• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMario

Smash Master
No offense, but I can't really tell what I'm supposed to be looking at, is it basically a tilting Final Destination?

BTW, the only version of that stage that tilted at all was the one over the lava pit, and that had HEAVY tilting, exceeding 45 degrees.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Kuma

My god.... I just checked out this Milia Rage girl from Guilty Gear on YouTube and... that's just what I had in mind for Dixie Kong! I had envisioned that Dixie would somehow use her hair like the Inhuman Medusa from Marvel Comics and Rapunzel from Tangled in addition to her classic helicopter spins. I figure she would just float in the air like Peach would just by holding down the jump button, only she is spinning with her hair instead of simply floating like Peach would. Dixie could even grab and throw her opponents around AND tether recover with her hair, she already can do it in DKC2 and DKC.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
@Arcadenik:

Whatever you say then. I'm not going to argue over the validity of a Godess being in Brawl considering she could be severely nerfed like Mewtwo anyways.

As for Toad, I want Toad in-game but am not bothered by Toad already being in-game via Peach. I think they put Toad in because they wanted to include Toad but couldn't really do so any other way (there weren't Assist Trophies back in Melee, and Toad's popularity hadn't really seen a boost until New Super Mario Bros. Wii and the whole 25th anniversary thing recently).

Maybe they could change it, or maybe they could justify that Peach is holding a generic Toad.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ Kuma

My god.... I just checked out this Milia Rage girl from Guilty Gear on YouTube and... that's just what I had in mind for Dixie Kong! I had envisioned that Dixie would somehow use her hair like the Inhuman Medusa from Marvel Comics and Rapunzel from Tangled in addition to her classic helicopter spins. I figure she would just float in the air like Peach would just by holding down the jump button, only she is spinning with her hair instead of simply floating like Peach would. Dixie could even grab and throw her opponents around AND tether recover with her hair, she already can do it in DKC2 and DKC.
So what would you say would be Dixie's playstyle and primary strategy?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Zoroark (Pokemon series) - Mewtwo out, Lucario in... Lucario out, Zoroark in...
That is not how it works. Data from the disk shows that mewtwo was very much planned for the game. Like Roy, Mewtwo also has a unique fanfare. His file also has attack effects, a picture for classic and a sound for his final smash. It shows that he was likely planned, but cut later (more likely to add Sonic).

Otherwise, I liked the moveset. Just Issac over Matthew and A Metroid and Goroh character and it would be perfect.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, Sonic is the reason Mewtwo was cut? Well, most of you guys (not singling you out, Smashchu) were so obsessed with the blue furry for years since that April's Fools with Sonic and Tails being playable in Melee. You guys were spamming all over the Internet with "is Sonic in SSB3?" and "Sonic for Brawl" threads. You guys wanted him (and the other Sonic furries) so bad that you didn't care how Sonic got in the game, just as long as Sonic gets in. Well, you got your wish. Mewtwo got cut for Sonic and Sonic's moveset pretty much sucks since most of them involve spinning into a ball.

Moral of the story? Granting wishes that were made under the influence of blind fanboyism leads to epic fail.

Isaac over Matthew? Yeah right. It is like asking for Ninten over Ness in Smash 64.

Asking for a Metroid character and a F-Zero character simply for the sake of having two Metroid character slots and two F-Zero character slots on the character select screen is not the way to go. Sorry.

I love how people want more Metroid and F-Zero characters in Smash just because they are the only series in Smash 64 to have only one character and yet they usually continue to neglect the Yoshi series. Sure, Kamek and Baby Mario (or Baby Bros.) are suggested once in a while but most of the time I see people asking for a Metroid character and a F-Zero character - as if they are saying they specifically want Ridley/Samurai Goroh but will accept any Metroid/F-Zero characters as if they were thrown a bone.

@ Kuma

I will need some time to ponder how Dixie Kong would play in Smash. :)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So, Sonic is the reason Mewtwo was cut? Well, most of you guys (not singling you out, Smashchu) were so obsessed with the blue furry for years since that April's Fools with Sonic and Tails being playable in Melee. You guys were spamming all over the Internet with "is Sonic in SSB3?" and "Sonic for Brawl" threads. You guys wanted him (and the other Sonic furries) so bad that you didn't care how Sonic got in the game, just as long as Sonic gets in. Well, you got your wish. Mewtwo got cut for Sonic and Sonic's moveset pretty much sucks since most of them involve spinning into a ball.

Moral of the story? Granting wishes that were made under the influence of blind fanboyism leads to epic fail.
It has nothing to do with the April fools joke and more to do with the factbthat people always wanted Sonic vs Mario. It doesn't mean Mewtwo wont be in the next game.

Isaac over Matthew? Yeah right. It is like asking for Ninten over Ness in Smash 64.
Most Golden Sun fans don't like Dark Dawn much and the first game is the most successful.
Asking for a Metroid character and a F-Zero character simply for the sake of having two Metroid character slots and two F-Zero character slots on the character select screen is not the way to go. Sorry.

I love how people want more Metroid and F-Zero characters in Smash just because they are the only series in Smash 64 to have only one character and yet they usually continue to neglect the Yoshi series. Sure, Kamek and Baby Mario (or Baby Bros.) are suggested once in a while but most of the time I see people asking for a Metroid character and a F-Zero character - as if they are saying they specifically want Ridley/Samurai Goroh but will accept any Metroid/F-Zero characters as if they were thrown a bone.
People want them because they would like more characters from other series. There is nothing wrong with that. And more specifically, they want Ridley and Goroh. These are good characters and would make good additions to the game. Diversity never hurt, and Sakurai has said he does not waht to add from just the popular series.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Arcadenik
As I mentioned to ryuu, the similar looking specials might have been on purpose. The ambiguity allows for a strong mixup game, keeping the opponent guessing, making him not sure what you're going to do next.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, they got their precious Mario vs. Sonic fix in Brawl. There's no reason to keep Sonic in Smash 4 now.

And the first Golden Sun game came out 10 years ago while Dark Dawn came out last month. I love Isaac like many Golden Sun fans do, but objectively, it makes more sense to add Matthew instead of Isaac in Smash 4. If we didn't get the DS sequel, then Isaac would probably be considered for SSB4 as a retro character from the early GCN-GBA era.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
And the first Golden Sun game came out 10 years ago while Dark Dawn came out last month. I love Isaac like many Golden Sun fans do, but objectively, it makes more sense to add Matthew instead of Isaac in Smash 4. If we didn't get the DS sequel, then Isaac would probably be considered for SSB4 as a retro character from the early GCN-GBA era.
Your way over thinking this. Issac was just the more popular character and the main character of the series.

UberMario

Smash Master
That is not how it works. Data from the disk shows that mewtwo was very much planned for the game. Like Roy, Mewtwo also has a unique fanfare. His file also has attack effects, a picture for classic and a sound for his final smash. It shows that he was likely planned, but cut later (more likely to to not have to push the release date even further than they already did).
Fixed. It had around 6 months of delay already [which was starting to hurt the hype], so, unfortunately, they cut Roy and Mewtwo, aswell as Dr. Mario, Young Link, Toon Zelda, Toon Shiek, and Dixie Kong at a point earlier on. All of which are implied to be clones (except for maybe Dixie), we also lost about 20 songs due to the endtime rushing, including Ballad of the Windfish, Saria's Song [an old Brawl site picture showed this as an alternate tune for Temple, why it was cut at that point, I have no clue], a Yoshi's Cookie song, and a Stunt Race FX song. (Not to mention unique fanfares too.)

"Pra_Mai" can either be considered a Plusle & Minun tag-team (as a 3rd generation representative), or the random button, that hasn't been figured out.

I have a feeling that, unless they Roy and Mewtwo may return in SSB4, just based on how "well developed" their file folders have been documented to be, much moreso than the other cut characters.

Well, they got their precious Mario vs. Sonic fix in Brawl. There's no reason to keep Sonic in Smash 4 now.
You're kidding, right? Do you know how much the fanbase would rage if one of the most popular new introductions in Smash history was cut?

Thunder_slash

Smash Cadet
The only one of those slots that I'd take out is the Medusa & Palutena team for three reasons: they are [im]mortal enemies, Palutena is now canonically the being that gives Pit his "Wings of Icarus" move, and Palutena is shown to be extremely powerful and thus is unfit for a fighter where most of the characters are your typical "superpowered, but still vulnerable" crew.
I agree completely with you about Palutena, but if we think it a bit more, Medusa is a good option as a character. She is the main antagonist of all Kid Icarus series(also considering Uprising), and her moveset would be stat-changer.

UberMario

Smash Master
I agree completely with you about Palutena, but if we think it a bit more, Medusa is a good option as a character. She is the main antagonist of all Kid Icarus series(also considering Uprising), and her moveset would be stat-changer.
Actually, in the two games released so far, both of them had unrelated antagonists, Orcos was the antagonist of the other game, heck, Medusa wasn't even in the 2nd game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Your way over thinking this. Issac was just the more popular character and the main character of the series.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. And Young Link was more popular than Toon Link in the "kid Link" Zelda games. I remember seeing many threads and posts about supporting this "Mask Link" from Majora's Mask and claiming that "Wind Waker Link" wouldn't fit the style of the game because he is cel-shaded and the game uses realistic graphics. Not to mention that more Zelda fans loved Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and hated The Wind Waker for its cel-shaded graphcis among other issues. And what happened? We got Toon Link from The Wind Waker, not Young Link from Majora's Mask, in Brawl. Really, objectively speaking, adding Toon Link made more sense than keeping Young Link.

That's the same with Isaac and Matthew. And besides, Dark Dawn is only a month old, it barely had much time to build a fanbase. The original had 10 years to build a fanbase. But objectively speaking, it makes more sense to add Matthew from the newest Golden Sun game than to add Isaac from the oldest Golden Sun game. Unless Sakurai decides to go with the Marth-Roy route and add both the original and the newest protagonists from the unrepresented series, I think the Ness route (add only the newest protagonist from the unrepresented series) is the way to go.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ UberMario

You know... fans will rage if anything from Brawl is removed from SSB4. No, we have to hoard everything we ever had in SSB 64, Melee, and Brawl until SSB4 is cluttered with everything from the last three games that there is pretty much no point in adding anything new in SSB4. Sometimes you need to throw out last week's trash to make room for next week's trash.

UberMario

Smash Master
@ UberMario

You know... fans will rage if anything from Brawl is removed from SSB4. No, we have to hoard everything we ever had in SSB 64, Melee, and Brawl until SSB4 is cluttered with everything from the last three games that there is pretty much no point in adding anything new in SSB4. Sometimes you need to throw out last week's trash to make room for next week's trash.
Brawl had 39 characters, Marvel vs Capcom 2 had 56 and it came out in 2000, there's plenty of room for new faces and old ones alike.

Oh, by the way:

Sonic's and Mewtwo's scenarios are not that related, and bashing people that wanted Sonic in Brawl gets us nowhere.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@ UberMario

There is a difference between making room for more content and cutting the most highly requested and popular third party character. If there are no legal or financial reasons to remove him the developers more then likely will not.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Shall we change a topic to something else?

Like stages?
Stage discussions usually die within a couple of posts because, let's face it, people don't buy the Smash games for the stages. They can be fun but they're not something that make you stay up until 4 in the morning to see if they were included or make you say "Oh my God, I can't believe they added *insert stage here.* I'm totally buying this game now!" The Smash developers really haven't made too many bad stages so most people trust them with whatever they plan to add in the next game.

In regards to the character discussion going on, here are my thoughts.

1. F-Zero is dead and probably won't see a revival for awhile. It's been almost 6 years and Nintendo hasn't shown really any interest in making any new games. Miyamoto doesn't seem to like the series (which is pretty bad considering he created it) and the last time he talked about the franchise was after the release of F-Zero GX where he talked how much the game disappointed him. Goroh's not going to happen until F-Zero finds its way out of extreme obscurity.

2. I honestly don't see DK getting any more reps. K.Rool and Dixie weren't even in the last two canon games and the emphasis on the games has been on DK/Diddy since the Gamecube era. Because of this, I don't believe the franchise even needs anymore reps until things change.

3. I don't know what to say about Starfy. The Legendary Starfy tanked sales wise outside of Japan but the franchise has had a steady fanbase there for sometime now. I suppose Starfy could "pull a Ness" and make the cut if Nintendo can get over the obscurity the character has outside of Japan.

4. I haven't a clue what's going to happen with Fire Emblem. It's been three years but Ike is still one of the stars of the latest console game. Smash Bros has yet to remove any characters that are in the starting roster and on top of that Ike is still the only other Fire Emblem character aside from Marth to star in more than one game. There will probably be at least one new game before the next Smash Bros so that may ultimately decide if Ike stays or not but, you know what, why can't Fire Emblem have 3 reps? It has 20+ year history, more than 10 games under it's belt, and a decent amount of success in the all the regions it's been released in so I don't see any reason why it can't.

5. Matthew seems like a lock especially with a sequel to Dark Dawn already in the works.

6. Little Mac is probably a shoe-in too as talks of a sequel to Punch-Out have been around for awhile now.

Does it weird anyone else out that Brawl has been out for nearly 3 years now? With Kid Icarus coming out later this year, I wouldn't be surprized in the least if Sora starts discussions or even development for SSB4 late this year or early next year.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sure, let's keep Sonic and add his furry friends in Smash 4 instead of either keeping or cutting Sonic and adding tons of Nintendo content in Smash 4. Most people want Sonic and his furry friends in Smash 4 more than they do about actual Nintendo characters anyway. Give in to popular demand, right? Because, you know, Smash is definitely not a Nintendo cross-over fighting game and a Nintendo encyclopedia rolled into one.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Arcadenik, you became really annoyed since SmashChu said that Sonic may have been the reason Mewtwo was cut.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't see how Sonic is preventing any Nintendo characters from getting in. Heck, I don't see how any character "prevents" another from getting in. I'm far away from the days when I used to believe that the developers sat down and compared character choices. As time has gone on, I've come to believe that it's a much, much more simple process than what I imagined it was before Brawl's release. Sakurai just decides what he wants and that's where it ends. No debates. No meetings. No X vs Y. Just a man and his ideas of what people would like. Besides, from what I understand, Sakurai doesn't even like that Sonic that much so I seriously doubt that we'll all-of-a-sudden see a huge influx of Sonic characters in SSB4.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
"Pra_Mai" can either be considered a Plusle & Minun tag-team (as a 3rd generation representative), or the random button, that hasn't been figured out.
It's confirmed to be the random box
1)Without it, there would be no data for the random box
2)It translates into something like "Every person,"
3)If it was Plusel and Minun, the names are abbreviated. No other character does this (not even Zero Suit Samus). That, and Nana and Popo have separate folders.

I have a feeling that, unless they Roy and Mewtwo may return in SSB4, just based on how "well developed" their file folders have been documented to be, much moreso than the other cut characters.
They'll likely come back. Sakurai has a tendency to keep content he created, even if he can't get it in that game. That's why we have the Final Smashes, made back in 64, and Dedede, who took three games to get in.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And Young Link was more popular than Toon Link in the "kid Link" Zelda games. I remember seeing many threads and posts about supporting this "Mask Link" from Majora's Mask and claiming that "Wind Waker Link" wouldn't fit the style of the game because he is cel-shaded and the game uses realistic graphics. Not to mention that more Zelda fans loved Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and hated The Wind Waker for its cel-shaded graphcis among other issues. And what happened? We got Toon Link from The Wind Waker, not Young Link from Majora's Mask, in Brawl. Really, objectively speaking, adding Toon Link made more sense than keeping Young Link.
What the hell are you talking about. There is no separate "kid Link," series. They are all Zelda games. Young Link only made it in because of clone and they just changed him into Toon Link who is the exact same character. You are way over thinking this.

That's the same with Isaac and Matthew. And besides, Dark Dawn is only a month old, it barely had much time to build a fanbase. The original had 10 years to build a fanbase. But objectively speaking, it makes more sense to add Matthew from the newest Golden Sun game than to add Isaac from the oldest Golden Sun game. Unless Sakurai decides to go with the Marth-Roy route and add both the original and the newest protagonists from the unrepresented series, I think the Ness route (add only the newest protagonist from the unrepresented series) is the way to go.
No, the fan base is Golden Sun. There was already a fanbase, one that really doesn't care for Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Issac is the more popular characters. Simple as that.

There is a difference between making room for more content and cutting the most highly requested and popular third party character. If there are no legal or financial reasons to remove him the developers more then likely will not.
No, there is very much a legal issue, seeing as they don't own Sonic or Snake. The question in terms of legality is whether or not they'll get the rights again, and how did they get them in the first place.

Sakurai has very much defined this as a Nintendo all star game, and he only planned to have Snake. It's likely they wont come back, like all guest characters.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No, there is very much a legal issue, seeing as they don't own Sonic or Snake. The question in terms of legality is whether or not they'll get the rights again, and how did they get them in the first place.

Sakurai has very much defined this as a Nintendo all star game, and he only planned to have Snake. It's likely they wont come back, like all guest characters.
Really, Smashchu, do you believe I'm that ignorant? What you said is exactly what I meant by legality, but apparently I did not explain it well enough since you could not infer my point.

As far as the Nintendo all star comment. Again that is plainly obvious but considering how well received the guest characters have been there is no reason for them to leave if Nintendo and the developers wanted to reuse them. Considering Nintendo and SEGA have been very chummy lately and SEGA is in need of saturating Sonic into every little game they can for advertisement I don't think the former issue would be a problem unless fee's and other royalties are just to much. Not to mention despite Sonic's lack of quality games, as of late, he is still an icon and many people admire the character. Nintendo need not do more then simply refine Sonic's moveset, brink back Green Hill Zone, give him a new stage or both; and add some original music tracks and nothing more needs be done.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Why the heck did you use the bright eye-eating yellow? I could barely see it.
I looked better offline. Plus I needed something that wasn't blue or red.

is it basically a tilting Final Destination?
Yes.

BTW, the only version of that stage that tilted at all was the one over the lava pit, and that had HEAVY tilting, exceeding 45 degrees.
Heavy tilting wouldn't end well. We all know that.
I had, however, forgotten that the other 2 versions were tilt free.

Like stages?
Stage rage time? If you insist.
Brawl cut my favourite stage (dreamland 64) and gave nothing but rubbish in return. I am not pleased.

And back on the Sonic subject:
Characters I could see working - Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Chaos Zero
Characters that have worked so far - None
Characters I actually want - Completely Redone Sonic

SSF2 Tails was the first addition they've done well and it proves he'd be a great Smash character but I still see no real reason to give a third party more than one spot on the roster.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
All this talk about newcomers... How about improving the Veterans? What would do to make them better and more interesting?

Also, every series need better reperentsation. From Pokemon, it was all the main games. No spinoff or anything.

The trophies and stickers and whatnot, I mean.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
For the Pokémon Spin-Off, we could have Wes from Pokémon Colosseum as either a trophy or sticker, or even Cipher. I don't know much about Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, but I think some musics from these games would be nice to hear.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
All this talk about newcomers... How about improving the Veterans? What would do to make them better and more interesting?

Also, every series need better reperentsation. From Pokemon, it was all the main games. No spinoff or anything.

The trophies and stickers and whatnot, I mean.
A lot of the things that could be mentioned would be very technical, namely frames, knockback, etc.

Do something about Falcon Punch. Yeah, I know that thing is powerful as hell, but when the hell are you going to pull it off without getting it. Doing it like Makoto from BlazBlue's drive attack would make it more usable. That, or do what they did in Brawl - where it's got a huge hitbox.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Really, Smashchu, do you believe I'm that ignorant? What you said is exactly what I meant by legality, but apparently I did not explain it well enough since you could not infer my point.
Nope, just read it wrong. My bad

[
As far as the Nintendo all star comment. Again that is plainly obvious but considering how well received the guest characters have been there is no reason for them to leave if Nintendo and the developers wanted to reuse them. Considering Nintendo and SEGA have been very chummy lately and SEGA is in need of saturating Sonic into every little game they can for advertisement I don't think the former issue would be a problem unless fee's and other royalties are just to much. Not to mention despite Sonic's lack of quality games, as of late, he is still an icon and many people admire the character. Nintendo need not do more then simply refine Sonic's moveset, brink back Green Hill Zone, give him a new stage or both; and add some original music tracks and nothing more needs be done.
Just to let you know, this is not the first time a game has done this. Soul Caliber is all about adding characters from other properties. Tekken has done it too. And naturally, those characters get removed because they are guest, not staples of the series. Silly as it seems, people don't think about other games that do this. They assume they'll be kept because "people like them." People liked Link too in Soul Caliber 2.

Sakurai always referred to them as "guest characters." In fact, he only planned for Snake, and Sonic was only added due to sheer demand. Sonic and Snake wont come back. New characters are likely, but seeing as no one came close to Sonic's demand and it's unlikely Sakurai wants to turn this into what Soul Caliber is now, they'll likely ditch them in the next game.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It really depends on the mechanics on SSB4 for the little things like changes in knockback, hit box size, etc. As for the movesets of the characters, I'm largely satisfied with what they currently have aside from a few characters' final smashes. For starters, I think every character should have their own final smash. As for changes in the current final smashes:

1. Mario's should do more damage and have more knockback.
2. Peach's should be to put people to sleep if they are a certain height off the ground.
3. DK's should have more knockback.
4. The Ice Climbers should have the ability to easily climb up and down the Iceberg.
5. Fox's should last a shorter amount of time.
6. Snake's should have less knockback and last a shorter amount of time.
7. Sonic's should last a shorter amount of time.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
7. Sonic's should last a shorter amount of time.
Sonic has a S Tier Final Smash. Not even Meta-Knight's rank in tournaments can top this. When Sonic activates his Final Smash, you're just F|_|CK3D !

PS : This is the first and last time I'm trying to bypass the censor system.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sonic has a S Tier Final Smash. Not even Meta-Knight's rank in tournaments can top this. When Sonic activates his Final Smash, you're just F|_|CK3D !
All the problems associated with Sonic's moveset probably stem from the fact that he wasn't even added into the game until the Summer of 2007, more than a year after the other characters were finished and only about three months before Brawl finished development. He was pretty much a rush job to meet fan demand.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
All the problems associated with Sonic's moveset probably stem from the fact that he wasn't even added into the game until the Summer of 2007, more than a year after the other characters were finished and only about three months before Brawl finished development. He was pretty much a rush job to meet fan demand.
^ Pretty much this. Also, considering Sonic doesn't have much to work with in the way of attacks and moves, and the fact Nintendo had to use Sonic The Fighters as a reference only showed what little imagination they had for his moveset.

To be fair, he was added really late into the game, as
Fatmanonice stated. I'm sure if they had more time to work with, they may have made his moveset a bit better, or at least think about some of the physics in his move, like giving him faster and more reliable smashes, etc.. Still, that doesn't stop dedicated Sonic mains from being very impressive with him.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Let's just hope Sakurai follows Miyamoto's advice this time and just focus on the multiplayer.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Let's just hope Sakurai follows Miyamoto's advice this time and just focus on the multiplayer.
I was unaware Miyamoto even gave Sakurai that kind of advice. Even so, I do agree that the multiplayer is the most important aspect of a Smash Bros. game, as everything else (Subspace Emissary, Homerun Contest, etc.) are throw-aways that many people care nothing about.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I was unaware Miyamoto even gave Sakurai that kind of advice. Even so, I do agree that the multiplayer is the most important aspect of a Smash Bros. game, as everything else (Subspace Emissary, Homerun Contest, etc.) are throw-aways that many people care nothing about.
So what? Video Games like this sould NEVER, EVER be played alone?

And I heard that the multiplayer aspect New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii worked terribly.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So what? Video Games like this sould NEVER, EVER be played alone?

And I heard that the multiplayer aspect New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii worked terribly.
It's not that they shouldn't be played alone, it's that games like Smash Bros. are games that are meant for multiplayer, or at the very least, the multiplayer aspect is heavily looked into than any other aspect of the game.

As for Super Mario Bros. Wii, the multiplayer is fine. You just have to work with others to actually complete the game, or else you'll all end up killing one another off - this same thing holds true for DKCR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom