• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Anyway, I feel like the characters that should be cut is: Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B, and Snake. Why?

Lucario: He was only in to represent Generation 4, I can't see him returning.
Pokemon Trainer: I can't see him returning, especially if he just stays in the BG. =P
R.O.B: I feel like he was a one time character only, though that's just me.
Snake: tbh, he doesn't fit in like the other characters. So returning seems unlikely.

Also, just so people can lol at me: I want Staryu in SSB4. ._.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is one of my favorite characters (and my favorite Pokemon). I'd be pretty upset if they took him out. Pokemon Trainer and R.O.B. make sense as one timeres. So I don't think they'd move on. Snake, well Snake is too popular to be taken out. And he's different because he's almost all projectiles, which I think is a nice change of pace from up close combat. He deserves to stay. Besides, if Snake goes then Sonic might too. They were like dual guest stars for Brawl.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Anyway, I feel like the characters that should be cut is: Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B, and Snake. Why?

Lucario: He was only in to represent Generation 4, I can't see him returning.
Pokemon Trainer: I can't see him returning, especially if he just stays in the BG. =P
R.O.B: I feel like he was a one time character only, though that's just me.
Snake: tbh, he doesn't fit in like the other characters. So returning seems unlikely.

Also, just so people can lol at me: I want Staryu in SSB4. ._.
1. Lucario's prolly gonna get booked for Mewtwo and Zoroark...
2. PT will probably get the 2nd Gen treatment. Playable Feraligatr ftw.
3. Mr. Game & Watch felt like a one-timer, guess who came back? R.O.B. won't get cut, there's no real reason.
4. Snake was a favor. Cutting him is like... Well it would be like if someone asked you to carry something for them, and when you get to where it needs to be, you throw it as hard as you can and move on to let them deal with it.
5. All lols at that have been had.

In all honesty, Toon Link, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer are the only three I feel would probably be cut or re-done. Ness is also possible since he's been on the chopping block since Melee, but I think he may have dodged the blade
sadly

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Ness is also possible since he's been on the chopping block since Melee, but I think he may have dodged the blade sadly.
Ness has always been in Smash Bros, so no. I don't think they'll remove him, even if Lucas was meant to replace him in Melee.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
3. Mr. Game & Watch felt like a one-timer, guess who came back? R.O.B. won't get cut, there's no real reason.
4. Snake was a favor. Cutting him is like... Well it would be like if someone asked you to carry something for them, and when you get to where it needs to be, you throw it as hard as you can and move on to let them deal with it.

In all honesty, Toon Link, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer are the only three I feel would probably be cut or re-done. Ness is also possible since he's been on the chopping block since Melee, but I think he may have dodged the blade
sadly
Alright let`s see. I agree on Snake, Most likely with lucario, more wishing than agree with toon.

Although I have a crazy outlandish idea for the pt.

He may either: stay 1st gen. adopt 2nd gen...or my personal favorite, got 234.

See look at it this way. we have pika jiggs and may m2 from gen 1, and we`ll probably have zoro for 5th. so now we have 3 gens untapped, at this point no more important than the other...and lets face it nintendo, there are favorite starters for each gen.

So I say Give PT: Feraligator, Grovyle, and Chimchar. (I understand blazikien was super popula}, but treeko was the only grass starter to ever be moderatly popular after bulbs...plus he`s bipedal.)

Granted, I`d rather just keep Red and add Gold...but thats just me.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord

sadly
1. Yes
2. Hmm, that doesn't seem likely.
3. Yet there's no real reason he was in other than for Subspace (and cuz Sakurai =P)
4. His style doesn't seem Nintendo like. Unless Konami helps Nintendo again, it's doubtful. =P
5. Um, wut? lol =P

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
TOAD?!
If you could think of a creative moveset for him, I'll give you cookies.
Otherwise, he's out of consideration and you don't get a cookie. '-_-
However, Geno's either in for good or out forever. Honestly, it's his last chance before people start forgetting SMRPG.
B: Mushroom
This is Toad's version of Peach's Toad move. Instead of pulling out another Toad, Toad pulls out a random mushroom. If the opponent hits the mushroom, the mushroom will counterattack with spores that randomly affect the opponent depending on its type. There are five types of mushrooms Toad can pull out.

Super Mushroom (orange with red spots) - causes the opponent to grow big with 10% damage (common)
Mini Mushroom (blue with white spots) - causes the opponent to shrink with 10% damage (common)
Reverse Mushroom (red with white question marks) - randomly causes the opponent to grow big or shrink AND temporarily reverses the opponent's controls with 15% damage (rare)
Volt Shroom (black with yellow lightning bolts)- electrically shocks the opponent with 20% damage (rare)
Poison Mushroom (purple with white skulls) - instantly KOs the opponent with 30% damage (very rare)

Side + B: Toad Kart
Toad's kart appears from thin air and Toad jumps on it and starts driving around. It is useful for running over opponents across the stage. Toad can attack opponents in the air with the kart by pressing Up + B to spin-jump with the kart. This is inspired by the Feather item in the original Super Mario Kart. Press Side + B again to speed up temporarily. This is inspired by the Mushroom item in the Mario Kart series. Press the jump button twice to jump off of the kart.

Up + B: Propeller Block
Toad pulls out the blue block with a yellow propeller on the top. It will let Toad propel upward very high and float down slowly. If Toad is still floating with the block, you can press Down + B to make Toad drill-dive and fall faster. If Toad is hit while floating with the block, he will let go of it and it will continue to float away. Toad can then pull out another Propeller Block in the same manner as Snake's Cypher move. The Propeller Block appears in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Down + B: Iceball Spin
Toad does his version of Mario Tornado but he also throws several iceballs in both directions. Sometimes the iceballs can freeze opponents in blocks of ice. This is inspired by New Super Mario Bros. Wii where if you had the Ice Flower or the Penguin Suit and you shaked the Wii Remote, your character would spin-jump and throw iceballs in both directions.

Final Smash: Star Festival
A comet zooms across the sky and then a single Star Bit drops from the sky. Toad catches it. Four more Toads appear from the side of the screen. Two of them are each carrying a single Star Bit while the other two are carrying one Grand Star. All five of them run to the opposite side of the screen and jump into the Starshroom. The Starshroom closes and flies upward. While all of this is happening, Star Bits start to rain all over the stage. Everyone get hit by Star Bits and the Star Bits break all container items (such as Barrels and Crates) and breakable parts of the stage (such as the platforms in Skyworld). After the rain is over, the Starshroom descends and Toad jumps out of it. This is based on the opening of the first Super Mario Galaxy where you see the Toad Brigade carrying the Grand Star and Star Bits.

So.... I can has cookie?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Still do not like the idea for Toad's side special. Sounds too much like Wario's bike.

By the way, did anyone see the article where Masahirio Sakurai and Dragon Quest producer Ryutaro Ichimura were essentially having a conversation?

Sakurai began the discussion by asking Ichimura his opinion of Smash Bros. and whether he sees it as a mainstream success. "A lot of people around the world have interacted with Smash Bros., and a lot of Japanese people have interacted with Dragon Quest," Ichimura responded. In that aspect, they're both games that're easy to approach and easy to play with."

http://www.1up.com/news/dragon-quest-smash-bros-creators
;)

(Those who know me know why I am winking.)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
It would be a nice feature if he put in the option to change from melee to brawl physics so that way it appealed to both brawl and melee fans.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I frankly don't care if a ITEM is playable, all I want is Staryu. ._. Also, here's my Toad movest. It took an hour, so plz don't hate lol. =P

B: Mushroom (I love Arcadenik's idea with this :))
Toad throws a Mushroom at the foe, the mushrooms are at random, so each one will do something else.

Mushroom - Normal damage (5%) (Commom)
Poison Mushroom - Plants a flower on your head for additional damage (5% +flower) (Commom)
Life Mushroom - Stuns (5%) (Commom)
Bee Mushroom - Makes foe use there B Up move. (6%) (Commom)
Boo Mushroom - Heals Toad by 5% and gives the foe 5% damage. (Uncommom)
Spring Mushroom - Hurls foe in the air (10%) (Uncommom)
Reverse Mushroom - Reverses controls (8%) (Uncommom)
Volt Shroom - Stuns them if there on the ground (8-10%) (Uncommom)
King Mushroom - Does a HUGE amount of damage (30%) (Rare)
1-Up Mushroom - OHKO's foe (300%) (Rare)

Side B: Starman
Star. We all know Toad is famous for giving stars to players on Mario Party, right? Well, this time it's different. He hurls the stars at you for a nice thick amount of damage. It doesn't give invinciblity, just damage. You can charge it to make it go further.

Up B: Toad Kart 64
Kart 64. Remember the kart from the old N64 days? Well, when hurled, Toad jumps into his car and screams "YAHOO" and Toad can cruise around nice and fast. It also can bounce if you press A AND shoot shells and bananas. His car doesn't break like Wario's, but if your hit, you get kicked out of your car. While kicked out, anyone of your enemies can ride the car, YES anyone can drive the car.

Down B: Giant Mushroom
Remember those giant mushrooms from Mushroom Gorge? Well Toad plants one and it sprouts up. Anyone caught in the sprout recives damage and gets shot up (kinda like Dr. Wright) After it's done sprouting, anyone can bounce off of it freely.

Final Smash: Starshroom
Starshroom. Toad and the Brigade bring out some starshrooms and starts shooting people. The rest of the starshrooms you can't control, but you can control the one Toad's in. You may shoot, slam, float around, and much more while on the starshroom. However, it only lasts like 10 seconds, so be sure to do as much damage as possible

majora_787

Smash Hero
1. Yes
2. Hmm, that doesn't seem likely.
3. Yet there's no real reason he was in other than for Subspace (and cuz Sakurai =P)
4. His style doesn't seem Nintendo like. Unless Konami helps Nintendo again, it's doubtful. =P
5. Um, wut? lol =P
1. Okay then.

2. Why does it not? In all technicalities, the 2nd and 4th generations, PROBABLY the 5th generation, will all have been out since 1st generation remakes. Unless they ADD the 2nd pokemon trainer, it's probably gonna happen.

3. >_< You can't seriously believe that. They wouldn't bring in a character JUST for a primary feature if it's a STORY MODE. Now, if it were something like shifting between 2D and 3D that were the primary new feature, I would agree.

4. I repeat, it would be really rude to do that to Snake. And honestly, I could say anyone looks non-nintendo in moveset. Namely Falcon, Olimar, Sonic... PLUS, Snake isn't SUPPOSED to seem Nintendo-like at all. He's not from Nintendo. Congratulations for getting the point. /sarcasm

5. Nevermind. It was at your Staryu comment.

Moving forward, I don't see Toad happening. >_< But he has lightyears more of a chance than Roselina or GOOMBA. Honestly though, I'd rather see Bowser Jr.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
1. Okay then.

2. Why does it not? In all technicalities, the 2nd and 4th generations, PROBABLY the 5th generation, will all have been out since 1st generation remakes. Unless they ADD the 2nd pokemon trainer, it's probably gonna happen.

3. >_< You can't seriously believe that. They wouldn't bring in a character JUST for a primary feature if it's a STORY MODE. Now, if it were something like shifting between 2D and 3D that were the primary new feature, I would agree.

4. I repeat, it would be really rude to do that to Snake. And honestly, I could say anyone looks non-nintendo in moveset. Namely Falcon, Olimar, Sonic... PLUS, Snake isn't SUPPOSED to seem Nintendo-like at all. He's not from Nintendo. Congratulations for getting the point. /sarcasm

5. Nevermind. It was at your Staryu comment.

Moving forward, I don't see Toad happening. >_< But he has lightyears more of a chance than Roselina or GOOMBA. Honestly though, I'd rather see Bowser Jr.
Well you believe what you believe. It's ultmately up to Nintendo to decide who they want to stay or get replaced. =P

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It would be a nice feature if he put in the option to change from melee to brawl physics so that way it appealed to both brawl and melee fans.
That's just going to make things worse. You'd have to do double the balancing. Just create a new physics engine, new mechanics, and let the game be an evolution of the series.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Day 9 (still) 35 spots left:
Well I cant really do anything with ONE vote, so today, we'll be voting on Mr. G&W again. I cant move on till you guys say what you want. Remember your nominations for 3 smash vetrens. If you want to see the roster, ask and I'll put it up

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Well I cant really do anything with ONE vote, so today, we'll be voting on Mr. G&W again. I cant move on till you guys say what you want. Remember your nominations for 3 smash vetrens. If you want to see the roster, ask and I'll put it up
Keep Gaywatch.
*nominated Captain Falcon, Mr. G&W and Sonic*

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Pardon the question, but what is this for? =P

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Pardon the question, but what is this for? =P
Oh, its just fun, somthing I thought might spark interesting discussion for characters.
It really wasnt my Idea, it was somthing on Gamefaqs that Majora 747 found and put on here, I thought it sounded interesting, so i asked for the rules, and here we are. Also, it'll have interesting discussion once its done. So, yeah, its not for anything, just fun :p

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
your just saying that because your a noob

wheres pieman and kuma and toise and the other people you know who you are
Well I posted a page ago so... Don't treat the newer users poorly, after all I remember a time when you were the "noob". Cuts both ways.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
your just saying that because your a noob

wheres pieman and kuma and toise and the other people you know who you are
I'd come in here more often and contribute more, but it's (unfortunately) usually synonymous with most every other past discussion. To be frank, as interesting as the ideas are, most of the time it's been said before :urg:.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Anybody else want them to go back to making stages and characters from older games (Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Metroid Prime, Star Fox 64, Donkey Kong 64, Kirby Crystal Shards... etc.)?

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that they actually have stages from Melee and Smash 64, but with the current pattern (if you can even call it a pattern) doesn't make it seem so.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
What they currently do doesn't make any sense. They have flat zone 2 but not 1. Yet, they still name the stage flat zone 2. -.- Frustrating........ if they have the memory, why not just add all stages from all games and make everyone happy?

UberMario

Smash Master
TOAD?!
If you could think of a creative moveset for him, I'll give you cookies.
Otherwise, he's out of consideration and you don't get a cookie. '-_-
Oh look a moveset:

Toad
B:Reflect ------- Deflects attacks [Super Smash Bros Melee & Brawl]
>B: Ice Hockey -------- Charges a hockey stick and smashes a puck forward, slides forward like Snake's USmash in Brawl [Mario Sports Mix]
^B: Propeller Cap ---------- A propeller cap appears on his head, letting him float up in a spin [New Super Mario Bros Wii]
vB: Vegetable ----- Pulls up a carrot, being hit with the point of it does more damage than the top [Super Mario Bros 2]
vB (Air): Pickup------- Carries an item/opponent above his head and can throw either forwards or backwards [Super Mario Bros 2]

Dash: Flail ------- Closes his eyes and flails about like Luigi [Super Smash Bros Melee (Adventure Mode)]

A: Punch ------- Your standard punch
^TiltA: ------- Whacks foes above him with his cap
^Smash: Dice Break ------ Bounces in place, breaking the dice block above him. The higher the number, 1 being weakest and 10 strongest, the more powerful the knockback. [Mario Party series]
>TiltA: Hammer -------- Swings horizontally, causes the enemy to flinch [Mario Party 3]
>SmashA: Tackle ------- Slams forward, causing the foe to trip [Mario Superstar Baseball]
vTiltA: Kick ------ Kicks with his stubby legs to make the foe trip
vSmashA: Meteor Shot ------- Makes a violent kick forward which can spike, has high knockback, and also has fire properties [Mario Strikers Charged]

Grab: Lunge ------- Leaps forward and attempts to land on the foe
Pummel (Attack while grabbing): Gotcha Nose ------- Squeezes the foes nose [Super Mario Bros Super Show]
UpThrow: Pick Up ------ Lifts foe off the ground [works similarly to DK's FThrow], nearly identical to his down special BUT the throws that he can use while the foe is above him are different and more powerful [A downward throw or a swinging throw]
DownThrow: Bonk ------ Jumps up and bonks the foe on the head with his feet
ForwardThrow: Feint ------- Begins to lift foe [like his UThrow], but lets his foe pratfall to the ground, a possible jablock starter.
Backwards Throw: Dropkick ------ Lifts foe above his head, turns around, drops them and kicks them away

<Aerial: Kick ----- Kicks forward, breaks falling momentum temporarily [Mario Party series]
>Aerial: Cap Smack ------ Whacks foes behind him with his hat
NAerial: Spin ------ Spins around rapidly [Super Mario Galaxy/New Super Mario Bros Wii]
^Aerial: Somersault ------- A far-reaching somersault
vAerial: Ground Pound ------- Does a flip and moves straight downward [Mario Party series]

Final Smash: Toad Brigade -- The Brigade appears dropping bob-ombs onto the field from their ship [Super Mario Galaxy]

He's the only of Mario's Big Eight [Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Toad, Wario, Donkey Kong, Bowser, and Peach] not to be a fighter in his own right in Super Smash Bros and was also the protagonist of Wario's Woods. If any character deserves to newly rep Mario in Smash, it's him.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I don't know if it's been discussed already, but I kinda hope SSB4 takes on some traditional fighter elements in addition to what makes it unique. Final smashes might work if they were charged super-meter-style (and toned down a lot). Weaker moves could cancel into other moves (or just have shorter IASA on hit), each character could have a few weaker specials, etc. I just think a fighter with smash-style movement, DI, shields, and % would be really cool.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
When you say weaker moves cancel into other moves, do you mean like combos and stuff?

Personally I would not like to see that sort of stuff. But hey, that's just my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom