• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
What's that supposed to be?

Also, unless Lucario reaches amazingly popular status in the next few years, he'll probably be cut.

It's just some cute pink dog that I found.

Useful info: Pokemon went downhill after the first 250.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
In what ways?
Everything lost it's novelty. The first 150 were great because it was somewhat groundbreaking. The next 100 were even better because the hype of a sequel to one of the best games of all time was huge. And it lived up to the hype. After 250, the Pokemon had lost the novelty in many people's eyes as an RPG and was really just more of the same.

My two cents.

Edit: And I hope you were joking when you asked what that creature was.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Everything lost it's novelty. The first 150 were great because it was somewhat groundbreaking. The next 100 were even better because the hype of a sequel to one of the best games of all time was huge. And it lived up to the hype. After 250, the Pokemon had lost the novelty in many people's eyes as an RPG and was really just more of the same.

My two cents.

Edit: And I hope you were joking when you asked what that creature was.
Well, not everything can stay a fad forever I guess.

And I can't really see the picture, so....I guess it's a Pokemonz?

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
And I can't really see the picture, so....I guess it's a Pokemonz?
Either I'm getting trolled hard, or the point made about old characters not being as popular a few pages back was proven.

Either way, it's Slowpoke, one of the original 150.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Either I'm getting trolled hard, or the point made about old characters not being as popular a few pages back was proven.

Either way, it's Slowpoke, one of the original 150.
Show me your moves slowpoke. I can't see the pic that you apparently posted.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
While I agree that Sandslash the first 150 were the best, I still like the new Pokemon, for the most part. It's just that most of us who were with Pokemon from the beginning have a deeper appreciation for Gengar the first 150 than some of the Pokemon newcomers. It's like anything, though, those who knew them love Starmie the classics.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
While I agree that Vulpix the first 150 were the best, I still like the new Pokemon, for the most part. It's just that most of us who were with Pokemon from the beginning have a deeper appreciation for Blastoise the first 150 than some of the Pokemon newcomers. It's like anything, though, those who knew them love Vaporeon the classics.
I humbly agree, SirKibble.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
****it why did my image not work.

Anyway it's totally obvious that the best Pokemon ever was Psyduck. Not only was he mentally unstable, he was a freakin' DUCK.

Just how many DUCK Pokemon are there? Not many.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
So, what you're saying is, the games didn't get worse or anything, but people just got tired of them. Therefore, it wasn't pokemon that went downhill, it was people's opinion of it.

Just trying to be the devil's advocate here. What you are saying has nothing to actually do with the quality of the game (Which certainly went up, what with balance and graphical improvements and such), or the pokemon (Which is completely based on opinion.).

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
So, what you're saying is, the games didn't get worse or anything, but people just got tired of them. Therefore, it wasn't pokemon that went downhill, it was people's opinion of it.
That's pretty much correct. Although if the creators added more new things to do rather than just like 400 new creatures, that would help the game go uphill.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
****it why did my image not work.

Anyway it's totally obvious that the best Pokemon ever was Psyduck. Not only was he mentally unstable, he was a freakin' DUCK.

Just how many DUCK Pokemon are there? Not many.
FARFETCH'D!

Just curious, what's the last Pokemon gme you played?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I stopped after Gold/Silver. I tried Pearl but then I realized 'Wow, this is the exact same thing as the last 5'.
Of course, down at the very core it will always be the same (that's what spin-offs are for), but there have been many, many changes since then. I skipped the 3rd gen and picked up Pearl and even borrowed my friend's Sapphire over the summer to play through it, and it's all still as addicting as it was in the beginning for me (argh!)

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I stopped after Gold/Silver. I tried Pearl but then I realized 'Wow, this is the exact same thing as the last 5'.
I'm sure FE fans should feel the same way.

Anyway, there are some really major improvements added in Pearl. The touchscreen system is just sublime for battles, and of course there is the underground, which could be released as a game in itself.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice

Anyway, there are some really major improvements added in Pearl. The touchscreen system is just sublime for battles, and of course there is the underground, which could be released as a game in itself.
Hmm wow, what is this "Underground" of which you speak?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

+physical and special attack split, abilities, wireless/online battling, contests (even though they're a bit campy), online trading, breeding improvements, new evolution methods, and most importantly, cool new Pokemon
Giratina
!

The Underground in Diamond and Pearl versions is an area below the region that you can put your Secret Base in, dig for various items, and play with other people in.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Okay i have a few things to adress first.
I don't and have never liked the idea of cutting characters so if nintendo was smart they wouldnt cut people, especially bcuz this time there aren't any real clones except link and tlink.

I'm not big on the idea of different characters as Alt Costumes. Mt reasoning is that it just isn;t that character. Take Peach Daisy, when i play the daisy colors, it doesn't feel like ur playing daisy bcuz its just peach dressed as here. She has the same voice and moves and you just feel as if your playing as peach, not daisy. I do however like the idea of alternate costumes, however in the respect of an actual different costume for the character. Like Ness and Ness in his PJ's like at the begining of earthbound. Or link in the magical armour Mario as he doc, Marth in his lord clothes Samus any variation of her suit, the light one would be kickass, etc.

People that were cut last time all can easily be put back in in different ways. The doc could be a n alternate costume bcuz it is still mario. Pichu, could be tranfereed over to Pulse and Minun, a character that ppl do seem to want and i think it would be cool to have another tandom character plus there not
1st gen. Roy they can put back in, then add lyn for a total of 4 fire emblem characters. Mewtwo, put him back, the only evil pokemon and the fact that everyone wasnt happy he was cut is enough reason for him to be back. Ylink is tlink IMO.

By the way new character i want, Toad(its overdue) Birdo, Vaati, Midna, Paula, Claus, Krystal, Leon, Pather(You can have a Starfox vs Starwolf battle 3 on 3 i'll explian a bit lower) Dixie, Krool,Mewtwo, Pulse and Minum, Roy Lyn, Dark Samus, Ridley(they can make it work) Dynablade(a strech but would be cool plus make the kirby series equal 4 reps) Lip, Megaman, and Bomberman. The people I chose were bcuz of two reasons, one alot are girls bcuz theres a serious lack of them, two all series have an even # of reps this way and have a respective partner, Mario=Luigi Peach=Toad Ness=Paula Zelda=Midna Ganon=Vaati ect.Aswell as popularity and credibility, the only strech is dynablade, thats just my own personal want character. Honerable metions, waluigi, geno,black shadow, nabooru.

Changes, Ganon gets own moveset like seriously, Roy new movset, give paula ness' pk moves, and give ness his ones from his game, same goes to lucas. Link make him better, collectivlty through out smash he has been the worst character. I could go into alot of specifics but these would be the main and biggest ones.

This is simply a theory of mine and that is about the multi man melee. When i look at this and the fact that they have 6 characters on the screen it leads to me thinking that they were flirting around the idea of have 6 fighters on the screen at the time of melee. When you look at melee they had some very simple graphic and designed wire frames. There movesets were diminished. Meaning they used simple proggraming to achieve their test run at the idea. It worked well there was no lag, or freezes during the multiman melee in melee so they kept it for the next game to flirt with the idea more. Brawl came and now its more like the FreeForAllmode . They made it so that three characters could be on the screen with 3 polygons.(2 ppl playing and the random opponent who drops in)Oppose to melee where they only had one.(one person playing) They also made it possible for 2 ppl to use controlers and put in commands along with the 4 computerize polygons inputs, thus testing if it could hadle all they infomation, which it does. The polygons are more graphic oppose to the wire frames thus seeing if the game could handle that, it does. With this i believe that with changing technology, they can achieve there goal of having 6 fighters on the screen at one time.
To me i think they will have 6 fighter on the screen next time. Sakurai said that he doesn't want to make a game simple with more characters, but new ideas and new gamplay, so what better way to alter the gameplay then to change the format of the fights from 4 to 6? Like i said above you could have A Star fox vs Star wolf match, or a mario luigi yoshi, vs wario bowswer, birdo. Think of the possibliities.

P.S. Change it back so your records show computer ko's with me some characters have like 4 ko's, i liked it better the other way

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I humbly agree, SirKibble.
Of course you do. Who couldn't agree with that?

All you gotta do is fill in three Pokemon you like. Just had to go with my personal picks. Nice choices, by the way. Vaporeon, especially.

Just trying to be the devil's advocate here. What you are saying has nothing to actually do with the quality of the game (Which certainly went up, what with balance and graphical improvements and such), or the pokemon (Which is completely based on opinion.).
This is very true. I think that's probably Pokemon's only weakness, is that it's something people can get tired of, because the core of the game has to stay the same. You can't change it, really. But that's also what makes it so great. Go figure...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Workspace for a moveset for MYM

< Great Dragon >

Despite the rather small picture above, Great Dragon is the largest of all the viruses. By the time you're using Great Dragon, you've accumulated 100% damage, and you're (hopefully) ready to lay the smackdown on your opponent. Luckily for you, Great Dragon is a killing machine. He lacks in most stats, outside of weight and power, so make use of those to score KOs for the rest of your time until you get KOed and revert back to Slime.

Great Dragon is a slow, large, and somewhat awkward character, but if you've played your cards right to this point, you shouldn't have to land more than a couple of hits before you've landed a KO. Your weight should support you long enough to land those hits, so just focus on landing a hit--any hit.

< Statistics >

Power - 10/10 - Great Dragon is a powerhouse. The majority of his moves are KO moves.
Walk - 1/10 - Great Dragon has a painfully slow walk.
Run - 2/10 - His run's not much more impressive.
Traction - 9/10 - It's pretty easy to turn around and avoid tripping over your own feet when you move so slow.
Height - 9/10 - Great Dragon is one of the largest characters in the game, being very wide as well as tall.
Weight - 10/10 - Great Dragon is a serious heavyweight, being very difficult to knock around.
Range - 3/10 - Outside of a couple of ranged moves, Great Dragon struggles to reach very far.
Jump 1 - 2/10 - Getting off the ground isn't very easy for Great Dragon.
Jump 2-4 - 2/10 - He may have three mid-air jumps, but none of them gets him a lot of height, meaning that they're more useful for maintaining your height than adding anything to it.
Falling Speed - 8/10 - Great Dragon falls rather quickly, despite his wings.
Attack Speed - 1/10 - Great Dragon is terribly slow, making those monster hits difficult to land sometimes.
Priority - 5/10 - Great Dragon has a pretty average priority on most of his attacks.
Glide - Great Dragon has the ability to glide in a similar fashion to other gliding characters. However, his is the slowest of the bunch by a long shot.

< Animations >

Standing - Great Dragon stands on his back legs, but bent over somewhat, so as to not be too tall (of course, this makes him a wider target). From time to time, he'll growl subtly or blow a thin stream of smoke from his nostrils.

Walking - Great Dragon walks forward very deliberately, taking big, slow steps. He stands more upright to do this, so he gains height while losing width.

Running - Great Dragon runs on all fours, with his wings outspread and flapping to propel him forward. This does make him move faster, but it also makes him a much bigger target than he would be otherwise.

Ground Jump - Great Dragon pushes off the ground with his hands and feet, and spreads his wings in preparation for his mid-air jumps.

Mid-air Jumps - Great Dragon pulls all limbs in close, giving his wings a big flap each time you use a mid-air jump.

Shield - Great Dragon has a normal bubble shield, but it's about twice the size of a normal character's. On the downside, it also shrinks twice as fast, both naturally and when taking hits.

< Special Attacks >

Neutral Special - Fiery Breath
Great Dragon extends his neck a short distance forward, and spews flames for about one second. These reach about as far as the flames that characters spit with the Superspicy Curry, and deal multi-hit damage that can reach up to about 10%. The lag before and after these is about twice as long as that of Charizard's Flamethrower. On the plus side, this is one of Great Dragon's only moves with a good range, so making use of it to add a little damage to your opponent's damage counter without getting in close is recommended.

Side Special - Talon Slash
Great Dragon slashes forward with one of his claws, then with the other, continuing this until he has slashed a total of six times. Each slash does 3% damage, and the last one deals tremendous diagonal knockback (the first five deal only flinching knockback to keep the victim in range of the rest). On the plus side, this has only a little lag at the beginning and end, but the hitbox is rather small, only about as large as Olimar or so, and the execution of all the hits takes about 2.5 seconds, so you'll highly susceptible to hits should you miss. If you can land it, though, this is one of Great Dragon's most potent killing moves.

Up Special - Gigantic Flap
Great Dragon flaps his wings in one massive swoop downward. This propels him upward about as far as Lucario's Extremespeed can move in a straight line. In the downward direction, over the same distance, a powerful gust of air is created that pushes opponents downward with great force. Like Mario's F.L.U.D.D. or Squirtle's Water Gun, the gust deals no damage or hitstun, but serves as an effective gimping attack, due to the fact that its push is directly downward. Great Dragon deals no damage as he rushes upward, and is left in a helpless state when this move finishes. Unlike most of his moves, this one executes fairly quickly, with about as much lag as Charizard's Fly.

Down Special - Petrify
Great Dragon's body takes on a grey-ish tint when you use this move, which takes about half a second to perform. He'll stay in this form for the next 20 seconds, taking three-quarters damage and knockback from all attacks that hit him. During the last five seconds, before reverting back to normal, he'll begin flashing rapidly between his normal and petrified forms. This effect is purely visual, and meant to serve as a warning. It's important to be wary during this time, because as the effect wears off, Great Dragon sheds his petrified skin, which takes about half a second to do. If hit while shedding the skin, Great Dragon will take normal damage and knockback from the hit. With the ending time in mind, it's important to knock your opponent(s) away before you lose the petrification, so you can be safe during the downtime. Additionally, once the Dragon sheds the petrified skin, you won't be able to use this move again until 20 seconds have passed. Using it before that time has passed will have no effect at all.

< Standard Attacks >

Neutral Attack - Growl
Great Dragon remains in his normal standing position, uttering a soft, but malicious growl for one second. Using this move before any other attack boosts the next attack's power (damage/knockback) to 1.25 times normal. That may not seem like a lot, but using it whenever you get the chance, this only increases Great Dragon's already high KOing ability. Multiple uses will not stack the effect. Only this OR the Down Tilt can be used to improve any move used.

Forward Tilt - Shaping Stone
Great Dragon's head becomes petrified, turning a grey color. He then swings it forward. This attack has Falcon Punch-like startup lag, but smashing Great Dragon's stone head against an enemy deals 25% damage and great diagonal knockback. This has okay range, but again, is very slow, having similar ending lag to its startup lag. If the move connects, the stone will shatter, leaving Great Dragon's head as it was. If it misses, his head will remain stone, slightly decreasing the startup lag of this move the next time it's used.

Up Tilt - Smoke Ring
Great Dragon leans back and blows a quick puff of smoke overhead, which forms a quick ring, then dissolves. The ring reaches a decent distance up, about the height of Link, before vanishing. Anyone it strikes will take 15% damage and okay upward knockback, immediately destroying the smoke ring. This has a lot of startup and ending lag, and isn't as powerful as most of Great Dragon's moves, but the smoke ring covers a better distance and provides a more sizeable hitbox than the majority of Great Dragon's other options.

Down Tilt - Blessing of the Spirits
Great Dragon glows a faint blue color for about one second. After this, his next attack will have a somewhat larger hitbox, as a blue spirit will surround his existing one for a short length. The cost of this, however, is that it reduces the power of his moves to 0.75 times their normal amount. This is best used if you're having trouble landing hits with Great Dragon, as it helps you get a more sizable hitbox, both for small and already-large ones. Only this OR the Neutral Attack can be used for any single move used.

Dash Attack - Vulcan Blast
Great Dragon rears his head back, preparing to launch a fireball, but trips, launching it straight down at the ground. It explodes like the ones Meta Ridley spits in his boss battle in the Subspace Emissary, making the hitbox cover approximately the width of Great Dragon, below him. It's a powerful attack, dealing 20% damage and a lot of knockback, and has a decent-sized hitbox, too. The biggest drawback to this move is the extreme amount of lag. The startup lag for this move lies about midway between that of a Falcon Punch and Warlock Punch, and there's a lot of lag afterward as well. This move is still sometimes useful, though, since it's powerful and has more range than the majority of Great Dragon's moves.

< Smash Attacks >

Forward Smash - Rampage
Great Dragon stomps down on the ground in front of him. If the Smash Attack was charged, he'll repeat this, each time moving forward and stomping to the front. At minimum charge, he'll only perform the first stomp, and at full charge, he'll stomp four times, moving forward about 1.5X a Battlefield platform's length. Each stomp deals 18% damage and good horizontal knockback. The hitbox is rather close to the ground, but with enough charge, this attack covers a respectable horizontal distance. The lag before and after the rampage is comparable to that of Ike's Forward Smash, while the time in between each stomp is such that all four of them can be completed within about one second.

Up Smash - Jaws of Hell
Great Dragon rears his head back and opens his mouth upward, and we see that it's filled with a black smog, which starts pouring out. When the charge is released, he snaps his jaw shut, causing serious damage to anyone he hits. Depending on the charge, it deals anywhere from 18 - 30% damage, with great upward knockback. However, the hitbox for this move is very small, only within his mouth, and the startup and ending lag are a little longer than that of Ike's Up Smash. This move is extremely difficult to connect with, but is pretty much guaranteed to KO if you do, unless your opponent is at rather low damage.

Down Smash - Paralyzing Roar
Great Dragon leans his head back, then brings it down and roars loudly. Opponents standing on the ground within about a Battlefield platform's length when he does so will be stunned, similar to the effect of Zero Suit Samus' Paralyzer, but without any electricity. Depending on the charge time of this Smash Attack, an opponent at 0% damage who doesn't perform any button input to negate the stun can be stunned for anywhere from a quarter second to a full second. Damaged opponents are stunned for longer, and button input from stunned opponent can free them earlier. The startup lag for this move is comparable to that of King Dedede's Forward Smash, but the ending lag is minimal, allowing you to follow up with another attack easily.

< Aerial Attacks >

Neutral Aerial - Ring of Fire
Great Dragon starts breathing flames, as he performs a slow, maticulous front flip. This takes slightly longer than Charizard's Neutral Aerial, with a bit more lag on either end as well. Great Dragon, however, is not the hitbox for this move. The flames he spits from his mouth are. They reach only about as far as a Fire Flower's flames do, circling with him as he spins. Anyone he hits with them, however, is dealt 10% damage and good knockback in the direction the flames are currently shooting. This move is great to use for aerial spacing, but only if you can work around its awkward hitbox and relative slowness. Good timing with this move can even make it a decent spike as the flames are shooting downward.

Forward Aerial - Snapdragon
Great Dragon rears his head back, then slams it forward, initiating a powerful bite as he does. The hitbox for this is very precise, only consisting of his jaws as they snap shut, but rewards with 18% damage and good horizontal knockback. As far as lag goes, this is comparable to Donkey Kong's Forward Aerial, though a tad bit slower and, once again, with a much more specific hitbox. This is essentially the aerial equivalent of the Up Smash, being hard to hit with, but a very potent KO move.

Backward Aerial - Tail Slap
Great Dragon swings his tail behind him horizontally, covering an okay distance. This has somewhat long, but not painful startup and ending lag. The bulk of the tail deals 12% damage with okay diagonal knockback, but the tip sweetspots for 22% and changes the knockback to directly horizontal, and very powerful. If the tipper of this move can be mastered, it's Great Dragon's easiest KO option, being powerful and decently fast.

Up Aerial - Wing Clap
Great Dragon attempts to spread his wings, but being so large, he falls faster than he was anticipating, and his wings collapse upward, clapping over his head. The startup lag for this is comparable to Ike's Up Aerial, while the ending lag afterward is horrendous, taking about two seconds, as Great Dragon recovers from his incorrectly-judged unfurling of his wings, during which time you're left to simply fall. As the wings fly upward, they deal 5% damage and okay knockback. As they clap, they have a sweetspot of a decent size that deals 18% damage and strong upward knockback. This is a very powerful KO move, but very easily punishable if you miss.

Down Aerial - Stone Dragon
Great Dragon tucks in his limbs, becoming more-or-less round in shape, then petrifies his body to become stone. From here, he falls straight downward, at about the speed King Dedede does after the peak of his Super Dedede Jump. He can't cancel out of this, shooting straight down until he strikes the ground or KOs himself. As he falls, he'll deal 12% damage and very good downward knockback to anyone he hits. If he strikes the ground, the stone will shatter off of him as he does, dealing multi-hit damage within a small radius around him. The startup lag for this move is comparable to that of Yoshi's Ground Pound, and the ending lag is comparable to Kirby's return to normal after using his Stone attack. This can be a very high-risk, high-reward move, due to its great spiking capabilities also ensuring a self-KO.

< Throws >

Grab - Normal
Great Dragon sweeps one claw forward in a slow, but far-reaching grab.

Pummel - Claw Crush
Great Dragon squeezes his claw tight, damaging the foe for 3% damage. This has a slow repetition rate.

Forward Throw - Slash Frenzy
Great Dragon releases his victim, then hacks at them with both claws repeatedly, for five hits of 4% damage each. The last hit has okay knockback, to clear some room, but nowhere near the KO capacity of many other moves. This is mainly used for damaging afterward if Great Dragon has already scored a KO. This Throw takes about two seconds to fully complete, but its damage is often worth it.

Backward Throw - Thrash
Great Dragon thrashes around with his victim, then tosses them behind him. The thrashing, which lasts about a second, deals constant damage totalling up to 10%, then the toss, which has pretty good horizontal knockback behind him, deals another 6%.

Up Throw - Smog
Great Dragon holds his victim over his head, then breathes a thick cloud of smoke in their face. He then releases them, having done no damage. For the next 5 seconds, every second, the affected opponent has a 50% chance of coughing, immediately canceling their current action and dealing 5% damage to them. Use this to make it harder for your opponent to avoid coming attacks.

Down Throw - Firestorm
Slamming his opponent to the ground, Great Dragon then proceeds to unleash a powerful blast of fire on them. This deals 15% damage and good diagonal knockback, and is the most potent of Great Dragon's Throws for KOing. This is yet another slow Throw for Great Dragon, but a most powerful one.

< Situationals >

Ledge Attack - Flaming Tackle
Great Dragon envelops himself in flames as he quickly climbs the ledge and leaps forward. He moves about the distance of one Battlefield platform, though his ignition before climbing is more than fair warning of this move. If he does hit anyone, he'll deal 12% damage and good knockback. This has a fair amount of ending lag, but nothing crippling.

Rising Attack (From Front) - Heat Sphere
Before standing upright, Great Dragon spits a ball of flame at the ground, where it bursts upward, covering an area similar to a Blast Box's explosion, dealing 10% damage and weak upward knockback to anyone it hits. This is a fast attack for Great Dragon, but still fairly slow by other characters' standards.

Rising Attack (From Back) - Double Claw
Great Dragon slashes to either side simultaneously with his claws. This move has a very specific hitbox on each side, but will deal 18% damage and good horizontal knockback if it hits. After performing this attack, Great Dragon clambers to his feet, giving this significant ending lag, though it is quick to execute initially.

Tripped Attack - Whirlwind Wings
Great Dragon flaps his wings in a powerful downward motion, lifting himself to his feet. This causes a small, brief whirlwind to form around him, roughly the size of Meta Knight's Mach Tornado. It lasts for one second, dealing multi-hit damage up to 12%. After the whirlwind vanishes, Great Dragon becomes mobile again.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Depends who you ask. But they really changed everything up with Battle Network. Some people will say that really killed all that had been and should be MegaMan, but some of us liked those games.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
a lil offtopic but...

Yep. I'm excited for that 8-bit MM9 game coming out on the VC! Brings back the same, core gameplay I had loads of fun with as a kid
And I don't think this thread has been on topic since page 200 or so.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Okay i have a few things to adress first.
I don't and have never liked the idea of cutting characters so if nintendo was smart they wouldnt cut people, especially bcuz this time there aren't any real clones except link and tlink.

I'm not big on the idea of different characters as Alt Costumes. Mt reasoning is that it just isn;t that character. Take Peach Daisy, when i play the daisy colors, it doesn't feel like ur playing daisy bcuz its just peach dressed as here. Daisy isn't that much asked for like other people. An alt is good, because she's really not that important. At all. Hell, Rosalina's more important now. She has the same voice and moves and you just feel as if your playing as peach, not daisy. I do however like the idea of alternate costumes, however in the respect of an actual different costume for the character. Like Ness and Ness in his PJ's like at the begining of earthbound. Or link in the magical armour Mario as he doc, Marth in his lord clothes Samus any variation of her suit, the light one would be kickass, etc.

People that were cut last time all can easily be put back in in different ways. The doc could be a n alternate costume bcuz it is still mario. Pichu, could be tranfereed over to Pulse and Minun Plusle and Minun were pretty much confirmed to be Random. Since they only have one spot and since random is missing a spot and since no one really cared about them before people found out their names were in Brawl's data. Not even the Pokemon community., a character that ppl do seem to want and i think it would be cool to have another tandom character plus there not
1st gen. Roy they can put back in, then add lyn for a total of 4 fire emblem characters. Is Lyn really THAT popular? I can maybe understand Roy, but Lyn is just...eh...Mewtwo, put him back, the only evil pokemon and the fact that everyone wasnt happy he was cut is enough reason for him to be back. Ylink is tlink IMO. No. Young Link is a younger version of Link. Toon Link is different Link, especially from TP and is freaking awesome. Don't know much about storylines and such, but aren't those two completely unrelated?

By the way new character i want, Toad(its overdue) Not gonna happen... Birdo I'd be very disturbed., Vaati Can't argue with you cause I have no idea who he is..., Midna Does she have a workable moveset without Wolf Link? Everybody seems to suggest her with WL..., Paula No idea, Claus No chance, since he's hardly popular, Krystal, Leon, Pather(You can have a Starfox vs Starwolf battle 3 on 3 i'll explian a bit lower) 6 Star Fox representatives? I think 4 should be its maximum. It's not THAT popular, you know? Other series deserve characters much more. Dixie, Krool,Mewtwo, Pulse and Minum Don't think they have much chance, plus IC should be the only ones of this kind., Roy Lyn, Dark Samus, Ridley(they can make it work) Yes. They can.Dynablade(a strech but would be cool plus make the kirby series equal 4 reps) Who knows? Is he really that popular? Lip Would she have a workable moveset?, Megaman I'm done arguing with this one. Maybe he won't be so bad., and Bomberman As much as I want him, that's just stretching it a bit.. The people I chose were bcuz of two reasons, one alot are girls bcuz theres a serious lack of them, two all series have an even # of reps this way and have a respective partner, Mario=Luigi Peach=Toad Ness=Paula Zelda=Midna Ganon=Vaati ect.Aswell as popularity and credibility, the only strech is dynablade, thats just my own personal want character. Honerable metions, waluigi No. He should be playable. Deserves it much more than Star Fox characters, even if he's only in crappy sports games., geno Don't think so since Square Enix likes to be a*****,black shadow You make sense, nabooru. No idea.

Changes, Ganon gets own moveset like seriously, Roy new movset, give paula ness' pk moves, and give ness his ones from his game, same goes to lucas. Link make him better, collectivlty through out smash he has been the worst character. I could go into alot of specifics but these would be the main and biggest ones.

This is simply a theory of mine and that is about the multi man melee. When i look at this and the fact that they have 6 characters on the screen it leads to me thinking that they were flirting around the idea of have 6 fighters on the screen at the time of melee. When you look at melee they had some very simple graphic and designed wire frames. There movesets were diminished. Meaning they used simple proggraming to achieve their test run at the idea. It worked well there was no lag, or freezes during the multiman melee in melee so they kept it for the next game to flirt with the idea more. Brawl came and now its more like the FreeForAllmode . They made it so that three characters could be on the screen with 3 polygons.(2 ppl playing and the random opponent who drops in)Oppose to melee where they only had one.(one person playing) They also made it possible for 2 ppl to use controlers and put in commands along with the 4 computerize polygons inputs, thus testing if it could hadle all they infomation, which it does. The polygons are more graphic oppose to the wire frames thus seeing if the game could handle that, it does. With this i believe that with changing technology, they can achieve there goal of having 6 fighters on the screen at one time.
To me i think they will have 6 fighter on the screen next time. Sakurai said that he doesn't want to make a game simple with more characters, but new ideas and new gamplay, so what better way to alter the gameplay then to change the format of the fights from 4 to 6? Like i said above you could have A Star fox vs Star wolf match, or a mario luigi yoshi, vs wario bowswer, birdo. Think of the possibliities. Too confusing.

P.S. Change it back so your records show computer ko's with me some characters have like 4 ko's, i liked it better the other way
Opinions are in bold.
And I don't think this thread has been on topic since page 200 or so.
It has. We've been arguing what we would like in the next game.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You would also have to be capable of having 6 people controlling at the same time for this too be a good idea.
Which the Wii is capable of, actually.

With wireless, that's really not much of an issue. All three current-gen consoles have it in them to support seven players (I think), while the PS3 might be able to do eight or something. Anyway, point made.

Megaman: The old games were better, but I was getting sick of them by the sixth or seventh one, and the X series didn't help (I might have played, like, one of them). Battle Network was a silly copout, but the Zero and ZX games are really, really cool, and where I hope Megaman keeps evolving towards.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Which the Wii is capable of, actually.

With wireless, that's really not much of an issue. All three current-gen consoles have it in them to support seven players (I think), while the PS3 might be able to do eight or something. Anyway, point made.
O rly? Well, shows how much I know. Anyway, imagine a 7 player free-for-all...then being the first one out of stocks.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
O rly? Well, shows how much I know. Anyway, imagine a 7 player free-for-all...then being the first one out of stocks.
Which is probably why nobody's really attempted it yet. It's obviously possible to do in Smash Bros. (6 players, that is), due to Multi-Man Brawl. I don't think they should just up the max count to 6 for SSB4, but they could certainly add it as a new mode, with limited options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom