• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
They had a 64 one, why not DS? DS has better hardware, amirite?

touch screen would probably used for FS, but hopefully nothing else, or it would kinda suck
a DS version would be cool, but it'd have less options, worse graphics, and probably around 20-25 characters
the touch screen could display info like damage percent, timer, etc.
but having touch controls would be tough, unless itw a sjust to navigate menus
trying to touch the screen at the right time and spot during an intense match... not so good

SirKibble

Smash Champion
They need to make Final Smashes not kill teammates when Friendly Fire is OFF, for those that can. (Meta Knight, Jigglypuff...)

All I know is, even if my team wins, it shouldn't be so easy to end up with 8 KOs in a 2v2, 3 stock match.

Puddin

Smash Lord
If they could just hand the developing rights over to Blizzard...
Why in the name of all that is holy would they do that?

First of all they need to remove Mii channel music from Brawl completely that ruins everything XD
Less clones plzkthx? and no more tripping, which is the reason it was delayed to March 9th lol maybe some more non-Nintendo characters, but no Master Chief. Maybe some Old Man Snake action? and wouldn't it be fun to play as Dewy? or an Elebit? lol

CobraWolf

Smash Rookie
Why in the name of all that is holy would they do that?
Because Blizzard IS the best competitive gaming developer. They created the best RTS's of all time and are known for balancing their games as well as humanly possible.

The "pros" who play Starcraft in Korea have high-paying contracts.

Compare that to SSB.

shinsengumi101

Smash Rookie
How about song chosing before a match? Because most competetive Brawling happens on Final Destination. the song list for that stage can get quite dull. Therefor I say that we should be prompted to pick a song for our stage. So you would pick your character, pick your stage, pick your song, and fight!

N1kk1

Smash Rookie

Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Stats (Out of 5)
Power: 3/5 (About Pit's or Pika's Strength)
Speed: 4/5 (Gibbs is actually very fast in the show)
Weight: 4/5 (Heavier than Mario)
Range: 3/5 (Mario's Range for HtH, but has Projectiles)

Moveset:

A: Gibbs throws a punch - 4% (Very little knockback)
A A: Gibbs follows back with his elbow - 4% (very little knockback)
A A A: Gibbs knees the opponent in the gut and sends them flying - 5% (Moderate knockback, similar to Mario's standard Jab Combo)

Ftilt: Gibbs kicks forward (Ganon style, same range, less power, faster) - 11% (Good knockback)
Utilt: If opponent is above Gibbs at the time this attack is executed, it will drag them down and throw them on the floor (similar to Snakes FThrow) - 8% (Same Knockback as Snakes FThrow)
Dtilt: Gibbs kneels and trips the opponents legs with a leg kick (Like Sonics) - 9% (Can chain twice, second hit in succession hits very far with half damage)

Nair: Gibbs pulls out his 9mm and fires multiple shots in a 270 Degree arc. If close enough, each shot can hit an opponent. At longer distances, the shots spread out but deal more damage - 3%, 3%, 3%, 3%, 3%, 3% (Close) - 7% (Far)
Fair: Gibbs does a Scissor Kick - 6% First Hit, 7% Second (No knockback on the first hit, moderate on the second)
Bair: Gibbs does a Captain Falcon-esque Bair with just as good knockback - 9%
Uair: Gibbs fires a single shot straight up, low lag, quick attack, continuous Uairs can be shot rapidly - 10%
Dair: S-S-S-S-SPIKE! Gibbs does a Zelda Spike. Not as difficult to hit with however - 7%

FSmash: Ziva David appears and fires a well placed head shot - 17% (High chance of tripping/knocking over)
USmash: Gibbs does a Fox/Falco back flip - 15%
DSmash: Tony Dinozzo and Tim McGee appear on either side protecting Gibbs and each fire a shot straight ahead - 16% (Olimar DSmash knockback)

Neutral Special: 9mm Shot - 3%
Forward Neutral: Gibbs pulls out a M240 and fires 5 shots, this can be angled up or down - 4%, 3%, 2%, 1%, 1%
Down Special: Gibbs pulls out his Sniper Rifle, The Bravo 51, and aims. B must be held down. Can be angled up or down. Much like Dedede's Down B, the longer the charge, the greater the damage - 14% Uncharged, 17% 2 Second Charge, 22% 5 Second Charge, 30% 10 Second Charge
Up Special: Abby and Ducky appear and help propel Gibbs upwards. - 14% (About Marth's recovery distance)

Grab Attack: Gibbs does Classic Head Slap - 3%
FThrow: Leg sweep and throw down forward - 6%
BThrow: Suplex backwards - 7%
DThrow: Gibbs throws the opponent down and knees them (Think Ike) - 8%
UThrow: Gibbs simply throws them upwards - 6%

There.

AWESOME! I love NCIS!!! Gibbs would seriously be such a sick character. I'd definitely play him if he was in SSB4. You really put a lot of work into it too. Nice idea to add in the show's other characters for certain attacks. The Grab Attack is the best though. I can actually picture Gibbs doing his Head Slap to Marth or Kirby. Great job :)

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME! I love NCIS!!! Gibbs would seriously be such a sick character. I'd definitely play him if he was in SSB4. You really put a lot of work into it too. Nice idea to add in the show's other characters for certain attacks. The Grab Attack is the best though. I can actually picture Gibbs doing his Head Slap to Marth or Kirby. Great job :)
I don't think they would allow small arms in SSB4...

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Because Blizzard IS the best competitive gaming developer. They created the best RTS's of all time and are known for balancing their games as well as humanly possible.

The "pros" who play Starcraft in Korea have high-paying contracts.

Compare that to SSB.
They make RTSes and MMOs. Do they know the first thing about how to build a balanced fighting engine? I'm not saying they don't but they've given no indication that they do.

I'll give you that they do have an interesting and effective means of balancing through patching so there's that. Still, they'd have to prove they can make a fighting game.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Snake much? Large Arms are ok?
Small arms = (I think, I could be wrong) Any firearm that can be held and fired by a single infantryman. Typically those weapons are bullet-based guns from real life like a 9mm or an M16 or AK47. The childish nature of this game would make parents go mad if they saw their child shooting 13 year old Lucas being machine gunned to death by a Snake armed with an M4 assault rifle.

The only 'real life' guns and weapons available in Smash that are ok are explosives (like Snake's RPG-7 and Nikita) because for some reason those are not guns that some child who plays Smash would go get their dad's gun and shoot their classmates and teachers at school because they thought "Wow, I shot Ness with a pistol in a game, that must mean I can do it in real life and that'd be fun!".

So I don't think the guy from TV would make a good idea.

They should at least allow guns that cannot be carried by a single infantryman in a game though, such as a .50 calibur machine gun that is mounted on let's say a car or something from being used. Technically, it is not considered a small arm that a person can buy at a store and supply a young child to use as a murder weapon in school after playing Smash and being negatively influenced.

N1kk1

Smash Rookie
Small arms = (I think, I could be wrong) Any firearm that can be held and fired by a single infantryman. Typically those weapons are bullet-based guns from real life like a 9mm or an M16 or AK47. The childish nature of this game would make parents go mad if they saw their child shooting 13 year old Lucas being machine gunned to death by a Snake armed with an M4 assault rifle.

The only 'real life' guns and weapons available in Smash that are ok are explosives (like Snake's RPG-7 and Nikita) because for some reason those are not guns that some child who plays Smash would go get their dad's gun and shoot their classmates and teachers at school because they thought "Wow, I shot Ness with a pistol in a game, that must mean I can do it in real life and that'd be fun!".

So I don't think the guy from TV would make a good idea.

They should at least allow guns that cannot be carried by a single infantryman in a game though, such as a .50 calibur machine gun that is mounted on let's say a car or something from being used. Technically, it is not considered a small arm that a person can buy at a store and supply a young child to use as a murder weapon in school after playing Smash and being negatively influenced.

I understand what you mean by that. In my opinion, I don't see the point for not allowing weapons in a fighting game. I know they think that kids would get 'ideas' that small arm weapons, etc. are acceptable to use, but I don't think they give kids enough credit. They should know it's wrong to shoot people. Also like you said, apparently Snake's weapons are acceptable when the same could apply to them as small arms.

The main point I'm trying to make is that clearly Gibbs and most (if not all) of the other characters people have made up or suggested for SSB4 are not going to end up in the game. So it's all for fun. There shouldn't be any right or wrong, as long as the ideas for characters have thought and effort put into making up their attacks.

superman969

Smash Journeyman

The main point I'm trying to make is that clearly Gibbs and most (if not all) of the other characters people have made up or suggested for SSB4 are not going to end up in the game. So it's all for fun.
Oh God I hope you don't get killed for that...

The Geno cult's gonna be out to get you...along with Megaman, Bomberman, Cloud....etc.

You should try hiding under a box. Like Snake.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Might I point out that that box is easily removed by pressing the A button. Lol.

You may want to try moving to a far away country, or maybe another planet. Somewhere that's not Zebes, Dream Land, etc.

Really, though, I think some of the suggestions are reasonable and could very well be included. Granted, a lot of these are kind of random, off-the-wall suggestions, but a lot of them actually are plausible. In my opinion, at least.

N1kk1

Smash Rookie
Oh God I hope you don't get killed for that...

The Geno cult's gonna be out to get you...along with Megaman, Bomberman, Cloud....etc.

I think I could take them. It's an opinion. Am I not entitled to one like everyone else?
I play for fun. I have also played in tournaments. I know people who freak out and mope if they suddenly lose one stock when playing. I do respect them though because they play really well and always want to play their best, like basically everyone on this forum. However, I don't wanna end up like those people. I play well, I play for fun, if I get attacked for it by n00bs that think they are Smash Gods, so be it.

P.S. When Snake hides under a box, I just laugh because he looks like a wimp. Again, it's just my opinion. I know people worship him ,so please don't insult me for my opinion of his taunt because I know he is top tier and is a great overall character.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You know, you take these kind of things better than 99.9% of people I've seen receive comments like that. 'Bout time somebody really realized that an opinion is far from an ultimatum.

[Insert clapping smilie. Why don't we have any clapping smilies??]

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

I think I could take them. It's an opinion. Am I not entitled to one like everyone else?
I play for fun. I have also played in tournaments. I know people who freak out and mope if they suddenly lose one stock when playing. I do respect them though because they play really well and always want to play their best, like basically everyone on this forum. However, I don't wanna end up like those people. I play well, I play for fun, if I get attacked for it by n00bs that think they are Smash Gods, so be it.

P.S. When Snake hides under a box, I just laugh because he looks like a wimp. Again, it's just my opinion. I know people worship him ,so please don't insult me for my opinion of his taunt because I know he is top tier and is a great overall character.
Snake's box is top tier.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yep, yep, but that aside, I'd say you're definitely right about that box having a top tier spot.
Snake's Box is s a sekrit character that Sakurai didn't tell anybody about. I have found the first definite counter to Meta Knight!

Mike_Echoes

Smash Journeyman
Think about it. Sakurai DID want to make the box Top Tier

1) It does 2(!!) % for a taunt, that's greater than the previous damaging taunt
2) It breaks the Smash Ball in ONE hit
3) It's one of Snake's Edgeguarding tools, and can hit multiple times if they are right below the stage when you pop off the box
4) Snake's Box LET Lucario see Snake, so that Snake would be seen as an ally. If it weren't for Snake, SubSpace would have won. The Box is clearly an oracle or divine being of some sort
5) It's the **** Box guy!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Think about it. Sakurai DID want to make the box Top Tier

1) It does 2(!!) % for a taunt, that's greater than the previous damaging taunt
2) It breaks the Smash Ball in ONE hit
3) It's one of Snake's Edgeguarding tools, and can hit multiple times if they are right below the stage when you pop off the box
4) Snake's Box LET Lucario see Snake, so that Snake would be seen as an ally. If it weren't for Snake, SubSpace would have won. The Box is clearly an oracle or divine being of some sort
5) It's the **** Box guy!
Genius. We've discovered the hidden 36th character, guys!

superman969

Smash Journeyman
If Chuck Norris got caught under Snake's Box, then he would get lost and cry for his mother.
No, I think I've got it down.

Bruce Banner --> Captain Falcon --> Snake --> Hulk --> Chuck Norris.

This explains why they hardly ever showed Banner turning into the Hulk in the movie. Whenever transformed, you either didn't see it at all or barely saw any part of it. He just never got p*ssed off enough that he had to turn into Chuck Norris.

EDIT: PS, Skyler, every f*cking time I see your sig, I forget and click it

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
We've gotten really off-topic. We need to start discussing SSB4 again.

What should be Snake's Boxes' moveset in SSB4?

globiumz

Smash Apprentice
I hope they don't put in random chars like Geno. Ugh. =/

Edit: Why am I so horrible at grammar?

Edit 2: Fixed even more. I think I have obsessive compulsive.... >_____________<

D

Deleted member

I would like too see characters like Geno to come back on the official SSB4 polls. It would just be so phenominal if he still had as much love as he did on the Brawl polls. Can't say that that will get him in for sure but I would be so impressed how Geno supporters would still be out there. Geno got screwed over as well as some other characters for Brawl and I will admit, I am still a tad butthurt about him not being in it but that is no reason to give up hope for the future. It may seem laughable and impossible but there is always hope.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
What should be Snake's Boxes' moveset in SSB4?
Neutral B: "Box of Awesome" -- The box emits awesomeness. All opponents within 3 Smart Bomb radii receive 100% damage.

Side B: "Why Yes, I Am Top Tier, Fool" -- All opponents with at least 1% damage lose one stock.

Up B: "The Name's Box... Snake's Box..." -- The box returns to the center of the stage, and all opponents becomes paralyzed for the next 30 seconds.

Down B: "Boxness Overwhelming" -- Box becomes invincible for the rest of the game. He can then move around, and anyone he touches receives a blow similar to Marth's Critical Hit.

Final Smash: "All Your Stock Are Belong to Box" -- Box takes 5 stock from each of his opponents, and adds them to his own stock.

PS: These stock-based moves always work, because the first thing Box does when you unlock him (which is nearly impossible) is to destroy the Time and Coin options.

Espio64

Smash Rookie
New Stage Ideas:
Paper Mario - Some generic location, but each character is transformed into a paper version of themselves.
Beach - Pokemon Snap - Doduo, Scyther and Kangaskan appear as hazards, zero one comes through as a moving platform
Twilight Princess - Mirror Chamber/ Twilight Realm - switches back and forth, kinda like Mushroomy Kingdom
Dinosaur Planet - Cape Claw Boardwalk, with the High Top in the background slamming stuff

I don't know if they're good, but I'd play them.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Underwater combat

They introduced swimming in brawl. But after a few seconds you drown. Why not have under water combat. The characters could have different underwater tilt attacks or special attacks that work most effectively underwater. Stages could be half underwater, mostly underwater, or completely underwater. Characters should not drown.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Neutral B: "Box of Awesome" -- The box emits awesomeness. All opponents within 3 Smart Bomb radii receive 100% damage.

Side B: "Why Yes, I Am Top Tier, Fool" -- All opponents with at least 1% damage lose one stock.

Up B: "The Name's Box... Snake's Box..." -- The box returns to the center of the stage, and all opponents becomes paralyzed for the next 30 seconds.

Down B: "Boxness Overwhelming" -- Box becomes invincible for the rest of the game. He can then move around, and anyone he touches receives a blow similar to Marth's Critical Hit.

Final Smash: "All Your Stock Are Belong to Box" -- Box takes 5 stock from each of his opponents, and adds them to his own stock.

PS: These stock-based moves always work, because the first thing Box does when you unlock him (which is nearly impossible) is to destroy the Time and Coin options.
It's up-B also gives the box a jetpack which lets it fly around the course for the rest of the game.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
They really need to make the AI seem more human, The current versions ESPECIALLY melee seem far too computery.

I agree. A lvl. 9 Bowser on Melee takes on step at the beginning of the match, and then breathes Fire. He repeats that until he's close to you.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
globiumz said:
Also, underwater fighting. I don't know if this would work at all. These fights would drag on though, as moving underwater is difficult and knockback would be reduced. Of course, it is a game so physics don't have to be completely realistic. If they can pull it off without the annoying drag-on-effect, plus make it easy to manveur underwater then this would pretty cool.
Steck said:
They introduced swimming in brawl. But after a few seconds you drown. Why not have under water combat. The characters could have different underwater tilt attacks or special attacks that work most effectively underwater. Stages could be half underwater, mostly underwater, or completely underwater. Characters should not drown.
If you've ever played a Castlevania game, you know how fighting underwater in 2D games should always work: infinite jumps (until you leave the water, that is), "sticky" physics (i.e. slow motion, with lots of drag), and not much else.

Characters that have alot of damage would eventually drown: it is water, after all. Maybe as your percentage goes up, your underwater jumps carry you less and less far, eventually getting to the point where you don't go up at all, in which case you'd eventually grown.

I don't know about underwater-specific moves, though. Certainly different animations, just as certain moves loo different in the air. And certain moves, (like, say, Fox's side+B) wouldn't work the same.

***​

Okay, so anyway, the one thing I think we can all agree on is that there should be some sort of system set up for SSB4 in which fans can vote for the characters. Maybe not the entire roster: y'know, there'd be two or three "fan-picked" characters, or something. The obvious issues would have to be worked out: something like a simple poll would bring out the spammers and bots like nothing else.

It'd require some pretty hardcore tech to recognize IP addresses and log sessions so that one couldn't create dummy accounts (if you needed to register) or otherwise cheat the system...and the ideal situation would let anyone suggest any Nintendo character (third-party wouldn't be allowed, since corporate negotiations could mess with the results) Reddit-style, but then you'd have raids from 4chan voting en masse for Mudkip and Seaking...

But I think it'd be worth it. (Sukapon for SSB4!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom