• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
@Snakeyes: I sort of suggested Jack Frost before but his game was rubbish and didn't sell well and he only appeared in one of the 3 games in the series. That would be all well and good if it was a Nintendo exclusive series but the first game was rereleased with extras for the PS1, which is what a lot of recent discussion has been about.

Jack frost would be a great character with a hillarious comedy moveset but he'd never get in.
Ehh, maybe you're confusing him with another demon? Jack Frost has appeared in every Megami Tensei game since the original Shin Megami Tensei on the SNES. While the series is a niche within the JRPG genre and don't sell nearly as much as the average FF, it still enjoys a fair degree of popularity. SMT II (SNES) sold over 350 000 copies and the more recent entries on Nintendo platforms (Devil Survivor and SMT: Strange Journey on the DS) have both sold over 200 000 copies, which is not bad at all for a system that is so easy to pirate.

Atlus has announced that they're already working on three games in the Megaten franchise for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS. This is somewhat of a big deal because the series is notorious for being "late" to every generation of consoles/handhelds.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Looked it up and apparently your right, he is from some other Atlus series but he is also the best character in Snowboard Kids DS since they wrecked Slash.

I don't know how you'd have him made as a Smash character but when I thought he was an SBK original I would have had him with the following specials:

UpB - Parachute: Spring up into the air (dealing damage in a simmilar way to Mario's UpB) and lat down with a parachute. Parachute can be FF canceled like Peach's umbrella.
NeutralB - Mystery Snowball: Throw a snowball with the motion and affects of a random projectile. Slight chance of exploding and turning Jack Frost into a snowman (lowered stats and no specials) temporarily.
SideB - Slapstick: His hands fly out and then return, doing damage and a windbox instead of knockback.
DownB - Pan: Jack Frost is crushed by a golden pan from the sky. This deals him minor damage but squishes him flat to avoid attacks. It would also do more major damage to anyone caught in it and spike them downwards.

Now I haven't a clue what his moves should be.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They wrecked everyone. I was sad to see what they did Tommy and Nancy. Still, I've yet to play the game.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Uh oh guys!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/113/1138536p1.html

Looks like we all are in for a surprise soon. Remember, despite some mishap IGN did leak Retro Studio's development on a new Donkey Kong title for the Wii prior to E3.
That quote is pretty interesting. Why would we hear more about it now all of a sudden? Brawl's been out for almost three years now. This might be the first legit thing we have heard for a new SSB game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That quote is pretty interesting. Why would we hear more about it now all of a sudden? Brawl's been out for almost three years now. This might be the first legit thing we have heard for a new SSB game.
Just because we had a seven year gap (technically 4) with Melee doesn't mean it'll take so long to get a new one. For all we know, this could just be Super Smash Bros. Brawl Deluxe.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Depends if they fix everything wrong (and that'd be a lot from just the programming alone).

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Just because we had a seven year gap (technically 4) with Melee doesn't mean it'll take so long to get a new one. For all we know, this could just be Super Smash Bros. Brawl Deluxe.
Yeah I know, I agree with you. I think a SSB 3DS is likely. Sakurai said in an interview that he couldn't image making any game not in 3D after working on Kid Icarus Uprising, so maybe his next game on the 3DS will either be a remake of SSB or a brand new one.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yeah I know, I agree with you. I think a SSB 3DS is likely. Sakurai said in an interview that he couldn't image making any game not in 3D after working on Kid Icarus Uprising, so maybe his next game on the 3DS will either be a remake of SSB or a brand new one.
Something is most likely going to happen because the only thing I could think of that would make us think about Smash is Melee's 10th anniversary next year which is certainly not something we'll be discussing in the months to come. I see a couple of options to whats going to happen.

1. We get a new Smash Bros game for either the Wii or Wii 2. Melee came out only 2 and 1/2 years after SSB came out. Super Mario Galaxy also broke the tradition of having one type of game per system. So its not entirely out of the question that the next installment will be on the wii.

2.SSB for the 3DS. If they do this we could still expect more characters, stages, and better graphics because the 3DS is much more capable than producing SSB graphics. It'd probably be online too. So I'd be excited for this as well.

3. IGN is just pulling our leg and nothing happens.

Yeti Dk

Smash Rookie
My Hopes For SSB4 Are:
Aditonal new blocks in Stage Builder so Like Grass on Stuff

For New Chars And Recomeing old Ones and Changing Brawl Ones
Megaman(SAtarter)
Sonic(Starter)
Tails(Starter)
Knuckles(starter)
Shadow(Unlockable)
Amy(Unlockable)
Geno(Unlockable)(He Was Wanted ever Sence Melle)
Mallow(Unlockable)
Daisy(Unlockable)
Claus(Unlockable)(Can Change From Masked Man to Claus)
Krystal(Unlockable)
Waluigi(Unlockable)
King K. Rool(Unlockable)
Snake(Starter)
Mewtwo(Unlockable)
Mew(Unlockable)
Pichu(Unlockable)
Dr. Mario(Unlockable)
Zoarak(Unlockable)
Kamek(Unlockable)
Roy(Unlockable)
Tetra(Starter)
Zero(Unlockable)
Toad(Starter)
Bowser JR/Shadow Mario(Unlockable)
Black Shadow(Unlockable)
Dixie Kong(Unlockable)
Ness(Starter)
C. Falcon(Starter)
Toon Zelda(Unlockable)
Toon Ganon(Unlockable)
Toadette(Unlockable)
Starfy(Starter)
Starly(Unlockable)
Red(Starter)(Pokemon Trainer)
Lyra(Starter)(Jhoto Pokemon trainer)(Chicareta,Crakanow,Tylerone)
Brandon(Unlockable)(Hoenn Pokemon Trainer)(Trecko,Marshtomp,Blazacin)
Dawn(Unlockable)(Sinnoh Pokemon Trainer)(PPiplup,Grotle,Infirnape)
Ninten(Unlockable)(Mother Zero)
Mr.L(unlockable)
Bombman(Starter)
Mii(Starter)
Tom Nook(Starter)
Ridley(unlockable)
Kiddy Kong(unlockable)
Birdo(Unlockable)
Baby Mario/Baby Luigi(Starter)
Slippy/Peppy(Unlockable)
Lyn(Unlockable)
Deoxys(Unlockable)
Gray Fox(unlockable)
Dark Samus(Unlockable)
General Scales(Unlockable)

Stages, New and
Fourside(unlockable) http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Eagleland:_Fourside
Saffon City(Starter) http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Saffron_City
Fountain of Dreams(Unlockable) http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Dream_Land:_Fountain_of_Dreams
Great Bay(Unlockable) http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Termina:_Great_Bay
Icicle Mountain (Starter) http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Infinite_Glacier:_Icicle_Mountain
Poké Floats (Unlockable) http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Kanto_Skies:_Poké_Floats
Saturn Vally(Starter) http://ssfdojo.mcleodgaming.com/index.php/2010/10/08/saturn-valley/
Castle Willy(Starter) http://ssfdojo.mcleodgaming.com/index.php/2010/07/07/castle-wily/
Peaches Castle(starter) http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Peach's_Castle 2nd one

Galaxy Tour(Super Mario Galaxy):
Comet Observatory(Starter) http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Comet_Observatory
Good Egg,Frezzeflame,Ghostly,Honey Hive,BattleRock Galaxyies

Cant Think of AnyMore

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
So, how about some detailed Stage concepts?
I'll start it off, I suppose...
Bowser's Castle-Basically a Castle-y area. Has plenty of Lava, Gray Blocks, and even a Bowser statue that can occasionally Shoot Fire or Bounce Around, like in Mario World! Based off of the concept of 'Why don't we have any evil Castle areas yet?', and takes ideas from all of the Bowser's Castles, including those from SMB, SMW, SMB3, SMRPG, and even MK64.

Cookie Sheet-A basic, flat platform, and occasionally cookies, that act as sort of slanted bumps, are placed onto the tray. When enough cookies are on the field, the entire cookie sheet goes into the oven, upon which there is no posible way to KO a foe, as all sides are walled off with walls that do massive fire damage. As well, the metal part of the Cookie Sheet also hurts you. The sheet is soon taken out of the oven, and you and all your opponents are now undoubtedly ripe for the KOing. The Cookies are eaten, and eventually replaced. Thus begins the cycle again. The metal part of the cookie sheet, when not in the oven, is slippery, in such a manner as the UFO in Fourside.

Hyrule Field-A basic flat plain, and like Bridge of Eldin, you cannot KO on the bottom. However, unlike Bridge of Eldin, you never can, no matter what. Sides and Top only. Now then, hazard-wise, the background shows the progression of time, just like Battlefield did in Brawl, although now it'd move a bit slower and become more obvious. When the stage becomes Darkened, however, Stalchildren come out of the ground and traumatize youattack you. In addition, every once in a while a Peahat in the background will fly into the foreground. It will then return to the background and settle to begin the cycle anew.

NES Battleground-It will start out as a plain basic flat stage, possibly based off of Super Mario Bros, before morphing into one of a bunch of stages based off NES games, mostly ones that couldn't work on their own. Balloon Fight, Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, DK Jr. Math, Excitebike, Gyromite and even past stages like 75m and Mario Bros that didn't make it as Past Stages. Each stage would have its own unique setup and hazards, from Fish and Balloonists to Rifles and Ducks, to Viruses and Megavitamins to Vines and...Polynomials, to Bikers, to...Gyromites...? Maybe Clu Clu land, with Bubbles and the Uniras, or Adventures of Lolo with Lolo and his spheres. Maybe obscure things. Defender II anybody? How about Cobra Triangle? Gumshoe?

Also, no matter what, both Pictochat and Hanenbow have to return, as they can't just get rid of those symbols, and I'm not seeing any other stage possibilities there. The way I see, there will be 15 Brawl Stages, one from each franchise included in Melee(Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Yoshi's Island, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, StarFox, F-Zero, Pokemon, Motherbound, Ice Climber, Fire Emblem, Game & Watch), as well as those 2 stages.

Yeti Dk

Smash Rookie
I Would Dought if These Are All Getting In But All These Are Character Me And Many Other People Want. I Also Added Some Changes To Brawl Ones.

Mario, Yoshi, and DK Universes
Geno(He Has Moveset Now)
Mallow
Daisy
Waluigi
King K. Rool
Dr. Mario(He Is Back)
Kamek
Toad
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Dixie Kong
Toadette
Kiddy Kong
Birdo
Baby Mario/Baby Luigi

Sonic and Megaman and F-Zero and Earthbound Universes
Megaman
Sonic(Starter)
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Amy
Zero
Claus
Ness(Starter)
C. Falcon(Starter)
Black Shadow
Ninten(Mother Zero)

Starfox and Pokemon Universes
Krystal
Mewtwo
Mew
Pichu
Zoarak
Red(Pokemon Trainer)
Lyra (Jhoto Pokemon trainer)(Chicareta,Crakanow,Tylerone)
Brandon(Hoenn Pokemon Trainer)(Trecko,Marshtomp,Blazacin)
Dawn(Sinnoh Pokemon Trainer)(PPiplup,Grotle,Infirnape)
Slippy/Peppy
General Scales
Deoxys
Fire Emblem and LOZ Universes
Roy
Tetra
Toon Zelda
Toon Ganon
Lyn

Other Universes
Gray Fox
Dark Samus
Bombman
Mii(Yes Playable)
Tom Nook
Ridley
Snake
Starfy
Starly

Brawl Stages And Melle Stages Coming Back
Fourside(Melle)
Saffon City(64)
Fountain of Dreams(Melle)
Great Bay(Melle)
Icicle Mountain (Melle)
Poké Floats (Melle)
Hyrule Temple(Melle)
Hanebow(Brawl)
BattleFeild(Brawl)
Final Destination(Brawl)
Distant Planet(Brawl)
Bridge of Eldin (Brawl)
Castle Siege (Brawl)
Delfino Plaza(Brawl)
Haleberd(Brawl)
PictoChat(Brawl)
SkyWorld(Brawl)
Mushroomy Kingdom(Brawl)(With World 1-1 through World 1-4)
Spear Pillar(Brawl)
SmashVille(Brawl)
Raindow Cruise(Melle)
Green Greens(Melle)
Pokemon Stadiam 1 and 2(Melle and Brawl)
Brinstar (Melle)
Corneria(Melle)
Jungle Japes(Melle)
Onett(Melle)

New Stages
SuBspace(From Brawl Adventure Mode)
Raibow Road(From Mario Kart DS) - You Run Around Rainbow Road While Shyguys Ride Karts Around The Stage

Will Add More

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Something is most likely going to happen because the only thing I could think of that would make us think about Smash is Melee's 10th anniversary next year which is certainly not something we'll be discussing in the months to come.
Why does nobody think they could rerelease Melee on the 3DS? If they can do it to PS2 games I don't see why the gamecube would be out of the question. Obviously they wouldn't have much space for additions but I doubt they'd mind an excuse for less work.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Why does nobody think they could rerelease Melee on the 3DS? If they can do it to PS2 games I don't see why the gamecube would be out of the question. Obviously they wouldn't have much space for additions but I doubt they'd mind an excuse for less work.
What part of my quote made you think that? When I meant we won't be talking about Melee's 10th anniversary in the months to come is because it isn't in the months to come, its a whole year from now. They made Pit the same quality as he was in Brawl, so of course the graphics should be good.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
i'm amazed no one mentioned takamaru who's game got realeased at the same time as the first zelda game expect it was japan only

its like he's links brother 0.0

i had to play it on a emulator -.-

here's a recent picture of him in samurai warriors 3 ^^

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091030114145/nintendo/en/images/f/ff/Takamaru_SW3.png

plus we don'y have a samurai sword man yet :)

as well as this should be his theme song in the next smash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5EKqi9uGcM&feature=related

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I really don't think SSB4 will be released on any handheld system. I could see a rerelease, but not the forth instalment of "Nintendo's All-Stars" The name Smash Brothers means so much now, it's like making Making Super Mario Galaxy on the Ds, instead of it being released on the Wii.

We have certain games that tend to have there major titles released on platform consoles while we have others, like pokemon, who release most of their games on handhelds. Smash brothers COULD work on a handheld, but i find it an unlikely change up. Which Im happy for.

@Senjen, he's been brought up before. Most people have an opnion on him. I never really have played a game with him in it. So I have no opinion on him!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Has no one brought up or considered third party characters to make the cut like Sora, Cloud, etc?
We've been mentioning third-parties for a while now. We just don't mention characters that will not make the cut, like Sora or Cloud. Sakurai - in an interview - mention, while developing Brawl, that they will only add third-party characters that have appeared in games released on a Nintendo console. Sora and Cloud do not fit that bill. Sora's only appearance on a Nintendo system - and by extension, Cloud Strife - was Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (I dunno about 358/2 Days, since I've yet to play it). The thing is, they were on handhelds rather than consoles. Sonic has appeared on Sonic games for Gamecube and Wii, while Snake appeared on the NES and Gamecube. So, unless Square-Enix start making Kingdom Hearts games or Final Fantasy VII/VII spin-offs starring Cloud for a Nintendo console, I really don't see either character being added to a Smash Bros. roster.

BrandonMcMillan

Smash Rookie
New characters are really needed to be in the next game.... if there will ever be one, really more playable characters so you can fight personally ^^ but of course ALL of the chars need a move set :/

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I'd welcome a Melee remake with added online, but SSB4 for the 3DS would be bittersweet for me. Smash is the kind of game I want to play on the big screen, so I'd rather Sakurai held off until the Wii 2 arrives.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
What part of my quote made you think that? When I meant we won't be talking about Melee's 10th anniversary in the months to come is because it isn't in the months to come, its a whole year from now. They made Pit the same quality as he was in Brawl, so of course the graphics should be good.
You were talking about Melee without saying anything about a possible remake. Whenever anyone else talks about a possible 3DS remake it's always 64. I just thought I'd throw the possibility of Melee out there if it's the tenth aniversary of it.

I highly doubt a new SSB will be on the 3DS.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Problem with 3DS is that then to play multiplayer you need 4 3DS'. And that would make for a very expensive multiplayer session.
Not exactly. They can do what Mario Kart DS, Diddy Kong Racing DS, and others do, and have the DS download play function, allowing guests to choose characters based on what is available to the host. It's not that hard a concept, to be honest.

Landry

Smash Ace
Double Dash>all. Track design was best and the sliding worked really well. The game just played so smoothly. Also, switching added some depth to the metagame. Time trials on Bowsers was the ****.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Not exactly. They can do what Mario Kart DS, Diddy Kong Racing DS, and others do, and have the DS download play function, allowing guests to choose characters based on what is available to the host. It's not that hard a concept, to be honest.
Well you pretty much ignored my point. You need 4 consoles to play multiplayer. That is a problem.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Does anybody remember the person who said that the neutral special of most characters was useless? I'm not focusing on that part of the person's post, I'm just mentioning that because that is what many people who read the comment remember that user by.

Anyway, in that comment the person said something interesting about SSB for the 3DS. Instead of it being a remake of 64's, what if the game mostly included handheld characters?

It could stand apart from the other entries not only because it's on a handheld, but because it's not a remake and at the same time not technically an SSB4. The console based characters probably won't be in the game while characters who frequently appear on handhelds would.

I'm fine with a 3DS Smash being a port of 64, but I thought that what this person said was a good idea as well.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Well you pretty much ignored my point. You need 4 consoles to play multiplayer. That is a problem.
Two handhelds or an internet connection.

Yes, consoles are better for this sort of thing, but come on, it's a Nintendo handheld. Not exactly a rare purchase, even within a single family.

God damn soldiviners posts hurt to read now

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Double Dash>all. Track design was best and the sliding worked really well. The game just played so smoothly. Also, switching added some depth to the metagame. Time trials on Bowsers was the ****.
Mario Kart is downright obnoxious and DD is the worst offender. It had 4 good tracks, one of which felt like a rip off of Diddy Kong Racing (Dino Dino Jungle) and another two were reccuring stages (Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road). I loved Rainbow Road but it wasn't Rainbow Ride and it wasn't enough to make up for the rest of that appalling game. Sliding worked so badly that it was easier to just not use it (drift turning on RR got you off the edge rather than helping you stay on) andI don't know what exactly you mean by "smoothly" but I certainly wouldn't descibe it like that.
I will admit though, that switching was neat.

"Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi, Birdo"

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
In MKDD, I picked many characters, but mostly Mario and Yoshi. You cannot beat the team from Super Mario World (even though I never played the game, sadly).

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Well the 3DS is pretty expensive. And I'm talking about 4 player classic Smash Bros.
Well if you're worried that multiplayer might not be so hot around launch, probably. That'd be true even without the high price tag.

But after a while there's gonna be a lot of people with a 3DS, even if it eventually requires a price cut or some similar push on Nintendo's part. They know how to sell handhelds to the point where finding people to play with shouldn't be difficult.*

*Depending on what kind of people you hang out with, of course.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
God damn soldiviners posts hurt to read now
Really? I've been using Magenta for a while now. Maybe you just haven't noticed until now? I have no problem reading any font... though I guess it's because my lappy has an HD screen. To make it easier on you, I'll use Pink, which happens to be the font I used for this post. XD

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Put these ppl in SSB4:

Megaman
Notes:
Neutral B: Leaf Shield (Can be fired)
Up+b: Top Spin
Down+b: Weapon Change (3 different weapons - Megabuster, Bubbles, and Metal Blades)
Side+b: Fire selected weapon.
Dash Attack: Slide Attack

The Lost Vikings
Notes:
These guys are bad@ss.
Switch (Warp Style) between them in the heat of battle (No forced switching).
Eric: Fast and Agile.
Olaf: Heavy and strong.
Baleog: Weapons Expert

Earthworm Jim
Notes:
Neutral B: Gun
Up+b: Head Spin
Down+b: Worm Trap - Works a as counter against GRABS only.
If ppl grab him during this pose, they get lured into EWJ's suit.
From here, Jim gets a special grab on the opponent, often resulting in good damage and even KOs.
Side+b: Worm Whip (Also works as a Tether Recovery)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@Z1GMA: Oh my goodness! That's the same idea I had for Megaman, except I would've made his Side B the Leaf Shield and his Standard B his selected weapon! X3

Also, The Lost Vikings were something I didn't see coming. I nearly forgot about them... actually, I did forget about them. But are they even Nintendo franchise characters? I forget, and even then, are they from a game company that has a close relationship with Nintendo (assuming they're third-party)? XD

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
About TLVs: I don't care. I just want them in the game.
Everyone who had a SNES also had TLVs 1 and 2.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
In MKDD, I picked many characters, but mostly Mario and Yoshi. You cannot beat the team from Super Mario World (even though I never played the game, sadly).
Yoshi is way better in games that don't involve Mario.

And on another topic, I had a dream where I was playing four way no time limit Brawl (WTF I don't play Brawl and I certainly don't play timeless 4way). While nothing seemed odd during the dream (it never does, no matter how senseless they get), I woke up and suddenly realised who the perfect character for me was. Unfortunately, Palmon isn't in the real game :(.

UberMario

Smash Master
Mario Kart is downright obnoxious and DD is the worst offender. It had 4 good tracks, one of which felt like a rip off of Diddy Kong Racing (Dino Dino Jungle) and another two were reccuring stages (Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road). I loved Rainbow Road but it wasn't Rainbow Ride and it wasn't enough to make up for the rest of that appalling game. Sliding worked so badly that it was easier to just not use it (drift turning on RR got you off the edge rather than helping you stay on) andI don't know what exactly you mean by "smoothly" but I certainly wouldn't descibe it like that.
I will admit though, that switching was neat.
While I do agree that the MKDD tracks are, in general, pretty linear and lack difficulty (the only one worse at that is MKWii, the Special Cup in that game is comparable with Mario Kart 64's Flower Cup), Mario Kart is usually not that obnoxious (except in MKWii). The slickness of the roads wasn't that bad (heck, Super Circuit's slickness was good too) and powersliding through those U-turns on Rainbow Road is NOT difficult, and not powersliding is a terrible idea in Mario Kart, even in Mario Kart 64, snaking was better than driving straight on a straightaway. The graphics in DD were ok, but what really upset me was that they cut objects in the multiplayer mode, which means that the lifesavers hanging in Daisy Cruiser (during 1-P only) were pretty much useless, as the AI does not interact with them off screen, and they swing forward before they can even hit anyone, so if you're up to speed, you won't be hit by them.

I'm also scared to find out why you think Palmon (the bipedal cactus digimon with a flower for hair) would be a good Smash character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom