• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Drag0nscythe did his homework on Ridley. That's the best size-comp I have ever seen for any character...well, actually, that one I saw for the Internet was kinda close...

Anyway. Ridley supposed to be well taller than Samus. Nice to see that Samus is the only character you use. Don't deny it, because if you had used them, you would have noticed...Link is way too tall on Ganondorf. Bowser is too short on everyone in his group. All pokemon and Olimar are too big/small compared to...everyone. Kirby is WAY WAY WAY too big compared to EVERYONE.

Anyway...uhm. I think I've brought up all of my thoughts here...I'll check my to-do list...

Extreme Smash Bros. - The Name - Foot Hanging - De-cloning - Character Buffs - Omega Ridley - Pyramid Head - Lip - Bosses - Enemies - SSE2 - Character Totals - Stages - Elemental Buff - Recent Models - Aerial Throws - Smash Bros. DS - SBDS: Aimable Projectiles & Final Smashes

Yup, I'm good.

NOTE: I posted it also just to give you guys some ideas if you want to go back and discuss something, we're running out of resourceful conversation at the moment. It seems to just consist of character suggestions we've already heard, weird people who think Krystal is more important than Wolf, weird people who think size is a serious issue in Smash...

Yeah. That's my point, and I made it.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Drag0nscythe did his homework on Ridley. That's the best size-comp I have ever seen for any character...well, actually, that one I saw for the Internet was kinda close...

Anyway. Ridley supposed to be well taller than Samus. Nice to see that Samus is the only character you use. Don't deny it, because if you had used them, you would have noticed...Link is way too tall on Ganondorf. Bowser is too short on everyone in his group. All pokemon and Olimar are too big/small compared to...everyone. Kirby is WAY WAY WAY too big compared to EVERYONE.

Anyway...uhm. I think I've brought up all of my thoughts here...I'll check my to-do list...

Extreme Smash Bros. - The Name - Foot Hanging - De-cloning - Character Buffs - Omega Ridley - Pyramid Head - Lip - Bosses - Enemies - SSE2 - Character Totals - Stages - Elemental Buff - Recent Models - Aerial Throws - Smash Bros. DS - SBDS: Aimable Projectiles & Final Smashes

Yup, I'm good.

NOTE: I posted it also just to give you guys some ideas if you want to go back and discuss something, we're running out of resourceful conversation at the moment. It seems to just consist of character suggestions we've already heard, weird people who think Krystal is more important than Wolf, weird people who think size is a serious issue in Smash...

Yeah. That's my point, and I made it.
Yeah, I know! That Ridley was like perfect!

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
How would a rep for Animal Crossing work, I could see Tom Nook throwing himself into a fight. The problem with any AC rep is the AC series is nonviolent. I was a great supporter for Tom Nook for brawl, even to the very end. Even after smashvill was announced as a stage. I would not see a problem in thinking of a moveset for the old nookster.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
How would a rep for Animal Crossing work, I could see Tom Nook throwing himself into a fight. The problem with any AC rep is the AC series is nonviolent. I was a great supporter for Tom Nook for brawl, even to the very end. Even after smashvill was announced as a stage. I would not see a problem in thinking of a moveset for the old nookster.
IF (and this is a big if) Animal Crossing got a character, it probably wouldn't be Nook. It would probably be the animal crosser. Nook is never seen as the main character. People only want him playable because of the "lol Nook is a mob boss. He owns all my money. I want to beat him up!" There has never been a justifiable reason why he'd be the franchise rep.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Also, while it is generally nonviolent, there is violence. What other series is like that...trying to think... R.O.B.? G&W? Ice Climbers?

It may have been nonviolent, but players had the ABILITY to fall into holes. Get stung by bees and poisonous insects. Hit their neighbors with axes and bug nets.

It was a nonviolent game, but because it had violence, it isn't completely out.

EDIT: Okay, I don't play WarioWare. What game did Ashley debut in?

Yes, this actually involves the thread.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
IF (and this is a big if) Animal Crossing got a character, it probably wouldn't be Nook. It would probably be the animal crosser. Nook is never seen as the main character. People only want him playable because of the "lol Nook is a mob boss. He owns all my money. I want to beat him up!" There has never been a justifiable reason why he'd be the franchise rep.
YOu have a generic crosser and there are so many versions of it, would it not be better to pick a character that has always been there, and I would consider Tom Nook a main character. In a way the whole game revolves around nook and his store. Your life is thanks to nook.. Besides his final smash would make you go into debt.

majora_787

Smash Hero
YOu have a generic crosser and there are so many versions of it, would it not be better to pick a character that has always been there, and I would consider Tom Nook a main character. In a way the whole game revolves around nook and his store. Your life is thanks to nook.. Besides his final smash would make you go into debt.
No, you having a house is thanks to Nook. If you never got a house from Nook, you wouldn't get furniture. You could still make money and buy a house from him later if you wanted to.

Then again...I dunno where you would save. :laugh:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
1)As "generic" as the character is the main character. Also, the accepted version has been the DS one. Given, the DS and the GCN were the same minus the Ico hat.
2)The game never revolved around his store. It revolved around you. The store is only there to complement your journey in the game.
3)Just because you think he is the main character does not mean the same view point is shared by everyone.
EDIT: Okay, I don't play WarioWare. What game did Ashley debut in?

Yes, this actually involves the thread.
She debuted in Warioware: Touched.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There's a big problem with the villager: It does not have a set appearance and gender unlike all the other characters in Smash (unless you count the Pokemon's genders).

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Even if Animal Crosser has no set design, I guess that's what alt costumes are for. But what's important is that Animal Crossing gets a character. I honestly don't mind either way.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Even if Animal Crosser has no set design, I guess that's what alt costumes are for. But what's important is that Animal Crossing gets a character. I honestly don't mind either way.
Well let's see, that character would need over a dozen alternate costumes because of gender and eyes. Then there's the clothes.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well let's see, that character would need over a dozen alternate costumes because of gender and eyes. Then there's the clothes.
That's just ridiculous. One skin for every clothing and face combination?

No, we need one of three things...either three outfits, three faces, for each gender...six outfits, six faces for each gender...or upwards of that, you pick male or female from the select screen, and it's randomized.

We don't need a huge slab of ACer skins. That's unnecessary.

majora_787

Smash Hero
i heard its coming out on virtual console at the wii shop channel soon. how do you think thats going to be like?
Uhh....what? O_o

...You mean Smash 64, I assume. Which.......really has had no reason to be brought up the entire thread...

polyopulis

Smash Cadet
nintendo should do the same thing that blizzard is doing with starcraft and that is to hire professional gamers to help with development. i don't get why they didn't do this in the first place. such poor judgment is ruining the gaming industry these days

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, that will come soon enough. Their first step should be to take notes from this thread. We're the biggest SSB community there is. We're the customers and the players. We know what we want, they really SHOULD listen to us more.

I think the most listening they did for Brawl was adding Wario.

EDIT: And now that I think about it, if they read MYM topics, they could easily not clone someone. And I mean EASILY.

polyopulis

Smash Cadet
were a lot of the problems in brawl because of not enough time? like, crappy SSE that made no sense and was unpolished, roy and mewtwo not finished and not all characters that people wanted being put in?

also can someone post a list of characters that people want in SSB4. just for reference.
hopefully include description (such as "clone of --" or "to replace --" "antagonist in --") and somewhat arbitrary level of how much people want/don't want that character in brawl (many/some/few want/don't want). but names for now would be fine
an example being:

Ridly
Main antagonist in the Metroid series
many want (being the main antagonist and second most important character in the metroid series)
some don't want (due to the fact that he will have to be shrunk down to about samus's height to make him playable)

also, my two cents on dark samus. dark samus should just be a skin like peach/daisy because there isn't a whole lot of difference you can put into dark samus.

majora_787

Smash Hero
were a lot of the problems in brawl because of not enough time? like, crappy SSE that made no sense and was unpolished, roy and mewtwo not finished and not all characters that people wanted being put in?

also can someone post a list of characters that people want in SSB4. just for reference.
hopefully include description (such as "clone of --" or "to replace --" "antagonist in --") and somewhat arbitrary level of how much people want/don't want that character in brawl (many/some/few want/don't want). but names for now would be fine
an example being:

Ridly
Main antagonist in the Metroid series
many want (being the main antagonist and second most important character in the metroid series)
some don't want (due to the fact that he will have to be shrunk down to about samus's height to make him playable)

also, my two cents on dark samus. dark samus should just be a skin like peach/daisy because there isn't a whole lot of difference you can put into dark samus.
I have the names and the years. I'm working on a few more details. I'll throw in potential clone-izations. Feel free to make tweaks as you wish, everyone...as long as it's ADDING something...

Pacman

Balloon Fighter

Excite Biker

Little Mac
Nintendo - Punch-Out!!

Bomberman

Toad
Nintendo - Mario Bros.

Simon Belmont

Takamaru

Ridley
Nintendo - Metroid
The main antagonist of Metroid.

Megaman (Samus)

Gray Fox
Konami - Metal Gear

Medusa
Nintendo - Kid Icarus

Palutena (Zelda)
Nintendo - Kid Icarus

Darknut (Ike)
Nintendo - Legend of Zelda

General Camus
Nintendo - Fire Emblem

Shiida/Caeda
Nintendo - Fire Emblem

Samurai Goroh
Nintendo - F-Zero

Dr. Eggman
Sega - Sonic the Hedgehog

Agahnim

Tails

Waddle Dee
Nintendo - Kirby

Sukapon

Andross
Nintendo - Star Fox

Jeff
Nintendo - Mother

Knuckles

Captain Syrup
Nintendo - WarioWare

K. Rool
Nintendo - Donkey Kong

Rayman
Ubisoft - Rayman

Baby Bowser (Bowser)
Nintendo - Yoshi's Island

Baby Mario & Baby Luigi

Kamek

Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Nintendo - Donkey Kong

Lip

Knuckle Joe
Nintendo - Kirby

Geno

Leon Powalski
Nintendo - Star Fox

Psycho Mantis
Konami - Metal Gear

Black Shadow (Ganondorf, C. Falcon)
Nintendo - F-Zero

Tingle
A map salesman and translator who thinks he's a fairy. He shows up everywhere.

Waluigi
Nintendo - Mario Bros.
Wario's partner and Luigi's doppelganger. Not known for much other than sports.

Paper Mario (Mario)
Nintendo - Mario Bros.
The 2-D version of Mario from the Paper Mario trilogy.

Tom Nook
Nintendo - Animal Crossing
The raccoon who runs the local shop, sells you your house and sucks money out of your wallet.

K.K. Slider
A dog who plays his guitar for you at either the train station or the museum coffee shop depending on the game.

Animal Crosser
Your character.

Isaac
Company? - Golden Sun

Shadow (Sonic)

Plusle & Minun
Nintendo - Pokemon

Felix
Company? - Golden Sun
?

Meta Ridley
Nintendo - Metroid
The main antagonist of Metroid with robotic enhancements.

Krystal (Zamus)
Nintendo - Star Fox

Bowser Jr. a/o Shadow Mario (Bowser / Mario)
Nintendo - Mario Bros.

Deathborn (Ganondorf)
Nintendo - F-Zero

Toon Zelda a/o Tetra (Zelda / Sheik)

Toon Ganondorf (Ganondorf)

Kat & Ana
Nintendo - WarioWare

Dark Samus (Samus)
Nintendo - Metroid

Ashley
Nintendo - WarioWare

Black knight (Ike)
Nintendo - Fire Emblem

Claus (Lucas)
Nintendo - Mother

Duster
Nintendo - Mother

Sylux
Nintendo - Metroid

Trace
Nintendo - Metroid

Zant

Midna a/o Wolf Link

Dry Bowser (Bowser)
Nintendo - Mario Bros.

Rundas
Nintendo - Metroid
A hunter who works with Samus on stopping Phazon Corruption. Contact with him was lost after he went to Bryyo.

Ghor
Nintendo - Metroid
A hunter who works with Samus on stopping Phazon Corruption. Contact with him was lost after he went to Skytown on Elysia.

Gandrayda
Nintendo - Metroid
A hunter who works with Samus on stopping Phazon Corruption. Contact with her was lost after She went to the Pirate Homeworld.

Omega Ridley
Nintendo - Metroid
The central antagonist of Metroid with robotic enhancements and phazon corruption.

????
New Legendary
Nintendo - Pokemon
Any new legendary that comes from agame coming out between now and Smash 4.

????
New Lord
Nintendo - Fire Emblem
Any new lord that comes from a game coming out between now and Smash 4.

THIS is what I have so far. There are even more names I want to add, and I want to add the series...and the company, for third parties.

You all don't mind helping, do you? XD

EDIT: I'm trying to get everyone filled in here, I added a few names and came up with a template if anyone wants to help me AT ALL...

Year
Name (Possible Clone)
Company - Series
Who

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think there so many problems as there was poor development scheduling. Based on the amount of data in the game dedicated to SSE cutscenes and that the credits for the game were in the SSE, it's safe to assume that they spent the majority of their time on the SSE, a horrible decision, imo.

As for Roy and Mewtwo, I think both of them were scrapped due to a lack of time, but I think Mewtwo's is more complex. I have a theory that the Pokemon Company wanted Lucario in or the developers couldn't add anyone else. As a result Lucario was one of the first Pokemon characters after Pikachu and possibly Pokemon Trainer. After the SSE was completed, Jigglypuff was added, possibly because of her original 12 status if nothing more. In the end, there was not enough time to implement Mewtwo in the game so his remains were scrapped.

Also, getting the characters most people wanted in had nothing to do with a lack of time, but Sakurai's poor decision to ask people who they wanted AFTER he made the final roster. It was also this very thing that got Wolf in over Krystal. Until that poll thing was available to the public, Sakurai did not know about Krystal's existence.

As for the SSE not making sense, the whole thing is flawed for several reasons anyway:

1. Everyone is a trophy. Why this was done instead of having the actual characters? I don't know.
2. All the locations and enemies are generic and forgettable.
3. None of the locations and enemies (save for Koopas and such) are not from any Nintendo games except for the possible exception of the zoo (MOTHER).
4. Characters that are known to talk barely talk.
5. Kirby and crew are the stars.
6. Tabuu

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sheeda for SSB4.

Click the link if you want proof that the "first lady" of Fire Emblem and wife of Marth would make a great addition to Smash.
I need to play Shadow Dragon, but I wouldn't mind Sheeda for SSB4. Of course, she'd be another blue-haired FE character, but at least she's not a swordswoman.

By the way, I thought I should say this: I do not find Brawl all that fun anymore.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Also, getting the characters most people wanted in had nothing to do with a lack of time, but Sakurai's poor decision to ask people who they wanted AFTER he made the final roster. It was also this very thing that got Wolf in over Krystal. Until that poll thing was available to the public, Sakurai did not know about Krystal's existence.
I highly doubt that was why Wolf got to be in over Krystal, but that's the thing with pre-development Smash games...to much assuming and not enough facts. This isn't aimed at you, Kuma, but I'm tired of people saying things as if it was fact without proof. Things like:

1) Pit was going to be in SSB64 but Jigglypuff took his place.
2) Wolf was going to be in Melee.
3) Ganondorf was going to be decloned in Brawl but there was no time left.

None of these things have ever been confirmed or stated by Sakurai. just bulls*** claims that people take as fact and spread throughout the internet.

Again, I'm not ragging on you Kuma, but there's no way of knowing if Krystal would have gotten in over Wolf if this was considered over that and things like that. It seems to me that Wolf is actually more popular than Krystal by leaps and bounds, but that's only based on reception of Wolf vs. Krystal on certain websites, like SWF.

As for the SSE not making sense, the whole thing is flawed for several reasons anyway:

1. Everyone is a trophy. Why this was done instead of having the actual characters? I don't know.
2. All the locations and enemies are generic and forgettable.
3. None of the locations and enemies (save for Koopas and such) are not from any Nintendo games except for the possible exception of the zoo (MOTHER).
4. Characters that are known to talk barely talk.
5. Kirby and crew are the stars.
6. Tabuu
1. That's a staple of this franchise. The characters have always been dolls, toys, etc...but alas, I don't care either way.
2-3. Yep. There should have been more actual Nintendo locations and their respective enemies, Kingdom Hearts-style.
4. What's wrong with that? SSE proved that they can tell a story without dialogue. I personally liked that. Besides, I don't think I wanna hear characters like Mario, Pit, etc. talking excessively. And Link should never talk. Ever.
5. My favorite fact right here. GO KIRBY!!!11
6. I dunno...who else but an original villain?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Enemies and bosses taken from actual games:
Mario: Petey Piranha, Goomba, Giant Goomba, Koopa Troopa (Green and Red), Koopa Paratroopa (Green and Red), Hammer Bros., Bullet Bill
Pokemon: Rayquaza
Mother: Porkey
Metroid: Ridley, Meta-Ridley

and kindasorta: ROB Sentry, ROB Launcher, ROB Blaster

Locations: Halberd and kindasorta Skyworld

I highly doubt that was why Wolf got to be in over Krystal, but that's the thing with pre-development Smash games...to much assuming and not enough facts. This isn't aimed at you, Kuma, but I'm tired of people saying things as if it was fact without proof. Things like:

None of these things have ever been confirmed or stated by Sakurai. just bulls*** claims that people take as fact and spread throughout the internet.
I highly recommend you to read this topic:
http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Stor...ing-a-comprehensive-list-of-unused-characters

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Enemies and bosses taken from actual games:
Mario: Petey Piranha, Goomba, Giant Goomba, Koopa Troopa (Green and Red), Koopa Paratroopa (Green and Red), Hammer Bros., Bullet Bill
Pokemon: Rayquaza
Mother: Porkey
Metroid: Ridley, Meta-Ridley

and kindasorta: ROB Sentry, ROB Launcher, ROB Blaster

Locations: Halberd and kindasorta Skyworld
Wow, it looks even more pathetic when I see it in list form.

I'm nearly surprised that Mario had more than Petey Pihrana as an enemy character. =/

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I need to play Shadow Dragon, but I wouldn't mind Sheeda for SSB4. Of course, she'd be another blue-haired FE character, but at least she's not a swordswoman.

By the way, I thought I should say this: I do not find Brawl all that fun anymore.
I'd honestly prefer a new lord. And I'm getting steadily bored of it too.

justaway12

Smash Master
4. What's wrong with that? SSE proved that they can tell a story without dialogue. I personally liked that. Besides, I don't think I wanna hear characters like Mario, Pit, etc. talking excessively. And Link should never talk. Ever.
:goomba: Actually I don't think it did an amazing job especially sice you had to go to the smashdojo to fill in the gaps. :goomba:

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
:goomba: Actually I don't think it did an amazing job especially sice you had to go to the smashdojo to fill in the gaps. :goomba:
I didn't like it either. It's true that dialogue could have very easily ruined it, but it should have been necessary to make the story mode make sense. At the very least the plot should have been simpler so it could be executed without dialogue and still make sense.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Again, I'm not ragging on you Kuma, but there's no way of knowing if Krystal would have gotten in over Wolf if this was considered over that and things like that. It seems to me that Wolf is actually more popular than Krystal by leaps and bounds, but that's only based on reception of Wolf vs. Krystal on certain websites, like SWF.

1. That's a staple of this franchise. The characters have always been dolls, toys, etc...but alas, I don't care either way.
2-3. Yep. There should have been more actual Nintendo locations and their respective enemies, Kingdom Hearts-style.
5. My favorite fact right here. GO KIRBY!!!11
6. I dunno...who else but an original villain?
I may not be able to give you proof regarding the Krystal thing, but I distinctly remember reading it from one of the journal translations. As for those three examples, I have never heard of the last two.

As for Krystal vs. Wolf, it's not a good idea to only be basing it on only a few websites.

Now to respond to your responses.

1. I'm fine with how the trophy thing was in Melee. Brawl just screwed it all up by basically saying that we're playing as knock-offs and not the originals. It also makes the storyline even more confusin.
4. I'm fine with certain characters not talking, but characters like Samus, Pit, Fox, Falco, Snake, and others do have a record of talking. They could have always done it in text boxes.
6. How about the Master Hand or Crazy Hand.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I'd would have like Crazy Hand to have played some role in SSE, any role. As for what we got, Tabuu, I neither like nor dislike him. I thought Tabuu was fine, since it was nice to fight a new villain at the end instead of another/same _____ Hand boss, but I still would have like Crazy Hand somewhere in SSE.

Yeah, I don't like basing things only on message boards either. Its just that you said Krystal would have gotten in over Wolf if Sakurai had gone on and used the results of the polls, when I think, and only think, that that still may not have been the case. Even more so now that I read Spadefox's link where apparently the Brawl polls we were all shown was not 100% accurate.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, I don't like basing things only on message boards either. Its just that you said Krystal would have gotten in over Wolf if Sakurai had gone on and used the results of the polls, when I think, and only think, that that still may not have been the case. Even more so now that I read Spadefox's link where apparently the Brawl polls we were all shown was not 100% accurate.
I'm not sure exactly what other factors would have gotten Wolf in prior to the polls. You can argue popularity, but that's null and void in this case.

As for the poll info we saw, not to offend, but I think most of us figured out that what we saw was not everything. After all, Saki was apparently highly requested and Sonic won the poll overall.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Well, he didn't put in a bunch of demanded characters like King K. Rool, Ridley, etc and he skipped over more popular characters for less popular ones (like Zero Suit Samus).

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, he didn't put in a bunch of demanded characters like King K. Rool, Ridley, etc and he skipped over more popular characters for less popular ones (like Zero Suit Samus).
I don't know anyone who even wanted Zamus. I know people SUGGESTED it rarely, but nobody liked it as far as I know. But yeah, K. Rool and Ridley were totally dropped for Diddy Kong and Zamus. Not fair at all.

And what was it he had used as an excuse? "They would be slow?" What kind of excuse is THAT?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well I personally think that he's saving those characters for the most awesome Smash Bros ever. Just my opinion tho.
That's what my friend told me, he had said...

"Don't get mad at Sakurai, just wait. He'll piss us all off even more in Smash 4 with 10 cuts and a new roster of 50, half of it clones, add air tripping, make an SSE that's five times longer...

But then he'll release Smash 5, which will have every single character, uncloned, new final smash, every stage, every item, high speed, great techs, high power, smaller characters (For more fighting room), no tripping, and the ability to turn hazards on or off. Smash 4 will make us hate him, but then he'll surprise us by giving us the greatest game we have ever seen that has combined two or more series."

.........I dunno. If he's right for once, I swear it would amaze us all. People would stop playing every smash and immediatly grab Smash 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom