• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I don't think misty would get in. She is a gym leader but i think mewtwo deserves it over her. Also, Giovanni is more important to the game than misty and he has more deserving pokemon. Also, do we really need more trainers anyways. The whole trainer thing is already used and his originality is pretty much all he has going for him due to the stamina problem (which should be fixed).

Also for stages, i think we need an arena. Something with a crowd that doesn't change. The closest thing we have to a place meant to be fought in is pokemon stadium, and i really want an arena.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I don't think misty would get in. She is a gym leader but i think mewtwo deserves it over her. Also, Giovanni is more important to the game than misty and he has more deserving pokemon. Also, do we really need more trainers anyways. The whole trainer thing is already used and his originality is pretty much all he has going for him due to the stamina problem (which should be fixed).

Also for stages, i think we need an arena. Something with a crowd that doesn't change. The closest thing we have to a place meant to be fought in is pokemon stadium, and i really want an arena.
Thank you! Mewtwo should be in.

An arena would be pretty cool. At least it would be cooler than Pokemon Stadium 3. :p

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
They should make a female PT alternate costume IMO. Hell everyone should have alternate costumes.
I'm not sure about alt costumes for every character. It might seem a little feigned with some characters.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Kaptain K. Rool! Shadow! Liquid!
*ahem* Dark Peach! Mr. L! Dark Samus! Pichu! Pokemon Rival! James McCloud! Boshi! Dry Bowser! Funky Kong! Dixie Kong! Toon Ganondorf! Maskless Meta Knight! Masked Dedede! Louie! Roy! Ninten! Okay I'm done.

And those are just ideas for the Brawl cast. If SSB4 has about 50 characters and they didn't skimp on the alt costumes... well, we'd essentially have something like 70-80 characters total represented as playable. That would be... amazing. Absolutely amazing.

...I'm just worried it won't fit on a disk. Let's hope that the next Nintendo system has huge storage capacity on its disks. ^_^

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Funky Kong is badass.

Some characters actually have MORE THAN ONE outfit, such as Ike. He has FOUR different looks. (two in PoR and two in RD) Imagine buffed Ike in Smash bros xD that is some intimidation right there.

Maybe with this, Raichu/Pichu(Maybe not since his tail is short) can be alternates for Pikachu ;o

I just hope some characters who SHOULD be their own character end up becoming alternates. (And technically isn't Daisy already an alt xD??)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
...I'm just worried it won't fit on a disk. Let's hope that the next Nintendo system has huge storage capacity on its disks. ^_^
That would easily fit on the disk. I think that Brawl only took up like 3/4 of the Wii's disk space, and that's because of the SSE. ON the next Nintendo console they should easily be able to fit 50-ish movesets and 70 or so character models.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
That would easily fit on the disk. I think that Brawl only took up like 3/4 of the Wii's disk space, and that's because of the SSE. ON the next Nintendo console they should easily be able to fit 50-ish movesets and 70 or so character models.
Yeah, and it would be on the Wii 2, which would probably have lots of processing power.

Dark Peach!
You mean the Shadow Queen? :p

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Which is why they used double layer DVD, right?

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, not everyone. I mean, what are you going to do for the Ice Climbers of G&W for example? But there should be more. Many more. Wario shouldn't be alone in his specialness any longer!

Game and watch has mrs. game and watch, chef game and watch. Ice climbers might as well have Nana in first.

It's not hard to think of alt costumes. Most characters have multiple costumes in their regular games, it would be pretty easy.

Mario-Strikers version
Luigi- Mr. L
Bowser- Dry bowser
Peach- Daisy (or shadow peach is daisy is playable)
D.K.- Funky Kong
Diddy- Dixie
Yoshi- Boshi( or birdo)
Wario-classic
Link- Zora suit
Zelda/Sheik- Toon Zelda tetra
Ganondorf- Toon Ganon
TOon link- Young link
Samus- Dark samus
Zero suit- Zero suit in the Bikini version
Pit- Demon
Ice climbers- nana in front
R.O.B.- Ancient Minister possibly
Fox-James McCloud
Falco-
Wolf- Panther
Captain Falcon- Blood Falcon
Pikachu- An oversized Pichu
Pokemon trainer- Female with pokemon bows
Lucario-
Jigglypuff- An oversized Igglybuff
Marth-He has multiple costumes in his game right?
Ike- Same as Marth
Ness- Ninten
Lucas-
G&W- Mrs. Game and watch, Chef
Snake- liquid snake/ old snake
Sonic- Shadow (duh)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Peach- Daisy (or shadow peach is daisy is playable)
Daisy is already a alternative costume, and I'd rather think Rosalina would get an alt costume before Shadow Peach does.

Diddy- Dixie
Diddy already has a color that resembles Dixie. Considering Diddy has moves involving his tail, that would mean changing the hitbox of the move to fit for Dixie's pony.

Yoshi- Boshi( or birdo)
Boshi is a good choice, but Birdo isn't because of the same reasons Dixie can't be an alt. costume for Diddy: Birdo lacks the tongue and the second jump ability of Yoshi.

Link- Zora suit
Already in Smash since 64...?

Zelda/Sheik- Toon Zelda tetra
Ganondorf- Toon Ganon
TOon link- Young link
Wouldn't make much sense due to the completely different body physiques.

Zero suit- Zero suit in the Bikini version
You would like that, wouldn't you...

Pit- Demon
What Demon? Besides there's already the black version. They rather should fix the black version so it doesn't drop white feathers instead of actually black ones.

Ice climbers- nana in front
Well, that does already exist, too. Some of the colour changes put Nana in front. If you mean that with the same colour, good luck in a match where 2 people take the same colour scheme except for one having Nana the other one Popo in front.

R.O.B.- Ancient Minister possibly
Ancient Minister has no arms.

Captain Falcon- Blood Falcon
Is already in as alt. colour, even with the Blood Falcon symbol on his back.

Pikachu- An oversized Pichu
Jigglypuff- An oversized Igglybuff
Although not as apparent as with Dixie and Birdo, those two wouldn't work out too well, imo.

Ness- Ninten
Lucas-
I'm surprised you didn't put Claus as Lucas' alt (so I could tell you he's in as another alt colour scheme, the one with the redd-ish hair)... Anyway, Ninten basically looks like Ness, just with blue shoes instead red ones.

The other I can agree with, though do you mind showing me a picture of "Mrs. Game & Watch"? I've never heard of such a character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think he means the Zora Armor or whatever it's called from Twilight Princess

I would like the magic armor as an alternate costume or something, actually

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
The other I can agree with, though do you mind showing me a picture of "Mrs. Game & Watch"? I've never heard of such a character.
I can't find a picture, but she was in some Game and Watch games. For example, in Oil Panic, if you missed an oil drop, it would fall on her.

And I like your new avatar.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
I demand a better storyline in number four! Here I was all excited about SSE only to be let down by the fact everyone minus Snake was practically a mime!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I can't find a picture, but she was in some Game and Watch games. For example, in Oil Panic, if you missed an oil drop, it would fall on her.
Ahh... Hmm... I don't really remember Oil Panic or any other game showing a female character, but then again I owned the G&W things sooooooooo long ago and haven't played them in like at least 13 years or so. lol

And I like your new avatar.
I-No rite? *ba-da-ching*

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Don't you think that there should have been more characters like ice-climbers and olimar? Would you like to see that in furture games?

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I'd rather they focus a lot more on the core fighting gameplay, rather than a "cool! new! original!" storyline for adventure mode that 95% of people will only play for 5 days out of the months and years of usage.

No offense, but I wouldn't go back to play SSB4 because it had voice acting, just like how I don't go back to play Brawl just because its adventure mode had a storyline. A huge majority of competitive and casual gamers go back and play the Smash series for the actual fighting.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I demand a better storyline in number four! Here I was all excited about SSE only to be let down by the fact everyone minus Snake was practically a mime!
What about the "GREAT!!! AETHER!!!" That Ike shouted out? D:

Also, a lot characters in Smash can't talk or don't talk in their games.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
They made Brawl's classic mode too long, I don't even feel like completing it. >.>;
Plus Brawl's all-star mode is boring and tedious now. There's no variety. The same characters (with the excption of Samus & ZZS, but who really cares?) in the same order (group class ie. Mushroom Kingdom, Zelda, Pokemon, etc.).

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I'd rather they focus a lot more on the core fighting gameplay, rather than a "cool! new! original!" storyline for adventure mode that 95% of people will only play for 5 days out of the months and years of usage.

No offense, but I wouldn't go back to play SSB4 because it had voice acting, just like how I don't go back to play Brawl just because its adventure mode had a storyline. A huge majority of competitive and casual gamers go back and play the Smash series for the actual fighting.
If the SSE was made better I think it would be a great addition. As it is I know that it's a bit of an entertaining thing to do when you're alone and don't want to play the crappy All-Star Mode or Classic Mode (which should be fixed for SSB4 as they were actually FUN in Melee). If SSE just encompassed more genres into one game like it SHOULD HAVE (Metroid's puzzles, Mario's platforming, and Pokemon's fighting, for example) and thus was more like Melee's Adventure mode it would've been really good.

The main problem with the SSE was that it tried to be a cool awesome crossover platformer/beat-em-up but failed to actually crossover anything besides characters and a few enemies. The execution doomed it from the start. If they would just make it incorporate stuff from all the series it would work SO much better.

Plot-wise, voice acting would help a lot. The SSE had WAY too many unexplained concepts (they have a page on the Dojo!! for crying out loud!). That shouldn't happen. Ever. The new SSE doesn't even need a "deep" story... it just needs to make SENSE without former knowledge. Whatever happened to that promised character development? All of this would work SO much better with a few voices. Obviously they shouldn't make characters who typically don't talk have speech or anything, but characters who already speak a lot (Fox, Snake, Sonic...) should be able to use that wonderful skill.

...the irony about speech is that, despite the SSE having no voice acting (well, no REAL voice acting) the MAIN GAME gave a character who other publishers have made conscience decisions NOT to have speak speak. Seriously, guys... ZSS shoudn't talk. At all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
...the irony about speech is that, despite the SSE having no voice acting (well, no REAL voice acting) the MAIN GAME gave a character who other publishers have made conscience decisions NOT to have speak speak. Seriously, guys... ZSS shoudn't talk. At all.
Samus does indeed speak in her own games, albeit rarely. All Brawl did with Samus was giving her a voice.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Samus does indeed speak in her own games, albeit rarely. All Brawl did with Samus was giving her a voice.
She speaks in text, sure, but when the creators of Metroid Prime 3 deliberately keep away from giving Samus any dialogue when everyone else in the game speaks fully you'd think that Sakurai and co. would get a clue.

Speech in the story mode would have to be handled very, very carefully.
Yes. Yes it would. Like with Samus... though she "speaks" through text, giving her a voice in Brawl didn't seem like the best idea to me. You'd have to consider a lot of factors to decide who gets to talk, who gets to exclaim, and who gets to shut their mouths.

Like Zelda or Ganondorf... I can't see them working well with voice actors beyond the usual grunts even though they spoke through text in the games.

Edit: Heck, they could even use subtitles for some circumstances. Like, say, with Animal Crossing characters... giving them a voice actor would just NOT work, but they could perhaps talk in Animalese and have subtitles... maybe?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Edit: Heck, they could even use subtitles for some circumstances. Like, say, with Animal Crossing characters... giving them a voice actor would just NOT work, but they could perhaps talk in Animalese and have subtitles... maybe?
You made me imagine Master Hand talking with a voice like Tom Nook's. :laugh:

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
There should definetely be the dude from Legend of the Fisher King, a game not many people know. His moveset would be sweet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom