• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I'm against multiple same franchise 3rd parties. It wouldn't be a nintendo fighter anymore.

Knukles IMO would fit better as he would have a more unique moveset (we already have so many characters with multi-jumps).
I'm really really really tempted 2 throw out my Knuckles moveset again as this is encouraging me :/
And I know Tails would be a better 2nd char. from sonic 4 smash 4, but I like Knuckles more :]
Plus, Tails bein' 8 years old and all really made me lose respect for the fellow for some reason :/
Same for pkmn trainer :/ But he doesn't look 10,at least
don't get me wrong: Tails still kicks ***!
if sonic were to have full-roster, as in the max amount of fcharacters one franchise may be represented by (set my mario), it would prob. be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I just had an idea: what about new individual shields??? Like how yoshi has his egg shield why not give every character a shield of their own? Mario could have a star shaped shield, peach could have a heart shaped shield( or use her umbrella as her shield). Link could have a triforce shield (tlink would have a toon version). etc. It might be kinda cool....
Kirby's would be the same, since they came from a Kirby game didn't they? Weren't tehybased off of his impenatrable shield? and yea I've thought bout this before, but nice idea!

Hmm,,, I'm sure I'll get flamed BIG TIME for this but...
samus down special=actually BEING th morph ball... As in you switch to morph ball mode, and pressing any button other than B will cause you to lay a power bomb down...?

Is that a good idea... or no?

back to shields:
If Mewtw made it, his would be the same thing surrounding Mew...

Sonic's could be his magnet shield/shield orb thing..

Items:
Hey that gave me an idea.
Sonic's shield should be an item, it'll break after maybe one smash attack,as it isn't that powerful, but it protects you completely from harm. But, you still get sent flying back, but not far. Othewise, youcan be knocked off a stage still, but definately within recovering distance.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
^I'm not all for Tabuu, but you're not alone.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162985&page=98

If you scroll down there you can see that MarthTrinity did a swell job of making a Tabuu moveset... in the Make Your Move outcome, he came in 14th, and it was based on votes and such, so I think that a lot of people would agree with you.
Hey I posted my moveset for Knuckles on there and it was deleted :/
Is that thread over or something? Or did I not follow correct format or something?

Ilex

Smash Ace
LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME said:
Hmm,,, I'm sure I'll get flamed BIG TIME for this but...
samus down special=actually BEING th morph ball... As in you switch to morph ball mode, and pressing any button other than B will cause you to lay a power bomb down...?
I actually like that idea. Perhaps by pressing a direction you can determine where you fire the bomb?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I actually like that idea. Perhaps by pressing a direction you can determine where you fire the bomb?
Yes that would make sense!
The bombs would be a bit more powerful as well. But Samu wouldn't be able to abuse the move, since Samus has pretty much no recovery like this, besides the bomb jump, but that would not be as good as double jumping and th screw attack...!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME, you actually triple-posted just now. I hope you realize how totally bada** against the rules that is.

The Morph Ball thing seems like a good idea, but such a small, mobile target that can lay bombs all over the place just reeks of spam. And if she can become a Morph Ball, she'd be able to Bomb Jump, which means a skilled player could just run away to the top of the screen after landing one kill in a Time match, and win.

Also infinite recovery. Just leave it like it is (rolling and a special).

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Well you COULD limit the amount of bombs allowed at a time, like in Hunters--make her agile yea, powerful kinda, but maybe throw in the stale-moves effect, so it'd weaken over time--Samus wouldn't have many options like that, and it'd be better to sneak in attacks as the morph ball,and then switch back to reg. samus. If they made it so playstyle suited that, it'd be awesome!

about triple posting I know :/ I just noticd :/ Sorry! I haven't been to the thread n a while and was looking back across a few pages, and just forgot to use the edit :/

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I never thought one post would be able to change a thread so much. Anyway, Ness and Lucas' moveset was sound,Wolf and Falco were sound, and DK was sound. How 'bout we start talking Adventure Mode? EVERYONE was disappointed about it, so what changes should be made to that?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well you COULD limit the amount of bombs allowed at a time, like in Hunters--make her agile yea, powerful kinda, but maybe throw in the stale-moves effect, so it'd weaken over time--Samus wouldn't have many options like that, and it'd be better to sneak in attacks as the morph ball,and then switch back to reg. samus. If they made it so playstyle suited that, it'd be awesome!

about triple posting I know :/ I just noticd :/ Sorry! I haven't been to the thread n a while and was looking back across a few pages, and just forgot to use the edit :/
Even in Hunters, you can still Bomb Jump quite a few times (though not Super Metroid-level). Also, Stale Move Negation doesn't stop Snakes from DACUS'ing for entire matches, or Pits from arrow-spamming like mad.

Broken moves like that are still useful, even when the SMN has reduced them to it's maximum extent. Unless you change it so that SNM will totally negate a move's damage, I still don't like the idea.

And that still doesn't answer the problem of the Morph Ball being a small, mobile target. Withdraw works because you can't change direction, you can be flipped by being jumped on, and it ends automatically in time. The Morph Ball would have none of these limitations.

So...I'm just not sold on the thought.

darkserenade said:
How 'bout we start talking Adventure Mode? EVERYONE was disappointed about it, so what changes should be made to that?
My two cents:

They should leave 'Adventure Mode' out of SSB4 entirely. Expanded Classic, Event, and All-Star modes should cover the 1P modes.

There should then be a separate game, made by a different team (without Sakurai, specifically), that is a 1P-only game. No multiplayer. It doesn't even have to have the "Smash Bros." name on it. And again, it doesn't even have to be a 2D sidescrolling beat-em'-up. But it should capitalize on all the potential awesomeness that SSE failed to deliver.

Heck, it could be an RPG for all I care. Just as long as it's consistently enjoyable all the way through, has a solid story, and lets the Nintendo characters interact outside of cutscenes, not necessarily by fighting.

And Sakurai needs to stay really, really far away from the project. BEcause apparently, the only kind of adventure games he knows how to make are Kirby games. Also he has no idea how to direct a videogame plot that's more complicated than "OH NOES, A MOUSE STOLE KIRBY'S CAKE--GET IT BACK, OR KIRBY WON'T HAVE CAKE!".

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Hey I posted my moveset for Knuckles on there and it was deleted :/
Is that thread over or something? Or did I not follow correct format or something?
Uh... I'm not really sure. Take it up with GCM, I'm not too sure why yours was pulled out.
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy did a Knuckles moveset too..? I don't know. Check it again I don't know if it was deleted or not.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hmm well I'll post my Dogadon moveset I just made (see below)..

Anyways for Samus's morphball--I'm sure they could restrict it in some way, I mean only give it a few morph balls at a time so only a few bomb jumps can be pulled. Take away SOME of the manuverablility, maybe make it slow to turn around/change direction.. add all those things together and i think it could possibly work..

any takers on how 2 improve idea?

edit (used it this tiem ;D ):
This is faretched. I know. But I'm a huge fan of this boss, so here it is:
WARNING, CHALLENGER APPROACING:
Dogadon

Yep, that's right, Dogadon! My favorite DK64 Boss, excluding King Kut-Out, who is out-of-the-quesiont even more so than Dog here :/
Note: This is MY thought about what it'd be like to have Doggy here in Smash, and I know it won't happen....

abilities:
glide--yes
multi-jump--yes
wall-jump--no
wall-cling--debatable, but for now--no
footstool--Yea, duh..

Specials
Neutral Special--Hot Hail Spit (wanted 2 give a unique name cuz he deserves it TOTALLY)
-Dogadon's only real move... It may seem slow, but if you rapadly continue pressingB, it'll pick up speed, tilt the control stick up or down while he is leaning back to aim where the fireball will go. The way this move works is: dogadon leans back, and then shoots forward, spitting a flaming rock at his opponent. In DK64, this got quite annoying, and would pick up speed and even begin leading you on as the match progressed... Each fire ball, in smash, would do around 15% damage. A good, sturdy (very sturdy) hit. ANd, it picks up speed. The % is debatable, perhaps succeptible to the stale-move system.

Side Special--Ember Gate
-this is an unnavoidable move in DK64. Well, unavoidable unless you actually leap off the stage to get around it (something I dind't know about until I myself watched the video i will later include). The way this move works is that Dogadon inhales momentarily, and then exhales a HUUUGE wall of flames, that completely blocks his foes path. In smash, this would work the same, except the flames would be about Mario...no, Luigi's (big difference) height, and would work it's way to the end of the stage, but lose height and powe over time. It acts kinda like Lucas's PK Fire, but with less knockback, and more damage. Like a cross between Ness's and Lucas's PK Fire.. It would deal 25% damage total, but that's if you let the fire push you until it disapeared.

Down Special--Stage Sinker
-Yea--Dogadon actually has the power of Devil (AT)--to sink the stage. Once he does this move, the stage begins to shrink a bit, allowing for easier bottom KO's. Te move does no physical damage, but gives Dogadon a sligh advantage over most sine he has an excellent recovery system going for him. After the stage shrinks to much, it'll springback up, leaving whoever is down there to fall to the abyss. In water stages, the water will flood the arena, causing problems for all! dogadon leaps on the ground a few times to cause this.

Up special--Honestly I'm at a loss :'( Sorry Doggy ole' pal! Don't worry Nintendo can bull **** this movie like they did for some of the others :].
--Bull ****
-Nintendo creates a completely random move that does fit his character, and he potentially pawns with it.

--Fire Leap
-Oh shoot after thinking up of one of the smash attacks, I thought of this. He just spirals upward kinda like Charizard/Wario, flames in his mouth, chest, and palms. Just like when he recovers from a lava pit :].

Standards
A--Dogadon swats with his right hand 3-4%
AA--Dogadon swats and then back-hands with righthand 3-5%
AAA--Following the backhand, dogadon bites with his... der, mouth 3-6%

ForwardTilt--Dogadon takes a bite >:] 12%
Foward Smash--Dogadon throws his head back, then leads forward, with a cloud of flams forming at his open mouth 13-28% (looong charging time) Awesome knock back when fully charged
DTilt--Dogadon trips his foes with his tail 8%
Down Smash--dogadon spins in a cirlce quickly while blowing fire at his feet 14-27%
UTilt--Dogadon buzzes his wings, sending his opponent to the back of him 12-19% Has practiclly no killing potential
Upward Smash--Dogadon stabs the air above him with is tail 14-25%

Nair--Dogadon goes ablaze for a moment, then is extinguished 12-16%
Fair--Dogadon slashes with fire alight in his right palm 15%
Dair--Dogadons soles go ablaze as he falls downward. He does no attacking animation, as long as he is still airborn, if anyone touches his feet, they will feel the burn 11-16%
Bair--Dogadon's tail burns as he swings it slowly behind him

Final Smash--Putrid Pool
-Dogadon causes lava to flow up from the bottom boundary, and once again causes the stage to begin sinking, only this time, he grows huge, retaining his natural size. He beats the living daylights out of his attackers, and once the stage is fully submerged in laval (lava sucks opponents to bottom boundary rater thn spitting them back out), it shoots back up to its original placing, and Dogadon shrinks down to Smash-suitable size

Taunts
UTaunt--Dogadon snickers while holding his head with one haand, and pointing at the camera with the other

SideTaunt--Dogadon goes ablaze, then spins quickly to put the fire out

DTaunt--Dogadon drops his arms to his sides, tilts his head back, and a ball of fire forms in his mouth. Then he shakes his head to make the flame dissipate

Poses
Winning Pose 1--Dogadon Laughs some more
Winning Pose 2--Dogadon blows the ember gate at the camera, then spins around engulfed in flames
Winning Pose 3--Dogadon does a backloop in the air before flyingaway chuckling once again

Losing Pose--Dogadon, whit his back partilly turned, is pouting, and slams on the ground, afterwhich a small pool of lava encircles his feet, which he soon sinks into, waving a vengeful fist before being completely submerged

ENTRACE--Dogadon climbs up onto the stage from the background, jumps into the air, flutters for a moment, and then lands in a ready stance.

My last words:

DOGADON RULES AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS! DOGADON FOR SMASH 4!!! :chuckle:

and also,here are a few vids to show you Dogadoon in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHBkeOmkqu4- boss vid 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOjs2FY3T54 boss vid 1

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They should leave 'Adventure Mode' out of SSB4 entirely. Expanded Classic, Event, and All-Star modes should cover the 1P modes.
I think Adventure Mode should be in SSB4. However, I think it should be on a separate disc. After all, we would have had more content if wasn't for the SSE which took more than half of the dual layered disc..

There should then be a separate game, made by a different team (without Sakurai, specifically), that is a 1P-only game. No multiplayer. It doesn't even have to have the "Smash Bros." name on it. And again, it doesn't even have to be a 2D sidescrolling beat-em'-up. But it should capitalize on all the potential awesomeness that SSE failed to deliver.

Heck, it could be an RPG for all I care. Just as long as it's consistently enjoyable all the way through, has a solid story, and lets the Nintendo characters interact outside of cutscenes, not necessarily by fighting.
As for it not having the Smash Bros. name, I think it should or we might end up with an original protagonist like Kingdom Hearts, but in a potentially bad way.

I think that the game should be something like an action RPG which will get less repetitive than the SSE. As for interacting with out characters outside of cutscenes, I'm all for it just as long as they have the characters talk in it. Besides, only Mario, Luigi (to an extent compared to Mario), both Links, Ness, Lucas (to an extent), and the Kongs are really the only characters that don't talk. Since every game is different regarding voice acting, I think it should be kept that way here as well, emphasizing the crossover.

And Sakurai needs to stay really, really far away from the project. BEcause apparently, the only kind of adventure games he knows how to make are Kirby games. Also he has no idea how to direct a videogame plot that's more complicated than "OH NOES, A MOUSE STOLE KIRBY'S CAKE--GET IT BACK, OR KIRBY WON'T HAVE CAKE!".
I agree with this. If anything, leave him to gameplay aspects but don't Kirby it up.

What do you guys think is more important for the next Adventure Mode, enemies from the original Nintendo games, or worlds based on the games? Note, you can only pick one.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Characters like Mario and Link deserve some moves that are more faithful to the games. It would add a nice touch if mario's nair was his midair kick from Mario 64, or if Link used his jump slash. Plus, I was disappointed to see in brawl that of all the old characters that weren't clones, about 2 moves had been changed (game and watch's tropical fish and mario's fludd). The characters should evolve rather than have the same moveset every game. And a good way to do this would be to make the moves have a more nostalgic quality.

And there should be some sort of adventure mode. One that focuses more on gameplay than cutscenes.

What do you all think of the idea of each character having their own storyline?

Neb

Smash Lord
Characters like Mario and Link deserve some moves that are more faithful to the games. It would add a nice touch if mario's nair was his midair kick from Mario 64, or if Link used his jump slash. Plus, I was disappointed to see in brawl that of all the old characters that weren't clones, about 2 moves had been changed (game and watch's tropical fish and mario's fludd). The characters should evolve rather than have the same moveset every game. And a good way to do this would be to make the moves have a more nostalgic quality.

And there should be some sort of adventure mode. One that focuses more on gameplay than cutscenes.

Yeah, I made a G&W moveset, but I think it was ignored, :(.
But speaking of Mario, his dair should be his ground-pound, its featured in most of his games.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

It's strange now that you mention it. Most movesets in the SSB series aren't as faithful as they should be. I mean, Samus has never fired lasers or weapons that are blue except for ice beams.

As for characters evolving, I like this more rather than seeing their same moves from before get neutered.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
KumaOso... You read my mind! About the way each character is narrated/speaking.
Like... a narration could be for some, like mario, a page-flipping for Yoshi, text bubbles for DK, A screen at the bottom for our RPG friends (i.e. pokemon trainer, ness, etc.), words for Link, voice acting for Sonic... if tey can get it to sound ok--Sonic's voice in smash wasn't all that bad...

Oh yea, and don't forget the bad *** opening movie. I think it should be comepletely separate from the Smash 4 game, as in a different, 3D playstyle, but should be parallel to smash 4, as in it will have smash 4's (im just going 2 refer to it as 4 from now on) characters, items, etc.s..

and yea, each characte with their own story line would be, well... awesome!!! Hmm I'm going to list 'areas/zones/worlds' that I would like to be in the game, and give a short detail of their description. Note: i hope the subspace returns, in the right hands, the primid and Tabuu (especially) could shine!

1) Princess Peach's Castle
--The one from Mario 64!!!
(First let me explain what I'm thinking. Either A, everyone starts from the same location and plays the same game, but with there character, OR, each character starts out somewhere different and plays a separate game...)

Starting Characters: Mario (walking out of the castle), Yoshi (on top of roof)
Description: The way i look at the castle, is that I see it as kinda the 'overworld'. Karts fly by on the dirt road just in front of the castle, stray golf balls might snag you if you are in range (on the green!), and what not. In Peach's castle, all of the paintings are disabled, but certain events happen which allow you to trave to different areas/access different worlds.
(I believe every level should have a few bosses, possibly

2) Whispy Woods
--Can you guess who a potential boss here would be???
Starting Characters: Kirby (waking up from a nap)
Description: A wooded area with the forest theme booming about, complete with a cannon in the middle of a clearing. The cannon's fuse is REALLY long, and once you light it, the cannon will go off before you even reach halfway back to it--looks like a characte a bit faster than Kirby is needed.....SkjkkjkjkjjkjOkjkjkjkjkjkjkNjkjkkkjkjk I kjkjkjkjkC.

Hmm that's al I'm gonna post now :p Someone else add there own levels!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Dogadon in SSB4...? I doubt that, since he was only in DK64, and only appeared twice. 3 if you count cutscenes. PLUS, K. Rool would most likely make it in before him, and I don't think DK needs 4 reps. I think 3 for most series is perfectly reasonable.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Yeah, I made a G&W moveset, but I think it was ignored, :(.
But speaking of Mario, his dair should be his ground-pound, its featured in most of his games.
I made a 9-volt moveset, but it was completely forgotten. *sigh* I guess they don't see how kool 9-volt is. he's actually able to have a moveset, unlike people like ridley or Mona.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Dogadon in SSB4...? I doubt that, since he was only in DK64, and only appeared twice. 3 if you count cutscenes. PLUS, K. Rool would most likely make it in before him, and I don't think DK needs 4 reps. I think 3 for most series is perfectly reasonable.
Oh I know that, I had just made a fan moveset :] and wanted to know what people thought of it!

Neb

Smash Lord
Mr. Game & Watch RETURNS!

|SPECIALS
· Standard Special (CHEF)
Similar to its other appearances, chef is back, though this time, foods may reach farther, still at random ranges. Fish is the rarest food that appears, sorta like Peach plucking a bom-omb, though when it does make an occurrence, the cat from the classic mini-game will chase after it, its entire trajectory. Any opponent coming in contact with the feline receives a claw lashing, a total of 25%.

· Side Special Move (JUDGE)
Nothing new for the most part, GaW pulls out a Hammer, flailing a numbered banner, depending on the numeric, a certain effect surrounds the hitbox of the mallet.

1. Attack strength: 2%. An attack that won’t even cause your opponent to flinch.
2. Attack strength: 4%. A slashing attack that launches opponents diagonally.
3. Attack strength: 6%. A weak attack that lifts opponents off the ground and into the hammers hitbox with a gust of wind.
4. Attack strength: 8%. An attack with a rocky crash that slams foes into the ground up to there head.
5. Attack strength: 4%x3. Three electrical charges zap the opponent.
6. Attack strength: 12%. A flame attack with great knock-back.
7. Attack strength: 14%. A food item will also appear in honor of the lucky #7.
8. Attack strength: 9%. An attack that freezes foes. Take advantage of the opening to attack again.
9. Attack strength: 32%. A massive attack. The opponent will be launched as if hit with the Home-run Bat!

· Up Special Move (FIRE)
Nothing new here with the exception of one thing, if G&W cancels the parachute animation and there is no solid ground below him, the ambulance from the original game will appear with a fading siren, and a flat nurse will grab for Game & Watch from out of the back doors, pull him in, and fall into the KO zone! Anyone hit by the ambulance do 30% and will be spiked. But since the vehicle falls so quickly, its a very rare hit. The ambulance can be destroyed with anything stronger than 30% damage.

· Down Special Move (OIL PANIC)
Same old, nothing too new. Although if G&W tries to bucket a projectile not made of energy, he will experience a laggy animation where he is scolded by his boss, experiencing 12%. You can now angle a fully charged bucket completely vertical, or horizontal. Also, if the attacks he absorbed are too weak, Oil Panic will drip to the floor as an Oil Slick that opponents can slip on.

· Final Smash (OCTOPUS)
Exactly the same.

|Ground Attacks
· Standard A (GREENHOUSE)
G&W pumps pesticide that rather than doing physical damage like previously, now has a poison effect that stuns for an instant, doing 1-3 damage until retreating. Said poison last for a few seconds after escaping, similar to a White Pikmin, though the chemicals are a olive green. The quicker you press the jab button, the bigger the plume gets, to about the size of a party ball. Pump has to recharge if all the fluids are used up, think Bowsers fire-breath. 1-5%

· Side Tilt (Mario Bros.)
Game & Watch pivots, and is passed a package from a conveyor belt. In a quick flash he grabs the box and slams it across an opponents body with the same animation from the game. Every once in a while, items Smash Bros. will be in the package and eject on a sweetspot.

· Upward Tilt (PUNCH OUT!!)
From the Game & Watch version of Punch Out, G&W slips on a squared-off boxing glove and delivers a crushing uppercut. 5%

· Down Tilt (MANHOLE)
Combining both Melee and Brawl's version, the Manhole returns with two new hitboxes. The center flips foes at a perfect vertical while the tipper sends them horizontal. The tipper can stage spike a ledge-bound foe. 6%

· Dash Attack (SAFEBUSTER)
Game & Watch is running with three bombs set by "Wily Bomber", while running he trips, and the explosives ignite in 2 seconds, just enough time to make a getaway. This move is handy for edge-guarding and can be thrown off-stage. Each bomb does 15%

· Forward Smash (FIRE ATTACK)
Same.

· Down Smash (VERMIN)
Exactly like Brawl's.

· Up Smash (SCUBA HELMET)
Same.

|Aerials
· Neutral Aerial (TROPICAL FISH)
Same as Brawl.

· Upward Aerial (SPITBALL SPARKY)
Similar to Brawls, the new version has the wind effect, though it can be reversed, and charged, to suck in opponents. When charged (Does so automatically, like Wario's Waft), G&W may spit a black sphere vertically, that can be juggled until falling, and bounces off walls. Does 8% with each hit from the ball.

· Forward Aerial (ZELDA)
G&W lunges forth with LCD's lining his path, and slashes with a flat sword, sending the foe vertical with a tipper, and horizontal at the girth. IASA frames with zero cool-down. 14%

· Back Aerial (TURTLE BRIDGE)
Game & Watch attacks with a raging snapping turtle, having ridiculously disjointed hitboxes. 15-16%

· Downward Aerial (DONKEY KONG JR.)
G&W comes down with a Key. Same as Brawl.

|Grab Game
Same (Ball).

|Characteristics
· Speed: Moderate
· Jump: Floaty
· Weight: Featherweight
· Recovery: Great

Crawl: Yes
Wall Jump: No

|Entry
Same. Appears after following a pattern of LCD's.

|Colors
· Black
· Green
· Yellow
· Blue
· Cyan
· Red
· Orange
· Purple
· Gold
· Silver
· White

Haha, 9-volt? Re-post it.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Luvtoy, I'm not getting down on you or your movesets but you should save Dogadon for MYM 3.0.

Good idea with Whispy Woods.

Nayib_x3

Smash Cadet
K-Rool? Failyerzz.

Veggi

Smash Champion
K-Rool? Failyerzz.
K. Rool is the best DK rep for the next game. Main>Sidekick>Villian That seems like the best choice, plus he's the 3rd most important character arguably.

@Neb

I like the G&W moveset, I only had G&W Gallery for the Gameboy. So I don't know much about him, but he actually had my favorite moveset in Smash Bros., the one you have sounds more fun though.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Ok, new worlds!

3)Forgotten battlefield
--Basically the area of the SSE where marth is and wht not--it's the Fire Emblem stage!
Starting Characters: Ike, Marth, Toon Link
Description: In the catle dungeon, a mysterious realm awaits. It's a small section of Subspace. Within this other realm are links to other eras of time. This is how Ike and Marth are in the same timeline to gether, Marth stumbled into the strange mass of subspac, and emerged into the future.
The castle is infested with Primid, and Space Pirates have littered the dungeon with several Metroid's, in order to protect the entrance to subspace... No character currently playabe can take on these creatures, so it's probably best to come back with a certain feminine warrior at the ready...
Outside the castle is the field of olden arrows, littered across the land. An army of Primid lurks beneath the Sand, as do ReDeads that Ganondorf has reanimated specifically to keep anyone trying to escape the castle at bay. Baby Bowser can be found at the top of the castle, but retreats after you defeat him. He attacks by summoning and riding a green monster (think Yoshi's story), and primid and bomb-primid attack you. You grapple and throw the bomb-primid at BB....

4)Green Hill Zone
--You start in front of a checkpoint, and watch as Sonic zooms past. Your first objection: Catch the speed of sound. Only a select few are capable to do this, and one is here to do her job.
Starting character: Samus-THEN, Sonic, Luigi
Description: After using the mach boost er whatever to catch Sonic, you enlist his help. Luigi awaits your return back at the first checkpoint, and then you are free to explore the green hills. If you can hit the star switch, and make it to teh end of the course before the wall closes, you'l reach a mysterious vase.... once again, thnk Yoshi's story/SUBCON....

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
KumaOso said:
I think Adventure Mode should be in SSB4. However, I think it should be on a separate disc. After all, we would have had more content if wasn't for the SSE which took more than half of the dual layered disc.
That's...a really foreign concept. The most similar case I can think of Perfect Dark, which required an Expansion Pak to play the Campaign.

Maybe there are some PC titles that work that way too, but for the life of me I don't think a console game has ever split it's multiplayer and single-player modes between discs.

Not saying it wouldn't work, but there's no precedent for it, so by default, it's pretty unlikely.

As for it not having the Smash Bros. name, I think it should or we might end up with an original protagonist like Kingdom Hearts, but in a potentially bad way.
I say to keep the Smash Bros. out of the title, because I can imagine the public outcry when the next Super Smash Bros. game--perhaps the most revered multiplayer franchise in all of gaming--has no multiplayer in it.

This would go double for the "uneducated" masses who are the driving force behind Smash's amazing sales.

As for the original character...well, there's always Miis.....:lick:

I think that the game should be something like an action RPG which will get less repetitive than the SSE. As for interacting with out characters outside of cutscenes, I'm all for it just as long as they have the characters talk in it. Besides, only Mario, Luigi (to an extent compared to Mario), both Links, Ness, Lucas (to an extent), and the Kongs are really the only characters that don't talk. Since every game is different regarding voice acting, I think it should be kept that way here as well, emphasizing the crossover.
Well, Mario and Link wouldn't be just hanging around in the Hub world anyway--they're the big heroes, always busy saving the world and such! But cowardly Luigi would almost always be hanging around there, mingling with the other second-string characters.

And yeah, I prefer the idea of a 3D action RPG rather than a sidescroller. If they keep the whole "trophy" mechanic, then they could keep the stickers too. In fact, running with my Mii idea...

You (your Mii) collect trophies of different Nintendo characters. In the hub world, you can choose which characters to take with you into the next area (with a maximum of four), and attach stickers to their trophy bases to level them up and such.

That actually sounds alot like Persona. Which is a good thin. Now give us a simple, real-time battle system with lots of variable depth (Kingdom Hearts-style Reaction Commands, for example), and you have a winner.

What do you guys think is more important for the next Adventure Mode, enemies from the original Nintendo games, or worlds based on the games? Note, you can only pick one.
Levels. There were really no world-specific stages in Brawl's Adventure Mode. I think the world-specific enemies could use some upgrades, but there were a decent amount of them, especially when you consider that the story revolved around the world threatened by other-worldly enemies.

If the new story doesn't involve a third-party (the Subspace Army) antagonist, then the number of world-specific enemies would by necessity have to increase.

KumaOso said:
or if Link used his jump slash.
Totally not related, but am I the only one who always referred to this as the "Double Damage Jump Attack"? I've never called it anything else, but...maybe I'm just weird?

The characters should evolve rather than have the same moveset every game. And a good way to do this would be to make the moves have a more nostalgic quality.
This never happens in any videogame ever. Characters do evolve, but they're not going to get a totally new set of special moves with each new game.

I mean, there are clear differences between Melee-Mario and Brawl-Mario. Even a special was changed (even if it was a bad change).

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
A new world:

5) Pal Park
--Based in Sinnoh (I think), the Pal Park has all types of pokemon in it, as it is the place Trainers new to Sinnog go to import their pokemon from foreign countries.
Starting Character(s): Pokemon Trainer, Pikachu, Jigglypuff
Description: This has a few different areas to explore, wild pokemon appearing in all of them. tehya are the forest, mountain, pond, ocean, and grassland areas. All types of pokemon are found in these areas, and it is up to Pokemon Trainer to catch the five he has imported from Jhoto. In the grass land area, you'll find Jigglypuff, charizard and ivysaur, in the forest area, you'll find Pikachu, and in the pond area you'll find Squirtle. Pokemon Trainer doesn't need to battle these pokemon to catch them. If you encounter one, just talk to it, and Pkmn Trainer will toss a pokeball, capturing them. After you catch all the pokemon (Pikachu and Jigglypuff are eating out of a poffin box in the park), Giovanni appears out of a time-warp created by a mysterious black hedgehog accompanying him. Giovanni shows a Subspace General all the rare pokemon that can be obtained through the pal park, and the army attacks. Pikachu and Jigglypuff get separeted within the pal park while Pokemon Trainer is obducted by Giovanni. In the mountanious region, up the mountain lies a warp star, but no one so far is able to scale the mountain... What could? Maybe a Red echidna of sorts... In the ocean section, a menacing Tentacruel guards a green warp pipe, but a large boulder rests atop its entrance...

----------------
I think the game should be played with a kingdom hearts-style play.
I think a damage and health system should be implemented.
Damage starts as zero, health as, say, 100. as damage increases, you get thrown and jossled more by attacks, where as when your health decreases to zero, you are DEAAAAD!

Roihu

Smash Ace
A new world:

5) Pal Park
--Based in Sinnoh (I think), the Pal Park has all types of pokemon in it, as it is the place Trainers new to Sinnog go to import their pokemon from foreign countries.

----------------
I think the game should be played with a kingdom hearts-style play.
I think a damage and health system should be implemented.
Damage starts as zero, health as, say, 100. as damage increases, you get thrown and jossled more by attacks, where as when your health decreases to zero, you are DEAAAAD!
No, maybe, and no.
While Pal Park is nice, it's not a storyline based place, or a place that has any actual importance. (Well, it may, but most people just prefer to train their new Pokemon on their D/P) Plus, it would look just like a regular park and doesn't have anything attracting.

I think you mentioning Kingdom Hearts made me hate the idea, but since it's not originally from KH, I guess it could work. What the SSE/1-player mode needs is creativity. Beat 'em up isn't that popular anymore.

And as for the health, I am completely against that idea. The percentage is SSB's trademark. Plus, the enemies would be able to KO you easily, seeing as how in SSE you sometimes can go up to 200% or more without dieing.

Floopty

Smash Rookie
heres some ideas for a new stage builder
1.)More space (dont you hate it when you only need one more block to complete it and you used all of the space already)
2.)Being able to test it with any character
3.)spikes that point down
4.)ice ramps
5.)to edit #3, ROTATEABLE ITEMS
6.)ability to create moving stages like mushroomy kingdom or the DK jungle level
7.)wind ducts that blow out air :)
8.)and ultra large stage size
9.)MORE BACKGROUND OPTIONS please ^^
10.)ESCALATORS!!!1

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I only said kingdom Hearts to reference to playstyle. I am myself completely against the idea of involving Kingdom Hearts. Boo that! anyways, I just thought of Pal Park because it seemed like a good way to introduce a lot of different species of pokemon (them being wild, as enemies.).

hmmm maybe Pokemon Islnd from Pokemon snap? But of course that's huge and yet doens' thave a huuge story line. Hmm I think a few places from the pokemon world should be available for visit, but wild pokemon should be everywhere, as well as some enemies using them against you. But how did you feel about my previous world ideas?

Floopty

Smash Rookie
Im one of those guys who thinks that having master hand in the game would be l33t so much so in fact that i created an almost entire moveset for him from "scratch", Enjoy. :)

Name of Character: Master Hand

Game of Origin: Super Smash Brothers

Symbol: Super Smash Brothers Icon

Size: Bowser
Weight: Samus
Speed: slightly slower than R.O.B.
Power: Ganondorf

Walk: floats foward and can crawl while crouching
Dash: Floats faster

Jump: crouches then jumps
Double Jump: flips back and goes higher

Dodge: Master Hand flips up showing his palm to the crowd
Roll Dodge: 360 spin back/foward
Air Dodge: same as dodge but in mid air

A: master hand slaps his opponent
AA: master hand backslaps his opponent
AAA: master hand punches his opponent

Dash A: master hand lunges foward at his opponent

Getting off of a ledge: master hand pulls himself up(simple)
Getting off of a ledge dodge: master hand pulls himself up and rolls back
Getting off of ledge attack: master hand puls himself up and swats foward
Getting off of ledge attack over 100%: master hand gets up and punches foward

Getting up off ground attack: while on his "back" master hand flips upright causing damage to others

Side Tilt: master hand pushes his enemy back with his palm causing no damage(like a sudden water attack)
Up Tilt: master hand pushes up with his finger tips
Down Tilt: master hand lies flat and pushes foward

Air Neutral: master hand back flips
Air Front: master hand slaps foward
Air Back: master hand smacks his hand back
Air Up: master hand points up
Air Down: master hand points down

Side Smash: master hand curls his index finger into his thumb and flicks
Up Smash: master hand turns into a fist and punches upwards
Down Smash: master hand lies flat and spins a number of times

Neutral B: master hand turns into a finger gun and fires
Side B: like bowsers fire, master hands fingers shoot out lasers at the ground that decrease in power as time goes by
Up B: master hand intwines his index and middle finger and spins upwards (like wario or like samus)
Down B: master hand goes up slightly(not very far up) and gives you 2 seconds to control your direction and punches down with and explosion where he lands

Grab: master hand reaches foward and grabs his opponent with their head and right arm sticking out
Grab A: master hand crunches his opponent in his fist
Forward/Backwards Throw: master hand just throws you in the indicated direction
Up Throw: master hand simply throws you up slightly and then slaps you up higher
Down Throw: master hand flips back with you in his hand and slams you down(like bowsers side B)

Origional costume: traditional white glove
Alternate colors/costumes 1: grey glove
Alternate colors/costumes 2: white with big red polkadots
Alternate colors/costumes 3: green glove
Alternate colors/costumes 4: blue glove

Kirby hat: Kirby has a glove on his head like a hat that fires out the bullets

Up Taunt: master hand flashes the peace sign
Side Taunt: master hand has a sezuire on the floor and does his laugh
Down Taunt: master hand gets on 2 fingers and does the can-can

Final Smash: Time stops as crazy hand appears in front of master hand, then master hand grabs who ever is infront of him (1-3 people) and then throws them into the air. Once in the Air Master hand and crazy hand appear on each side of the arena(close ups on each of them forming into a fist) then they punch fists together where the other players are turning them into ice or hitting them with a fire, electric or dark attack(ice is more rare)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
first, yes i misunderstood the naval thing. still, the air units in FE have to come down to attack. in AW, many higher flying aircrafts such as bombers and fighters can only be touched by two ground units and one naval unit.

even though i like Mona better then Ashley, and pretty much has a bigger part then Ashley, I have to admit Mona really couldn't have a good moveset. at least Ashley has witchcraft. though I think 9-volt would work out for SSB4. he could be a faster but weaker clone of Wario.

Challenger approaching, 9-volt!

9-volt: 9-volt is a genius elementary school kid in Wario Ware. He's one of Wario's friends (I bet Wario ***** him lololol) who works on his games with him. He's addicted to video games, mostly old Nintendo games but also some new Nintendo games. He also is a DJ, which he also does for fun on his spare time. In Wario Ware Twisted! (the second game) he meats someone called 18-volt, and they become best friends. 18-volt has a boombox and loves music, mostly newer music as opposed to 9-volt, but also shares a love for video games. he's also like twice the size of 9-volt even though he's in 9-volts class.

specials

side-B:

his scateboard. it would have similar affects to wario's bike, but would go faster but not as much damage. rather then doing a wheelie, he can lean his board up a little, but it won't be as high.

up-B: I'm thinking tornado would boost him up. this is kinda like Links boomerang, or maybe like the wind waker. it would twist the enemy like Wario's. for a more classic aproach, it could be a high jump with his fist up, hitting a block and getting a coin. it wouldn't twist the enemy, but it would lead them up until when he gets the coin. keep in mind that5 there won't be any more close clones, only slightly similar ones.

down-B: this will be much different from the waft. he'll take out 18-volt's boombox and you'll see sound waves around him. he may go up a little, but not as much.

neutral B: i don't know about this exactly, though I'm think it would just be like a grab except it can also go in air. it may be like a combination of diddy kongs and wario's nuetral B.

tilts

nuetral A: jabs

side A: a longer punch (like wario's)

down A: instantly takes out a record and stabs downward. pops them upward.

up A: shoots his hands in the air, holding the wii-mote and numchuck.

Smashes

Forward Smash: swings the wii tennis racket. Or the Ping-Pong looking racket in the old tennis games.

Down Smash: Kind of like Wario's down smash, except makes it look more like break dancing.

Up Smash: the bulbs on his helmet explode, sending the enemy upward.

Airs

Nair: does a skydiving looking attack like wario or DDD, except has a balloon rider bubble above him. it could also be a parachute from the game parachute on the G&W, assuming G&W isn't in SSB4. i don't think he will be.

Fair: swings the 2-D master sword.

Dair: rotates upside-down, just like wario

Bair: headbutts like wario

Misc.

toadstoal jump: bounces off with his fist above his head like the classic mario.

taunts: up taunt is a jumping jack, side taunt is swinging the wiimote like a sword, and down taunt is sitting down and playing DS.

Final Smash: I'm thinking either turning 2-D and very big. he'd be invincible, and like Wario-Man and retain his moves but they would have slightly different affects.
here's my 9-volt moveset, quoted on request.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Maybe a tales battle system would work better than a Kingdom hearts battle system. Both would be great, but near impossible.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
K. Rool is just a really awesome kickass character. DK doesn't really deserve 3 reps since it's not a popular series anymore but ****, he's just to cool.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
i love smash bros
and i have lotsa wanted newcomers8xD
these are my plausible ones XD
most plausible

*images*

tell me your ideas
why yes or no
*Pachirisu: Nope. I think that we have enough electric rodents if Pichu returns.
*Birdo: Assist Trophy.
*Funky Kong: Assist Trophy. You do realize that Funky dislikes adventuring, right?
*Gyroid: I was never a big Animal Crossing fan. Maybe a stage character, but not playable.
*The Masked Boy (AKA Claus): Lucas has a color swap to make him look like his brother. Sorry, but I'm not too familiar with the EarthBound / Mother series.
*Rosalina: She'd work quite well as a fighter. A plus from me.
*Dimentio: Never really cared for the Paper Mario series.
*General Pepper: Heck no. He's too old to be brawling, let alone flying his own cruiser.
*Meowth: I think the Poke Ball works best for it.
*Meta Knight's soldiers: No to all of them. They could be Assist Trophies, but besides that, no dice. Meta Knight is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom