can kill only one person per FS, I say it's balanced enough.

He would strike the opponent in front of him, parry around, and then stab them in the head killing them instantly.
Marth's OHK is balanced by the fact that in the air, or on certain stages, he can kill himself. Also, it's pretty easy to dodge, since the game gives everyone about two seconds (as he lifts his sword and the camera zooms in) to just jump above it.

But the way you describe it, there's no real risk for Toon Link, and there doesn't seem to be any lag before the attack goes off, either. Plus, if the opponent gets headstabb'd...well, I mean, where's the knockback coming from?

Though I gotta' say, it would look awesome against a mini opponent.

What do you got against chimps?
Don't get me started. Just, for the sake of fairness, disregard anything I have to say concerning Diddy Kong.

Again, if the OHK move only attacks one person, I think it's more balanced. I like the idea of using the Blue Falcon differently though.
So you're saying this giant, exploding Falcon Punch would only hit one person, regardless of others' proximity? That would make it fair, I'll admit, but then isn't it weird that Ike can hit three people with his similarly-working FS (and kill all three, most of the time)?

Lots of FSs are lethal already, if they hit. It's not fun to face a character who can, in one blow, kill you, no matter what. The less of them, the better. Personally I think one is almost too many.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Marth's OHK is balanced by the fact that in the air, or on certain stages, he can kill himself.
You can press B to stop Marth from dashing if you miss.

Also, it's pretty easy to dodge, since the game gives everyone about two seconds (as he lifts his sword and the camera zooms in) to just jump above it.
Time freezes when he does it, though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Think of it like a slower Super Sonic that can shoot lasers and stuff.
Why has no one else considered the idea that the Arwing could play like Snake's FS? The Arwing comes down to the stage, Falco hops in it, flies upwards, and then we're taken into the interior of the Arwing cockpit where Falco unleashes lasers on his opponents. They aren't too powerful, but fire rapidly.

The other players can see themselves on the stage through the cockpit windshield, but the lower half of the stage is slightly blocked by the interior of the Arwing cockpit so that can be a hazard to those being shot at, but an extra advantage to the Falco player.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
i hope that they put more sonic people in brawl . i want to play a shadow.
and get ride of jiggalpuff. and i want to see paper mario. make dr.mario a costume for mario.
i would like to see king k rule, roy, mewtwo, dixic kong, and it would noot hurt to give smaus another charter and better levels. the suck in brawl:dizzy:

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
1. Not possible.
2. I think Sonic and Snake are ok, but third parties are taking the "Nintendo" out of this game.
Bungie is 3rd party. If they made a game for Nintendo, Master Chief could be in Brawl. Granted, we'd need a Halo game first... Wish Halo DS came out. ;~;

**** Master Chief.
Nothing is wrong with him. Why are so many people against his inclusion in Smash Bros? He's a ****ing icon, a huge icon. He deserves to fight amongst Mario, Sonic, Link, Snake... just as much as Simon Belmont or Megaman do.

Super Smash Bros. Catfight

It's going to be a spin off including only females in scandalous bikinis who only have scratch/slap/hair pull attacks.
I'd buy it lol...

With Cloud, Kratos, Dante, Marcus Fenix, Goku, Naruto, Inuyasha and Chuck Norris right?
Wow, way to be a predictable narrowminded Smash fanboy.
There are plenty of reasons why all of those characters would never be in Smash, unlike Master Chief. Save Kratos since he was on a Nintendo console.

Still, not as iconic or as cool as Master Chief.

Master Chief's B moves would be:

UpB: Grav Lift - Works kinda like Sonic. Drops below him if you UpB in the air, and lets you hover.

SideB: Sword Lunge - At mid-range Master Chief'll lunge at the opponent with a strong Sword slash. As close range, a weak slash.

B: Plasma Pistol - At full charge it breaks shields, and has slight homing.

DownB: Shield drain - Master Chief underhands the Shield drain at yr opponent's feet. If the opponent puts his shield up it will drain rapidly until it breaks.

He's got potential. :"|

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Changes that should be made to Final Smashes:

Peach -- Something else. I don't know what, but hers right now is borderline useless against anyone who knows what they're doing.

Ice Climbers -- Keep theirs the same, but for goodness' sake, let them be able to climb the bloody thing by walking up it.

Toon Link -- Ballad of Gales -- TL summons a cyclone that catches everyone near it. It's tall vertically, but doesn't have a great horizontal range. Anyone caught is held and damaged until the cyclone ends, upon which it throws everyone out with high knockback. TL is free to move from a few seconds after summoning the cyclone, and all characters move at normal speed during the entire duration of the FS.

Falco -- Arwing -- This idea has been thoroughly discussed, so I don't really need to go into it much more. A lot of ideas could work for this.

Wolf -- Wolfen? -- In any case, something needs to be done about the surplus of Landmasters.

Jigglypuff -- Hyper Voice -- Similar to DK's, but shoots out only five waves quickly in rapid succession. With precise timing, they can be air dodged. The waves extend as far as DK's when his is performed perfectly, and have a higher knockback.

Mario -- Keep it like it is, but please, less startup lag. My goodness...

Snake -- The same, but it shouldn't last so long.

Sonic -- Same as Snake's.

Ness/Lucas -- Enough suggestions have been made for changes to these two. I don't know my Earthbound enough to offer input, but they need to have different Final Smashes.

That's all I can think of right away... I may add more later, as I think of them.

Krug

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm thinking Crash can get in, as he's appeared on at least one Nintendo Console, and used to be Sony's "Mario", back in the good ol' days.

B Forward- Tornado Spin- From Numerous Games- Basically, Crash does a continuous spin rather than a quick one, I want it to have charge up, but I can't think of how to implement it, so as of now, just keep pressing B. Like Fox, Falco and Wolf's B Forward, but slower. Good horizontal recovery.

Up B- Super Jump *Can't remember actual name*- from N. Tranced- A lot like King Dedede's, Jumps really high, almost an instant recovery, but is nothing without momentum.

B- Bazooka- From various games, namely Crash Bandicoot:Warped- Very powerful, and shares some qualities with Snake's guided missle. Crash has to stand still while using it, and it has the power of the missle. However, Crash cannot guide it, instead, he uses a Crosshair, to guide when the shot goes.

B Down- Super Body Slam- Crash Bandicoot Warped- Ground Pounder, it does what you think it does.

Final Smash- Jet Pack- Crash Jumps in his Jet Pack outfit from Crash Bandicoot 2, it functions like Diddy Kong's does, but Crash uses his Bazooka and Rate of Fire isn't the same as Diddy when he uses his final smash. However the Bazooka Shot are much more powerful then the Peanut Popgun.

Gah, I'm crap at making movesets, all these moves are too similar to some already created move...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You can press B to stop Marth from dashing if you miss.

Time freezes when he does it, though.
Wow. I learn something new every day. :laugh:

Still, nobody tells you that, and he does go pretty fast, so...I think my point's maybe half-broken. As for the time stop thing...I'm not so sure. My brother and I have experimented with this alot, and I'm pretty sure that if there is a time freeze, it's negligible against a player who's fought Marth more than twice.

So maybe Marth's isn't as bunked as I made it out to be...but it's still a quirky attack, no?

Spire III said:
Why has no one else considered the idea that the Arwing could play like Snake's FS? The Arwing comes down to the stage, Falco hops in it, flies upwards, and then we're taken into the interior of the Arwing cockpit where Falco unleashes lasers on his opponents. They aren't too powerful, but fire rapidly.

The other players can see themselves on the stage through the cockpit windshield, but the lower half of the stage is slightly blocked by the interior of the Arwing cockpit so that can be a hazard to those being shot at, but an extra advantage to the Falco player.
Cat Fight said:
There are plenty of reasons why all of those characters would never be in Smash, unlike Master Chief. Save Kratos since he was on a Nintendo console.

UpB: Grav Lift - Works kinda like Sonic. Drops below him if you UpB in the air, and lets you hover.

SideB: Sword Lunge - At mid-range Master Chief'll lunge at the opponent with a strong Sword slash. As close range, a weak slash.

DownB: Shield drain - Master Chief underhands the Shield drain at yr opponent's feet. If the opponent puts his shield up it will drain rapidly until it breaks.

First, I'm pretty sure he meant Kratos (Kr "ay" tos, not Kr "ah" tos) from God of War, not the one from Tales of Symphonia. Who, let me add right now, has absolutely no chance of being in SSB4, unlike Master Chief (infinitely slim as his chances may be), since if Ninty was sketchy on letting Snake use guns with bullets (Oh the humanity!), they're certainly not going to let the guy who's most famous for such things as...well, if you can watch the trailer for the second game, then still say he'd be an okay pick, something's wrong with you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlAsmgjiwUA&feature=related

Plus, Sony's waaay more out of reach than Microsoft is, having shown no support for Nintendo, ever. M$, especially in this generation,has a habit of complimenting Nintendo, and saying how cool the Wii is.

Anyway, I like the moveset, and I, for one, would love to see MC in the game, even if it won't happen.

---

And SirKibble.

Peach - It should be changed, but I don't think it's useless. You can almost always get a fully-charged Smash Attack on your opponent, regardless of damage, if you go right for them.

Ice Climbers - Yeah, that's about it.

Toon Link - I really, really like this idea. Personally, I'm hoping the next console Zelda is more along the lines of The Windwaker, so mayhaps we'll have a new set of Links by then, but if we're stuck with Windwaker Link again, this is perfect.

Jigglypuff - Rather, the waves should go all the way across the stage, though less damage and knockback is dealt the farther away the enemy is (across Eldin Bridge = like, 2% and a slight flinch, but pointblank = 60% and Light Arrow-level knockback). And yeah, you could ground-dodge them, just like Tabuu's Ring's O' Death.

The only other thing I'd change on those listed is to reduce Super Sonic's turning speed. The damage is fine as is, and yeah, the time limit should be reduced, but he shouldn't be more mobile than he is normally--it makes Pikachu look like a total loser, among other things.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
A quick idea for grabs and throws...

forward and back throws = good knockback, made for KOing or getting opponents off the edge

up and down throws = set knockback (or very LOW knockback) throw that sends the opponent upward with high hitstun, allowing for air-comboing. The angle is straight vertical for up-throw and slightly angled forward for down-throw.

This provides more utility for throws while attempting to eliminate easy chaingrabs and infinites (though the ICs would need some heavy reprogramming to prevent it entirely). Of course, throws can be altered specifically for each character but I think this is a good template for throwing.

Also thinking of using B for a power throw, but that would be in line with my super meter idea that has proven to be somewhat unpopular and I don't blame anyone for that.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
no one talked about my movesets.......:(
You mean for Bowser Jr.? It's a fine 'set, but I don't support the guy, that's all.

The only other Mario character that I think is really worth putting in is Waluigi, but that's only if The Powers That Be absolutely insist on adding another Mario character. Personally I think there're enough already--give me more F-ZERO, Fire Emblem, Mother, Metroid, Retro, and (here's hoping) Advance Wars fighters.

ducky285: The only thing they need to do to stop chain-grabbing is make it impossible to grab an airborne enemy unless you yourself are in the air as well (which implies the addition of air grabs).

If the dev team decides to use a "template", then most characters will end up with similar grabs, which is silly.

SonicOfDarkness

Smash Apprentice
suffern new york yo no items no ****y stages i
ok folks i got a better idea for new people to show up in smash 4 mainly SEGA.
1.Michael Jackson-Moonwalker why bez the Moonwalker game itself not michael jackson in person i'll explane others reasons why.

2.NIGHTS - why bez next to sonic hes the most well known character from sonic team

3.Vectorman-why we need some like him to come back and besides some of you guys want megaman so why not him

4.Primal Rage- any one from there plz. we need more non human people in this game-dinosaurs

5.Ristar-why bez hes one of the last sega Genesis games to be made so there you have you have it people.
oh and p.s. cut the carp about saying anythig about michael jackson's personal life bez it has noting to do with MoonWalker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
ok folks i got a better idea for new people to show up in smash 4 mainly SEGA.
1.Michael Jackson-Moonwalker why bez the Moonwalker game itself not michael jackson in person i'll explane others reasons why.

2.NIGHTS - why bez next to sonic hes the most well known character from sonic team

3.Vectorman-why we need some like him to come back and besides some of you guys want megaman so why not him

4.Primal Rage- any one from there plz. we need more non human people in this game-dinosaurs

5.Ristar-why bez hes one of the last sega Genesis games to be made so there you have you have it people.
oh and p.s. cut the carp about saying anythig about michael jackson's personal life bez it has noting to do with MoonWalker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm...really not sure you're serious about any of this, but...

1. Moonwalker sucked.

2. Journey of Dreams was a disappointment, but it's not out of the question.

3. These games were quite fun, but Vectorman hasn't had a new game since the Genesis days, and he has yet to appear on the VC, so he's never been on a Nintendo console, either.

4. Oh, so you weren't serious after all!

5. See Vectorman. :dizzy:

EDIT - Just for the heck of it, here are five SEGA characters I wouldn't mind seeing in a Smash Bros. game.

1. Beat (Jet Grind Radio)

I really want a character on roller blades, and having JGR music in Smash would send me straight to paradise.

2. Ulala (Space Channel 5)

The only game Michael Jackson was any god in. Also, next to the Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan, she's the best candidate for a CUHRAZEE dance-based moveset.

3. Joe Musashi (Shinobi)

Best ninja ever, and star of the Genesis Shinobi games. He'd be fast, his Final Smash would damage him, and the rest of his moveset would be heavily based on throwing stars.

4. Gunstar Red & Gunstar Blue (Gunstar Heroes)

They'd play like the Ice Climbers, only cooler. If any of you have not downloaded Gunstar Heroes on Virtual Console, do it. NOW.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
And SirKibble.

Peach - It should be changed, but I don't think it's useless. You can almost always get a fully-charged Smash Attack on your opponent, regardless of damage, if you go right for them.

Ice Climbers - Yeah, that's about it.

Toon Link - I really, really like this idea. Personally, I'm hoping the next console Zelda is more along the lines of The Windwaker, so mayhaps we'll have a new set of Links by then, but if we're stuck with Windwaker Link again, this is perfect.

Jigglypuff - Rather, the waves should go all the way across the stage, though less damage and knockback is dealt the farther away the enemy is (across Eldin Bridge = like, 2% and a slight flinch, but pointblank = 60% and Light Arrow-level knockback). And yeah, you could ground-dodge them, just like Tabuu's Ring's O' Death.

The only other thing I'd change on those listed is to reduce Super Sonic's turning speed. The damage is fine as is, and yeah, the time limit should be reduced, but he shouldn't be more mobile than he is normally--it makes Pikachu look like a total loser, among other things.
Peach -- Well... Maybe I just suck at using it, but most people I play against can avoid it completely by just getting airborn long enough. Then it actually benefits them because of all the peaches. Perhaps it should affect people near Peach in the air somehow... Or she could just get a completely new FS.

ICs -- Yeah, that's all I felt needed to be changed. I just hate how a lot of the time, you have to Belay Popo over, Nana's left on the other side, and Popo's totally vulnerable as he falls to the ground on the other side.

Toon Link -- Glad you like my idea. :)

Jigglypuff -- I like that. Come to think of it, it would work a lot better that way.

Sonic -- You're probably right about that.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord

Um i was being sarcastic:) Anyway, i like the moveset, but the chances of a halo game on a nintendo system are slim..

trev94

Smash Journeyman
the onlyy mario charter thats should be in the next game is paper mario or bower jr. one of the would replace dr mario. they should wiauigi in wario ware game's. then he could be in ssb4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom