• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic rFAQ! New to Sonic? Have a quick question? Ask it here!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Uair second hit also outranges ROB Dair.

When perfectly spaced >.> lol

:093:

BSP

Smash Legend
huh, i could've sworn I asked this question, but i dont see it anywhere so: I've seen sonics in videos run off the edge in a full run, and immediately grab the ledge...how do you do it?

Tenki

Smash Hero
huh, i could've sworn I asked this question, but i dont see it anywhere so: I've seen sonics in videos run off the edge in a full run, and immediately grab the ledge...how do you do it?
instant ledgehog-
assuming that [forward] is towards the stage, and [back] is away from it:

1) roll to ledge
2) quickly do a [back]-[down]-[forward] motion on the control stick

in essence, you fastfall off the edge (which keeps you near it) then your flick towards the stage starts up your ledgegrab.

after you get used to that, basically you just work your way up to walking to the ledge and ledgehogging, and then running off the edge and edgehogging.

Any character can do it ;3

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
up air does 9%
fair does 13% (rarely, since it usually doesnt hit with all the hits)
nair does 13% on the initial hit.
Nair only does 11% on the initial hit. Second hit is 8%, last hit is 5%.

):<

Yeah, I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I just wanted to correct this.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Man, it just keeps getting better and better!

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I don't have a wii so I can't test, but can characters, specifically Ice Climbers, shield grab a ASC?

Browny

Smash Hater
every character can easily shield grab an ASC if you land it right in front of their face... still cant believe people actually use this as a direct approach honestly

Tenki

Smash Hero
They can't shieldgrab high ASC's can they? (ones that, if you keep holding forward, land behind them)

can't test atm.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
If you space it that way, you can't grab it from what I'm aware, however I've heard that characters like Lucario who have longer vertical grab range than most characters may be able to grab you.

also, has anyone noticed that if you time the jump off the shield right during the ASC...

ASC > shield connect > hit 1, hit 2 > jump

You get a weird, long ranged jump, almost as if Sonic is spinshotting off the shield? lol
it's hard to explain, it's something I've been doing forever, and I'm sure most of you are aware, I just don't recall us discussing this. I'm pretty sure that's impossible to punish.

*hopes people get what I'm trying to say*

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
If you space it that way, you can't grab it from what I'm aware, however I've heard that characters like Lucario who have longer vertical grab range than most characters may be able to grab you.

also, has anyone noticed that if you time the jump off the shield right during the ASC...

ASC > shield connect > hit 1, hit 2 > jump

You get a weird, long ranged jump, almost as if Sonic is spinshotting off the shield? lol
it's hard to explain, it's something I've been doing forever, and I'm sure most of you are aware, I just don't recall us discussing this. I'm pretty sure that's impossible to punish.

*hopes people get what I'm trying to say*

Yeah I noticed that jump as well but it isn't like a regular spinshot, its a spinshot but more vertical.

Tenki

Smash Hero
technically you can't SDJ out of an ASC, but you can double jump -

actually he's saying that they can't grab you out of ASC if you're doing it high (aiming to land behind them - or think of the ASC> footstool kind of spacing), unless they have high vertical grab range like Lucario.

then he's bringing up something about a shieldstun jump and/or footstool out of a shield hit that apparently makes you jump higher.

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
technically you can't SDJ out of an ASC, but you can double jump -

actually he's saying that they can't grab you out of ASC if you're doing it high (aiming to land behind them - or think of the ASC> footstool kind of spacing), unless they have high vertical grab range like Lucario.

then he's bringing up something about a shieldstun jump and/or footstool out of a shield hit that apparently makes you jump higher.
So he's trying to say that they can't shield grab because of the hitstun of the attack and because of the way you come out of it once you make contact?

Tenki

Smash Hero
no, he's just saying that he randomly noticed that you can get a higher jump under certain circumstances.

I don't that part has anything to do with whether or not you can get grabbed LOL

I'm pretty sure the last thing anyone really said related to getting grabbed is that if you do a high ASC (going towards/across their head) you can't get shieldgrabbed by most characters.

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
On a totally diferent note i like to space and build damage quick using the b-air just because i like abusing the IASA frames. Now, is it better to use my SD attacks and save up the b-air or just use my u-air more often?

Umby

Smash Master
On a totally diferent note i like to space and build damage quick using the b-air just because i like abusing the IASA frames. Now, is it better to use my SD attacks and save up the b-air or just use my u-air more often?
If you asked me, it should be a mix of these things. You could start off abusing Uair's hitbox to build damage, then start abusing bair (so you won't get punished if it hits and lower percentages). When these start putting the opponent in a peculiar position, you can try and follow up with SD shenanigans.

If you meant more in terms of spacing, use ftilt IMO.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah I noticed that jump as well but it isn't like a regular spinshot, its a spinshot but more vertical.
yessssssssssssssssss

err...the only thing close to that, which i have did, was a footstool off of the opponent. Other than that, i never did this "hop" thing.

I get what you are saying cammy. :)
i really wish i had my own capture so i could record random **** and show you guys. It's neat, lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Does it send you more vertically or horizontally far?
If it's vertical, it may just be you footstooling off of the opponents' shield.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
So conclusion, if you aim a high ASC (the multiple hit one, hold forward) you'll land behind them thus not getting grab.

I need to try this is tournament and continually break the icies shield and stuff.

PZ

Smash Lord
if u can answer this question it would b awesome to use sonic Q:how do u cancel the b att or somethin like that? or how do u spike with the srping on edge?:confused:or some1 most've hacked when i saw that:(

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
if u can answer this question it would b awesome to use sonic Q:how do u cancel the b att or somethin like that?
I take it that you're talking about the spin dash. Charge a Side B then press the sheild button before it's fully charged.

or how do u spike with the srping on edge?:confused:or some1 most've hacked when i saw that:(
That was a stage spike, the spring knocked them into the stage.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How affective would the ASC be against characters who know their jab can outprioritize any of sonic's SD attacks?
ASC and SDR are two different attacks, just because a character can attack right through your SDR doesn't mean ASC is any different.

In fact, it's worse. ASC has the same hitbox range (it's the outline, meaning it won't do @#$% to protect you from attacks like Snake's UTilt that reach far and because ASC doesn't clank) as SDR.

Use ASC wisely. If it's not working, stop doing it and try something else, or it will eventually be your downfall.

Top Bottom