• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
There should definetely be the dude from Legend of the Fisher King, a game not many people know. His moveset would be sweet :)
I don't know who that is. Could you enlighten me? And if somebody is from a game that not many people have played, they shouldn't be in (well, there are exceptions, but people like Ice Climbers/ROB etc. and expect them to return.)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
There should definetely be the dude from Legend of the Fisher King, a game not many people know. His moveset would be sweet :)
lol, isn't that a movie. XD

I'll try to look and see if he's in a game or not, but so far, I don't think he's been in a game.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
The next third party i think should be incorperated should be something from konami. I would love to see someone from something like the castlevania series (especially SOTN alucard) He would be so sweet and i can already think of many different moveset possibilities

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
The next third party i think should be incorperated should be something from konami. I would love to see someone from something like the castlevania series (especially SOTN alucard) He would be so sweet and i can already think of many different moveset possibilities
Snake is already from Konami. :p But yeah, a Castlevania rep (Simon?) would be a nice addition if Konami's okay with it.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Snake is already from Konami. :p But yeah, a Castlevania rep (Simon?) would be a nice addition if Konami's okay with it.
But it's not like Snake deserves to be in. Nearly all of his history is on non-Nintendo consoles. Snake only got in because the creator was a friend of Sakurai.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
But it's not like Snake deserves to be in. Nearly all of his history is on non-Nintendo consoles. Snake only got in because the creator was a friend of Sakurai.
But it's not like Snake deserves to be kicked out, either. He has a VERY unique fighting style and plenty of people would be upset to have him booted. I guess they potentially could, what with his role in the Metal Gear series ending (I... think? Feel free to correct me here), but it would be a real shame.

But hey, I don't see why we can't have two Konami reps. It'd be fair, considering this is their second game. Same with Sega.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
But it's not like Snake deserves to be kicked out, either. He has a VERY unique fighting style and plenty of people would be upset to have him booted. I guess they potentially could, what with his role in the Metal Gear series ending (I... think? Feel free to correct me here), but it would be a real shame.

But hey, I don't see why we can't have two Konami reps. It'd be fair, considering this is their second game. Same with Sega.
They would mostly be upset because he's so broken and simple to use. :bee: And for some reason, I feel like there should be new third parties every game to make it more focused on Nintendo. And limit them to 2 for the same reason.
But Sakurai doesn't give a **** about my opinion. :ohwell:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
rayquaza should be a pokeball instead of a boss. he could use a much larger version of his energy ball attack. (i forget what it's called.)
Dragon Pulse and I guess he should be a Pokeball, but who's going to be the villain for Pokemon?

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Dragon Pulse and I guess he should be a Pokeball, but who's going to be the villain for Pokemon?
They could use any Pokemon, really. It's not like Rayquaza was ever a villain
or ever lived in a freakin' lake

I want to see Arceus as a boss. It would be so awesome. Just think about it... not to mention it'd be a good way to represent the god Alpha Pokemon.

Um... Darkrai, maybe?
I think Darkrai would make a good playable character. But that's just me. :p

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
They could use any Pokemon, really. It's not like Rayquaza was ever a villain
or ever lived in a freakin' lake

I want to see Arceus as a boss. It would be so awesome. Just think about it... not to mention it'd be a good way to represent the god Alpha Pokemon.

I think Darkrai would make a good playable character. But that's just me. :p
Yeah. Pokemon definitely has the popularity. Maybe a "Dark Pokemon Trainer" with Mewtwo, Darkrai and Gastly?

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Yeah. Pokemon definitely has the popularity. Maybe a "Dark Pokemon Trainer" with Mewtwo, Darkrai and Gastly?
Much like with the idea of a 5th gen (or whatever) Pokemon Trainer, I dislike this idea as it would detract from Pokemon Trainer's originality. Admittedly, though, this is probably the best idea for a second PT that I've heard. Maybe Gengar instead of Gastly? He's a bit more notable, and would still easily be the weakest Pokemon of the trio standing next to two Legendaries. :p

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Much like with the idea of a 5th gen (or whatever) Pokemon Trainer, I dislike this idea as it would detract from Pokemon Trainer's originality. Admittedly, though, this is probably the best idea for a second PT that I've heard. Maybe Gengar instead of Gastly? He's a bit more notable, and would still easily be the weakest Pokemon of the trio standing next to two Legendaries. :p
Yes, but how about Darkrai and Mewtwo being actual playables, while the PT has Gengar, Mismagius, and Rotom?

Also, a few years ago, I was searching for new Pokemon Info, and I came upon a great idea. A Steel, Psychic, and Ghost starter team.

My preference would be that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
oyi oyi, lets not get carried away, pokemon can get only so many new comers, i'd say 2 character slots max.

but a PT showing new types would be nice. IMO Steel shouldn't be included since Lucario is already steel.

I'm thinking Psychic, Dark, Fighting make a better threesome since they have a triangle. Sadly Lucario is fighting too.

idea!! Eeveelution team. Jolteon, Umbreon, and Glaceon (one from each generation[personally my favorite ones lol]) cause having all 7 would be WAAAAY to confusing/time consuming.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
As it is now, a single Pokemon 5th gen rep is the most likely, but another Pokemon Trainer can't be ruled out. There's really no point in debating what the three Pokemon will be, since we really don't know. It could be an Eeveelution team, or it could be another set of starters. Who knows?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Eeveelution is a popular set of pokemon and they are perfect for a trainer type character. Pretty much why I mention them.

Although Pluse and Minon (w/e the spelling is) sounded interesting, i think they won't get another chance to get in.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Personally, the eeveelution is a great idea.

I'd like to see Glaceon, Umbreon, and Flareon.

Glaceon because Ice is my favorite type, Umbreon because Dark is another one of my favorite types, and Flareon because we need a Physical attack oriented type.

Still, I'd really like to see a Dark, Steel, and Psychic PT.

SOHNIC 93

Smash Rookie
Since when is Sonic related to Ristar? That game just featured in mega collection, and Nights is just another SEGA character who cameos occasionally in Sonic games. Sonic is his own game, those two aren't involved.
Sorry I think you interpretation of what I was trying to say is incorrect I know that Sonic is his own game there is no need for you to tell me this. Ristar is a character created by SEGA ( 3rd party character) and so is Knights. I was just trying to say if one SEGA character can be in there why not more?

Sorry for the misunderstanding : P-LOL

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I feel the same way, but it seems like when Pokemon gets another rep- which it will, it's a gigantic series- it'l probably be a Pokemon Trainer style thing... I mean, what other Pokemon are there that are popular enough to be playable? Well, Mewtwo, but he'll probably replace Lucario.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I sure wonder why noone ever considers Impa as possible addition to the roster of Smash in their constant arguments about a new Zelda character... Even for a clone spot as clone of Sheik, maybe?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If anything for LoT, they should declone toon link and give him unique Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/Next game he appears in.. specials.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If anything for LoT, they should declone toon link and give him unique Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/Next game he appears in.. specials.
I agree on Toon Link being far more decloned.

Though, after characters like Toon Zelda/Sheik, Vaati, Toon Ganon, Midna/Wolf Link and Zant have been mentioned, I felt that I should point out Impa, as well.
I think she is even more important than Vaati, Midna/Wolf Link and Zant put together, considering that she has been in the series since the very first game (although she was an old woman back then), plays an important role as Zelda's nursemaid and bodyguard, and does have at least clone potential.
I know that Ocarina of Time was basically the last game she really appeared in (next to the Oracle-subseries), but she has been referenced throughout the newer games (Wind Waker and Twilight Princess to be exact).

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I agree on Toon Link being far more decloned.

Though, after characters like Toon Zelda/Sheik, Vaati, Toon Ganon, Midna/Wolf Link and Zant have been mentioned, I felt that I should point out Impa, as well.
I think she is even more important than Vaati, Midna/Wolf Link and Zant put together, considering that she has been in the series since the very first game (although she was an old woman back then), plays an important role as Zelda's nursemaid and bodyguard, and does have at least clone potential.
Toon Link should definitely be decloned, as he is so much different then regular Link canonically.

And I've never heard support for Impa before... but as I think about it, it makes sense... but if we get another Zelda rep, it'll be Tingle, because he's very popular in Japan.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And I've never heard support for Impa before... but as I think about it, it makes sense... but if we get another Zelda rep, it'll be Tingle, because he's very popular in Japan.
Haha. I guess the fact I read up on her and the Sheikah just a few days ago did leave some impression.

I guess you could think of Tingle, but if Sakurai stays with the "there are characters who don't fight and those we included as ATs", Tingle maybe can fall into that section. I mean, what does Tingle do besides collecting Rupees, drawing maps, flying on a balloon and saying "Tingle Tingle Koompah-Loo" (or how his spell was)?
Correct, nothing. Tingle is popular, but his fighting abilities are not really... up there. Unlike Zelda always using magic since the beginning and representing the Triforce of Wisdom as well as being kind of a priestess and avatar for Naryu.

If, then Impa would make, imo, much more sense. As said, even only if being Sheik's clone. Impa has not really a big fanbase, and I never heard support for her either, but she does have importance to the series, and is one of the more forgotten characters, as well... unfortunately, to be honest, as she is one of the more major ones and has seen the series since the very first game along with Link, Zelda and Ganon. No other character who is considered can say that.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Haha. I guess the fact I read up on her and the Sheikah just a few days ago did leave some impression.

I guess you could think of Tingle, but if Sakurai stays with the "there are characters who don't fight and those we included as ATs", Tingle maybe can fall into that section. I mean, what does Tingle do besides collecting Rupees, drawing maps, flying on a balloon and saying "Tingle Tingle Koompah-Loo" (or how his spell was)?
Correct, nothing. Tingle is popular, but his fighting abilities are not really... up there. Unlike Zelda always using magic since the beginning and representing the Triforce of Wisdom as well as being kind of a priestess and avatar for Naryu.

If, then Impa would make, imo, much more sense. As said, even only if being Sheik's clone. Impa has not really a big fanbase, and I never heard support for her either, but she does have importance to the series, and is one of the more forgotten characters, as well... unfortunately, to be honest, as she is one of the more major ones and has seen the series since the very first game along with Link, Zelda and Ganon. No other character who is considered can say that.
Well, not being able to fight doesn't deprive you a playability. Just look at ROB. And Tingle even has his own game, the Rosy Rupeeland thing.

I honestly don't want Tingle in, but I think he's inevitable because Japan is all Sakurai cares about. He could fight with, say, Tingle Bombs or bodyguards from Rupeeland.

And I'd be okay with Impa, but if she got in, there would be some massive backlash. People want female characters in, but they'd be upset if the character is unattractive. Krystal is equal or less important to her series than Impa. Why do you think she gets support? Because of TEH FURRIES.

Yeah, Impa got the short end of the stick. Important, but no support because you can't **** *** to her. Hopefully she gets cosmetic surgery in the next Zelda so she can get some support. I probably haven't thought of her because I subconsciously want Rouge the Bat or something for SSB4.

To paraphrase one of Chronobound/Snakey's essays: "Barbara [in Daigasso! Band Brothers] has two popular and well-liked games. Why doesn't she get support? Oh yeah- because she's UGLY."

In a perfect world, females in video games would look realistic, but they would never sell. Barely any girls play video games. I mean, how many girls can you think of on Smashboards? KumaOso... yeah.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, not being able to fight doesn't deprive you a playability. Just look at ROB. And Tingle even has his own game, the Rosy Rupeeland thing.
I know, but the same could apply for the Nintendogs or any Animal Crossing character.

I honestly don't want Tingle in, but I think he's inevitable because Japan is all Sakurai cares about. He could fight with, say, Tingle Bombs or bodyguards from Rupeeland.
Not that much anymore, actually... if this were true, then why would all the new additions of the roster besides Lucas be international? Of course Japan is far more important to Japanese developers. Consider that Marth was nearly cut back in Melee because of him being Japan-exclusive, but Nintendo of America liked him, hence they kept him.

And I'd be okay with Impa, but if she got in, there would be some massive backlash. People want female characters in, but they'd be upset if the character is unattractive. Krystal is equal or less important to her series than Impa. Why do you think she gets support? Because of TEH FURRIES.
Impa is being far more important than Krystal. She was the one who initiated the first journey of Link in the very first game, and has been an important character to the plot in pretty much every game she appeared in, not to mention that she has more personality than Krystal ever could get, is in more games, and not to mention from a far more important and not overly represented series like Star Fox. ;P
Besides, not only furries support Krystal. Stop saying that, please. =P

Yeah, Impa got the short end of the stick. Important, but no support because you can't **** *** to her. Hopefully she gets cosmetic surgery in the next Zelda so she can get some support. I probably haven't thought of her because I subconsciously want Rouge the Bat or something for SSB4.
I guess Impa has hardly any support because she simply isn't popular. Yes, I agree, that may have to do with her looks, but I see her getting in over Vaati or Midna any day. Why? Because she has something going for her others don't: Being in the series since day 1, something only 3 other characters can say: Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.

To paraphrase one of Chronobound/Snakey's essays: "Barbara [in Daigasso! Band Brothers] has two popular and well-liked games. Why doesn't she get support? Oh yeah- because she's UGLY."
I honestly never thought of Barbara... That's a good point. Guitar/Music based moveset, eh? But yes, her looks may also play into this. Characters who don't look cool, of course, aren't cool at all. That's how it goes in videogaming.

In a perfect world, females in video games would look realistic, but they would never sell. Barely any girls play video games. I mean, how many girls can you think of on Smashboards? KumaOso... PrincessPeachLuvr13... yeah.
PPL is male. Just saying. :p
And I know of several females on Smashboards, two of them even being in moderator positions.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I know, but the same could apply for the Nintendogs or any Animal Crossing character.
Good point, but Tingle fought in his game. Well, with bodyguards, but same difference.

Not that much anymore, actually... if this were true, then why would all the new additions of the roster besides Lucas be international? Of course Japan is far more important to Japanese developers. Consider that Marth was nearly cut back in Melee because of him being Japan-exclusive, but Nintendo of America liked him, hence they kept him.
Sorry, I'm angry that I can't find a way to play Earthbound and Mother 3 is Japan-exclusive. I guess I just have to download Tomato's patch, if my computer can run it and I can figure out how to get it on my DS.

Impa is being far more important than Krystal. She was the one who initiated the first journey of Link in the very first game, and has been an important character to the plot in pretty much every game she appeared in, not to mention that she has more personality than Krystal ever could get, is in more games, and not to mention from a far more important and not overly represented series like Star Fox. ;P
Besides, not only furries support Krystal. Stop saying that, please. =P
Oh really? I haven't really played Star Fox games. And you have to agree that most of Krystal's support comes from furries.

I guess Impa has hardly any support because she simply isn't popular. Yes, I agree, that may have to do with her looks, but I see her getting in over Vaati or Midna any day. Why? Because she has something going for her others don't: Being in the series since day 1, something only 3 other characters can say: Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.
And the old man! :bee: But I think attractiveness does have a bearing on who gets in. And I *do* think she's better than Vaati... and Midna... why do people support Midna? Ending of Twilight Princess.

I honestly never thought of Barbara... That's a good point. Guitar/Music based moveset, eh? But yes, her looks may also play into this. Characters who don't look cool, of course, aren't cool at all. That's how it goes in videogaming.
Yeah. Poor Barbara.

PPL is male. Just saying. :p
And I know of several females on Smashboards, two of them even being in moderator positions.
Fair enough. You've been around far longer than me. But you have to agree it's at least 80% male.
Also, read this. Pretty interesting.

I want Mr. Clean as a playable character.
B: Wipe
B>: Spray
B^: Chandelier Climb
Bv: TV Screen Wipe
Final Smash: Mr. Clean Commercial

And that wiper broom as an assist trophy! :bee:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That is an epic Mr. Clean moveset. Someone has to put it in the create you're character thread.

things are gonna get a be clean, he's gonna wipe the floor with you. Omg perfect dthrow! He wipes the foor with you! Deals even more damage to people who are in the way ;O a doubles tactic!

on a less serious point: Tingle is like Olimar.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
That is an epic Mr. Clean moveset. Someone has to put it in the create you're character thread.

things are gonna get a be clean, he's gonna wipe the floor with you. Omg perfect dthrow! He wipes the foor with you! Deals even more damage to people who are in the way ;O a doubles tactic!

on a less serious point: Tingle is like Olimar.
Dash Attack: Mr. Clean pushes a janitor cart! Slow, but spills everywhere and is really powerful if it connects!

I guess Tingle is sorta like Olimar.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Good point, but Tingle fought in his game. Well, with bodyguards, but same difference.
Granted, I never played Freshly Picked Rosee Rupeeland, so sue me.

Sorry, I'm angry that I can't find a way to play Earthbound and Mother 3 is Japan-exclusive. I guess I just have to download Tomato's patch, if my computer can run it and I can figure out how to get it on my DS.
EarthBound has been released in America, though. So that's that. And Lucas was included most likely as a kind of hommage, considering Mother 3 was the last installment of the series. He is the only new Japan-only addition. I know that. =P

Oh really? I haven't really played Star Fox games. And you have to agree that most of Krystal's support comes from furries.
I did play almost all of them and I am not fond of Krystal. In fact, I despite her for the Mary Sue she is. Even more Mary Sue than any other character in the series. And I wouldn't know, the furries I know supported more Ridley and Wolf rather than Krystal, and considering I know a lot of them... Myes.

And the old man! :bee: But I think attractiveness does have a bearing on who gets in. And I *do* think she's better than Vaati... and Midna... why do people support Midna? Ending of Twilight Princess.
Old Man for SSB4! XD Seriously, though... I just was told Vaati was the main villain in 2 games and appeared in 3, so he does have a chance, too. But I'd prefer Impa over him. As for Midna and any other Twilight Princess character - that's because TP is very popular and the most recent game. That's basically it.

Fair enough. You've been around far longer than me. But you have to agree it's at least 80% male.
Also, read this. Pretty interesting.
Yes, that's true, as females aren't that interested into games usually. And I'll read it later.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Granted, I never played Freshly Picked Rosee Rupeeland, so sue me.
I didn't either- I just looked at the Wikipedia article- so you don't have to look at me like that.

EarthBound has been released in America, though. So that's that. And Lucas was included most likely as a kind of hommage, considering Mother 3 was the last installment of the series. He is the only new Japan-only addition. I know that. =P
I don't have a SNES, so I can't get it. Lame, because I think I would enjoy it. Earthbound for Virtual Console.

I did play almost all of them and I am not fond of Krystal. In fact, I despite her for the Mary Sue she is. Even more Mary Sue than any other character in the series. And I wouldn't know, the furries I know supported more Ridley and Wolf rather than Krystal, and considering I know a lot of them... Myes.
Ridley's supported by furries? Now, if I support him, I'll look like a hypocrite. :(

Old Man for SSB4! XD Seriously, though... I just was told Vaati was the main villain in 2 games and appeared in 3, so he does have a chance, too. But I'd prefer Impa over him. As for Midna and any other Twilight Princess character - that's because TP is very popular and the most recent game. That's basically it.
Yeah, Vaati is somewhat viable. And I guess I'd prefer Impa too. And as to Twilight Princess, yes, being more recent makes it more popular
but not as if it deserves to be popular, as it stole so many things from Ocarina of Time
. But if Midna
stayed in her decidedly un-attractive imp form for the entire game
then maybe we would have support for Impa or Vaati or something.

Yes, that's true, as females aren't that interested into games usually. And I'll read it later.
Yep, and that's why Ivy and Taki exist. And the essay is pretty interesting. Snakey/Chronobound's usually are.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I didn't either- I just looked at the Wikipedia article- so you don't have to look at me like that.
lawl.

I don't have a SNES, so I can't get it. Lame, because I think I would enjoy it. Earthbound for Virtual Console.
I live in Europe, we never had any of the series over here, yet I knew who Ness was when SSB64 came out. =P

Ridley's supported by furries? Now, if I support him, I'll look like a hypocrite. :(
Why's that a problem to like a character furries like? O-o

Yeah, Vaati is somewhat viable. And I guess I'd prefer Impa too. And as to Twilight Princess, yes, being more recent makes it more popular
but not as if it deserves to be popular, as it stole so many things from Ocarina of Time
. But if Midna
stayed in her decidedly un-attractive imp form for the entire game
then maybe we would have support for Impa or Vaati or something.
Lulz @ Spoilers
Never played Twilight Princess, and OoT was the last Zelda game I've played, so I can't say much. I only played the games prior to OoT - including the CDi ones - and Impa does play a major role in the majority of them.

Yep, and that's why Ivy and Taki exist. And the essay is pretty interesting. Snakey/Chronobound's usually are.
I read it, it was quite interesting indeed. :3

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Lawl indeed.

I live in Europe, we never had any of the series over here, yet I knew who Ness was when SSB64 came out. =P
When I first played Brawl, I thought that Ness and Lucas were from the same game, and that Ness was a secondary party member in Mother 3. :urg:

Why's that a problem to like a character furries like? O-o
Um... okay, you got me. But Krystal still shouldn't be in.

Lulz @ Spoilers
Never played Twilight Princess, and OoT was the last Zelda game I've played, so I can't say much. I only played the games prior to OoT - including the CDi ones - and Impa does play a major role in the majority of them.
Be glad you didn't play Twilight Princess, as it wasn't very good. I was so bored with it I never beat the final boss. I regret that now, as it was a rental.

I read it, it was quite interesting indeed. :3
Sure is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom