• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Brawl wise, I'm merely an artifact here from the first few or so months of Brawl and pre-release hype. I post primarily in the Light House FG threads these days.

UberMario

Smash Master
I did post in the Melee boards a little, but I haven't really since, when I registered here, I was starting to play Melee less and 64/Brawl more. I did try to create a walkthrough for SSBM Adventure Mode on Very Hard, but, I stopped about 50% in after it fell off the first page. (Which isn't that hard to do since it only keeps threads posted within a month/three months, the others you have to go "out of your way" to see)

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Brawl wise, I'm merely an artifact here from the first few or so months of Brawl and pre-release hype. I post primarily in the Light House FG threads these days.
Amen. I remember back in the days when Brawl was so new and shiny... then I stopped coming on this site because I got bored. Now after two years, I came back to lurk around mostly because of the interesting prospects of hacking... I guess I'm just trying to re-capture the newness that the game had when it was released with custom stages and (glitchy) hacked characters.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now I'm starting to think I should download Smash 64 on my VC when I get home for Christmas.

On a separate note, has anyone noticed that people tend to compare different iterations of fighters by looking primarily at the technical aspect of it?

I see it between Melee and Brawl and 3rd Strike and Super IV.

Should I explain how I feel about it?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah, people tend to compare like that but I don't. All I know is that Soul Calibur 2 was the best SC game and Melee was the best Smash game, though 64 was a close second and good in a different way. I don't know why at all.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Yeah, people tend to compare like that but I don't. All I know is that Soul Calibur 2 was the best SC game and Melee was the best Smash game, though 64 was a close second and good in a different way. I don't know why at all.
I'll give you the answer : the game came out in the best console ever :laugh:

Now onto the part of being on-topic : if Sakurai is going to include the Megaman universe into Smash, there is a big chance that either Cutman or Gutsman makes a cameo appearence, at best being either bosses or playable (those robots are quite famous in the fandom).

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'll give you the answer : the game came out in the best console ever :laugh:
Which one? They were both awesome consoles IMO.

Now onto the part of being on-topic : if Sakurai is going to include the Megaman universe into Smash, there is a big chance that either Cutman or Gutsman makes a cameo appearence, at best being either bosses or playable (those robots are quite famous in the fandom).
Cutterangs as an item?

Also, I want gravity man's stage from NT.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
You mean turned to gold, of course.

Every now and then I wonder what B moves Mac would have and I assume he'd have the following:

Up B: Star Uppercut
Down B: Counter Punch
Standard B: Knockout Punch
Side B: some sort of Combo

But my imagination keeps leading me to basically replicate Marth's B moves.

Someone with creative juices a-flowin make some magic out of this while I make some dinner out of pizza.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Indeed. Too much randomness concerning items, you can get hit by at least 3 or 4 Lightnings in one race, and when you got hit by an explosion, your character waste precious time waving his/her arms. THIS IS NOT FLAILING ARM CONTEST, THIS IS A RACE FOR GOD'S SAKE ! :mad:

The best Mario Karts are the one on SNES, GBA and GameCube (though I also like Mario Kart 64, because of Wario's voice).

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The best Mario Karts... GameCube...
Double Dash is evil.

Final lap blue shell. Get knocked into the quicksand by the explosion. Can't escape so you get eaten by a piranha plant. Mess up your restart by holding A. Get hit by red shells from players 7 and 8 overtaking you. Yeah, your gonna have to do those last fourteen races again because YOU LOSE.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
The same thing happened about the Blue Shell... But it aimed the opponent.

Also, I got a glitch on the last lap at Rainbow's Road where a Blue Shell hits me at the first jump (right at the beginning). But for some reason, Lakitu didn't recovered me as he would normally do. Instead, he let me fall down for at least 45 seconds. I'm DEAD SERIOUS !

Result : I finished 7th, while the 8th was close to me =S

But the evilest Mario Kart would be the first one, wherever you got close to any character, they would use their special items (Peach and Toad having a Poison Mushroom which looked like a muffin when I played the game 15 years ago, Yoshi with his eggs...)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Do you speak japanese? Please tell me you do!
What? I don't speak Japanese and what does that have to do with SBK? I do know that there was PS1 release that was only in Japan, but that's it. I played the original 2 on the N64 and skipped SBK DS because of reviews and later because of they did to the characters (namely Nancy and Tommy).

Never had that problem in MK Wii, only in Double Dash.
Unlocking characters was a ***** because of them.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I was trying to get at that. If anyone can tell me how to save and load in that game I'll be forever in your debt!

Plussu, don't say remake, it's an "enhanced port". Nothing is changed, only added (they only took out a few pixels from the N64 logo on Slash's back even).

ryuu seika

Smash Master
What? I don't speak Japanese and what does that have to do with SBK? I do know that there was PS1 release that was only in Japan, but that's it. I played the original 2 on the N64 and skipped SBK DS because of reviews and later because of they did to the characters (namely Nancy and Tommy).
I'm looking for someone to explain the save/load system of SBK Plussu to me.
The DS game was nothing to do with the rest but it wasn't murder to the original like DKR DS atleast.

Unlocking characters was a ***** because of them.
It sure as hell was.

You mean "Purussu" ;)
They say Plussu.

EDIT: And can I just say now, I love you guys for suggesting the game to me in the first place. I loved SBK and replaying the whole thing with extras is a wonderful experiance for me.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
On Mario Kart Double Dash, first time I played the game : unlocked everything in 3 days.

The first time I was on DK Mountain, when I used the giant barrel cannon, my father said it was cute... Yeah right daddy, ride a rollercoaster and then dare say it's still cute :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I may not speak Japanese, but the katakana for Plus is Purassu I think. I mainly know katakana from years of lurking Youtube videos from Nico Nico Douga.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
If you like getting blue shelled every time you get in first.
You know, going from 1st to 12th is hilarious if you're playing the game with three other people in the room. Shouting and screaming and cussing and whatnot.

And this is kinda presumptuous of me, but I generally figure anyone who doesn't like random crap like that doesn't have anybody to play it with on a regular basis. Or more specifically, anyone who doesn't take it seriously.

wait a minute, you a-holes don't care about Mac? for shame

UberMario

Smash Master
And then everything turned into crap with MK Wii.
^This^

Mario Kart Wii is the only one I haven't completed because every time I go back to it, I get a 3-star run ruined by POW blocks that ruin my item strategy and a rain of spinies, and of course, the AI never gets hit by them, it's only right after I pass them that I get item combo'd (which is BS in Mario Kart, especially when it's just people firing items randomly and you just so happen to be there right when they use them)

MKDS da bess.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You mean turned to gold, of course.

Every now and then I wonder what B moves Mac would have and I assume he'd have the following:

Up B: Star Uppercut
Down B: Counter Punch
Standard B: Knockout Punch
Side B: some sort of Combo

But my imagination keeps leading me to basically replicate Marth's B moves.

Someone with creative juices a-flowin make some magic out of this while I make some dinner out of pizza.
He could also utilize moves from the opponents in Punch Out!! That might bring a little diversity, even if canonically it is not correct.

Off topic but I have been mulling the idea of beginning a Brawl custom music Youtube channel. I know there are others who already do this but it seems like more often they start doing weird garbage like anime themes or obscure games and movies. I want to strictly use Nintendo and select third party franchise music.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There was one guy that did that except he stopped after doing 200 for some reason.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I thought about the enemy moves thing but the notable ones all seem too unusual for him (stuff like Bull Charge, Magic Punch, or most of the SPO gimmicks). Seems weird for him to do all sorts of flashy stuff aside from the Star Punch.

Would this music channel be full of files available for download perchance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom