• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
They should have a Slime from Dragon Quest as representative for Square Enix. He can work as a mascot but they would still have enough to work from as there is a game on DS with a slime as main character (and you get to use a hunking big tank) called Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime.
You want a limbless blob with an idiotic face to fight in SSB?

I rather have Gooey.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Here's a moveset for Bomberman. It's not great, but it's pretty easy to come up with one for him.

B: Bomb Lay- Pulls out a bomb, and lays it right next to him. Can hold B to pump up the bomb and make it bigger(from Bomberman 64).
B>- Bomb Throw- Throw's a bomb forward. If it hits someone it stuns them briefly.
Bv- Bomb Kick- Sets a bomb on the ground then kicks it forward. You can press Bv again to stop the bomb.
B^- Bomber Copter(From Bomberman Hero)- Copter blades come out of Bomberman's antennae, and propels him upwards. He then gradually falls.
Final Smash- Revenge Bomber- Lots of Bombermen appear in little pods and start throwing bombs all over the place.
No, there's a bunch of specials for him. That part is easy, though bomber copter is a good idea.
The problem is trying to make the rest of his moveset without making his specials seem less than special. Sure, he could get a few kicks and punches but that's hardly going to flesh out the whole thing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Amaterasu and Ivysaur can work, so can a Chocobo. At least a chocobo can hold items in its mouth.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Someone give a top seven of SE candidates. (I'm VERY unfamilar with SE besides the Kingdom Hearts series)

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I would guess(not in any order):

Geno
Sora
Crono
Slime(or something else from Dragon Quest, I'm not familiar with the series)
Black Mage
Chocobo
Moogle

I would say Cloud, but he's only had cameos in Kingdom Hearts as far as his appearances on Nintendo consoles go.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Someone give a top seven of SE candidates. (I'm VERY unfamilar with SE besides the Kingdom Hearts series)
Well, the main franchises that SE currently has are:

1. Final Fantasy
2. Dragon Quest
3. Kingdom Hearts

Franchises that are multiple installments but haven't had a game recently:

1. Mana franchise
2. Chrono franchise

As for characters, it's hard to choose leading representatives because (aside from the Kingdom Hearts games), SE franchises rarely have reoccuring main protagonists in their canon games which is why minor characters (like mage and cactuar) and those that star in their own spinoffs (like slime and chocobo) are usually the ones suggested. It's also hard because Nintendo usually gets the spinoffs while Sony gets the main games in the franchises (especially Final Fantasy).

In Nintendo's history, SE has aided in the development of four Mario games:

1. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
2. Mario Hoops 3 on 3
3. Itadaki Street
4. Mario Sports Mix

Because of this, some people suggest characters from these games as possible SE reps too.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Nintendo & SE work a deal: Sora/Cloud for SSB4, Mario/Link for a 3DS Dissidia. Everyone wins.

Link40

Smash Cadet
Personnally, for SSB4 it would be awesome to have :

*Characters :

TLOZ :

- MM Link (MM was never represented in the Smash bros games...)
- Skull Kid
- Toon Zelda/ Tetra (she should have been in Brawl... Why did the devloppers rush to make the game ? D: )

Mario Series :

- Count Bleck or Dimentio : SPM was an awesome game, we need one of the two villains in the next smash bros. But I think they will have forgotten about the game when they make the game).
- Paper Mario : It would be a good alternative to Mario Clones.

Resident Evil (yes, I know it is almost impossible, but Nintendo got many RE, especially Rebirth.)

- Albert Wesker
- Another Main RE character (Leon, Claire, Chris [but not from RE5 xD] or Jill).

Pokemon :

- Deoxys (I've been so disappointed he was not in Brawl as a playable character...)

It would be awesome too if they include downloadable content in the next Smash Bros, and also new custom possibilities.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Uh... Majora's Mask was already represented in Melee with a stage and a bunch of trophies and Young Link had fire arrows (only he could use fire arrows in Majora's Mask, but not in Ocarina of Time).

Brawl wasn't exactly rushed if it was delayed twice.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Uh... Majora's Mask was already represented in Melee with a stage and a bunch of trophies and Young Link had fire arrows (only he could use fire arrows in Majora's Mask, but not in Ocarina of Time).

It was delayed for terrible a reason though. SSE makes me puke.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
That is pretty dumb that so much time was spent on all the riffraff, while several characters got cut out due to time.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
They should have a Slime from Dragon Quest as representative for Square Enix. He can work as a mascot but they would still have enough to work from as there is a game on DS with a slime as main character (and you get to use a hunking big tank) called Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime.
Can a Chocobo work?
Or what about Slime and Chocobo as one character? Slime riding a Chocobo? Square and Enix mascots both together.

http://kotaku.com/5584864/if-a-slime-met-a-chocobo

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's not why Brawl was delayed. The first time it was delayed was because there some last minute complications with the online features and the second time was to buy time to make enough copies for the Japanese/North American releases.
Really? Are there any articles stating that? It isn't that I do not believe you I'm just interested in where that information came from?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was always under the impression that the first delay happened because they were adding Sonic. Sonic was confirmed on the same day the delay was announced. It was like they were delaying the game but announced Sonic at the same time in hopes that no one would notice it since everyone would be blindly rejoicing for Sonic's inclusion.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Really? Are there any articles stating that? It isn't that I do not believe you I'm just interested in where that information came from?
Here's one article:

http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-explains-smash-bros-brawl

Regarding Sonic, he was added during the summer and him being announced in October was probably done to soften the blow of the delay. I also remember how September/October was the time when Nintendo started making changes to their online services as well as when they shut down Nsider. Actually, the day they offically announced the online features of Brawl on the Dojo was the exact same day that they closed down Nsider and I remember it saying on the site how it was done to help free up their servers for future online games and online tech support (at least temporary but it ended up being a permenant change).

Swanx

Smash Rookie
Hi!

I'd love if Birdo,Mewtwo,Daisy,Pichu and Dr.Mario would be in the game. I would add too a better online mode with an option to add the people you meet as friends.And to play custom stages online.Too,they could make a better stage builder with many more things and sizes to choose and put a higher stuff limit

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Birdo could be fun but Daisy is fine as an alt costume (why isn't Doc one?). Mewtwo was a legitimately good character while I'd like to see Pichu return solely because of his lolworthy self harm (boost this please).

they could make a better stage builder with many more things and sizes to choose and put a higher stuff limit
I was annoyed that I couldn't have liquid ledges (water cubes at the edge instead of grabbing). IMO this would have made water actually fun, instead of the rubbish it was.

Nintendo & SE work a deal: Sora/Cloud for SSB4, Mario/Link for a 3DS Dissidia. Everyone wins.
Except me. Such good characters should never be associated with the accursed quadrangle.

Link40

Smash Cadet

Nope, Fire arrows were also in OoT.
Besides, it wasn't Y-Link from MM, since the bow, sword ,... weren't the same as from MM.

And MM Link wouldn't be a clone from Link at all : in fact, he would use the Main masks of the game (Deku, Goron, Zora).

Finally, the stage wasn't in brawl, so MM is not represented enough :)

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Besides, it wasn't Y-Link from MM, since the bow, sword ,... weren't the same as from MM.

And MM Link wouldn't be a clone from Link at all : in fact, he would use the Main masks of the game (Deku, Goron, Zora).

Fire arrows were in Ocarina of Time but Young Link couldn't use them until Majora's Mask.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personnally, for SSB4 it would be awesome to have :

*Characters :

TLOZ :

- MM Link (MM was never represented in the Smash bros games...)- Skull Kid
- Toon Zelda/ Tetra (she should have been in Brawl... Why did the devloppers rush to make the game ? D: )

Mario Series :

- Count Bleck or Dimentio : SPM was an awesome game, we need one of the two villains in the next smash bros. But I think they will have forgotten about the game when they make the game).
- Paper Mario : It would be a good alternative to Mario Clones.

Resident Evil (yes, I know it is almost impossible, but Nintendo got many RE, especially Rebirth.)

- Albert Wesker
- Another Main RE character (Leon, Claire, Chris [but not from RE5 xD] or Jill).

Pokemon :

- Deoxys (I've been so disappointed he was not in Brawl as a playable character...)

It would be awesome too if they include downloadable content in the next Smash Bros, and also new custom possibilities.

Uh... in the previous post, you clearly stated that Majora's Mask was never represented in the Smash Bros. series. I pointed out that Majora's Mask had plenty of representation in Melee in terms of a stage, a bunch of trophies, and Young Link's ability to use fire arrows.

And now you are saying that because the stage was not in Brawl, that means Majora's Mask is not represented enough. :rolleyes:

That's like saying Super Mario RPG is not represented enough because there is no stage from that game and no playable Geno even though we have Mario, Bowser, and Peach as playable characters and some of their moves come from Super Mario RPG.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I wonder if there are any females actually worthy enough to be a fighter in SSB.

SDo far, many femals has the lest amount of appearances in games or scenes, bee minor characters, or useless damsels.

To many, Samus Aran is a suit of armor and nothing else.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ asia_catdog_blue

Adding female characters in Smash as playable characters just because they are females should not be a reason to add them. If being female is the only thing they have going, then maybe it isn't a good idea in the first place. I don't care about WHAT they are, I care about WHO they are.

As for the female characters I think have a good chance of getting in Smash without resorting to using the overused "she is a female" reason are:

Caeda - she is practically the heroine of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Marth's remake, and even Sakurai himself considers her to be one

Dixie Kong - she was planned to be in Brawl at one point as Diddy Kong's team partner, and Sakurai has a history of putting in scrapped ideas for one game in a later game, so she may be in Smash 4 as her own character or as Diddy Kong's team partner or maybe even something that comes out left field like a team of Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong (It would be awesome to have all four playable Kongs from the original DKC games in Smash 4!)

Medusa - she is the villain of the Kid Icarus series like Bowser is to the Mario series and Sakurai is working on Kid Icarus: Uprising so I think he might become a bit biased towards her to add her in Smash

Palutena - she is the heroine of the Kid Icarus series like Peach is to the Mario series and Sakurai is working on Kid Icarus: Uprising so I think he might become a bit biased towards her to add her in Smash

HotWings

Smash Ace
How about they have like a create your own character like an mmorpg does and it has a selection of moves you get to choose from, you get to create your own look, weapons, ect. Also you get to choose if you want to be light, medium or heavy. With a little more thought into this.. this could actually be really good.

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
How about they have like a create your own character like an mmorpg does and it has a selection of moves you get to choose from, you get to create your own look, weapons, ect. Also you get to choose if you want to be light, medium or heavy. With a little more thought into this.. this could actually be really good.
The idea has been brought up more than once, and the response is usually, if not always, this.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I had an idea like that for Mii. I strayed away from it as I didn;t think that was really meant for Smash.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
You know who I really hope isn't in SBB4? Scrafty.

Just look at that. Right now, I bet you've gotten a little bit mad just looking at that thing, just by knowing that someone put effort into making something so ugly. I bet you're thinking, "Wow, that is ****ing ********. What 13-year-old Digimon fan made that sprite?" I'll tell you who - Gamefreak. This is a new Pokemon. What a disgrace. What a steaming pile of Tauros ****.

At least its name suits it, they're both stupid and ugly.

EarthB

Smash Rookie
My list

BomberMan
Steve From Minecraft (With his own minecraft stage)
Conker from conkers bad fur day
Claus From Mother3
Kumatora From Mother3
Master Chief From Halo
And thats my list

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
@ asia_catdog_blue

Adding female characters in Smash as playable characters just because they are females should not be a reason to add them. If being female is the only thing they have going, then maybe it isn't a good idea in the first place. I don't care about WHAT they are, I care about WHO they are.

As for the female characters I think have a good chance of getting in Smash without resorting to using the overused "she is a female" reason are:

Caeda - she is practically the heroine of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Marth's remake, and even Sakurai himself considers her to be one

Dixie Kong - she was planned to be in Brawl at one point as Diddy Kong's team partner, and Sakurai has a history of putting in scrapped ideas for one game in a later game, so she may be in Smash 4 as her own character or as Diddy Kong's team partner or maybe even something that comes out left field like a team of Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong (It would be awesome to have all four playable Kongs from the original DKC games in Smash 4!)

Medusa - she is the villain of the Kid Icarus series like Bowser is to the Mario series and Sakurai is working on Kid Icarus: Uprising so I think he might become a bit biased towards her to add her in Smash

Palutena - she is the heroine of the Kid Icarus series like Peach is to the Mario series and Sakurai is working on Kid Icarus: Uprising so I think he might become a bit biased towards her to add her in Smash
I reconize that. It's just that if youre going for the "more that just a chick" routine, well... there aren't that many choices. Hell, the females that are already in could be questioned. Has Peach and Zelda done anything in the main, canonical games(Mario RPG's do not count. I mean the platformers) other than be a MacGuffin?

And as I said before, to many, Samus Aran is a suit of powered armor and nothing else.

So... should there be any new game modes? I think Stamina Mode should be expanded into normal fights. Something similar to TMNT: Smash Up fpr the Wii.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
There's a game called Super Princess Peach, actually. Bowser goes after Mario and Luigi, and now Peach has to save them. Its a platformer, and has many familiar characters, like Petey Piranha (as a boss) in the game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What is it with people and Create-A-Fighter? It'd be one thing if Smash wasn't a crossover fighter, but it is. It would go against one of the core aspects of the game.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
There's a game called Super Princess Peach, actually. Bowser goes after Mario and Luigi, and now Peach has to save them. Its a platformer, and has many familiar characters, like Petey Piranha (as a boss) in the game.
And is not canonical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom