• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Actually, I think we're starting to walk on thin ice. Though it was fun, it's time to end this.:(
Alrighty. My mission has been accomplished anyway.

On-topic now:

I conveniently forgot to respond to this little nugget--

SmashChu said:
Don't think those are as good for combat. The point is to have them work like throws, so the properties shouldn't change between chancters. That's not to say they can't be unique (i.e. ZSS does the whip thing).
The purpose of having specific "air throws" is so that one couldn't grab someone in the air, then hold onto them until both characters are KO'd--we don't want to have an entire roster that can, in effect, kirbycide.

My idea states that when you grab someone in the air, you immediately use your air throw. The air grabs are short range, and generally not too powerful, but their advantage lies in the fact that they can grab someone anytime, even if they're air dodging--just as a normal grab trumps shielding (there's no shielding in midair, so it's equivalent).

darkserenade

Smash Ace
My idea states that when you grab someone in the air, you immediately use your air throw. The air grabs are short range, and generally not too powerful, but their advantage lies in the fact that they can grab someone anytime, even if they're air dodging--just as a normal grab trumps shielding (there's no shielding in midair, so it's equivalent).
But think about it. If you dodge while on the ground, you're protected from grabs. Why should this be different?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
But think about it. If you dodge while on the ground, you're protected from grabs. Why should this be different?
Because you can't shield in the air.

It should be noted that all aerials would have higher priority than air grabs, so it's not like it'd be hard to stop someone doing it if you see them abusing it. Also, unlike on the ground, there's DI to factor in as well. Air grabs (and regular grabs, actually) have very short, quick hitboxes, so alot of the time, if you saw one coming, you could just DI to the side a little bit.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Maybe it's not just that she has potential for a moveset, but one that looks rather unique. (If she gets her staff back) you don't see any other staff users in Smash right now, compared to sword users. And yes, staff hitboxes would be just like sword hitboxes, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Besides, she's still a popular choice (in the US at least). That's something, right?
She's popular when it comes to selecting Star fox characters, but overall she's not immensely popular. And there IS something wrong with having another lame sword/staff moveset because it defeats the whole 'Her staff makes her unique' argument. She would play just like Marth given a few fire moves here and there. She's not unique at all and should go back to doing Fox's laundry.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Because you can't shield in the air.

It should be noted that all aerials would have higher priority than air grabs, so it's not like it'd be hard to stop someone doing it if you see them abusing it. Also, unlike on the ground, there's DI to factor in as well. Air grabs (and regular grabs, actually) have very short, quick hitboxes, so alot of the time, if you saw one coming, you could just DI to the side a little bit.
Grabs have priority? Besides, saying you can DI on air grabs is like saying I can move to the other side when they ground grab. In most case scenarios, that doesn't happen.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Grabs have priority? Besides, saying you can DI on air grabs is like saying I can move to the other side when they ground grab. In most case scenarios, that doesn't happen.
Maybe, I don't really know. What I'm saying is that if, say, Mario was in air-grab range, and he used his Nair just as his enemy air-grabbed him, the aerial would win, in every case. And since almost every character has one aerial with sex appeal (i.e. a hitbox that stays around for a while), if you anticipate the air grab, you win.

Point is: it's not a broken system.

And DI's instantaneous in the air, unlike movement on the ground. No animations or anything, also you can't change the speed you're moving at on the ground (fastfalling).

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Maybe, I don't really know. What I'm saying is that if, say, Mario was in air-grab range, and he used his Nair just as his enemy air-grabbed him, the aerial would win, in every case. And since almost every character has one aerial with sex appeal (i.e. a hitbox that stays around for a while), if you anticipate the air grab, you win.

Point is: it's not a broken system.
But then the enemy wouldn't finish their air grab animation, which =no air grab.
And DI's instantaneous in the air, unlike movement on the ground. No animations or anything, also you can't change the speed you're moving at on the ground (fastfalling).
Uh.. You can run... or you can walk.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Back on that alt. models/costumes thing, I think that maybe they could release these as DLC. The developer's can work on the main game as a whole and maybe get some in included into the game before release, and then have a team periodically (like two or three every other month) release them into the Wii2 shop for people to buy.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Back on that alt. models/costumes thing, I think that maybe they could release these as DLC. The developer's can work on the main game as a whole and maybe get some in included into the game before release, and then have a team periodically (like two or three every other month) release them into the Wii2 shop for people to buy.
I think it would just be easier to keep them as alts. though.:ohwell:

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
This is a list of characters I think should be in SSB4:
Veterans:
Mario:
Mario (with Dr. as alternate)
Luigi (Mr L as alternate costume
Peach
Bowser

DK:
Donkey and Diddy stay.

Zelda:
Link (keep TP look, although OOT look should be alternate costume)
Zelda/Sheik (No changes here
Ganondorf (sword based moveset, needs to be better character overall)
Toon Link (drastically altered moveset, and not having Dark TL look like an alien)

Metroid:
Samus (improvements plz)
Zamus (fanservice FTW!

Yoshi: The one and only YOSHI.
Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight (needs to be nerfed)
Dedede

StarFox:
Fox
Falco (again, altered moveset)
Wolf (different neutral B)

Pokemon:
Pika (Pichu as alternate costume)
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (have Pokemon able to last longer)
Lucario (faster character)

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon (much better character)

Mother:

Ness
Lucas (altered moveset)
Fire Emblem:
Marth (Nerfs)
Ike (different Down B)
WarioWare: Wario DURRR.
Other:
Ice Climbers
Pit (better voice actor)
Game and Watch (nerfs)
Snake (major nerfs)
Sonic (slightly faster and weaker)
Newcomers:
Mario: I'm fine with the Mario characters as they are.
DK: K.Rool please. Loads of moveset possibilities.
Zelda:
Can't think of anything so far.
Metroid: Out of the most common newcomer requests, Sylux seems the most sensible character to use. Ridley is much better suited as a boss and Dark Samus is just stupid.

Yoshi: LOL

Kirby: Nothing so far. Kirby needs no more representatives.

Starfox: No more newcomers please. If anyone, Leon over Krystal. But it isn't nessarcery to add any more.

Pokemon: We have too many Pokemon: Mewtwo back, but much faster and with a slightly altered moveset.
F-Zero: Black Shadow is an absolute MUST. He'll have a slightly altered version of Ganons old moveset. Goroh won't be needed. We already have loads of characters with sword based movesets (Link, Meta Knight, Pit, Ike, Marth, Ganondorf, Toon Link and another guy you'll see later in my post.
Mother: Not nessarcery to add Ninten in. Poo could work well as a character with a completely physical moveset who can't use items.

Fire Emblem: Roy returning with a slightly altered moveset.

Wario Ware: No more plz.
Other: Knuckles could work as another Sonic character, but I can't see much action here.

And thats all I can think off.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think it would just be easier to keep them as alts. though.:ohwell:
They're still alts. and all. Just this new idea I have would have you download them. Other than to get Nintendo money from it, they can also spend time on other aspects of the game and save the alts. for people who want them.

Here's an example, the hypothetical team makes an alt. package comprised of Rosalina, Ninten, and Louie and sells it for 1500 Wii opints (just throwing it in there). When they're downloaded, they will still be moved underneath the character they are an alt. for. Also, they're audio files will exist as a tab underneath the character they are an alt. for. So, all in all, they're still the same idea I had before but the method for getting them is different and purely optional.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
But then the enemy wouldn't finish their air grab animation, which =no air grab.
That's the idea. A smart player would only air grab when they know their opponent is going to air dodge--hence, it's a balanced mechanic.

Uh.. You can run... or you can walk.
Look, I'm not going to detail the diffeences between ground and air mechanics, so I'll just ask: would this change anything about your opinion of the idea?

If I were to say, "yes, movement has nothing to do with the mechanic", would you have any issues with it?

KumaOso said:
Here's an example, the hypothetical team makes an alt. package comprised of Rosalina, Ninten, and Louie and sells it for 1500 Wii opints (just throwing it in there). When they're downloaded, they will still be moved underneath the character they are an alt. for. Also, they're audio files will exist as a tab underneath the character they are an alt. for. So, all in all, they're still the same idea I had before but the method for getting them is different and purely optional.
I really like this idea. This is what DLC would (and ususally is with most games) used for: useless extra crap.

Though 15$ for 2-3 skins is waaay too much. My Life as a King charges like, 2 or 3 bucks for that plus a new dungeon and two extra classes.

OTHER USELESS EXTRA CRAP: Music, Stickers, Trophies, more Special Brawl modifiers, WiFi Icons, and stages (though these could not be used in online play).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I really like this idea. This is what DLC would (and ususally is with most games) used for: useless extra crap.

Though 15$ for 2-3 skins is waaay too much. My Life as a King charges like, 2 or 3 bucks for that plus a new dungeon and two extra classes.

OTHER USELESS EXTRA CRAP: Music, Stickers, Trophies, more Special Brawl modifiers, WiFi Icons, and stages (though these could not be used in online play).
I'm glad you like the idea. Although, crap seems a bit strong of a word here, but that's just me.

I agree 15$ is too much, but I said I was throwing that in as an example so it's not to be taken seriously. Also, when you're saying that these can't be used in online play, are referring to just stages or all DLC in general? I think they should, but there's the question of how that would work unless there was some giant hub and using the DLC only online while you don't have it yet could be like a free trial.

D

Deleted member

This is a list of characters I think should be in SSB4:
Veterans:
Mario:
Mario (with Dr. as alternate)
Luigi (Mr L as alternate costume
Peach
Bowser

DK:
Donkey and Diddy stay.

Zelda:
Toon Link (drastically altered moveset, and not having Dark TL look like an alien)

Metroid:
Samus (improvements plz)
Zamus (fanservice FTW!

Yoshi: The one and only YOSHI.
Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight (needs to be nerfed)
Dedede

StarFox:
Fox
Falco (again, altered moveset)
Wolf (different neutral B)

Pokemon:
Pika (Pichu as alternate costume)
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (have Pokemon able to last longer)
Lucario (faster character)

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon (much better character)

Mother:

Ness
Lucas (altered moveset)
Fire Emblem:
Marth (Nerfs)
Ike (different Down B)
WarioWare: Wario DURRR.
Other:
Ice Climbers
Pit (better voice actor)
Game and Watch (nerfs)
Snake (major nerfs)
Sonic (slightly faster and weaker)
Newcomers:
Mario: I'm fine with the Mario characters as they are.
DK: K.Rool please. Loads of moveset possibilities.
Zelda:
Can't think of anything so far.
Metroid: Out of the most common newcomer requests, Sylux seems the most sensible character to use. Ridley is much better suited as a boss and Dark Samus is just stupid.

Yoshi: LOL

Kirby: Nothing so far. Kirby needs no more representatives.

Starfox: No more newcomers please. If anyone, Leon over Krystal. But it isn't nessarcery to add any more.

Pokemon: We have too many Pokemon: Mewtwo back, but much faster and with a slightly altered moveset.
F-Zero: Black Shadow is an absolute MUST. He'll have a slightly altered version of Ganons old moveset. Goroh won't be needed. We already have loads of characters with sword based movesets (Link, Meta Knight, Pit, Ike, Marth, Ganondorf, Toon Link and another guy you'll see later in my post.
Mother: Not nessarcery to add Ninten in. Poo could work well as a character with a completely physical moveset who can't use items.

Fire Emblem: Roy returning with a slightly altered moveset.

Wario Ware: No more plz.
Other: Knuckles could work as another Sonic character, but I can't see much action here.

And thats all I can think off.
NO THANKS.
Also Ike's down B is as fine as it is.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
if you ask me, this thread should probably become its own board, then be divided into categories like New Characters, Gameplay Elements, etc. It'd make things much more organized.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm glad you like the idea. Although, crap seems a bit strong of a word here, but that's just me.
Well, how about "Useless Extra Stuff"

I'm not a huge fan of most console-based DLC because it's essentially nothing more than graphical tweaks. Thus the term crap, as that's what it usually is.

Also, when you're saying that these can't be used in online play, are referring to just stages or all DLC in general? I think they should, but there's the question of how that would work unless there was some giant hub and using the DLC only online while you don't have it yet could be like a free trial.
Let me give you an example:

In Halo 3, you can download new maps, for MS Points, off of XBL. You can then use said maps in online matches. The difference is that in Halo, you create and join rooms, even while playing without registered friends. As far as I know, if you haven't downloaded the map, you can't join a room that's using them.

In Smash Bros. online (at least, as it is now), each player randomly picks a level to play on, as well as item status.

Chew on this: as is, even without custom stages, it still takes the game sometimes upwards of two or three minutes to load a match. If you make it have to access a separate server to get the data for the DLC map, then beam that data to the players who don't have it...you'd be looking at some stupidly long load times.

This goes for alternate costumes and music as well, though perhpas not to the same degree.

This problem could easily be fixed by Nintendo giving SSB4 a respectable online interface--with lobbies, rooms, and all the modern conveniences I've been enjoying for the past six years on my original Xbox.
/rant

TWILTHERO said:
Ike's down B is as fine as it is.
Personally I think it stinks. It's slower than Marth's, yet does the same amount of damage and has a smaller, if a bit wider, hitbox.

Also I can't understand what he says when he counters an attack. My best guess is "weapon!", which makes no sense. :ohwell:

mariofanpm12 said:
if you ask me, this thread should probably become its own board, then be divided into categories like New Characters, Gameplay Elements, etc. It'd make things much more organized.
This will only happen when (and if) SSB4 is actually announced.

I don't really have any doubts about that happening, but until then, it would be sort of silly.

D

Deleted member

Personally I think it stinks. It's slower than Marth's, yet does the same amount of damage and has a smaller, if a bit wider, hitbox.

Also I can't understand what he says when he counters an attack. My best guess is "weapon!", which makes no sense. :ohwell:
Lol, he says "YOUR OPEN!" If u think it stinks, what it should it be replaced with then?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Lol, he says "YOUR OPEN!" If u think it stinks, what it should it be replaced with then?
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Now it makes sense. :chuckle:

I'd be fine with the thinner hitbox and slower speed if he did more damage with it. I believe Marth deals something like 1.2x the damage of the countered attack in the reversal, so maybe 1.5x would be a good number for Ike.

Stardust*

Smash Rookie
Zelda:
Toon Ganon
I'll just leave this here.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I swear, it sounds like "weapon". And I have absolutely no freakin' clue what Marth says. It's like he's speaking a different language or something.
/sarcasm

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, how about "Useless Extra Stuff"

I'm not a huge fan of most console-based DLC because it's essentially nothing more than graphical tweaks. Thus the term crap, as that's what it usually is.
Minus the graphics tweaks, I think maybe swag would be a better term (basically useless extra crap in a better light).

Let me give you an example:

In Halo 3, you can download new maps, for MS Points, off of XBL. You can then use said maps in online matches. The difference is that in Halo, you create and join rooms, even while playing without registered friends. As far as I know, if you haven't downloaded the map, you can't join a room that's using them.
Okay, I understand what you're saying now.

In Smash Bros. online (at least, as it is now), each player randomly picks a level to play on, as well as item status.

Chew on this: as is, even without custom stages, it still takes the game sometimes upwards of two or three minutes to load a match. If you make it have to access a separate server to get the data for the DLC map, then beam that data to the players who don't have it...you'd be looking at some stupidly long load times.

This goes for alternate costumes and music as well, though perhpas not to the same degree.
Again, I understad what you're saying and it makes sense. If one has it, but one doesn't, we're going to have even more ridiculous lag.

This problem could easily be fixed by Nintendo giving SSB4 a respectable online interface--with lobbies, rooms, and all the modern conveniences I've been enjoying for the past six years on my original Xbox.
/rant
I agree, it can easily be fixed through that. Hopefully, they'll finally get it right by then.

Now, for that Tales of Subspace thing, if this were to ever happen, I think it should be a spin off in its own right and not be part of the main series like the SSE was.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Although it's "too early" to think about SSB Mayhem (what I call the next installment), since Brawl came out a few months ago, so it won't happen unfortunately. Even so, this thread has almost 4,000 posts and 200+ pages, so many poeple are thinking about the next installment.

All of that put into account, make this its own board. This is WAY too unorganized. This thread is a nightmare to navigate through there's so much spam and random comments. You have random people joining in saying their random crap then leaving. That's fine and normal other than the fact that the thread is HUGE and half the content has been repeated 5,000 times by other like people. People don't want to look through all XXX amount of pages. Who would? Still, it's annoying reading better stage builder then you have an intelligent conversation, then the again stated better stage builder thing repeated by another person, both random and stupid while completely interrupting your conversation (but that one's normal).

In addition, if there would be sub-sections such as New Characters, New Stages, New Game Modes, Stage Builder, Gameplay Elements (aforementioned idea thx for that). You could have in the "New Characters" all the Krystal/Leon/King K. Rool/in an essence any character support threads, or dream character rosters. "New Stage" could have all the stage support threads, new stage suggestions, past-stage return threads, etc.

There's my request. Thanks Mariofanpm12 for suggesting the idea. Hopefully they will act upon this, and we will have order out of this chaos and disorder of this mess of a thread.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Agreed. Although it's "too early" to think about SSB Mayhem (what I call the next installment), so it won't happen unfortunately. But still, make this its own board. This is WAY too unorganized. You have random people joining in saying their random crap then leaving the thread that's been repeated 5,000 times by other like people since this thread is so huge. People don't want to look through all XXX amount of pages. Who would? There's my request.
Suck it up and deal with it, man. :ohwell:

There are only a handful of threads I visit regularly, this being one of them, so I know what you mean--every five or so pages someone pops up, says "tripping blows, better online" then leaves. Or someone new enters the conversation and tells us about this great idea he had: Tag Team matches. But that aside, we are a fairly organized group 'round here.

It's just a matter of coming here more often, and keeping up with the discussion.

Yeah, it'd be nice to have separate threads for stages, characters, and so on...but think about this: if that were so, I guarantee the only thread that would get regular visits would be for characters. Half of which would just be "here's who I want in SSB4" posts.

So let's not get ahead of ourselves, okay?

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Now, for that Tales of Subspace thing, if this were to ever happen, I think it should be a spin off in its own right and not be part of the main series like the SSE was.
Agreed. Also, considering how the next adventure might not have Subspace in the name, maybe an original name would be better...Since Tales is known for extremely long games, how long should this one be? 30hr?

smashbot226

Smash Master
My two cents:

Peeps who should make it:

Mario Series:

LUIGI
BOWSER
MARIO
PEACH
BOWSER JR
PAPER MARIO

DK Series:

DONKEY KONG
DIDDY KONG
KING K. ROOL
(Possibly another Kong.)

LoZ Series:

LINK
ZELDA/SHIEK
GANONDORF
WOLF LINK
MASK LINK

Metroid Series:

SAMUS
RIDLEY
SYLUX

Yoshi Series:

YOSHI
SHY GUY
KAMEK

Kirby Series:

KIRBY
META KNIGHT
KING DEDEDE
ADELINE

Star Fox Series:

FOX
FALCO
WOLF
LEON

Pokemon Series:

PIKACHU
JIGGLYPUFF
MEWTWO
DARKRAI
NEW POKEMON TRAINER

Earthbound Series:

NESS
LUCAS
CLAUS

F-Zero Series:

CAPTAIN FALCON
BLACK SHADOW

Fire Emblem Series:

IKE
MICAIAH
MARTH
ROY

WarioWare Series:

WARIO
ASHLEY

Lone Series:

ISAAC
CROSSER
OLIMAR

Third Party Series:

MEGAMAN
BOMBERMAN

Retro Series:

MR. GAME & WATCH
ICE CLIMBERS
R.O.B.

Guys Who I Despise and should burn.

KRYSTAL- We can all safely say that from Falco, not even a female Fox with a staff is safe from cloning. Her most important role isn't even a proper Star Fox game.
GENO- I loved seeing all you supporters cry in your sleep when he wasn't in. Third party, substantially unimportant at that compared to icon Megaman. Unique moveset? Crock of it. We already have an important third party who can change his arm into different weapons: Megaman.
DARK SAMUS- I don't care what you say, she's a clone, through and through.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Agreed. Also, considering how the next adventure might not have Subspace in the name, maybe an original name would be better...Since Tales is known for extremely long games, how long should this one be? 30hr?
How about Super Smash Bros. RPG? It's to the point. Anyway, I think the game should be lengthy, but not too long at the same time. All in all, I'd like to see a creative story that expands on the characters (thereby making certain details canon in the future) and is filled with side quests with obscure characters making cameos in the story and side quests.

If this ever happens, I hope that it'll be a joint project between Namco and Nintendo.

Pit: Great Palutena, please have mercy on these souls. JUDGEMENT!!!!

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Pit should definitely get Mithos' voice. Anyways, to add on to that:
Pit:palutena, grant your mercy on these corrupted souls. Judgement!
Yeah, a joint project would be great.As for side quests, I'd LOVE to see the side quests very different from the actual gameplay.

Edit:A problem came to my mind: how will experience and acccesories work?

D

Deleted member

My two cents:

Mario Series:

LUIGI
BOWSER
MARIO
PEACH
BOWSER JR
PAPER MARIO

DK Series:

DONKEY KONG
DIDDY KONG
KING K. ROOL
(Possibly another Kong.)

LoZ Series:

LINK
ZELDA/SHIEK
GANONDORF
WOLF LINK
MASK LINK Not really all out for this one

Metroid Series:

SAMUS
RIDLEY
SYLUX

Yoshi Series:

YOSHI
SHY GUY Yoshi doesn't need anymore reps
KAMEK

Kirby Series:

KIRBY
META KNIGHT
KING DEDEDE
ADELINE

Star Fox Series:

FOX
FALCO
WOLF
LEON

Pokemon Series:

PIKACHU
JIGGLYPUFF
MEWTWO
DARKRAI I don't think so
NEW POKEMON TRAINER I prefer the old Pokemon Trainer

Earthbound Series:

NESS
LUCAS
CLAUS

F-Zero Series:

CAPTAIN FALCON
BLACK SHADOW

Fire Emblem Series:

IKE
MICAIAH Thank you. i'm not the only one:chuckle:
MARTH
ROY NO THANKS

WarioWare Series:

WARIO
ASHLEY

Lone Series:

ISAAC
CROSSER
OLIMAR

Third Party Series:

MEGAMAN
BOMBERMAN

Retro Series:

MR. GAME & WATCH
ICE CLIMBERS
R.O.B.

KRYSTAL- We can all safely say that from Falco, not even a female Fox with a staff is safe from cloning. Her most important role isn't even a proper Star Fox game. You are awesome
GENO- I loved seeing all you supporters cry in your sleep when he wasn't in. Third party, substantially unimportant at that compared to icon Megaman. Unique moveset? Crock of it. We already have an important third party who can change his arm into different weapons: Megaman. I agree :)
My opinions are in red. The rest i'm fine with.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
However, since a remake is the next game, we'll only see Roy's world, Marth's world, or Ike's world. I doubt they would give us another unknown japanese character.
I am not sure what you mean. There are only four worlds in Fire Emblem that had more than one game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Pit should definitely get Mithos' voice. Anyways, to add on to that:
Pit:palutena, grant your mercy on these corrupted souls. Judgement!
I don't think Pit would fit Mithos' voice. The problem is that the voice wouldn't really fit the body. I'm kinda used to Lani Minella's voice now anyway. Although, making him sound a little younger would help a bit.

Here are some other ideas:

Kumatora: Oh mighty cosmos, lend me your power to vanquish my enemies, PK STARSTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!!!!!
I picture her with an English equivalent to Aya Hirano's voice or at least mood for Haruhi here for some reason.

Claus: I'm going to go where Mom is now. Thunder Strike!
Like Lucas, he'd be voice by Lani Minella.

Pokemon Trainer: I call upon the mighty dragon pokemon, the lord of the sky. GO RAYQUAZA!
I think his voice would sound like the one he has now, but sounding less raspy.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I am not sure what you mean. There are only four worlds in Fire Emblem that had more than one game.
What I meant was this: Fire Emblem, unfortunately, isn't known in NA as well as Mario and such. Marth and Roy were meant for Japan only, but came to NA regardless. I think that they either do one of those worlds or another international. I'm fine with anything FE, but this isn't how most people see it.

EDIT:@KumaOso: Kumatora's line sounded fine, Claus' was okay, and PT's was great. How do you think the graphics would work? IMO, Tales of the Abyss with some Smash would look really good.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Alright, this is my dream team list...
I take opinions but no flaming, please.
I will list then after the "-" comes what I think would be reasonable/appropriate changes.
Newcomers highlighted

: Mushroom Kingdom universe
Mario - Dr. Mario alternative costume
Peach
Luigi - Poltergust 3000 as BDown move
Bowser
Geno - Hate to tick you off Smashbot, but Geno DOES deserve a spot. I didn't cry when he didn't get in, but hell I would cry tears of joy if he did eventually.
Paper Mario

: Legend of Zelda universe
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf - Decloned in certain aspects, especially his special moves

Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra - thank SirKibble for implanting this into my head

: Donkey Kong universe
DK
Diddy
Dixie - as much as some people hate this character or any idea of putting her in, I think that the fact that she appeared in 2/3 DKC games would make it fitting for a Smasher... she also has appeared in sports games as well. That's not my point though.
King K. Rool - obvious choice for newcomer

: Pokemon universe
Pikachu
Jigglypuff - Sing doesn't suck anymore
Mewtwo: Recovered!
Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard
Pokemon Trainer 2 - THIS IS IMO: Chikorita, Quilava, Feraligatr
...Lucario, I guess. Or a new 5th generation Pokemon

: Dreamland universe
Kirby
Meta Knight - him and Snake are the only two I would ever nerf... but only slightly. Not like the way they nerfed Captain.
King Dedede

: Star Fox universe
Fox
Falco - Specials decloned
Wolf - Specials decloned
Leon - I don't really have to back this up, do I?
Krystal - A ton of people are for and a ton of people are against. I don't see anything wrong with putting her in (but don't argue me, I'm not trying to argue)

: Metroid universe
Samus
Ridley - not Meta Ridley, but the classic Ridley

: Yoshi universe
Yoshi
Birdo... - Go ahead. Be hating. I know she's not a fighter. I know she's not "in" Yoshi's universe. But remember boys and girls... IMO.

: Warioware universe
Wario
Waluigi - Another one I'll get hate for, and another that's not truly wrapped into the universe I labeled him with, but then again, you should remember that he's Wario's answer to Mario's Luigi. I don't see why they couldn't trick him out for a Smash game.

: Fire Emblem universe
Marth
Ike
Black Knight - Another I don't feel the need to back up. Either him or Hector.

: Sonic universe
Sonic
Knuckles
Shadow - gorgon has proven that he doesn't need to be a clone in MYM2.
...Tails? I don't know... Maybe Dr. Eggman too...

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas - different specials... PK Teleport? PK Love, perhaps?

: Megaman universe
Megaman - obvious
Zero - amazing X series rep
Sigma - read Zero
Dr. Wily - I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I WANT HIM IN. I shouldn't, but I do.

OTHERS IN LONE UNIVERSES
Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
Olimar (Pikmin)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climbers)
Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Bomberman (Bomberman)

That comes to roughly around 50... I believe...

Removed
Pit
R.O.B.

EDIT: Added Paper Mario

REMEMBER THIS IS MY "IMO DREAM TEAM"

Steelia

Smash Champion
My two cents:

Mario Series:

LUIGI
BOWSER
MARIO
PEACH
BOWSER JR - He's highly requested... but I'm just not fond of him.
PAPER MARIO - Nice.

DK Series:

DONKEY KONG
DIDDY KONG
KING K. ROOL
(Possibly another Kong.) - Dixie, perhaps?

LoZ Series:

LINK
ZELDA/SHIEK
GANONDORF
WOLF LINK - Does this include the imp Midna, by chance?
MASK LINK - You mean a Majora's Mask Link? I could go for that... Spans off of Ocarina of Time, one of the "greatest" Zelda games made... although three Links is pushing it.

Metroid Series:

SAMUS
RIDLEY
SYLUX

Yoshi Series:

YOSHI
SHY GUY - Err... Nothing against Shy Guy, but adding him in would be like adding a Goomba in for a Mario rep. Just a waste of space. He's worked out as a background character...
KAMEK

Kirby Series:

KIRBY
META KNIGHT
KING DEDEDE
ADELINE - Nice.

Star Fox Series:

FOX
FALCO
WOLF
LEON - Hmm. Wouldn't have thought of this guy.

Pokemon Series:

PIKACHU
JIGGLYPUFF
MEWTWO - No Smash roster is complete without this guy.
DARKRAI - Yes! And just when I thought I was the only one wanting Darkrai... :D
NEW POKEMON TRAINER

Earthbound Series:

NESS
LUCAS
CLAUS - Perhaps he could pull a Masked Man...?

F-Zero Series:

CAPTAIN FALCON
BLACK SHADOW

Fire Emblem Series:

IKE
MICAIAH - Ah, another Micaiah supporter, nice.
MARTH
ROY - Yes!

WarioWare Series:

WARIO
ASHLEY - Cool.

Lone Series:

ISAAC
CROSSER - Mehhh... Still a bit shaky on this one.
OLIMAR

Third Party Series:

MEGAMAN
BOMBERMAN

Retro Series:

MR. GAME & WATCH
ICE CLIMBERS
R.O.B.

KRYSTAL- We can all safely say that from Falco, not even a female Fox with a staff is safe from cloning. Her most important role isn't even a proper Star Fox game.
GENO- I loved seeing all you supporters cry in your sleep when he wasn't in. Third party, substantially unimportant at that compared to icon Megaman. Unique moveset? Crock of it. We already have an important third party who can change his arm into different weapons: Megaman. - Aw. ):
My two cents are in bold beside some character names... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom