• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If MM Battle Network gets one song that represents it, it should be that main theme from BN2 and 3.

Here's a remixed version of it for the secret area in BN 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jwLdtJc1jo
You are probably right on that one, the main theme is pretty iconic. I was having a difficult time trying to figure out which was more popular, the main theme or the BN3 Navi 2 fight music. I had assumed the latter so I chose that.

So if Classic Megaman was included lets say we get 12-15 Classic Tracks, one Megaman X, one Battle Network, and one Legends. Sound good? I will probably make a complete music list in a bit.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You're not chiming in because you're not actually bringing anything to the discussion of what SE would do. Your first post was just "doesn't matter what Square-Enix says, Sakurai won't allow it." And you're not saying which characters Sakurai wouldn't allow, just the fact that Sakurai would turn them down immediately. Worse, it's all entirely based off of your whole "I know who Sakurai would accept because I know how Japan works" spiel.

It makes as much sense as me going "who would win, Ali or Tyson?" and you come in with "doesn't matter, God calls all the shots and they're both going to Hell when they die."
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/chiming+in
1. To interrupt the speech of others, especially with an unwanted opinion.
2. To join in harmoniously.

Basically, you come into a discussion. I chimmed in whether you like it or not. You don't have to be uppity about that.

Also, here is my first post.
The problem is it would never be what Square Enix wants, but what Sakurai wants. Snake was added because a friend of his asked for it. Sonic was added because everyone wanted him. Neither instance has him going to the company and asking for anyone. He asked for specific characters. Sakurai does not see it as adding a Square Enix characters, he sees it as adding X. So, saying which Square Enix character will get in is irrelevant. Saying X may get it is relevant.
How does any of that relate to what you just said?

How obvious does it need to be for you?Sakurai outright says "we're looking at more 3rd party characters," "we're hoping more 3rd parties are interested," "we're still willing to put in more," and "no other companies ended up contacting us, oh well."

I know you want to think it's a friends/invite only type of deal, but it's been made abundantly clear that the door was open and no one showed up.
Your trying to prove global warming while I'm talking about the war of 1812.

None of your post actually related to what I said.
Let me show you using something called Hypothesis test.
Not matter what you may say, my reasoning is logical.My assumption is based on evidence.
You may disagree with it, but my assumption is logical. There are two third parties that got in for two distinct reasons while a plethora of others didn't.
All which was based on on thing: Evidence. Random snippets.
My assumption is that these are the only ways that third parties get in because that is how the only third party characters got in. The rest is just assumption
There is method A (Sakurai knows the person with the character) or B (the character is really popular). Could there be a C. Yes. Is there evidence to say there is a C. NO.
Here is the thing. There is no evidence of a third one. Look at your quote again. Did you ever see a way there could be a third method. All of them can be chopped up to the two I've mentioned before

Never did you attempt to prove that there is a third method, and that was what the replies were about. You've given anecdotes, and you've given quotes, but do any of them prove there is a third method?

Did you even know what I was actually talking about?

If I say nothing, it's in response to nothing. Your "knowledge" of Japanese business, like most of the stuff you post here, is built off of things you picked up from VGChartz, Malstrom's blog, Wikipedia, and random scraps from the internet. And it's all painted through the lens of someone who doesn't understand the value in keeping 3rd party characters around to begin with. So basically you're full of crap.

What's odd is how you're ignoring what Sakurai himself has actually said on the subject. Even as a googly-eyed parrot, you're not doing a very good job.
Oh, and take Japan Today in college. Good class.
Again, did you know what I was talking about. It was the very last sentence and not hard to miss.

Your entire replies have been assumption about me, what I think, or what I said. This post alone.
-You didn't understand what "chimed in means"
-You skewed what I said in the very first post.
-You didn't know I was talking about "proof" of method 3+ not "it's been made abundantly clear that the door was open and no one showed up. "
-You assume everything I know comes from four sources. Know me better and you'd know I get a lot of my info from instructors and general know how. All the stuff I told you about East Asia came from a Chinese PhD from Princeton who lived in Japan. He teaches Global Wealth and Power and Japan Today. The Hypothesis stuff came from Statistics, as I used I mentions it's from Statistics.

My point was lost a long time ago. The point was I disagreed with how the conversation was going, and it turned into a monster.

@Starphoenix: I wanted to mention the guest thing one more time, but I doubt I'll ever do it.

As for the music thing, well that's simple. Music, I think, is food for the soul. It can make you happy in bad time, and feel the sorrow of others. It drives emotion. It's just awesome.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Well I've mention before I'm no Mega Man expert but shouldn't he have an ability that would copy other players (like kirby does)? I mean it would only be fitting. Maybe he could copy their side B moves instead of their regular B like Kirby does. Now how would he do it? Scan, attack, grapple, etc...?

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Well I've mention before I'm no Mega Man expert but shouldn't he have an ability that would copy other players (like kirby does)? I mean it would only be fitting. Maybe he could copy their side B moves instead of their regular B like Kirby does. Now how would he do it? Scan, attack, grapple, etc...?
Wait, why do you say that?

Maybe, you could have an absorb ability, but depending on who he absorbs, changes the type of weapon he uses.

i.e. if he absorbs samus he gets the missile thing, if he absorbs link he gets his boomerang thing, if he aborbs kirby he gets his barrier thingy etc.

Not like they're actual powers, but like the ones you get in Megaman X (the only one I've played).

Idk though, it'd be weird cos he's appeared in a lot of Playstation games, especially the capcom vs blahblah types. Seems like it's a non-issue with snake though.

If you're getting rid of a character, get rid of Lucario or something, he's boring.

Additions:

Dixie Kong

Koopa/Kamek

Boo

King K. Rool

The evil guy in Super Star Saga (Rhymes with awful)

Megaman/Zero/Sigma

Sonic people

Wolf alternate for link (probably not gonna happen, since they'll be a new Zelda game, it shoulda happened in this version though)

Banjo-Kazooie/Mumbo Jumbo (lul)

Primids (anyone from subspace)

I don't get why people would say Ridley, since he's a boss (At least I'm pretty sure he is...)What about some of the other people you see in the games, like in Corruption - Gandrayda or in the one on D.S. Trace seems pretty cool :/

Bomberman

Maybe a Goron or Zora type character :/

Bleh dunno. I'd really like to see Bomberman (dunno how they'd implement him though, but I've only really played the bomberman on SNES)

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Chu: I can't take anyone who quotes dictionaries and pulls the "I took a class in college, I know what I'm talking about" card very seriously. Especially someone with a history of mangling facts with their own guesswork.

If you really wanna believe that Sakurai is unwilling to talk to anyone he doesn't already know personally, go for it. There's a reason why everyone else is confident that that's not the case though. And it still doesn't explain why you got all huffy because we weren't discussing something we're already well versed in (the popularity and viability of Square-Enix characters, particularly the FF ones).

To be fair, I kept the argument going in hopes that the SE discussion would be relevant enough for Koops to keep up, but I don't know if he'll still be interested by the time he pops in again.

@Koops if he sees this post: You kinda made me want to play FFT again and I found this picture in the meantime.

Maybe, you could have an absorb ability, but depending on who he absorbs, changes the type of weapon he uses.

i.e. if he absorbs samus he gets the missile thing, if he absorbs link he gets his boomerang thing, if he aborbs kirby he gets his barrier thingy etc.

Not like they're actual powers, but like the ones you get in Megaman X (the only one I've played).
Not sure if you meant this specifically, but if you're talking something like "copy Samus for Search Missile, copy Ivysaur for Leaf Shield, etc." then that's what I figured he'd use (probably as his Forward B).

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Well that wasn't my problem. Maybe It's because I'm in dubai and had a lack of internet for a very long period of time? :laugh:

@Discussion: You guys know Onion Knight is considered the main character of FF3, right? In any case my point was that the two (regardless of whoever's choosing it) would have to pick someone who stands a lot. A generic character who's popular and has preceding roles in cameos works. A Protaginist works (SOME Of them) Mog is probably the best mix in between. I'd say Vivi/Black Mage as well but that's FFIX/9.

@Final Fantasy Tactics: Yeah FFTactics is awesome. I'm almost done with my replay. I feel that FFTA was better in gameplay but slightly lose story value. I ordered FFTactics Advance 2 off of amazon to see how it is.

I mainly love the job system. It may be annoying but it's addictive.

edit: Toise in return I found this. Amazing.

@FF Dissidia: tell me those two characters possibly confirmed for a sequel toise ;-;

@The job system and speaking of Smash: Maybe something can be incorporated with that?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I have like 5 seconds, so it's Kain and Gilgamesh. Can't believe you missed that post, I had links and everything.

And I can't believe you like FFTA's system better, you dead to me boy

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I have like 5 seconds, so it's Kain and Gilgamesh. Can't believe you missed that post, I had links and everything.
;_; I just saw it. Interesting how they chose Terra due to being female mainly.

And yay kain. He's my favorite character from FFIV :3 Gilgamesh is pretty neat as well.

But anyways as for elaborating on gilgamesh; Because while he's an important character, of all the characters in the longevity or iconic characters of the series he just doesn't stand out to most FF players asides from the ones who've played most of the games. It's not just popularity but it's also the plausibility that inserts into it.

But he'd work great as an AT.

And I can't believe you like FFTA's system better, you dead to me boy
it had bagnaa's and blue mages and moogles

It's because more so of the subtle changes. I.E. Being able to run away from battles, a purpose for grinding that isn't the job systems with gaining land, picking your characters RIGHT ON the map and not before (CLIMATICNESS RUINED), Battle saves, and so on.

Don't forget it's amazing replay value (With potential to mess up the last few quests; That flaw still stands)

On the other hand the original tactics had...A better job system and better AI. When it comes down to it I've spent much more hours on one run of tactics advance than I did on tactics and both were just so similar. I still really appreciate them both; Moreso than most of the main FF games. By replaying Tactics I've realized how much I do.

I'm just highly disappointed at the fact that FFTA2 literately copies at the beginning the same thing that FFTA did. "GOING INSIDE BOOKS AGAIN, THAT'S COOL, RIGHT?"

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
;_; I just saw it. Interesting how they chose Terra due to being female mainly.
herm... didnt they choose her cause she had the most against Kefka? and if you say Celes then they chose a girl; furthermore, in the event you say someone else hated kefka more, ive got a backup: kefka hates terra more thus mutual hatred compared to kefkas hatred towards someone he hardly knows like Locke...
somehow, someway i just KNOW that someone found a way to reverse this on me, i just know it... look look... that look in your face, you are planing to even after reading this sentence and are going to reverse this sentence on me as well? (hoover)dam.n it.:urg:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@Chu: I can't take anyone who quotes dictionaries and pulls the "I took a class in college, I know what I'm talking about" card very seriously. Especially someone with a history of mangling facts with their own guesswork.

If you really wanna believe that Sakurai is unwilling to talk to anyone he doesn't already know personally, go for it. There's a reason why everyone else is confident that that's not the case though. And it still doesn't explain why you got all huffy because we weren't discussing something we're already well versed in (the popularity and viability of Square-Enix characters, particularly the FF ones).

To be fair, I kept the argument going in hopes that the SE discussion would be relevant enough for Koops to keep up, but I don't know if he'll still be interested by the time he pops in again.
You still don't know what I'm talking about,

Take a look at my first post again.

The problem is it would never be what Square Enix wants, but what Sakurai wants. Snake was added because a friend of his asked for it. Sonic was added because everyone wanted him. Neither instance has him going to the company and asking for anyone. He asked for specific characters. Sakurai does not see it as adding a Square Enix characters, he sees it as adding X. So, saying which Square Enix character will get in is irrelevant. Saying X may get it is relevant.
Where did I say "If you really wanna believe that Sakurai is unwilling to talk to anyone he doesn't already know personally." Where did I say that? That's right, I never did say that.

Basically, these last post were you "assuming" everything I said and calling me "googly-eyed parrot."

So I'll make sure to never try to reasonably discuss anything with you again. All you'll do is make up something I never said and then insult me on it. I can't even keep up a conversation with you as you'll lose track of it.

I'm sorry Toise, but I've lost a lot of respect for you.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You are probably right on that one, the main theme is pretty iconic. I was having a difficult time trying to figure out which was more popular, the main theme or the BN3 Navi 2 fight music. I had assumed the latter so I chose that.

So if Classic Megaman was included lets say we get 12-15 Classic Tracks, one Megaman X, one Battle Network, and one Legends. Sound good? I will probably make a complete music list in a bit.
Sounds about right, but you sort of are skipping over the Zero, ZX, and Starforce series there. Also, I'd like to point out that in my opinion, the version of the BN2/3 theme that was the best was the one that started playing near the end of BN3 when trying to escape Alpha, but I can't seem to find that one on youtube.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
herm... didnt they choose her cause she had the most against Kefka? and if you say Celes then they chose a girl; furthermore, in the event you say someone else hated kefka more, ive got a backup: kefka hates terra more thus mutual hatred compared to kefkas hatred towards someone he hardly knows like Locke...
Here's the quote:

"If it weren’t Terra, then there would be no female characters on the Cosmos team. I was also a member of the production team for FFVI, and based on my feelings from that time I thought it had to be Terra. She’s on the cover image, and Terra appeared in the advert, so really I didn’t have a reason not to choose her."
- Nomura in the Ultimania thingy

Koops really should've mentioned the last sentence. I think most people saw Terra as the official main character anyway just by how much the game focuses on her. But yeah the Kefka part definitely helped.

@Discussion: You guys know Onion Knight is considered the main character of FF3, right? In any case my point was that the two (regardless of whoever's choosing it) would have to pick someone who stands a lot. A generic character who's popular and has preceding roles in cameos works. A Protaginist works (SOME Of them) Mog is probably the best mix in between. I'd say Vivi/Black Mage as well but that's FFIX/9.
The way I see it, you could make a case that all of the generics have been main characters at some point since they've all been part of those casts with no given lead (or in Chocobo's case, he just has his own spinoff games).

I wonder if they could technically use Vivi's design (or something closer to it than the traditional Black Mage) and just call it a Black Mage. Like Red for Pokemon Trainer sorta.

But anyways as for elaborating on gilgamesh; Because while he's an important character, of all the characters in the longevity or iconic characters of the series he just doesn't stand out to most FF players asides from the ones who've played most of the games. It's not just popularity but it's also the plausibility that inserts into it.

But he'd work great as an AT.
I figure most people aren't familiar with all the characters, so if they had Cecil or something, that's great for the people who played FFIV but not for the people who didn't (since they'd be asking for someone else). Gilgamesh manages to cover a ton of games, although I suppose you could say that anyone who didn't play FFV wouldn't really get it. Maybe FFXII would be enough for them, I don't know.

Side note, I'm pretty sure he'd normally fight as his two-armed self by using Jumps, Blue Magic, and maybe some tricks from FFXII.

And yeah anything that's been a summon before should make for a good AT.

Tactics stuff
I guess it's really the whole "learn stuff from equipment" and limiting jobs by races bits. And yeah I wish the original had Blue Mages, since those and Dragoons are my favorite classes. At any rate despite how I'm trying to avoid the series, I don't have the willpower to stay away from FFT for too long. I just wish PSP had more than FFT and Rondo of Blood remakes to warrant a purchase.

Guess this is off-topic though, so if you wanna talk about the games we should keep it in PMs.

@The job system and speaking of Smash: Maybe something can be incorporated with that?
I figured that any character in Dissidia would just have their moveset rearranged to fit into Smash. Otherwise I guess the characters that might use something based on the job system specifically would be Onion Knight, Bartz, Mog, or Chocobo. The former two have it in some way in Dissidia already and the latter two are at least capable of it.

Are you talking something like a combo platter of job skills or changing jobs mid-battle? I could see the latter being pretty good as long as it's not a complete ripoff of Sheik/PT.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay I am just gonna say this just for the lawlz and to see what other people think of this.

Anyone think any of the Resident Evil characters could get in?

Btw only respond if you KNOW the game and have enough knowledge to state an opinion. Resident Evil is a big booming series that has tons of games and def sells alot. So i just wanna hear who people would think. I think either Chris, Jill, or Leon myself. (nah maybe Ashley xDDDDD)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
The way I see it, you could make a case that all of the generics have been main characters at some point since they've all been part of those casts with no given lead (or in Chocobo's case, he just has his own spinoff games).

I wonder if they could technically use Vivi's design (or something closer to it than the traditional Black Mage) and just call it a Black Mage. Like Red for Pokemon Trainer sorta.
Maybe they can; They've done it before with Mario Hoops...Well, not much resembling to Vivi.

And yes but they're far more relevant. Ask someone who a Moogle is; They'll remember them as a summon or as a character in VI or as a save point or something in most games. Ask someone who a Chocobo is; They'll remember it as the bird you ride on in almost ever FF Game. Ask someone who Gilgamesh is; Uh, he's neat and has swords?

It just doesn't quite add up. I don't quite think "Character who appears often = Very important character to the overall series in his relevance chaching : D" there. I only really got it once I played V. Asides from appearing in more games what true precedence does gilgamesh have over all those classes and generic characters? Remember, in doing this they would have to pick a character that at least represents the nintendo side of FF well.

And honestly as a pretty big fan of the series I'd be disappointed to see Gilgamesh represent FF as a whole. Now I know It's hard to just agree on one character but he seems like one of the less agreeable choices of the entire series If you were to list "Main reoccuring characters".

Guess this is off-topic though, so if you wanna talk about the games we should keep it in PMs.
Yeah I'd love to say more on the PSP and everything else but I really don't want to stray this thread. I'll just take it to PMs since I believe there's a lot we can discuss in common.

I figured that any character in Dissidia would just have their moveset rearranged to fit into Smash. Otherwise I guess the characters that might use something based on the job system specifically would be Onion Knight, Bartz, Mog, or Chocobo. The former two have it in some way in Dissidia already and the latter two are at least capable of it.

Are you talking something like a combo platter of job skills or changing jobs mid-battle? I could see the latter being pretty good as long as it's not a complete ripoff of Sheik/PT.
Last part kinda; It depends moreso on who is picked. It could just change the moogle's small ball above there head to repersent what they are. Only Side B and Neutral B would change? Sounds far less ripoffish.

Just imagining a Dragoon, Black Mage, and White Mage mixed together. Something like that.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sounds about right, but you sort of are skipping over the Zero, ZX, and Starforce series there. Also, I'd like to point out that in my opinion, the version of the BN2/3 theme that was the best was the one that started playing near the end of BN3 when trying to escape Alpha, but I can't seem to find that one on youtube.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Zero series... As for Starforce and ZX I intentionally did not include those series as they are spin offs of spin offs (hence why I stated "main line") Technically Zero is as well, but it is Zero after all, not a completely different character.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
And honestly as a pretty big fan of the series I'd be disappointed to see Gilgamesh represent FF as a whole. Now I know It's hard to just agree on one character but he seems like one of the less agreeable choices of the entire series If you were to list "Main reoccuring characters".
Think this is the only part you needed.

I'm of the belief that he'd work great as a representative, but if the majority of fans agree with your assessment that he's insufficient, then that'd be that.

Last part kinda; It depends moreso on who is picked. It could just change the moogle's small ball above there head to repersent what they are. Only Side B and Neutral B would change? Sounds far less ripoffish.

Just imagining a Dragoon, Black Mage, and White Mage mixed together. Something like that.
I actually figured you meant something like Olimar, where changing jobs is like changing Pikmin effects (and of course a very noticable visual change). The idea being that it'd be like "this guy is to Sheik what Olimar is to PT," where you have less options on adjusting your attack properties, but 100% control over them.

Okay I am just gonna say this just for the lawlz and to see what other people think of this.

Anyone think any of the Resident Evil characters could get in?

Btw only respond if you KNOW the game and have enough knowledge to state an opinion. Resident Evil is a big booming series that has tons of games and def sells alot. So i just wanna hear who people would think. I think either Chris, Jill, or Leon myself. (nah maybe Ashley xDDDDD)
Can you come up with a RE character moveset that doesn't use guns or knives?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't think Jill in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 uses anything Snake wouldn't use in Super Smash Bros.
You forget one of her throws she jumps on the characters chest and slices his/her/its' throat. Remember Sakurai stated he did not want Solid Snake to use a knife. So technically you are wrong. ;P

Can you come up with a RE character moveset that doesn't use guns or knives?
...Nemesis?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You forget one of her throws she jumps on the characters chest and slices his/her/its' throat. Remember Sakurai stated he did not want Solid Snake to use a knife. So technically you are wrong. ;P
I didn't play much of MvC2 because the controls were wonky on XBLA for some reason so I didn't really know hence the uncertainty. Still,that possibly could've been replaced with another move with the same purpose and that it's entirely possible to begin with.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright guys, I just finished up the ultimate Super Smash Bros. My Music Megaman list! I chose the most popular tracks from each game with the exception of 2 and 9 (since the entire OST from both games are considered the best). I struggled with finding a track for Megaman 6 and 7, but I think the two chosen are good and closest to the general opinon. So without further ado, here it is!

Megaman 1: Cutman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZc0qrEzwiw
Megaman 2: Robot Master Medley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKFB64zeuT4 (this is a remix somebody created, it is a good idea of how a medley could play out)
Megaman 3: Snakeman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPNaQEjgXyY
Megaman 4: Dr. Cossack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_wpW6zpqHY
Megaman 5: Napalmman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l-oYeKUFP8
Megaman 6: Knightman (Complete Works) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DF5ztNKW0Q
Megaman 7: Shademan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxSWjJmz1Dk
Megaman 8: Frostman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLUwCW3dm5U
Megaman 9: Robot Master Medley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG4EZ2DAvgs (see Megaman 2 note)
Megaman 10: Solarman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOJ3WDS-To

Megaman 4: Megaman's Theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9GpF-waFZk
Megaman 5: Protoman's Stage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juyogUMglZg
Megaman 8: Electronic Communication http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xovgv-5qSBc

All Megaman: Wily Medley
MM2 Wily Stage 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFKtYCcMWT4
MM4 Wily Stage 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA95aSG2FYk
MM5 Wily Stage 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBouFwvP3Wg
MM9 Wily Stage 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltslPAxbUsU
MM10 Wily Stage 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ALDFlUYdcQ

Megaman X: Central Highway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Ft2niUeCU
Megaman Battle Network: MMBN Theme/Proof of Courage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PREgJjkPM8
Megaman Legends: Flutter Vs. The Gesellschaft http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v07PY14Zyw
Megaman Zero: Cannon Ball (Vs. Omega) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgQxG259h7E

Total=18 tracks

Let me know what you think of the list, fairly accurate? If any of the colors make the list difficult to read I can easily change them; I threw them in to attract more attention.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
A few comments on the MM music~

MM1 is a bit hard to choose anythin for I think. I guess Cutman works well, but I'm not all to sure.

MM3 is the type of series that needs a medley, at least it does over MM9.

For MM4, while I love Pharaohman's theme the most out of MM4's Robot Masters, I think that maybe Dr. Cossack 1 is a bit more appropriate.

For MM8, I really do suggest Electronic Communication, since we did get vocal Sonic songs in Brawl. :p

MM9...I really don't think it quite needs a medley. I think just Tornado Man's theme would probably be fine.

MM10, along the same lines as why I chose Tornado Man's theme (its the trailer theme) I think Nitro Man's theme would be a good choice here. The song is very catchy too.

Also, while I won't try to start up the debate with Toise again about how fitting Proto Man's theme is for fighting, I think that MM3's main theme is a bit more iconic than it, and deserves to make the cut. That being said, one song there that really doesn't make the cut in my mind is Bass's theme, which is just meh.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Think this is the only part you needed.

I'm of the belief that he'd work great as a representative, but if the majority of fans agree with your assessment that he's insufficient, then that'd be that.
I sometimes type too much unneeded.

Yeah; If he was more iconic to the series I'd agree with you. Speaking of which I'll make a canidate list for AT's.

Also a music list. I'm reworking the one I made for FF heavily.

I actually figured you meant something like Olimar, where changing jobs is like changing Pikmin effects (and of course a very noticable visual change). The idea being that it'd be like "this guy is to Sheik what Olimar is to PT," where you have less options on adjusting your attack properties, but 100% control over them.
When you put it like that then yeah; Basically that. I was thinking to not change Up B because It'd just be weird.

Question just is what would those jobs be. I think Dragoon is a good contender for a fighter job; I really am starting to see mog as a character I'd actually main If this were to happen (I'd probably play as him anyways; he's just too cute :3)

Also I gave that inbox message. I should really talk with some more of you guys socially. Been around in this thread too long.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
When you put it like that then yeah; Basically that. I was thinking to not change Up B because It'd just be weird.

Question just is what would those jobs be. I think Dragoon is a good contender for a fighter job; I really am starting to see mog as a character I'd actually main If this were to happen (I'd probably play as him anyways; he's just too cute :3)

Also I gave that inbox message. I should really talk with some more of you guys socially. Been around in this thread too long.
I don't think the jobs matter too much, but I'd imagine it'd be something like melee/mage/maybe a third thing. The bias in me says Dragoon/Blue Mage/some kind of actual mage. Or maybe something more like Red Mage/Fighter, whatever. Onion Knight does Ninja/Sage, but those are supposed to be the advanced classes, so something closer to a starter class would be better I guess.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A few comments on the MM music~

MM1 is a bit hard to choose anythin for I think. I guess Cutman works well, but I'm not all to sure.

MM3 is the type of series that needs a medley, at least it does over MM9.

For MM4, while I love Pharaohman's theme the most out of MM4's Robot Masters, I think that maybe Dr. Cossack 1 is a bit more appropriate.

For MM8, I really do suggest Electronic Communication, since we did get vocal Sonic songs in Brawl. :p

MM9...I really don't think it quite needs a medley. I think just Tornado Man's theme would probably be fine.

MM10, along the same lines as why I chose Tornado Man's theme (its the trailer theme) I think Nitro Man's theme would be a good choice here. The song is very catchy too.

Also, while I won't try to start up the debate with Toise again about how fitting Proto Man's theme is for fighting, I think that MM3's main theme is a bit more iconic than it, and deserves to make the cut. That being said, one song there that really doesn't make the cut in my mind is Bass's theme, which is just meh.
Like I said, I chose tracks after looking at various places to determine which were the most popular.

Megaman 1 was pretty difficult to determine a clear favorite, it came down to Cutman, Elecman, and Gutsman.

Again, Megaman 3, Snakeman was almost unanimously the most popular track from that game. Megaman 2 and 9 received a medley because there is no clear favorite in either game, those two games are widely considered the best in the series. Megaman 3 could get a medley, but truly the whole Megaman series would be nothing but medleys. lol

I thought about Dr. Cossack, but I threw his music under the Wily Medley category. Maybe I shouldn't have? I may make a switch.

Yeah... No Electronic Communication...

You do not understand how popular Solarman's theme is. The Youtube video of his theme alone has over 20'000 views... >_>

About the last two, do remember some of these songs would be remixed. I had always thought Protoman's Whistle Theme would be a song someone would remix.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I always liked the woodman and quickman themes in MM2 (and yes MM2 was the best in the series)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So I revised my list a little after realizing just how few tracks actually were remixed in Brawl regarding third part music selections (MGS it was 3/12, Sonic 1/12). Taking that into consideration, and I already have three medleys, things were swapped.

Megaman 1: Cutman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZc0qrEzwiw
Megaman 2: Robot Master Medley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKFB64zeuT4 (this is a remix somebody created, it is a good idea of how a medley could play out)
Megaman 3: Snakeman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPNaQEjgXyY
Megaman 4: Dr. Cossack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_wpW6zpqHY
Megaman 5: Fake Protoman/Darkman stage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juyogUMglZg
Megaman 6: Knightman (Complete Works) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DF5ztNKW0Q
Megaman 7: Shademan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxSWjJmz1Dk
Megaman 8: Frostman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLUwCW3dm5U
Megaman 9: Robot Master Medley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG4EZ2DAvgs (see Megaman 2 note)
Megaman 10: Solarman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOJ3WDS-To

Megaman 3: Title Theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaXOuW0Nhvo
Megaman 8: Electronic Communication http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xovgv-5qSBc

All Megaman: Wily Medley
MM2 Wily Stage 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFKtYCcMWT4
MM4 Wily Stage 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA95aSG2FYk
MM5 Wily Stage 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBouFwvP3Wg
MM9 Wily Stage 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsBu9QiWk00
MM10 Wily Stage 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ALDFlUYdcQ

Megaman X: Central Highway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Ft2niUeCU
Megaman Battle Network: MMBN Theme/Proof of Courage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK41qdn57eU
Megaman Legends: Flutter Vs. The Gesellschaft http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v07PY14Zyw
Megaman Zero: Esperanto (Opening Stage 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAjiv23A3M

Total=18 tracks

Also, Pieman did you notice the Battle Network theme track is also known as "Proof of Courage"? That is the remix that plays inside the game.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
@Starphoenix: Amazing choice on the MM2 medley. I've only played MM2 but that medley ROCKS.

I actually just finished on my FF List. 1 for each of the 13 games cept the MMO, so technically 12. I also threw in a few from the spin-offs. 15 in all.

And I only ended out with 3 final boss themes!

Final Fantasy I - Boss Battle Theme (Dawn of Souls)
Final Fantasy II - Main Theme
Final Fantasy III - Boss Theme
Final Fantasy IV - Boss Battle Theme - This one is also used on Culex and in SMRPG!
Final Fantasy V - Clash on the Big Bridge
Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad (Part 4/Kefka)
Final Fantasy VII - One Winged Angel
Final Fantasy VIII - The Man With The Machine Gun
Final Fantasy IX - Grand Cross (Gets good at 1:20, would likely start there)
Final Fantasy X - Battle Theme
Final Fantasy XI - Ark Angel
Final Fantasy XII - Fight to the Death
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded By Light (Battle Theme)
Final Fantasy Tactics - Run Past Through The Plains
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Unavoidable Destiny
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Kaze No Ne (Main Theme)

Am I missing any game? :laugh: I think I got all the notable ones. Maybe throw in Chocobo's Theme somewhere in there.

As for Jobs; Fighter, Black Mage, and Dragoon? Seems fine to me.

edit: Oh and there's more Nintendo FF era tracks than Sony. 8 Ninty, 7 Sony.

edit 2: Also I'm having interesting convo's with toise now. More of us should really talk more outside of these threads and groups and stuff. : D

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I'm not too picky, although I'd expect the regular NES FFI battle and probably the boss battle song from FFVII (since it definitely works better here than the final boss song).

Don't worry about a Nintendo/Sony ratio, they didn't care about it with Metal Gear and I doubt they'd do it for any other series.

And I'm gonna assume you don't have a FFXI track because you're not familiar with any of them, so here's some battle themes:

- Awakening [final boss sorta, was in Dissidia too]
- Fighters of the Crystal
- Turmoil
- Mercenaries' Delight
- Clash of Standards

and other songs if you're bored:

- Selbina
- Kazham
- Ruler of the Skies [Bahamut]
- The Black Coffin
- The Cosmic Wheel

@Starphoenix: Central Highway over Storm Eagle?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
FF1: Yeah but I just really appreciate the boss theme FF1 DoS gave. Sure It's not all that "omg classic FF" But go figure; They could 8 bit It If they really want to I spose'

But I did go overboard on boss themes. I think I'm only questioned at my FFXIII/13 choice but I can't find anything else that truly fits.

FF7: One Winged Angel is the most popular song of the series It's just that it'd be hard to get a stage to specifically totally work with it. I don't think any song has anything close in it to that.

FFXI: I went with Ark Angel and added it.

Through outside of those I think It's the best FF list I've composed so far. Tactics, 13, and 1 choice are a bit weird and 7 will be hard to fit in but I can't possibly deny it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: Central Highway over Storm Eagle?
What is with Pieman and you and Storm Eagle? lol

Central Highway is the one song that epitomizes the entire X series. It is the most popular Megaman X track next to X Vs. Zero (which was a close second). Capcom created a faux Megaman 10 commercial, what song did they remix (if you could call that a remix)? Oh yeah, Central Highway. It is iconic and classic, best choice for a solitary Megaman X track.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
@StarP

I won't deny that Snake Man is probably one of the more popular, if the not the most popular RM theme from MM3, but I feel that many of the other themes are worth making it in as a medley, and the same can't be said for MM9. There are only three themes from that game (Tornado, Galaxy, and Concrete) that really stand out in my mind. But even if you don't want to include a medley here, the most iconic theme from MM3 is by far its title theme, which should be included.

As for Solar Man, I don't think that its views on youtube are the best indication of popularity, and even still, Solar Man's theme is pretty crummy, especially compared to Nitro's. :V

@Koops: I'm no expert on Final Fantasy music by any means, but I'd put in Terra's Theme over Dancing Mad. Seems like its better to add in another non-boss fight track, especially one found a lot more in the game. Also, I'd much rather have the boss theme from 7 over One Winged Angel, but I understand why that song got the pick. Lastly, I like the Battle theme from XIII more than the boss theme. V:

EDIT: Oh yeah, for IV, I'd much rather go with Zeromus' battle theme or even that Four Fiends.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I'd pick the actual battle theme instead of the boss theme for Final Fantasy XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hriK5P2HbFw

Anyone else besides me got around to playing it. I'm about four hours in and I love it.
I decided to edit it to that once I listened to it. The battle theme is amazing.

And I kinda want it badly; Gonna rent it out myself first since I'm partly a critic and XII/12 was probably my least favorite of the main series. Still looks fantastic in some area's.

...have to wait until the summer to even play it ;-;

@Koops: I'm no expert on Final Fantasy music by any means, but I'd put in Terra's Theme over Dancing Mad. Seems like its better to add in another non-boss fight track, especially one found a lot more in the game. Also, I'd much rather have the boss theme from 7 over One Winged Angel, but I understand why that song got the pick. Lastly, I like the Battle theme from XIII more than the boss theme. V:

EDIT: Oh yeah, for IV, I'd much rather go with Zeromus' battle theme or even that Four Fiends.
FF6: Dancing Mad got in just due to it being iconic and too awesome...Think on it; While the actual playable cast in it is great, a lot of people often mention Kefka when they say that. FF6 probably has my favorite soundtrack of the series so it was a very hard choice. I just believe Dancing Mad just has too much everything to make it the best song from FF6 to pick (Asides from "lol obligatory" rule)

Just imagine Smashing to it.

FF7: As I said; It's like ignoring GHZ or Live and Learn with sonic. It's just so obligatory. I'd go with the boss theme but the boss theme choices I picked (1 3 and 4) are already superior. I don't want to have it be "Battle theme, Someone's theme, Boss theme, Boss theme" Which is why I tried to avoid it.

I will say that it's better for smashing but to counter that OWA can be remixed like all the other tracks. I mean I honestly feel awkward when playing Green Hill Zone using Live and Learn, so I understand where you're coming from on this.

FF13: I changed it to the battle theme. The "Ding dun duh duh" part is just too good.

FF4: This one has a variety with reasoning here The four fiends I honestly don't find that great and the Zeromus Battle...Well, Grand Cross, One Winged Angel, and Dancing Mad are already there for final boss themes. If I was to add another final boss theme it'd either be that or the extreme.

And + It's a fallback to SMRPG. A lot of people want Mario RPG representation. Why not at least give it to them indirectly? It's commonly agreed to be one of the best songs in FF4 and SMRPG. That's very hard to beat.

I was however very tempted to put in the zeromus battle. I will say that.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
yeah... i prefer More fighting over one winged angel (dont get me wrong i love it)
here are some mixes and i apologize if it is too much metal for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRz52AdDKlo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxjw55_XkPs
i also want JENOVAs themehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KXiVBA7svc
or the advent remix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeeLDadND_Y
or a OC remix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMmwPJ0qDyg

and as for mega man
Brainsick Metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-OppykeE7Y
there you go, the opening stage music, Storm Eagle Stage, Spark Mandrill Stage
every one wins! especially me cause i love this remix

ps: am i the only one to notice that Naruto Shippuden opening 3: Blue Bird sounds suspiciously like gutsman stage? i found no where on the net of people making this connection. am i insane or something? (true i am a psychopath but thats not the point)

WAiTAMINUTE!!! one more thing... Megaman Zero 2 - Departurehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5QvALaSp-U&feature=related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom